Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

The only time it bothers me is when I'm not active enough. Getting the sack from my old job and being able to manage without the wage meant I could train etc when I liked. On my less than busy days I would lay around watching TV. Bad idea. The mad heavy training is ok but following it with inactivity was not good.

Just walking into town is enough hip action to keep my back from locking up and I take special care when warming up. I may treat myself to some manipulation close to the competition but was getting treatment every 6 weeks before.

Saturday

in leiu of Sunday / Monday (I's crazy ha ha)

V Bar

E/H: 60, 75, 90, 105, 120, 135-kilos x 1 rep. Tried 157.5-kilos but skin felt like it was gonna go even with tape on hands so: 150, 151.25, 152.5 x 1 e/h and then missed with 153.75-kilos e/h.

Grippers

L/H: to 240ip x 6 x 1 reps

R/H: BBE x 8 x 1 reps

2HP

Worked to 91.5-kilos x 13 x 1 plus 1 missed attempt (at rep 6)

R/Thunder

L/H: to 85-kilos x 1 rep

R/H: to 95-kilos x 2 x 1 rep

By the end I was running on air as any energy I had was gone.

Monday

Back real stiff again today so very careful feeling my way and warming up.

Leg Press

0-kilos a leg x 12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, then on go the straps and 525-kilos x 6 reps

Pullover machine

10p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, then stack plus 25-kilos x 8 reps. Phillis says 'you ain't normal' and I reply 'who wants to be normal - I wanna be a damn freak!!'.

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s (60) x 8 reps, 45-kilos e/s (110) x 4 x 4 reps

Bwt 19st 10lbs / 276lbs - another weekend eating shit, beer and icecream and kapow!

Wednesday

Did the show at the drug intervention unit today (for which I am being paid - nice). I was pulling my hair out when Alf arrived late. Grr. I had called them up and they sent a bloke over and both arrived at the same time. However, it's a 10 minute drive and I arrived a little edgy - which helps - and cracked on. They turned into a very good crowd clapping me from the off and it was about 50-50 women and men. I did the book tear (1100 pages), a nail bend, a frying pan roll etc etc. Once warmed up and working the crowd (ie: the supportive nature of this group) I decided to pick one exercise - the Rolling Thunder and had them have a go. One bloke just about got the 80-kilos I brought with me up. I says I will do, having counted them all, 2 reps with the same weight for everyone there. With them counting out the reps and me huffing and puffing I did all 22 reps (for the 11). I did a little more talking, which allows me a rest, and chatted with them about stuff I've done. I also had people coming up and having a go at events, including the girls and mentioned how they can do more than guys say they can (Liz Horne was mentioned). The same guy that got daylight under the 80+ kilos RT also did a nail with me showing him how (part of my cunning plan ;) ).

I did a lightish v-bar with one bloke and then worked the crowd towards the finale. One after another I did a nail, an 1100 page book again, a smaller pan and then got 290lbs Alf to stand on the 20-kilo plate I used and pulled him on the V-bar. They seemed to like it :D One of the helpers then did 20 pressups on his thumbs - wow.

Training later

Grippers

usual warm ups then

L/H: 240ip x 5 x 1 reps, then BBGM x 5 x 1 reps - good workout

R/H: BBE x 5 x 1 reps, then BBSE x 5 x 1 reps - even better :D

dumbbell w/curl

30-kilos and 35-kilos x 6 reps e/h

L/H: 41-kilos plus handle x 6 reps. Tried a second set but nowt left.

R/H: 42.5-kilos plus handle x 6 reps and then 4 reps - sweet :D

Nice gripper workout !! FIVE BBSE closes? That's just cool. Do you only train singles? Is there a chance of getting a second rep on that BBE??

Dunno and I'm not sure it would help me get where I wanna go so I'm not bothered. Also I had a better session two weeks ago where I think I got 7 or so.

Edited by mobsterone

Friday

First half at GN and second at the unit (last session at GN on one hand lift)

One hand lift (using loading pin)

B/H: 100, 125, 145, 165 and 185-kilos x 1 rep.

L/H: 220-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 250-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

NB: stood on plates to increase distance of pull and nigh on strained my groin when I was just about to pull 250+ right handed and the discs slipped over each other. Switched to rubber plates so as to have them non-slip.

2HP (Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed up numbers but will still go to next increment at the next session regardless)

equ x 6 reps, 54-kilos x 3 reps, 74, 84 and 89-kilos x 1 (after double load flabbergastenpoopy up). Still cocked it up and was doing 91.5-kilos x 8 x 1 before penny dropped and so added another 1.25-kilo disc for 92.75-kilos x 1 rep. Next time is gonna be 92.5 to 93-kilos x 6 x 1 anyway no matter what.

Next time is gonna be 92.5 to 93-kilos x 6 x 1 anyway no matter what.

That's the spirit! :mosher

Cheers - there is a way to go just yet. I'm swapping over to using the equipment exclusively now and the pinch... I think 100-kilos is in sight.

Sunday

Seated Press machine

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 6 reps (slight click in neck on 20-kilos+ set)

Cable machine curls

10p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 12.5-kilos x 6 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps (tough), plus 35-kilos x 7 reps (easier - strange??)

Tricep pressdown

stack x 8 reps, plus 15-kilos x 8 reps, plus 50-kilos x 6 reps, x 6 reps plus 3-4 reps pushdown style.

Bwt 19st 10.5lbs / 276.5lbs

I wish - last week was just pure out and out hard work yet the same sets, reps etc.

Tuesday

V-bar

usual warm ups etc. Was 'in the zone' and ended up doing 4 singles with my target weight of 153.75-kilos with both hands and although they got sore there was no tears, blood etc - nice.

Grippers

the edge having been taken off I did 'ok'.

L/H: 240ip x 6 x 1 easy and BBGM x 6 x VN

R/H: BBE x 6 x 1 ok and BBSE x 6 x VN

Yellow pages

The gym had saved me some thin books (500 or so pages) which are a warm up and so I did this before training. Later on I came back and checked out the 1800 page local Gloucestershire version - no way. So I took out 700 pages and popped the remaining 1100 easily. One book left and so upping the ante I took out 600 pages and popped 1200 reasonably well. I will try, over time, to work to the 1800 total.

Today, after a little around the houses trek, we went with some Gymnation and some Whey Consortium lads to Kemble airport to give the plane we wanna pull the once over. Here it is - all 24 - 35 tonnes of it (9 tonnes is fuel):

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/4518/bigassplanejn1.jpg

L-R is Neville (GN), Imran (GN), H (WC), TT (WC) and Alf (GN

Front is Tony 'Scooter' Smith.

Plan is either one man at a time or a team of them (airport staff - 8 man) versus a team of us (4 man) at the beginning of June for Childline with 25000 watching... me bottle has gone ha ha

Nice initiative, good luck!

Wednesday

I will work tomorrow on whey biznez and then prep for the Saturday event. So I trained this evening so as to have enough pinch rest.

2HP @ 49mm

equ x 6 reps, 54-kilos x 3 reps, 74, 84 and 89-kilos x 1 rep. 92.75-kilos (see previous pinch session comment re weight) x 2 x 1, 1 missed rep and then 4 x 1 (6 total singles).

R/T

Not 'on' but never-the-less BH to 75-kilos then 1 x 90 plus pin RH.

Good lad, ya got the 6!

Seems to work ;)

Sunday

Compete one day and train the next day... he he

Leg Press

0 kilos @ x 12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps and 530-kilos x 8 reps: http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6254/md...lolegprefv9.jpg

Pull over machine

10p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 26.25-kilos x 6 reps

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2046/dscf0674vw5.jpg

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 47.5-kilos a side x 4 x 4 reps - easy

19st 10lbs

Edited by mobsterone

Own up Steve - we all know that you were merely posing with that Leg Press whilst it was the girl behind you in the pic who was using that weight for her working sets.... :tongue

Your Close Grip Bench is climbing nicely.