Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Screw that todays was a blinder - check this out:

Thursday

laugh or cry... Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed if I know but after a strange workout or two yesterday I was on Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing FIRE today. Hands were locked in tight and I think if I hadn't started feeling dizzy and running out of steam I could have done a few more singles. This is the kind of session where when my hands open up I get a bone deep ache.

As it was I did 15 with 96.10-kilos or just short of 212lbs. I'd like to hit 231lbs for a single at the competition.

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 6 reps. Felt super light. Plus 30-kilos x 3 (ditto) reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos (96.10 total) x 15 x 1 reps. Rep 12 was held for time. I had the slightest skin tear on the very first rep at the base of my left thumb but it was more a dry flake and after that nothing. Each rep was tight and unmoving. A good days pinching.

Nice one Steve. It is often the unloading effect of being ill/knackered for a few days that mimics the conscious unloading you'll be doing before the comp - so all in all this looks very good for you.

Depending how things go on the day I would hope for something like 96 - 101 - 105 - 108 from you perhaps? Looking at the events I think that you will score as heavily as anyone in the last three events, but I think you would want to be at least even with David after the pinch. Given previous year's results you will probably have around a 10 point lead after the grippers, so you would want to be withing 10 points of him in the pinch - if he is in World Record form again you'll need 103.5kg plus to do that.

Together with your evaluation of the running of the comp I think you're spot on. I hit 103-kilos unofficially at the xmas event and need/want 105-kilos at the British.

Such language! And here was me thinking you were a polite young gentleman! ;)

Don't'cha just love it when everything unexpectedly click into place and you find yourself in the zone!

Yep and when I do I don't stick to the planned numbers but try and milk it for all it's worth. :cool

Tuesday

back still tight (book session) but once in the gym ass-kicking mode.

Vulcan Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps

L/H: L10 x 1 rep, L11 x 3 x 1 rep L11 + 1 band x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: L10 x 1 rep, L16 x VVN, VVN, L15 + 3 bands x 3 x 1 reps

CG Bench - max only

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 72.5-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 rep

Tuesday pm session

Day off tomorrow

2HP @ 44mm

A good session and well on target for 105-kilos / 231lbs at BHSA comp.

T/L/R/T

If I get better on pinch I get worse on RT and vice versa. Must remember to alternate which one I start session with.

Thursday

Back massaging machine came today and I had a quick go before leaving and will wear it out over the next few days :D

I wasn't quite 'in the zone' today but as can be seen still hit the targets. It just felt like there wasn't any spare.

Leg Press

0-kilos x 8 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 620-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench Press

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 75-kilos e/s (170) x 3 x 1 rep

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 27.5-kilos x 8 reps

Bwt: 20st 4lbs Down a little which is a shame but what the hey...

Thursday pm

Barely Pm mind. About an hour after coming back from Gymnation and prepping some orders I did the following. It is, as I said a few posts back, very much the case that heavy ass pinching takes a huge amount off of the Thumbless Rolling Thunder. It'll be interesting to see how this affects lifting on the day of the competition (not so many reps and a rest might help).

T/L/R/T

B/H: 60-kilos x 8 reps @

L/H:

R/H:

I do know that David gets very close to or actually does the equivalent of all five lifts in the last few workouts. This was the case in previous years. I'm playing around with ideas at the moment. Right now it's 2 workouts in one day and then a day off.

Since you can more or less choose your hours of training

lucky bastard! ;)

Thursday pm

Barely Pm mind. About an hour after coming back from Gymnation and prepping some orders I did the following. It is, as I said a few posts back, very much the case that heavy ass pinching takes a huge amount off of the Thumbless Rolling Thunder. It'll be interesting to see how this affects lifting on the day of the competition (not so many reps and a rest might help).

T/L/R/T

L/H:

R/H:

I find the same thing. Though doing RT work before pinch seems to have more of an effect. Rt takes something off all my other grip lifts if i don't have a day's rest between it and anything else.

Saturday

A tough old session and still missing the 'zing' I'd like but the actual weights etc were top notch. Three events in about 2 hours and felt pukey by the end. Back still needs a little work although using the massager does help. There is a few spots when it's rubbing away which are actually sore to the touch.

Vulcan Gripper / Torsion grippers

B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps, L10 x 1 rep

L/H: CoC 3 x VVN (just off) L11 + 2 bands x rubbish.

R/H: CoC 3.5 x VVN (as near as damned closed), BBSE x 1 rep, L15 + 3 bands x 1 and VVN. Hands were done after this. Would have liked more.

