Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Tuesday pm

V-Bar

Took camera with me for an unofficial attempt at v-bar TOTAL WR. This is the left hand and right hand combined. Took a bunch of clips ending with a good height right handed lift and a touch and go - didn't feel high enough to me - left handed attempt (of which I needed two goes to get).

I checked the videos by watching playback on camera and am uploading to my pc now having just this minute got back. I also took each plate and the bar and weighed them on our better set of scales. On the bar you will see six 20-kilo discs (120-kilos approx), two 15-kilo discs (for 150-kilo) plus a 7.5-kilo disc and the bar. Four of the 20's came in at 45.6lbs, one at 44.2, one together with the bar at 51.8lbs, the two 15's were 32.4lbs and finally the 7.5-kilo disc on top was 16lbs I used standard 1" hole plates as they are easier to stand astride than the Olympic plates you see laying around. When I use the other gym they have a load of 15-kilo discs which are easier to stand over for the same reason.

I then did 5 singles with each hand using 145-kilos plus the bar as per my training schedule.

But a big, big problem. Having thought I uploaded the 6-7 small videos I can only find the left handed 162.75-kilo attempt. The right handed attempt was a solid 6 or more inches from the floor. Alf and Phil from Gymnation came over to buy a tub of L-Glutamine and I was so pissed I had another go 40-mins after finishing the first one but the right hand was too f**ked so I may have an attempt Thursday just to get it done. :(

Well done mate! :rock

On the other hand, too bad mate! boohoo! :cry

I think it cleared, but the angle makes it too hard too tell.

This will be hard to beat i might add :yikes

Wich bar are we using? Is it the newer one Arne will send or this one or david's?

Edited by DuTCH

Cheers guys. I was a little annoyed that I didn't get the same height with this attempt as I did with my right. On the higher res version it is clear and using windows movie maker I can look frame by frame and see that I just get the right height.

Arne's bar hasn't arrived yet - soon I hope and I am hoping David will bring his also so we will have two to work with if need be. The bar here is my old power rack pin. On one of the lost clips I zoom in nice and close on the bar and weights.

Still shots taken from video clips in movie maker using paint shop pro. I have clicked frame by frame to show highest point of the lifts. The right hand effort was taken 40-minutes later than the left hand as I lost the much better clip I had taken as per my log.

Image 2

Left hand

Image 1

Right hand

Thursday pm

went back for another go at the 2HP

2HP@ 49mm

Later: back spasming a little so one could say I pushed myself. Will book in for osteo massage soon.

Saturday

Good session - although bench form on heavy set could have been better. Up early, prepared well so did ok.

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps a leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 500-kilos x 8 reps

Pullover

10p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 15-kilos x 8 reps (touch and go)

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 reps

Argos catalogs - 1600 pages

x 2 - break back and tear in half

first (older copy) easy second one using a stricter style a little harder. I am practising for show on 28th Feb (paid for and so come to papa).

Bwt 19st 5lbs 8oz

Monday pt 2

I got distracted (trying to crack a big deal etc) so did the second half of todays scheduled work after labelling the orders)

2HP @ 49mm

Friday

If my head was bolted on I'd be a genius. But it isn't so ha ha. Hence my getting pissed off with myself for not repping out on the RT work when the book said 'singles!!'. D'uh.

Seated Press (mch)

10p x 8/8/8 reps (back, middle and front handles), 13p x 8/8/5 + 2 r/p reps (ditto)

R/Thunder

B/H: 45-kilos x 6 reps

L/H: 86.25-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (super setted with r/h)

R/H: 97.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps

I'd do a rep and load / unload for other hand, do a rep and switch back.

Cable machine curls

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 10-kilos x 7 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 5 reps (tough)

Tricep Pressdown

stack (105lbs) x 8 reps, plus 15-kilos x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 6 reps

Steve, why don't You write down more precise what You've done? Just curious.

Since the title was your wrist roller and I know you've stopped what is a decent starting out Wrist roller?

Also good luck in the comp

Cheers. As for the question - whatever is tough for you. That might easily be 50lbs up. Most of the lads at the other gym I use can handle 40-kilos or more. A few struggle with 35 and no one uses less.

Thursday

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps a leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 510-kilos x 8 reps :D

Pullover

10p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 16.25-kilos x 8 reps :D

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 1 rep (had it in mind to see where I could go as a 1RM), 50-kilos a side x 1 rep, 55-kilos a side x 1 rep, 60-kilos a side x 2 x 1 rep - so shit I stopped

Book

1600 page argos torn

Thursday

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps a leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 510-kilos x 8 reps :D

Loading the leg press sounds like a workout in itself.