Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

You mean this log? I once read it completely!! But it would seem to me you were stronger on grippers a year ago than now!

Just so - so why ask? I was hardly gonna say I've lied all the way through am I.

Edited by mobsterone

It's ok mobster, I just wanted to see what was the gap on those "assisted" attempts, because you could be onlu getting it to parallel and then assisting, or you could be getting it to half a milimeter and then assisting it, and I was just curious which one was it!! You better be nice or I'll go make fun of your goatee in that picture of you wristrolling, like everyone else did :tongue

Just out of curiosity, how far are you on that BBSE with your RH, using a set but not assisting with your other hand on the last part of the close?

Oh and by the way, stop dreaming of beating Martin in the 2HP, that guy is the new 2HP sensation and will set new records in future years :P

What exactly do you pinch in your 2HP setup? Are those just 2 45's put together?

No the same as Martin. You'll not he's made no progress for weeks...

On the BBSE my progress and success is in the log. Read it ya lazay so and so (not only have I closed it but did so to win the British).

I haven't done as much progress as I wanted to. But I've done a couple of PR's!

I think I'll start training again today. Guess it will be a light session today.

It's ok mobster, I just wanted to see what was the gap on those "assisted" attempts, because you could be onlu getting it to parallel and then assisting, or you could be getting it to half a milimeter and then assisting it, and I was just curious which one was it!! You better be nice or I'll go make fun of your goatee in that picture of you wristrolling, like everyone else did :tongue

Oh, in which case it varies. Most times its very close (5mm or less).

Monday

Hack Squat

0-kilos x 10 reps, 40-kilos x 10 reps, 80-kilos x 10 reps, 140-kilos x 10 reps

DB Row

50-kilos x 8 reps, 55-kilos x 8 reps *, 70-kilos x 6 reps * jerking weight too much pulling on lower back - felt slight twinge (to be walked off)

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 61.25-kilos a side x 2 x 1 reps plus 1 missed so stopped as it went to shit.

W/Roller

A/C/W: 40-kilos and 60-kilos x 3 x 1 and then 92.5-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

C/W: 61.25-kilos x 3 x 1 with the last easiest of the lot (I laughed during).

NB: I did have a bottle of red kick between bench and W/Roller

If it's not in the log, and most stuff is, I ain't doing it. So nothing is the answer. I can, as I tried one go (literally one rep) 2 weeks ago, do a forward lever with my 16lb e/z curling bar. It's not the same as a weaver stick or similar so is hard to make a comparison with.

On a different topic I'm doing my old man walking impression today due to the rather stiff back. Grrr

Edited by mobsterone

It seems to be helping my pinch a hell of a lot (see below) :D But, as per a conversation with Nick etc doesn't help the grippers.

Wednesday

Lesson of the day is 'Less equals more' - from training on the V-Bar. I also did very well on the 2HP thank you very much. Not bad at all considering I woke up a few times with the back playing me up and had to roll of the sofa every time I got up yesterday and even today (during my morning pre-workout coffee I watched some tele on the new projector). But I warmed up and stretched even more than usual and once I got started I was SO in the zone it got stupid. Even Louis, once he dropped back and had at it again (as I have found works for me when needed) eventually ended up doing 5-kilos over his (admittidly with not much training) previous PB on the 2HP.

2 Hand Pinch @ 70mm

equ (43.6kg) x 6 reps n/s, 63.6-kilos x 3 reps, 73.6-kilos x 1 rep, 83.6-kilos x 1 rep, 88.6-kilos x 1 rep, 92.35-kilos / 203.5lbs x 6 x 1 reps (PB), then a single with 94.85-kilos and a missed attempt with 97.35-kilos

V-Bar

60, 80 and 100-kilos x 2 x 1 each hand.

L/H: to a missed attempt @ 150-kilos (plate weight only)

R/H: to 142.5 or 145 (not noted) - kilos (weight only as above)

Blinding session :D

Hot damn! Just checked the all time list and I'd have been between 9th and 8th with my workout weight for 6 singles!

Nice Steve!

lifesnotfair: Hmpf! I've just been taking it easy to let Steve catch up. And now is enough... :)

Hurry, hurry. Who knows what I might do Saturday... :whistel (probably stay on plan and do the secret training method...). ;)

Since I made such a piss poor effort with the grippers yesterday (I mistakenly tried the grip machine with 20, 40 and 60-kilos all for 6 reps after I hid 10 singles with my target grippers and then could do no more closes at all) I went back and trained them again tonight. I also did a bunch of stretching of my hamstrings and quite a few broomstick twists to help free up my still aching like a bitch back.

