Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

True.

Tons better but still a way to go (have a rasp at the back of the throat and still sweating in bouts from time to time). I've also lost loads of weight while ill.

Monday

Thumbless Rolling Thunder

Weights do not inc pin etc

B/H: 45-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 80-kilos x 8 reps non-stop (too easy), so added 2.5-kilos for 82.5-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 92.5-kilos x 4, plus 10 x 1 reps.

I'd say I started too light for the 20 weeks. No chalk was used at all (just dried hands on towel between reps and sets etc

Tuesday

Seated press

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 30-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 0 reps, 35-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 37.5-kilos x 1 rep, 35-kilos x 1 rep.*

Dumbbell curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 15-kilos @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos @ x 8 reps, 22-kilos @ x 6 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 6 reps

Thick pinch (70mm)

to an easy 90-kilos x 1 and the could do no more.

* bwt down from 289 to 270!!! bloody flu. I was hoping to sit at 282lbs for the next few months. A lower bodyweight affects my pressing and bench.

Hello Mob, I would like to begin a cycle (3x1 for example) for RT with +1.25kgs every workout, my Pr is 70kgs, in which weight would advise me you to begin?

Then you already know the answer. More so if you, as I do, have a specific target in mind. I break down the time - 20 weeks or less for me (British Championships), allowing for PB's and adding a few percent. I also tested mine a little to see where my max is at the mo.

Many years ago when the thumbless rolling thunder (the varient I'm training) I did a decent 117.5-kilos or thereabouts right handed on a not quite new handle. A test last week had me at 90 left and 100 right on a newer handle. So, without giving too much away to rivals I'll look to be in excess of what my old pb was. I started at 80 (maybe too light as per my log) for my left and 90 for my right and will look to add about 1.25-kilos per week.

You can do exactly the same with your 70-kilo pr now. In your case I'd up the sets and reps idea as most of the top are doing being between 8 and 20 reps as a set. Then take the time frame and divide it my the smallest disc you want to add per week and for all intents and purposes you'll have your starting weight. Allow for 2-3 weeks which don't go right and you'll be ok.

Kin hell thats complicated for my little brain to handle :blush

VP Tom would agree with his 'little gems my arse' comments ha ha

Thursday

What the heck?? I've dropped another 1.9lbs (268.1). I'm eating as well as usual. This was yesterdays food intake:

7.30am usual breakfast

11am 100g protein shake

2pm half of a family size mince beef and onion pie and veg

6pm same shake as before

8.30pm same as lunch (other half)

10pm same shake as before.

I also had two lemsips with 5g creatine added.

Grippers - max

L/H: BBGM x 6 x VVN and 1 miss at the end so stopped

R/H: BBSE x VVN, VVN, VN, VVVN (just off closed), VVN, VN, 0 - stopped as above.

Thumbless R/Thunder

Used only free spinning handle

B/H: 45-kilos (thumb over) x 8 reps

L/H: 82.5-kilos x 8 n/s reps

R/H: 95-kilos x 1, 0, 1 was too big a jump so dropped to 93.75-kilos x 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 several were mega solid

Are you still losing a lot of fluids? That could explain the further weight drop. Plus the fact that you had only recently gone up to 289, the weight drop is probably not quite as dramtic as it feels.

2pm half of a family size mince beef and onion pie and veg

There's where you went wrong...

LOL! :D

That's no joke that BBSE of yours Steve, i tried that one last summer and i thought it was just a tad below my #4. :rock

]Saturday

Gymnation

CG Bench

bar x 8 reps, 20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 70-kilos x 0 reps, 65-kilos e/s x 2-3 x 1 reps

Leg Press

0-kilos x 8 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 480-kilos (held back from all out) x reps.

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 20-kilos x 7 reps (had to stop half way through as the pin was catching).

Bwt: 19st 8.5lbs / 274.5lbs

I did on the lef press and to a lesser degree on the pullovers but as can be seen just was not capable, today, of the bench. Both our scales and GN's, which differ by 4lbs, showed a weighed gain.

Sunday

Have a busy day ahead of me. One guy is coming over to chat about an e-book, two more to pick up supplements and two more are training at the yard. So much for a day of rest. So I trained just to ice the cake ha ha

Weaver Stick

B/H: bar x 3 reps, plus 2.5-kilos x 3 reps, plus 3.5-kilos x 3 reps (opened up last weeks small scab on right hand. With the strap tight it barely bled but when loose I ended up having to put a dressing on - NB: must buy weaver equip so as to stop cutting hand). Last set plus 4.5-kilos (6kg total) x 3 x 1 each.

One hand lift

B/H: 80-kilos x 4 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 195-kilos x 1 rep and 215-kilos x 1 rep

2HP @ 44mm approx

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep. Then plus 71-kilos x 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1 (all last 4 was with a small square of tissue on webbing of right thumb. The lack of work and or volume hs meant the skin, which was nicely thickened up leading to the 22nd Dec event, has softened again and so will need conditioning).

Steve, have you got a photo of a proper weaver stick setup? I have an old mop handle at work that i'm gonna use with attached weight.