mobsterone

Wednesday

Grippers - heavy

L/H: BBGM x 5 x 1 a

R/H: CoC 3.5 x 5 x 1 a

R/Thunder

New handle

B/H: 45-kilos x 6 reps

L/H: 85-kilos x 3, x 2, x 2, x 1 (8 in total)

R/H: 95-kilos x 3, x 2, dropped to intended weight of 93.75-kilos and did 3 more reps

Old handle

L/H: 105-kilos x 1 rep, tried 107.5-kilos and nowt there.

R/H: 120-kilo x 1 rep, and missed 122.5-kilo.

Friday

God damn today was hard work but a PB is a PB.

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 55-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 70-kilos (160) e/s x 1 rep, 75-kilos (170) e/s x 1 rep, 76.25-kilos e/s (172.5) x 1 rep. tried but missed again 77.5-kilos e/s x 0 (should have done this instead of the 172.5-kilos as I felt like there was more there when I did that rep). Dropped to 165-kilos with the intention of 3 x 1 reps but did 1 and knew that was me lot.

1 Arm Cable Row

Stack x 8 reps, then plus 25-kilos x 3 x 8 reps per arm.

Bwt: 20st 9lbs / 289lbs

Friday pm

Part of the over work until Tuesday plan then rest up until Saturday

2HP @ 44mm

Hard. Top of right thumb still tender and off putting and so held back from going all out - and there's a mind flabbergastenpoopy.

equ (t) x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos (t) x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos (t) x 1 rep, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 0 reps, x 1 rep(TI), x 1 rep(TI), x 1 rep(TI), x 1 rep, 1 rep, 1 rep, 1 rep, x 0 reps, x 1 rep(TI), x 0 reps (TI), x 1 rep(TI) and done. Meat in forearms worked well.

(t) equal with towel over and (TI) with a small square of tissue padding sore skin at top of thumb

Sunday

Seated BB press

bar x 8 reps, 20-kilos (60) e/s x 8 reps, 30-kilos (80) e/s x 6 reps, 40-kilos e/s (100) x 1 rep, 41.25-kilos (102.5) e/s x 1 rep, 42.5-kilos e/s (105) x 1 rep, 43.75-kilos (107.5) e/s x 1 rep and finally 45-kilos e/s (110) x 1 rep I think that this is a new PB of 110-kilos or 242lbs for the seated press

Cable Curls

Started by working in using a preacher bench

55lbs x 8 reps, 65lbs x 8 reps, then just cable curls 80lbs x 8 reps and finally 90lbs x 8 reps. I may switch to dumbbells because using an e/z style bar is causing a slight strain feel to the bicep (I'm unable to turn by hands out enough).

TPD

I was off after the heavy seated presses so only did

stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 45-kilos x 2 x 4 reps

Bwt 289lbs

Not sure where to ask, so I use this log. Sorry, Mob!

Any updates on Josh Bigger?

Tuesday am

Last but one session before PB challenge day. Immediately after training roped in with repairs and layout rearranging with the rest of the crew in our yard - again in readiness for Saturday

Leg Press

Done first as someone using the rack I wanted

0-kilos x 12 reps a leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 540-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench - speed / groove session.

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s (140) x 1 rep, 70-kilos (160) e/s x 1 rep and 75-kilos e/s (165-kilos) x 4 x 1 rep (3rd rep just flew up and 4th was paused!!). With the old PB of 167.5-kilos only 2.5-kilos away and I'm pausing etc... can't complain.

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 30-kilos x 6 reps

Bwt 289lbs

Tuesday am

Last but one session before PB challenge day. Immediately after training roped in with repairs and layout rearranging with the rest of the crew in our yard - again in readiness for Saturday

Leg Press

Done first as someone using the rack I wanted

0-kilos x 12 reps a leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 540-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench - speed / groove session.

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s (140) x 1 rep, 70-kilos (160) e/s x 1 rep and 75-kilos e/s (165-kilos) x 4 x 1 rep (3rd rep just flew up and 4th was paused!!). With the old PB of 167.5-kilos only 2.5-kilos away and I'm pausing etc... can't complain.

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 30-kilos x 6 reps

Bwt 289lbs

Hello Steve,

Good luck with the bench on Saturday, I will get down if I can to watch you. Also, I might see where I am on the R/T, pulled 137.5 + the handle/pin last week so may get something decent.

Laine

That would be great. Nick McKinless has arranged to go out after for xmas dinner. He will NEED to know by Friday latest if anyone who wants to go for the meal is going or not. There may be a few spaces left as we have had 1 or two drop out.

137.5-kilos PLUS the pin etc is awesome.

Tuesday pm

Last session before big lifting day.

Grippers - volume

L/H: RB 240ip x 10 x 2. Was aiming for 11 x 2 but it died at 10.

R/H: BBE x 11 x 1 :D

R/Thunder

Used the lighter loading pin

B/H: 45-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 86.25-kilos x 8 x 1 tough reps

R/H: 95-kilos x 8 n/s reps. I was kicking ass!

Steve you know how lazy i am :D

Could you please post your routine

template including sets,reps & all

the usual crap that goes with it

please mate ?

:rock

H is 18. He and Loz were loaders at the British. H just this week did 225-kilos on the squat with his bigger brother doubling 290-kilos. Loz also apparently did a 340-kilo deadlift today (about 750lbs). H is also a very good deadlifter. I only beat either of them on Bench Press and at 18 H will probably pass me in a few years. Loz made it through to the Britain's Strongest Man finals injuring his bicep on the tyre flip event. He would have had the fastest time (better than Terry Holland and Mark Felix) on the farmers but for an error 3 feet from the line with 125-kilos per hand. Loz (or TT) is also pretty damn fast on the yoke with a 25m 400-kilo effort taking him a very annoyed (hence fast time) of less than 10 seconds.

Forget grippers - neither are much cop but yes thick bar is done, some RT work gets thrown in and so on. But they have NEVER properly structured a grip routine yet. It is literally 'oh Nick is doing it I'll have a go'. H more so than Loz. H has done something close to a routine but only the last few weeks (thumbs were proper bleeding the last time).

If they haven't peaked too early we may well have the most 100-kilo+ pinches ever in one competition. Including myself I think we will have 6 athletes exceed 100-kilos or 220lbs on December 22nd. Two, maybe three, are looking at 110-kilos (Loz apparently getting air under 110-kilos himself today - 3-4 inches).

only just seen this. Thanks for the kind words steve. I dont really train grip comp events but i do train grip for strongman and i can lift the inch easy and i can do the COC no3.

Harry has small hands but his grip is getting stronger all the time thanks 2 Nick and yourself.

im looking forward 2 all of us hitting some big numbers on sat. If i hit 100kg pinch i will be very happy, 95kg was easy on sat but 100kg wouldnt move. see what happens, im more interested in hitting my squat, bench and deadlift pbs but a pinch of 100kg would top the day off. then a nice enjoyable meal after. see ya on sat mate.

Loz

So for you it's the bench, the pinch and possibly a RT lift for glory?

Are spectators still welcome?

Yes. You are probably too late for the meal and I'm not sure if places are left for that (PM Nick) but otherwise ok. Mike brought some benches to sit on and we have them now.

H is 18. He and Loz were loaders at the British. H just this week did 225-kilos on the squat with his bigger brother doubling 290-kilos. Loz also apparently did a 340-kilo deadlift today (about 750lbs). H is also a very good deadlifter. I only beat either of them on Bench Press and at 18 H will probably pass me in a few years. Loz made it through to the Britain's Strongest Man finals injuring his bicep on the tyre flip event. He would have had the fastest time (better than Terry Holland and Mark Felix) on the farmers but for an error 3 feet from the line with 125-kilos per hand. Loz (or TT) is also pretty damn fast on the yoke with a 25m 400-kilo effort taking him a very annoyed (hence fast time) of less than 10 seconds.