I stopped when 1) I couldn't get them closed and 2) my skin got sore (2 nights on the trot does that). Funnily enough I thought the RB 240ip gripper of Andy's was 'piss easy and I need the next one up' when I started but by the end...

Wednesday

Gripper

L/H: RB 240ip x 16 x 1 with 2 proper missed reps inc

R/H: BBE x 16 x 1 with 1 proper missed rep inc

Friday

still doing my stiff old man impression and then feeling 10x better by the end of a workout. Wrapped up proper warm due to the chill air we currently have.

R/Thunder (n/h only)

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 reps @

L/H: 82.5-kilos x 5 x 1 reps

R/H: 82.5-kilos x 5 x 1 reps

Machine press

(better for back and a change of pace - hope to be back with barbell next week)

half stack x 8 reps, 3/4 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, stack plus 5-kilos x 6 reps

D/Bell and Machine curls

12.5 and 17.5-kilos @ x 9 reps, picked up 25-kilos and new I'd cheat like a bastard so went to low pulley machine and did:

3/4 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, and then (due to a challenge with Louis) plus 30-kilos x 10 reps

Tricep pressdown (newer machine) using v-shaped bar

stack x 15 reps, plus 5-kilos x 12 reps

Bwt: 19st 4lbs

Both sessions were shit. I found the pinch very hard yesterday and can barely shut a 3 today.

Saturday

2HP @ 54mm

worked to a miserable 88.5-kilos x 8 x 1 reps, then Nick McKinless technique.

Sunday

Grippers

crap

Mobby, i am probably going to ask the obivious here but... Nick McKinless technique?? Could you elaborate?

No. It's something I'mn holding back (Martin wants to know).

That's just because you don't want to tell me!

So... I'm not interested any longer!

Jolly good :cool

Monday

Felt rough - slight sniffles and aches but workout was ok by the end.

Hack Squat

0-kilos x 10 reps, 40-kilos x 10 reps, 80-kilos x 10 reps, 150-kilos x 10 reps

Pullover machine

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 6 reps

Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 60-kilos a side x 4 x 1 reps (better)

W/roller

40-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 100-kilos x 2 x 1 reps plus 1 almost rep

Leg press

Tuesday

Grippers were nuts again. I may need to either rest or rethink my training again. I did them today hoping that it wouldn't affect the pinch - not so.

Grippers

L/H: RB260ip x 8 x 1 reps, HG300 x 7 x 1 reps, CoC 2 x 10 x 1 reps

R/H: BBE x 8 x 1 reps, CoC 3 x 7 x 1 reps, HG300 x 10 x 1 reps, BBGM x 5 x 1 reps

Wednesday

Strange, strange workout.

2-Hand Pinch @ 70mm

43.6-kilos x 6 reps, 63.6-kilos x 3 reps, 73.6, 78.6, 83.6-kilos x 1 rep each. 88.6-kilos x 1 tough rep, tried more but it wasn't happening so dropped down and tried again. Nada. As can be seen it's starting to slip back (as are grippers) and I don't like that one bit. I'm not training at all Friday (I'm in London for the day) so we'll see what an extra days rest does.

Partial deadlifts and hold

3, 5, 6, a side all x 3 x 1 reps 7 and 8 plates a side x 3 x 1 x 7 seconds.

Finally back on the leg press. Having not used it for nigh on 10 months since the 'pop' in my back injury I was neither hopeful not despondant. It was a case of 'lets see what happens'.

Leg Press

1 plate a side x 8 reps, 3 plates a side x 8 reps, 5 plates a side x 8 reps, 7 plates a side x 14 reps (it was a challenge with Rob, who I saw traini8ng with on this and I said 'I'll do two more than you and he did 12 so...), 8 plates a side x 6 reps and then finally 10 plates a side (400-kilos) x 6 reps (straps and belt on). Scooter did 10 a side x 3 so I had to beat that :)

Guess you trained at your peak for an extended period so it's only natural you need an easy cycle...? cutt down on the pinch, and grippers go up me thinks.. dontcha?