Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Last session for four days (next workout is Thursday am) and I was dragging on waking - still early though - I seem to be able to get up no probs if I have a target for the day but will drag my arse around slowly on easy days. But by the time of leaving the house I pratically ran to the gym. I knew it was the last chance to kick some ass!

Saturday

Seated Press (first as planned)

15-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 6 reps, x 4 reps

R/Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos x 12 reps

L/H: 66.25-kilos x 12 reps

R/H: 81.25-kilos x 12 reps

Cable Curls- Nytram machine

10p x 8 reps, stack (15p) x 8 reps, stack plus 7.5-kilos x 8 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 32.5-kilos x 6 reps

Tricep Pressdown (as above machine)

Stack (15p) x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 30-kilos x 6 reps

Bwt: 19st 4.5lbs / 270.5 lbs / 122.69 kilos

A day, or should that be a night, early.

Back to grinding out the reps while the rest of the world eats more pudding - lazy slags ;)

Wednesday

V-Bar

B/H: 60-kilos and 75-kilos x 3 reps, 90 and 105-kilos x 1 rep @, 130-kilos x 12 x 1 reps

Gripper x max strength

usual warmups then

L/H: RB 240ip x 3 x 1 no probs. Followed by BBGM x 3 x 1 negs and 1 x Duncs CoC 3 x 1 (I tried mine but too damn hard) neg

R/H: BBSE (first one was a solid close and the second might have touched) x 3 x 1 followed by CoC 4 x 3 x 1 negs and then 5 x 1 (easy but 20mm set) with Duncs CoC 3 (brought less than a month ago).

Great gripper strength Mob! And good job on the vbar too. I know that's not near your max. What are your best lifts on the LGC Replica, left and right handed?

I think it's 135 or thereabouts left handed and 162.9-kilos right handed (at the Champion of Champion event).

Friday

R/Thunder (poxed sequence so did warm up first)

B/H: 45-kilos x 12 reps @

Two hand Pinch @ 70mm

43.6-kilos x 6 reps, 63.6-kilos x 3 reps, 83.5-kilos (1.25-kilos too much) x 9 x 1, 0 x 1, dropped to correct weight of 82.35-kilos x 3 x 1, 0, 0, 0 x 1 reps. Will do correct weight again next session

R/Thunder

L/H: 67.5-kilos x 12 reps

R/H: 82.5-kilos x 12 reps

One hand lift

B/H: 100-kilos x 1 rep, 150-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 180-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 200-kilos x 2 x 1 and 3 n/s reps (too easy so upped weight) to 215-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

Sunday

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 485-kilos x 8 reps

Pullover

10p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 13.75-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 57.5-kilos a side x 3 x 1 reps

W/Roller

A/C/W: 40-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 101.25-kilos x 1 rep

C/W: 65-kilos x 1 rep

Tuesday

Crap pinch session - pissed me off no end. Apart from a slightly iffy gut I have no idea why. Especially as the lift that followed felt ok.

2HP @ 70mm

43.6-kilos x 6 reps, 63.6-kilos x 3 reps, then shit.

One hand deadlift (thumb over)

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 3 reps

L/H: 112.5-kilos x 5 reps, x 1 rep

R/H: 125-kilos x 6 reps, x 2 reps, x 1 rep

Pinch special

30-35-kilos only

Edited by mobsterone

Tuesday

Crap pinch session - pissed me off no end. Apart from a slightly iffy gut I have no idea why. Especially as the lift that followed felt ok.

2HP @ 70mm

43.6-kilos x 6 reps, 63.6-kilos x 3 reps, then shit.

One hand deadlift (thumb over)

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 3 reps

L/H: 112.5-kilos x 5 reps, x 1 rep

R/H: 125-kilos x 6 reps, x 2 reps, x 1 rep

Pinch special

30-35-kilos only

I've just been looking back through my log and saw that the last time I struggled so badly with the 2HP was November shortly after doing my all-time PB. Interesting. I'll give my old system a go for a few weeks (poss until Feb 24th). I may also use the 54mm Euro set for the same time scale.

Tuesday pm

I was still pissed from this mornings workout and piss poor performance on the 2HP and so as soon as I had labelled and packed the last order for Mike to collect at 5pm today I started warming up using the Euro set. Topping out at 95-kilos meant an ok workout but given that I should have been a little higher with the volume means I should, I think, return to the alternating workouts that stood me so well before.

My back, as has been the case the last few days, was a little twingey but that's par for the course.

