Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Monday

trained with Louis

Hack squat

plate x 10 reps, plus 40-kilos x 10 reps, plus 70-kilos x 10 reps, plus 105-kilos x 10 reps

cable low row (1 arm at a time) used nytram machine

12p x 10 reps, stack plus 5-kilos x 10 reps, stack plus 25-kilos x 10 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 10 reps, 40-kilos a side x 10 reps, 63.75-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

W/Roller

ACW: 40-kilos, 60-kilos and 85-kilos all 3 x 1 reps

CW: 58.75-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

mobsterone, you wrote that ACW works flexors; and you're stronger that direction. I was surprised to notice that my wrist roller work seems stronger in the "CW" or extension direction; I think it's because the thumb pad stays predominantly in contact with the tube in that direction. Does this sound strange to you? Thanks.

Not at all. Although I use the thumb in both movements and control it down as well as up. But we have one of our 'wrist rolling crew' (4 of us train it at the same time) called Malcolm and he can do nigh on the same as the others ACW but seems better than us at my working weight CW. He also use little or no chalk.

Wednesday

It's worth mentioning that I somehow manged to wrick my neck. I literally just woke up yesterday in pain and yet, aside from a lower back twinge (from playing on the PS2 for three hours in a reclined postion and then getting up quick) there seems to be no reason for it.

Trained with Louis again. Also the HG350 arrived. It'll take some work.

2HP @ 70mm

43.6-kilos x 6 reps n/s, 53.6-kilos x 1 rep, 63.6-kilos x 1 rep, 73.6-kilos x 1 rep, 83.6-kilos x 1 rep, 87.35-kilos x 3 x 1, added a 2.5-kilo disc for 89.85-kilos x 2 x 1 rep (first was sloppy), then another 1.25-kilo disc for 91.10-kilos x 1 rep Good 2HP @ 70mm workout

Grippers (volume)

Worked up to RB240 left handed and BBE right handed. Didn't count reps or style (will do that for 2 more sessions before getting 'busy' again) but did 35-minutes in total.

HG350 closed first attempt right handed (I did three chest crushes and it squeeked a bit, put some chalk on and then did 6 or more singles. Nice.

Friday

No sign of Louis (motorcycle lesson - someone quipped that he'd have a problem holding on now ha ha)

R/Thunder

Seriously good session

N/H first

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 reps

L/H: 80-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (some back to back)

R/H: 90-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (as above)

O/H

L/H: 120-kilos x 1 rep (PB)

R/H: 135-kilos x 1 rep and then 136.25-kilos x 1 rep (both PB's) Please note I did the super duper weights after pressing as I couldn't do them before (so 2 missed attempts at 136.25-kilos should be noted)

Also 136.25-kilos plus 8 pounds for the handle and pin is 307!! I may train this lift again tomorrow and if so I'll get a photo of this weight.

Seated press

20-kilos a side (60) x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos a side (75) x 6 reps, 35-kilos a side (90) x 1 rep, 36.25-kilos a side (92.5) x 1 rep, 37.5-kilos a side (95) x 2 x 1 reps

DB Curls

12.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos @ x 8 reps

Dips

Bwt x 8 reps, plus 5-kilos x 8 reps, plus 20-kilos x 8 reps

Tricep pressdown with rope handles on Nytram machine

stack x 15 reps, plus 10-kilos x 10 reps

Edited by mobsterone

I was saying that for ages but the phrase used now is 'a handle that spins freely'. It has to be said that my old handle doesn't spin freely :cool But the 'new' one does and I'm zoned in on 220lbs soon.

Edited by mobsterone

I was the one who posted that - tell me something I don't know :blink I'm feeling good about doing both old and new handle work and hoping to meet somewhere in the middle weights wise.

Edited by mobsterone

What we do in my unit on saturdays...

Here's some photos mind. I think you'll like them.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6007/da...esses167fy6.jpg

Dale log pressing 167-kilos easily

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9861/da...kes500kgex5.jpg

Dale walking back in with 500-kilos

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/106/dal...0farmersgk5.jpg

Dale with 160-kilos per hand farmers

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1607/the170lappedpo9.jpg

The 170-kilo stone lapped (mate of Dales) just before he put it up

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1314/ta...rliftofffa8.jpg

Tat gets himself ready

Edited by mobsterone

Now and again. Not pictured (he was there but not training as he is off to Ireland to compete) is TT who is 317lbs and had had the 170-kilo stone on his shoulder. My business partner and most of the crew are 230lbs plus (only 17 years old Oscar and TT's brother H (also 17) are under 230. I think H is probably close.

All of todays photos are of guests who may start coming down once a month for a madhouse session. It's also worth mentioning that Nick McKinless trains at our place now (although he trained 'off the hook' with David Horne yesterday).

The first thing for me is that Mike, my business partner and I own / lease that unit and our business helps supprt it (tax deductable equipment for one ha ha). The second is that it is close to being a 27 year dream. Finally, as per my log (see below for example), having those nutters around, esp Nick and TT (a natural talent at grip) means I have to lift my game up 10%. Even having a solid crew over at Gymnation helps (85-kilo Scooter wrist curling 85-kilos...). It is, as the saying goes, ALL GOOD :D

Saturday

at Whey Consortium HQ

2HP @ 54mm

equ (25) x 6 reps, 65-kilos x 3 reps, 75, 80, 85-kilos all x 1 rep. Then 90-kilos x 6 x 1 reps :D

R/Thunder (n/h)

B/H: 60-kilos x 3 reps

L/H: 81.25-kilos x 3-4 (??) x 1 reps

R/H: 91.25-kilos x 3-4 (??) x 1 reps

(o/h)

L/H: 120-kilos nice

R/H: 135-kilos x 2 x 1 attempts - missed lift. Would not budge. Too big a jump. Tried to get a photo as well but you can just see me getting my hand ready.

I also lapped the 140-kilo stone 2x but was not gonna get it up.

The biggest crew we've ever had was there today and both passers-by and neighbours came to see what was happening. Dale log pressed 167-kilos, walked out (using a yoke) with 500-kilos and did 160-kilos per hand in the farmers walk

Sunday lunchtime

Grippers

Ok session with

L/H: BBGM x 5-6 x 1 assisted

R/H: BBSE x 5-6 x 1 as above

Sunday lunchtime

Grippers

Ok session with

nice gripper training dude.

Sunday lunchtime

Grippers

Ok session with

Not that good. Go back a few months and you'll see better.

nice gripper training dude.

Monday

Good lord I am shagged. The session was b-r-u-t-a-l!

Trained with Louis

Hack squat

0-kilos x 10 reps, 40-kilos x 10 reps, 80-kilos x 10 reps, 120-kilos x 10 reps

Low-row pulley (1 arm at a time)

Stack x 10 reps, plus 7.5-kilos x 10 reps, plus 27.5-kilos x 10 reps

C G Bench press

20-kilos a side (60) x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps (100), 63.75-kilos a side (147.5) x 4 x 1 hard reps

W/Roller

40-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps we then decided to 'play' 'it's a knockout' in which we would add 5-kilos at a time and then see who could stay in the longest. Louis was out at 60 never mind anything else. Neville was out at 80 or 85, Malcolm at 90 and then it was just me and Scooter. I missed my first attempt at 100-kilos, rubbed some chalk off and got 100-kilos to within 4-6-inches from the top. Scooter got that and missed, at the same place, 105 or 110-kilos (I was so Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed I don't remember).

I taped my wrist at 8.25 and my forearms, pumped, at 16.5-inches after this. Ouch!

How do you measure your forearm, with the elblow flexed or arm straight? I assume the wrist is bent at least.

There is a slight flex in the elbow and yes wrist is crooked. If I bent my arm filly it'd be nearer 19 than 16.

Wednesday

f**ked up by not bringing pin to gym for v-bar so did some v-bar with 2" pin. Also no sign of Louis (waiting 4 a plumber apparently).

2" V-bar

20, 40, 60, 80-kilos both hands x 1 rep @. Tried 100 and then 95 before settling on 85-kilos x 3 x 1 rep with each hand. Right hand still not 100% and the 2" meant no thumb over at all. Bar alone weighs 13.6-kilos and I used a proper olympic collar (2.5-kilos so 85kg = 101.1=kilos

2HP @ 70mm

equ x 6 reps, 63.6, 73.6, 83.6-kilos all x 1 reps, then 88.6 x 1, followed by attempts at 91.1 (done) and 92.35 (failed). I dropped back to 88.6-kilos and did 6 x 1 hard reps.

Tried grippers but was fried so left it an hour and did grippers after another coffee while Nick McKinless did his workout

Grippers (1245 o/w)

usual warmup then

L/H: RB 240ip x 5 x 1, VVN, 4 x 1, missed rep, VVN and 1 (15 in total)

R/H: BBE 10 x 1, VVN, 1, and 3 x VVN (as above)

Wednesday pm

wasn't gonna train but TT wanted to do some thick handled dumbbell work so we did. I think we went to 90-kilos left and missed 110-kilos right handed.

Friday

felt some stiffness and soreness in the right forearm - hardly suprising but could have done better. Both my RT and over head press were off today.

R/Thunder

N/H

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 reps @

L/H: 81.35-kilos x 4 x 1 just

R/H: 91.25-kilos x 5 x 1 just

O/H:

L/H and R/H both crap

Seated press

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 37.5-kilos e/s x 1 rep :(

DB Curls

12.5kg@ x 8 reps, 17.5kg@ x 8 reps, 30kg@ x 8 reps (left hand form off)

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 22.5-kilos x 8 reps

Tricep pressdown

105lbs stack x 20 reps