Weaver Stick

B/H: bar x 6 reps, plus 2.5-kilos x 3 reps, plus 3.5-kilos (5) x 1 rep - all no wrap.

L/H: plus 5.5-kilos (7.0) x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: plus 5-kilos (6.5) x 1 rep (very easy), plus 6.5-kilos (8.0) x 3 x 1 reps

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 rep, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 77-kilos (98.10-kilos total) x 8 x 1 rep New PB for multiple singles. I also tore the skin at the base of the left thumb a little but that's ok.

Monday

Most days I wake up with my back stiff, sometimes a shoulder aches, sometimes other parts feel the strain. I eat my breakfast, take my vits and get ready to go to the gym wondering if it'll be a good session. Before I go I drink my coffee, take a pain killer or two and then pick up my bag.

Then I have a workout like this one - Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing awesome! :D

Seated BB Press

15-kilos (50) e/s x 8 reps, 30-kilos (80) e/s x 6 reps (easy), 40-kilos e/s x 1 rep. So easy I went to a new PB 45-kilos (110 or 3 big yellow 15's a side) x 3 x 1 reps. That's 242lbs in old money.

DB Curls (all hammer style)

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos x 8 reps, 30-kilos x 8 reps (last set loose)

Tricep Pressdown

stack x 12 reps, plus 25-kilos x 12 reps, plus 45-kilos x 12 reps and then 8 reps

Arms were PUMPED and were a gnats bollock under 20-inches. Just a tiny fraction but it was actually painful to keep trying to pump them so I stopped giving a shit and had a protein drink.

Bwt: 20st 8lbs 8oz

Monday pm

Both hands were all over the place to begin with and it took some modifications and adjustments to the load to get it right. I found a slight turning in of the wrist helped loads.

T/L/R/T

L/H: 85-kilos x 1 rep, then 0. Dropped to 82.5-kilos (weights only) x 4 x 1 reps. Too easy so upped to 83.75-kilos x 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1 reps

R/H: 97.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps then form went to shit. Adjusted to 96.25-kilos x 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1 reps

Having, I think, peaked on this exercise 2 weeks ago I have the same again to bring it back to where it was and have set myself the same targets as before.

I've just seen a photo of a new brand of grippers (more for collectors ha ha) which seem to be rated to 500lbs...

Wednesday

Grippers

A gripper only session and annoyingly just off doing what I wanted.

L/H: CoC 3 x 4-5 x 1 all VVN

R/H: CoC 3.5 x 4-5 x 1 all VVN

1HL

A feel the groove session. I was adjusting the length of the chain for height and making sure the handle was anchored against my thigh etc.

20-kilos e/s x 1 rep @ hand, 40-kilos e/s x 1 rep @ hand. Working weight - 180-kilos plus the bar etc (194.54-kilos) x 4 x 1 reps @ hand. The first 2-3 reps were at link 4 and the later 1-2 at link 5.

Wednesday pm

No matter what the pinch keeps moving forward. I actually held myself back from over-doing it a little. I got a teeny weeny skin tear at the base of the left thumb and decided not to push that or my always sore and stiff back. So stopped at 6 singles. The last one was a solid lowered down slowly lift.

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 77.5-kilos x 6 x 1 rep This was another new training / reps PB. So I dragged the whole thing over to our super duper (accurate to within 100g) scales and it showed 100.30-kilos or 221.12lbs.

Thursday pm

Benched with Loz and H (they did other stuff I just benched). PB's all round. Loz made 175-kilos and H 145-kilos. I hit the magic 4 plates a side I've wanted for ages. If I was honest I'll say it was a tad 'ooh 4 plates a side... scary'. But it got done.

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 70-kilos a side x 1 rep, 75-kilos (170) a side x 1 rep, 80-kilos a side (180) x 1 rep.

As is usual for me 60-kilos was nothing, 100-kilos is where I actually start to feel the weight. 140-kilos and I need to tighten up everything, get some air in and so on. 160-kilos and 170-kilos and I'm in territory I've been in before so I know I can do it. 175-kilos was a place I've been to before so was more of a 'lets see how I feel now' rep. I felt a little cramp (as I did at xmas when I last went to this weight) so stretched and walked it off. 180-kilos was new, a little scary and yet was apparently smooth. I did feel my left foot slip a little so had it in mind to 'move quicker now before you lose grip'. I didn't actually feel the weight so much as know it was there and need to get the job done.