Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

First time since May so not bad at all - esp as I was doing them during pinch work. My hands are now fried mind :(

Monday

A little tired due to very early start etc etc yesterday and I wasn't even lifting (or helping out - which was nice).

Grippers - volume

left middle finger first knuckle feels bruised so hands took time to warm up. I may need to do some work with BOTH an HG300 and then RB240ip (which I wanted to start with but it was a little too much).

L/H: HG300 x 17 x 1 reps

R/H: BBE x 17 x 1 (all good this time) reps

T/T/W/C

took some setting up. I used the blue rack, a bench, 4 plates and a slight incline to get it just so.

60-kilos (inc O/bar) x 5 x 1 reps, 70-kilos x 5 x 1 reps, 75-kilos x 5 x 1 reps, 77.5-kilos x 5 x 1 reps, 80-kilos x 5 x 1 reps, 82.5-kilos x 5 x 1 reps (just)

It got easier as I went along.

Just downloaded some vewry simple software which enables me to countdown the days to my next compeition:

157 days and counting...

Wednesday

*Not much energy today and the press, as per when ''off'', was ALL hard work. This pissed me off no end.

R/Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos x 12 reps

L/H: 62.5-kilos x 12 reps

R/H: 77.5-kilos x 12 reps

Seated Press

15-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos e/s x 8 reps, x 6 reps, x 1 rep*

Cable Curls

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 7.5-kilos x 6 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 31.25-kilos x 8 reps

Tricep Pressdown

stack (105lbs) x 8 reps, plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 7 reps, stack x 8 reps

One of our old (meaning previous rather than old old) regulars is back in training and wants to compete in the grip comp come May. I have been putting him through it as well. Tonight he did RT work, Pinch and W/roller.

Friday

Thank flabbergastenpoopy it's the end of the week. This session was a struggle all the way through every bloody rep of the 2HP. Compared to previous sessions when I felt like I could cane the reps out but held back each one was touch. But it was head down and crack on.

**I've also just noticed I did completely the wrong workout - argghhhh!!! And the wrong weight... d'uh!

2HP @70mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 20-kilos x 3 reps, 79.85-kilos x 20 x 1 reps (**see above)

One hand deadlift (thumb over)

B/H: 60-kilos x 1 rep, 80-kilos x 1 rep, 100-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 110-kilos x 3 reps

R/H: 122.5-kilos x 3 reps

TTWC in rack

60-kilos x 5 x 1 reps, 75-kilos x 5 x 1 reps, 82.5-kilos x 5 x 1 reps, 85-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

you seem to know everything about everything to do with grip mobster, so i thought id just ask you if ya dont mind answering..

ive got a standard loading pin (2 feet long) that i think i can use for v-bar, i had a bash with it earlier on - im wondering if the proper v-bar differs any? does it have knurling? whats the length / thickness? an in a comp, what are the rules for the lift? does it have to be fully deadlifted or is it to a certain height?

thanks for any response

I'll look it up later but in the mean time and until I get a proper pin I use a power rack pin. I did have one made but everytime I went over 300 I broke it :cool

Copied from the www.irongripgb.com website - here are the rules:

# The weight will be positioned between the lifter’s feet.

# The lifter will grasp the bar near the top so that no part of the bar touches the lifter’s wrist or forearm. No hook grip is allowed. The distance from the top should approximate 5cm from the top of the hand- no more.

# The lifter will raise the bar until it is a minimum of 5 centimetres off the ground. The lifting hand must not touch the legs or body.

# The lifting hand must remain in contact with the bar until the apparatus is returned to the floor

Sunday

V-Bar

60-kilos x 1 rep, 75-kilos x rep, 90-kilos x 105-kilos, 105-kilos x 1 rep, 125-kilos x 12 x 1 rep

Grippers - Strength

usual w/up and then

L/H: 240ip x 3 x 1 (first two just off a close) then BBGM x 3 x 1 negs

R/H: BBSE x 3 x 1 (all v close and last two with stablizing assist) then CoC4 x 3 x 1 negs

Bwt 19st 4.5lbs

Those are some great pics man! Really nice!

Cheers guys. Duncan took them - gonzo style. I've said it before but B&W works for lifting pics every time.

Works nice as a wallpaper!

btw, is it cold in your gym?Beanies and big jackets?