2HP @ 54mm

25-kilos x 6 easy reps, 55-kilos x 3 reps, 60, 70, 75, 80, 85, 87.5, 90, 92.5, 95-kilos x 1 rep (no sweat) which weighed at 206lbs approx on electronic scales sitting on rubber mat. I also attempted 97-kilos which came off the floor but only a few inches.

THIS, will get interesting! I got 95kg also! Man, if only i could have canceled out on the RT!! I think (and i am not trying to suggest an event change here!) (or am i?) that if the RT was taken out of the equation we would have a very exciting and close comp!

Isn't there sth that fits us both very well? to even the odds a bit more? (not suggesting anything lol)

Tuesday pm

I was still pissed from this mornings workout and piss poor performance on the 2HP and so as soon as I had labelled and packed the last order for Mike to collect at 5pm today I started warming up using the Euro set. Topping out at 95-kilos meant an ok workout but given that I should have been a little higher with the volume means I should, I think, return to the alternating workouts that stood me so well before.

My back, as has been the case the last few days, was a little twingey but that's par for the course.

2HP @ 54mm

25-kilos x 6 easy reps, 55-kilos x 3 reps, 60, 70, 75, 80, 85, 87.5, 90, 92.5, 95-kilos x 1 rep (no sweat) which weighed at 206lbs approx on electronic scales sitting on rubber mat. I also attempted 97-kilos which came off the floor but only a few inches.

cool numbers mob!

THIS, will get interesting! I got 95kg also! Man, if only i could have canceled out on the RT!! I think (and i am not trying to suggest an event change here!) (or am i?) that if the RT was taken out of the equation we would have a very exciting and close comp!

Isn't there sth that fits us both very well? to even the odds a bit more? (not suggesting anything lol)

You chose them - you suffer ha ha. :kiss I only picked what I have been training on for months and not even my best lifts (weaver stick and so on). Besides it's been announced.

As for the 95, as I said I'm a little disappointed. Given that I started out so badly today and my iffy back an all was playing up 95-kilos was ok. But the other side of the equasion is that I have been working hard on the volume side of things and show little progress for it. So back to the old system and here's hoping we both move closer to the top of the two hand pinch lists. :mosher

Hey Dutch, I see no mention of 95-kilos in your log. 85 - yes, 95 - no. Is it gonna be a whitewash... :whistel

Thursday

My brain must be getting old - some right balls ups the last couple of weeks. Hopefully that's the last of them :(

Grippers - volume

usual warm ups

TTWC

Bwt 19st 6lbs

No weights or reps recorded until after competitions are done. Don't wanna help them too much... :whistel

Hey Dutch, I see no mention of 95-kilos in your log. 85 - yes, 95 - no. Is it gonna be a whitewash... :whistel

well??

sent pm.

Saturday

My press is nuts. Grr >:(

Seated Press

15-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 30-kilos e/s x 5 reps, 35-kilos e/s x 0 reps

R/Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos x 12 reps

L/H: ?? x 12 reps

R/H: ?? x 12 reps

Cable Curls

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 8.75-kilos x 6 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 32.5-kilos x 7 reps (just)

Pressdown

stack x 8 reps, plus 31.25-kilos x 6 + 1 rep

Machine Press

tri set with 1/2 stack x 2 sets (8 reps on back handle, 8 reps, middle and 8 reps front). The weight feels light but by god the delts are burning

????????

Haha! 57.38 :kiss

I meant it as a code... (the real number lifted is hidden in there Cluedo!) ;)

If you look at all the best people I have competed against over the years barely one keeps a training log (Martin and Theo not included). It's not as though there would be some great secret revealed or even that we would benefit by copying what they do - if but a little. So until I compete (Feb 24th and May 19th) I will not show the sets, reps or weight.

Monday

$$$

V-bar

B/H: 60, 75, 90 and 105-kilos all 2 x 1 reps then NN x MM x XX reps

Grippers

usual warm ups then

L/H: RB **** x 4 x 1 reps, &&&& x 4 x 1 negs

R/H: **** x shit x 6 x 1 reps

Edited by mobsterone

Wednesday

Bit of a balls up but got sorted in the end. Also decided to two stage my workout so arrived early at Gymnation for part one and then made my way at about 11pm to the unit gym for stage two.

Stage 1

R/Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos x 12 reps @

L/H:

R/H:

One hand lift (thought I was doing one hand deadlifts so didn't bring the handle at all)

B/H: 100-kilos x 1 rep, 150-kilos x 1 rep

L/H:

R/H:

Stage 2

2HP using Euro set at: