Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Of course.

Thanks mate. Still not sure if we are coming up or not, one of us should let you know by thursday night/friday morning!

Thursday

Changed plan slightly so I could work out at Gymnation (swapped 54mm for 70mm on 2HP). The guys etc were talking way too much and I had it in my head to train my hardest for next years competition. Note to self: remeber to take 1 x 80% WPC and 1 x CEE to gym for one of the lads

R/Thunder (n/h only)

B/H: 45-kilos x 6 reps

L/H: 61.25-kilos x 12 reps (a little chalk)

R/H: 76.25-kilos x 12 reps (a little chalk)

2HP

43.6-kilos x 6 n/s reps, 73.6-kilos x 20 x 1 reps (the last 10+ were focused due to needing to faze out usual BS going on - as fun as it is it can be distracting)

1HP Negs

B/H: 30-kilos plus 2.5kg (ish) solid 8-10" bar

L/H: 31.25-kilos x 3

R/H: was feeling my way to correct working poundage so...

32.5, 33.75, 35, 36.25 and finally 37.5 (plus bar etc etc) all x 3 x 1 reps

BWT 19st 3.5lbs (post workout pre drink)

The guys will be at our unit Saturday from 2pm o/wards doing strongman event work but I have a morning session at Gymnation planned which your welcome to join - I'll be using the RT as part of the workout. 930 sharp mind... I'll show my face in the afternoon but wont be working out.

Cant make Saturday mate Im working :(

Ok. Can you bring 2 choker collars or hose clamps? I'll pay ya

Edited by mobsterone

Ok. Can you bring 2 choker collars or hose clamps? I'll pay ya

Sure, mate. I will bring you one hose clamp and one exhaust clamp. The hose clamp seems to hold ok on an elite but for my #4 i need the exhaust clamp.

Cheers

Saturday

Back was stiff (probably from Thursdays work) so I took extra care to stretch and warm up.

Leg Press

0 x 12 reps one leg at a time, 120-kilos x 8 deep reps, 240-kilos x 8 deep reps, 460-kilos x 8 good but not deep reps

Pullover

10p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack + 10-kilos x 8 reps

C G Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 55-kilos a side x 5 x 1 reps (only last one iffy)

W/Roller

A/C/W: 40-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 101.25-kilos x 2 x 1 (controlled both ways on second rep only)

C/W: 62.5-kilos x 2 x 1 reps.

Cheers

Saturday

Back was stiff (probably from Thursdays work) so I took extra care to stretch and warm up.

Leg Press

0 x 12 reps one leg at a time, 120-kilos x 8 deep reps, 240-kilos x 8 deep reps, 460-kilos x 8 good but not deep reps

Pullover

10p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack + 10-kilos x 8 reps

C G Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 55-kilos a side x 5 x 1 reps (only last one iffy)

W/Roller

A/C/W: 40-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 101.25-kilos x 2 x 1 (controlled both ways on second rep only)

C/W: 62.5-kilos x 2 x 1 reps.

Very nice mate! Massive wrist rolling effort. I have to get practicing this.

Nice work mobster!

I got my Wrist Roller from FBBC, just need to figure out where to place the darn thing, as I don't have a rack or anything at home. I'll figure something out, might need to drill a few holes on the backyard wall, but I wanna see how I do! :)

Monday

2HP @ 70mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 20-kilos (63.6-kilos) x 3 reps, then (as per plan) added 1.25-kilos to the last weight so did 74.85-kilos x 20 x 1 reps

Partial deadlifts

3p a side x 3 reps, 5p a side x 3 reps, 7p a side x 1 rep and then 9p a side x 2 x 1. It was meant to be for time but my hands were fried. I managed 5 seconds on the first one and just a pick up and down on the second.

Monday

2HP @ 70mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 20-kilos (63.6-kilos) x 3 reps, then (as per plan) added 1.25-kilos to the last weight so did 74.85-kilos x 20 x 1 reps

Partial deadlifts

3p a side x 3 reps, 5p a side x 3 reps, 7p a side x 1 rep and then 9p a side x 2 x 1. It was meant to be for time but my hands were fried. I managed 5 seconds on the first one and just a pick up and down on the second.

Impressive. 380kg on partials is a very nice amount of weight. It looks like i will be coming up this weekend with TAT. He needs conans practice :) I am just going to do grip.

As I am doing the every other day routine at the mo I'm down for Monday, Wed, Fri and Sunday this week. But I amy show my face :cool

As I am doing the every other day routine at the mo I'm down for Monday, Wed, Fri and Sunday this week. But I amy show my face :cool

I intend to have a go at the millenium. I'd love you to come and watch, mate!

I'll see what I am due to do Friday and if it's grip I'll have a go Saturday. Regardless Geo come anyway and Sam I'll have my camera handy always :D

Wednesday

Grippers - volume work

warmed up then:

L/H: HG300 x 16 x 1 reps

R/H: BBE x 16 x 1 reps (noticed I was more or less 1mm off most closes - strange)

Wrist curls

Reverse

20-kilos x 3 x 15 reps

Forward

30-kilos x 3 x 15 reps (easy)

Steve, did any of the singles on the BBE get to fully closed? Even getting it to 1mm off is extremely good, i find that last couple of mm really difficult on my elite.

Normally all of them I just felt / noticed that they seemed v close rather than a solid close today. Dunno why.

Normally all of them I just felt / noticed that they seemed v close rather than a solid close today. Dunno why.

Could be that maybe you were still not fully recovered from pinch!