Forget grippers - neither are much cop but yes thick bar is done, some RT work gets thrown in and so on. But they have NEVER properly structured a grip routine yet. It is literally 'oh Nick is doing it I'll have a go'. H more so than Loz. H has done something close to a routine but only the last few weeks (thumbs were proper bleeding the last time).

If they haven't peaked too early we may well have the most 100-kilo+ pinches ever in one competition. Including myself I think we will have 6 athletes exceed 100-kilos or 220lbs on December 22nd. Two, maybe three, are looking at 110-kilos (Loz apparently getting air under 110-kilos himself today - 3-4 inches).

only just seen this. Thanks for the kind words steve. I dont really train grip comp events but i do train grip for strongman and i can lift the inch easy and i can do the COC no3.

Harry has small hands but his grip is getting stronger all the time thanks 2 Nick and yourself.

im looking forward 2 all of us hitting some big numbers on sat. If i hit 100kg pinch i will be very happy, 95kg was easy on sat but 100kg wouldnt move. see what happens, im more interested in hitting my squat, bench and deadlift pbs but a pinch of 100kg would top the day off. then a nice enjoyable meal after. see ya on sat mate.

Loz

S'ok mate - see you Saturday.

Steve you know how lazy i am :D

Could you please post your routine

template including sets,reps & all

the usual crap that goes with it

please mate ?

:rock

I'm feeling lazy too. So no ha ha :D

I'm gonna be shagged out tomorrow but did well today. I broke the 100-kilo barrier on the pinch (twice ha ha) and did a 177.5-kilo bench. There's a bunch more stuff I'll try and get down tomorrow but sod it I need a rest. :blush

I knew, cos I'd done 3 x 1, that the 170-kilo was safe. 175-kilos had been on the cards for 2 weeks and the 177.5-kilos / 390.5lbs was done cos of the crowd and me loving competition. Nick and David will confirm but I think the pinch was 102-kilo+ officially and then another but unofficial 103+ kilos. Loz's big numbers on the squat and deadlift were impressive as was H's.

Nick's write up of the lifting:

I truly am old and weak!

Overhead

Kye (17) - 85kg log

Richard (19) - 140kg Log

Squat

Harry (18) - 230kg

Alan (older!!) - 230kg

Loz - 317.5kg

Pinch

Harry - 97.2kh

Loz - 97.9kg

Steve - 101.9kg (plus a 4th @ 103.1kg)

Nick - 102.6kg

David - 107.5kg

Bench

Ant - 85kg

Kye - 105kg

Sam - 110kg

Harry - 142.5kg

David - 145kg

Richard - 160kg

Loz - 160kg

Nick - 160kg

Alan - 175kg

Steve - 177.5kg

Sean - 182.kg

Deadlift

Ant - 190kg

Kye - 200kg

Harry - 260kg

Sean - 260kg (Axle)

Alan - 280kg

Loz - 350kg

Everyone lifted out of their skins. Many of us hadn't planned to even lift but did anyway because the atmosphere was so good. David was 3-4" off a World Record in the pinch. Loz was simply stunning in the leg and back department. Alan was incredibly well rounded as well. Harry was a freaky 18 year old. Richard was a freaky 19 year old. Sean is a mad Liver-poodludlian with massive potential. Steve G is now known as the grinder for his 15 second bench press!! Kye is the toughest 17 year old ever. Ant is getting better and better. Sam needs to do kore lifting and less grip but is very strong indeed! And I am slowly getting older and older!!!!

Really wonderful day had by everyone...this will probably become a classic in the future.

Congratulations everyone!!!

I've added photos to my whey site gallery as has Nick to his blog (David Horne has some as well)

Edited by mobsterone