Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Mob, i bought your chokers and everything ready to bring them up but just found out that some lads from Portsmouth are coming to train at the zoo this weekend so we can't make it up! It's a real shame because i was really looking forward to training with you guys. If you are going to be at the 105s british i will bring the chokers with me then.

Yeah it would of been good to met you Sam. Next time. Steve can you confirm your OK for Saturday afternoon yes/no as I need to organise stuff in the morning. Cheers mate.

You will get to train with me evtually mate! I would have liked to have trained with you this week but this is the way it goes! :( Definately one day though, hopefully sooner rather than later! I'd love the make it up before Christmas.

Edited by CoC#3

Normally all of them I just felt / noticed that they seemed v close rather than a solid close today. Dunno why.

Could be that maybe you were still not fully recovered from pinch!

Not with the new routine.

Mob, i bought your chokers and everything ready to bring them up but just found out that some lads from Portsmouth are coming to train at the zoo this weekend so we can't make it up! It's a real shame because i was really looking forward to training with you guys. If you are going to be at the 105s british i will bring the chokers with me then.

Ok.

Geo yes still come.

Real strong 2HP and RT bro.

How high were those partial deads man, 9 plates is insane. :rock

Not far at all. The intention was to hold it for as long as possible and test the grip rather than the back etc. I do find that the more weight I use the more the bar bends and so the range of motion gets shorter. So I will stand on two 10-kilo plates (1 under each foot) when at 5 plates a side plus and sometime will use a platform we have which is 3 inches high. With the bar bending the plates or platform put me in the range of between a 2-4 inch movement - all I need. I am sure I could do 6-7 plates a side from just above mid thigh if need be. I also use quite a wide grip as I found, back when I first did it, that I was locking my hands against my thighs which as you'll guess does nowt for testing the grip. That way is very similar to the hip and thigh lift. The wider grip also helps keep a decent range in and also helps lessen the bar bend.

Friday

felt iffy and back is off in spite (and I mean in SPITE) of the osteo work I had Tuesday - how annoying is that. It felt better before I had the tune up - grrr

R/Thunder

strong today

B/H: 45-kilos x 12 reps

L/H: 61.25-kilos x 12 reps

R/H: 76.25-kilos x 12 reps

Seated Press

17.5-kilos x 8 reps, 26.25-kilos x 8 reps, x 7 reps

Cable curls

3/4 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 6.25-kilos x 8 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 31.25-kilos 8 reps

Tricep Pressdown

stack (105) x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 15-kilos x 8 reps, plus 20-kilos x 7 reps

Geo came and we played about with some grippers - nowt serious and then did some light pinching (he just missed 85-kilos). He also had a go on the 110 and then 140-kilo stone (it took two gos to go up - see pic below) and then a quick spin on the Conans Wheel.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4562/ge...ilostonear6.jpg

Edited by mobsterone

Nice job G, on that stone!!

Cheers Dutch! Yeah it was a lot of fun! Really enjoyed trying my hand at the strongman stuff. Pinching was fun too. Mobster had me doing as a finisher to pinch - a pinchathon! reps reps and more reps! :rock

Sunday

and some of us are just back from their morning workout ya lazy bums ha ha

Grippers x strength

usual warm ups then

L/H: to CoC 3 negs 6 x 1

R/H: to CoC 4 negs 6 x 1

Tuesday

Arrived late due to business commitments and got cracking - seemed to help.

2HP @ 70mm

equ (43.6) x 6 reps, plus 20-kilo (63.6) x 6 reps, plus 12.5-kilos (76.10) x 20 reps (mostly 3 reps at a pop with one quick go of 4 which took me to 19 - basically it felt so light singles would have been way too easy).

R/Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos x 12 reps each

L/H: 62.5-kilos x 12 reps - n/s and easy

R/H: 77.5-kilos x 12 reps - needed to reset hands a few times but otherwise easy. NB: weights is plate weight only and doesn't include equipment.

BWT: 19st 4lbs

Nice workout and good numbers on the rolling thunder. I ahve been enjoying higher rep rolling thunder recently aswell.

It's a nice change of pace and hopefully, if all goes according to plan, will show some real big new year numbers.

Thursday

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps per leg (all sets thereafter are two-legged), 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 470-kilos x 8 reps

Pullover

10p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 11.25-kilos x 8 reps

C G Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 56.25-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 reps

W/Roller

A/C/W: 40-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 101.25-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (only first controlled back down)

C/W: couldn't do any - hands were fried.

Bwt: 19st 4.5-5lbs (scale fluctuated between two figures)

The long slow planned progression should have me at 600-kilos for 8 on the l/p (previous PB was 560 x 7 on a different style but still incline leg press) , a single with 180-kilos on the bench (my previous PB was 162.5 but I stopped short of pushing it) and I've used the pullover with 20-kilos added.

On the first two sets of leg press I go as far to the bottom as my legs and back allow but control the 'drop' and return. On the last heavy, heavy set I go to the point where my calf and thigh are at 90-degrees from each other - a few inches deeper than this but no hands on my knees:

http://www.wheyconsortium.co.uk/data/Rogues/9.jpg

Is that picture you, Steve? I think not just because of all the plates.

But anyways, do you use anything wrapped around your knees? Just wondering.

It's not me - it's 90-kilo bodybuilder Paul George. I'm taller and weigh 122.5-kilos at the mo. Wraps - on the last set only.

Saturday

V-bar

B/H: 60-kilos x 1 rep, 75-kilos x 1 rep, 90-kilos x 1 rep, 105-kilos x 1 rep, 120-kilos x 12 x 1 reps. All good and using 15-kilo plates I was pulling the weight up to my knees with only 2 lowish.

2HP @ 70mm

equ (43.6) x 6 reps, 63.6-kilos x 6 reps, 77.5-kilos x 20 x 1 reps (inc 2 x 2 and 1 x 3 just before last single)

1 H/D/L

done between reps on the 2HP and just to test what I can do

B/H: 60-kilos x 1 rep, 80-kilos x 1 rep and 100-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: stopped at 100-kilos R/H: 120-kilos x 1 done.

Bwt: 19st 4.5lbs (dead on)

Saturday

V-bar

B/H: 60-kilos x 1 rep, 75-kilos x 1 rep, 90-kilos x 1 rep, 105-kilos x 1 rep, 120-kilos x 12 x 1 reps. All good and using 15-kilo plates I was pulling the weight up to my knees with only 2 lowish.

2HP @ 70mm

equ (43.6) x 6 reps, 63.6-kilos x 6 reps, 77.5-kilos x 20 x 1 reps (inc 2 x 2 and 1 x 3 just before last single)

1 H/D/L

done between reps on the 2HP and just to test what I can do

B/H: 60-kilos x 1 rep, 80-kilos x 1 rep and 100-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: stopped at 100-kilos R/H: 120-kilos x 1 done.

Bwt: 19st 4.5lbs (dead on)

nice one hand deadlifts!