Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Tuesday

Grippers - max

L/H: BBGM x VN, VVN, VVN, VVN, VVN, VVN, VN

R/H: BBSE x VN, VVN, VVN, HG350 x 1, CoC 3.5 x VVVN, VVN, VVN, missed

CG Bench - speed

bar x 8 reps, 20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 6 x 1 reps (2 good the rest could have been quicker).

Thumbless R/Thunder

Weights do not inc pin etc

Newer handle

B/H: 45-kilos x 8 reps

L/H: 83.75-kilos x 4 reps, 7 reps (sweet)

R/H: 95-kilos x 4 reps, 1, 1, 1, 1 reps

Older handle

B/H: to 120-kilos (tried 135-kilos and dropped to 130-kilos but was done for the day).

Big rolling thunder pulls.

What handle is being used at the british? Are you going to buy a brand new one to be opened on the day and used for the contest?

Check the updated BHSA regs for more info. At £30.00 a pop a new handle is too much to spend everytime we hold an event and of course with it being thumbless IM would not acept any record anyway. So we're going for, as per regs, with freely spinning.

Thursday

Major bloody PC issues again. What should have taken me - what - an hour max?? Took all bloody morning. So I was hungry but pissed off / annoyed by the time I got to the gym. Loz and H had turned up so they did their thing and I did mine. I was also meant to train at gymnation but ended up training at the yard.

Press was, as can be seen, well off but the rest was ok. To keep things moving quickly I did some supersetting.

Seated press

15-kilos x 8 reps, 30-kilos x 8 reps, 37.5-kilos x 0 reps, reset and got 1 rep. So shit I dropped it to 35-kilos a side (198lbs) x 5 x 1 reps. As I did them I got better.

d/bell curls

10-kilos x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos x 8 reps, 25-kilos x 7 reps, x 6 reps

Dips

Bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps (did not think I'd get these but did)

T/P/Downs

Now felt strong so:

20-kilos on LPD x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps

Saturday

Grippers - volume

L/H: RB 240ip x 8 x 2 reps

R/H: BBE x 8 x 1 reps

T/less R/Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos x 8 reps

L/H: 85-kilos x 3, x 2, x 2, x1 reps

R/H: 96.25-kilos x 8 x 1 reps (slight twinge in the back of the hand)

I also got a very slight pull in the lower right hand side of my back.

2HP

usual warm-ups then:

91.5-kilos x 8 attempts (1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1). The missed one came up but not enough. It was very moist in the gym - everything had a layer of moisture on it due to the bad weather we've had. I used a square of tissue on all the max weight reps and held the last one for quite a while. ie: the more I did the better I got.

Monday

Back still a little tight but as usual this just makes me more careful.

CG Bench

bar x 8 reps, 20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e.x 1 rep, 65-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 reps (first two hard then 3rd less and 4th was best of the bunch).

L/press

plate x 12 reps a leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 500-kilos x 8 reps (could hear linear bearings grinding a little)

P/Overs

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 22.5-kilos x 5 reps (pin was catching but I was done anyway).

Bwt: 19st 8.5lbs / 274.5lbs

Wednesday

Back still piss poor - better when I move about but still damned annoying. It'll be better in a few days.

Because of this 1 hand lifts were out - no harm to take more time on those anyway. Pinching, as can be seen, was limited. I was due to do grippers in 2 days time so brought them forward.

Weaver Stick

Came over to find the e/z bar loaded with 6-kilos... hmmm Anyway:

B/H: bar x 2.5-kilos x 3 reps, plus 3.5-kilos x 3 reps, plus 4.75-kilos (6.25-kilos total) x 3 x 1 reps

2HP

usual warm ups to 80-kilos (60+ equ) with no probs but 85 and 90 were not budging. My hans they say yes but my back it say no ho ho. Or better it say ouch!

So onto grippers instead

Grippers - max

L/H: BBGM VVN, VVN, VVN, VN, VN, VVN, VN, VN

R/H: CoC 3.5 x 1 rep then BBSE x VVN, VVN, VN, VVN, VVN, VN, VN

Friday

All bloody week my lower backs been playing me up. It didn't feel too bad on getting up today and I've been very careful trying not to overdo the painkillers, walk a little to help it ease off and so on. However, I relented today and booked an expensive appointment with the Osteopaths I've used before for early next week.

I was set up to do a little work and a little training this morning but changed my mind and just did the work. But by the time late afternoon came round I was unable to resist and very carefully did the following:

T/L/R/Thunder

I was very careful with this as it had been on this movement last Saturday that I injured myself. I supersetted all of the heavy singles with the same on the bench - gives me more of a rest.

B/H:30-kilos x 1 rep, 45-kilos x 1 rep, 60-kilos x 1 rep, 75-kilos x 1 rep, 85-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 86.25-kilos x 4 x 1 rep (held back from the 8 x 1 target)

R/H: 97.5-kilos x 4 x 1 rep (as above)

CG Bench

It took some care to actually lay down on the bench - the very slight arch in my back made it hurt somewhat (a little short of 'like a bitch') and so I did the warm-up with my feet up. I then had to grab the uprights of the rack and kind of pull myself back up or my back would spasm. I found a 6-inch or so block under my feet helped and used this for all the rest of the work. This was the case each and every time. Oh what joy...

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40, 50, 55-kilos e/s x 1 rep only. Then 60-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 reps only to keep my hand in as it were.

After I didn't feel too bad, having kept my belt on and only getting my hips under when getting out of chairs etc seems to cause me real pain. Just now I got up from my recliner to come and type this up and by god it hurt! I have found, during the week, that I am doing my hunched up old man walk and that various parts of my back are very tight as they take over from where the actual strain is.

Was training at all my best idea all week? Probably not. And I'll probably be just as stupid again in a day or twos time.

If your lower back is the problem for the 2HP, why don't you lie down on some bench or something, and row the pinch towards your chest? :tongue

Saturday

Back was, as before, lovely this morning (at least compared to the evenings) and so I did a little in the am and then at the end of the afternoon session.

am

Seated Press

15-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 30-kilos e/s x 4 reps, 35-kilos e/s x 0, then 1 rough rep, up to 36.25-kilos x 0, back to 35-kilos e/s x 4 x very rough singles. My right front delt has been sore and the lower back twinge hasn't helped.

DB Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos x 8 reps, 25-kilos x 7 and x 6 reps. Left hand side was well off with lower back issues.

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 30-kilos x 6 reps

Bwt on our scales 274 (so 278 on GN scales) Considering how buggered up I've been... amazing

pm

Pinch to 90-kilos??!! I'm unable to straighten up yet can pinch 90 with barely a warm up (did 70 and then 80, then 85 and then a few singles at 90). The Inch was dragged out, as was the baby Inch, and so I did a clean solid right hand pull on that.

Monday

Back still as it was (appt tomorrow).

Grippers - volume

L/H: RB240ip x 8 x 2 reps and 1 VVN rep

R/H: BBE x 9 x 1 reps

T/L/R/Thunder

45, 60 and 85-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 86.25-kilos x 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1 reps

R/H: 97.5-kilos x 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1 reps

2HP

Well off so stopped at 85-kilos. Skin still sore from Saturday and forearms had burn from previous lifts.

Wednesday

Had some manipulation yesterday and quite a bit of massage. I will need to go again (theres £30.00 I wont see again). I DO feel better today but not quite fixed.

CG Bench Press

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 62.5-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 65-kilos e/s x w x 1 reps then two missed reps. I then did 3 x 1 reps with 60-kilos e/s AFTER pulldowns

V-Bar Pulldowns (in lieu of P/overs)

60-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 2 x 6 reps

No leg work just yet

Stretching

Esp hips and hamstrings (got a major cramp in both thigh biceps when heavy benching).

Friday

Back is feeling the best it has all week so...

Weaver Stick

2.5-kilos x 3 reps @, 3.5-kilos x 3 reps @, 5-kilos x 3 x 1 reps. At this point I thought the last rep was shitty so did another more solid one for both hands.

One hand lift

Wasn't too sure about this one so took it very carefully. 45-kilos x 1 rep, 90-kilos x 1 rep, 105-kilos x 1 rep, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 180-kilos x 1 rep. 220-kilos x 1 rep r/h only. There was an set up only with the left but I could feel where I had strained myself before (not felt when lifting right handed) so left it there for the day.

2HP

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, tried 90 but not today (we're all having this problem at the mo in the whey gym - god knows why) so back to 60-kilos (82 total) and did 12 x 1 reps to shag the hands out.

Finished by stretching

Saturday

The usual longest day of the week for me made more so by the madness of having been buggered for a week with an iffy back then doing two days on the trot. 'Da boy needs his head examining' he he. Plus coaching etc meant the 1/2 burger I just had was 8 hours after me morning cereal. It did not touch the sides :D

Grippers - max

Left hand was well off on this and RT work. That will be due to yesterday even though my right hand was ok.

L/H: BBGM x all over the place (from VVNa to N) so down to 240ip x just as bad. Indeed I had struggled with a HG 300

R/H: CoC 3.5 x 1, BBSE x 6 x 1a

T/L/R/Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos x 8 reps @

L/H: 86.25-kilos x 1 rep, then a miss so (like grippers off) dropped to 85-kilos loaded x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 97.5-kilos loaded x 5 x 1 reps

CG Bench - speed

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 55-kilos e/s x 5 x 1 fast reps.

I also picked up the 110-kilo stone later and then when Loz was trying the RT did to 100-kilos loaded right handed with thumb and thumbless before upping the anti to 120-kilos and using the old handle. There was more left but it was feeding time!

The lads all absolutely caned the 400-kilo tyre. Guys that struggled with one flip 2 weeks ago were getting doubles and even triples before having another go.

From this point forward my log will have some info but no reps nor weights. 104 days to go.

Monday

Press

DB Curls

Dips

TPD

Rotator cuff work

1 minute with stick

'Planks'

3 x 30 seconds

* r/wrist ached. When Loz came in he said the same and I suspect it was from the heavy thumbless r/t work on saturday

Wednesday

Warmed up well then:

Grippers - volume

T/L/R/Thunder

On both hands the last rep was the best - rock solid

2HP

Stretching for 5 minutes (planks next time).

Friday

Back still a little sore post Osteo work but I was careful and did not aggravate it.

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 62.5-kilos e x x 6 x 1 reps (supersetted with leg press)

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps a leg then 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 500-kilos x 6 reps.

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, 18p (Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed up) plus 20-kilos x 6 reps

Planks

3 x 40-seconds

Bwt: 19st 5lbs

Sunday

My back was sore and even spasmed a little all day yesterday. I found it difficult to bend down and so on. But today... much better and so:

Light stretching and warm ups then -

Weaver Stick

One hand lift

2HP

Stretching

Lots of leg and back stretches.