Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Can you rep that BBE? How long did you rest between reps in those 16 closes?

Also, how thick was that 90kg dumbell, 2"?

On a very good day I might do 2-3 reps with the BBE and the dumbbell was the usual 2.5-inches. I took anywhere between 25 and 40 minutes for the gripper work. I did left hand first and then immediatly the right and then rest a minute or so.

I'm new to the sport, so I hope you don't mind me bugging you so much. But something looks wrong here.

Isn't the "Inch" dumbell 2-3/8" thick, and 172 lbs?

And you are lifting, on a 2.5" handle (a bit thicker than the Inch), 27 more pounds than the Inch? I have heard that part of the Inch's hardness is that it rotates - does your thick handled dumbell rotate like that as well? Do you have a sharp knurling or something?

I know, but my question still stands.

How come you can lift more weight and on a thicker handle, than the Inch itself? I know you're not using the Inch, that's why I even asked if you're using a 2.5" handle with some knurling that prevents it from rotating or something like that. Just trying to figure out why it's easier to lift the same weight of the inch in a 2.5" fat dumbell, than lifting the Inch itself... !? :whacked

Physics. The question has been asked before and a plate loaded dumbbell made up as solidly as possible is easier, when the same weight, than a solid single peice globe dumbbell.

Nice job!

You northern monkey GANGSTER!!

Welldone mate raising that money for charity. That's awesome.

Top quality grip work lately, pinch and grippers looking very good!

Cheers guys.

I'm very happy with the pinch. Grippers are still not as good as they have been.

The money raised was very much a joint effort. My main part was in getting a borrowed harness for us to use and planning the pulls as well as getting the guys geed up and keen. I put very little of my own money in this fund (but did add to Scooters little girls pot - she is mentioned in my log).

Edited by mobsterone

Friday

R/Thunder (N/H only)

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 reps @

L/H: 81.25-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (nice n easyish)

R/H: 91.25-kilos x 6 x 1 reps (a little harder)

Seated Press

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos a side x 6 reps and then a very light but still a struggle for form (flabbergastenpoopy knows why) 4 x 1 reps (last one was best)

DB Curls

12.5-kilos @ x 9 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 9 reps, 27.5-kilos @ x 8 reps left and 9 reps right

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps (felt wierd)

Saturday

PB's flying all over the place today. I had an awesome pinch workout. Nick mentioning that he, while at David's, had pulled 103-kilos plus my high multiple singles session last week seems to have helped.

2HP @ 54mm on Euro set

equ (25-kilos) x 6 reps, 65-kilos x 3 reps, 75, 80 and 85-kilos x 1 rep, 87.5 and 88.75-kilos x 1 rep. Then 90-kilos x 1, x 1, 1, then x 2 :D and x 1 - a PB for me. But I felt like I could have done more so instead of doing more than 6 (which had been in my mind once I got started and felt good) I then did, 92.5-kilos x 1, 95-kilos x 1, 96-kilos x 1 (see picture) plus 97-kilos x 1 and 1 half-up lift. What an amazing session.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8708/96kilosetuprk4.jpg

96-kilo set up:

In the attached image I had TT (a training buddy) take a photo of the weights before they were lifted. The set up, as before, is 54mm on a long bar with two bulldog style collars made by Pullums. I used two 1-kilo discs to make it more stiff and so this, empty, weighs 25-kilos. I then add a 20-kilo, a 10-kilo and a 5-kilo disc to each side (35-kilos a side) which takes it to 95-kilos (35 + 35 + 25 = 95) and then finally a single 1-kilo disc is back loaded (added to side closest to body)

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1716/96...inchdonelu6.jpg

Up she goes:

In the next image the 1-kilo discs is obscured by my lifting it to above the regulation height and it was held for a 2 count so a good picture could be taken.

NB: no weights are calibrated. But if this was in competition it would be a top 7 lift :D

Edited by mobsterone

Cheers Martin, 4 more kilos and I am at your workout level. 6 and at Nicks.

Hrrm.... :)

Nice new pic of you in your avatar ha ha

Sunday

packed some orders (working on a Sunday ha ha) and trained:

Grippers

L/H: to BBGM x 5-6 assisted closes

R/H: to BBSE as above

Just out of curiosity, how far are you on that BBSE with your RH, using a set but not assisting with your other hand on the last part of the close?

Oh and by the way, stop dreaming of beating Martin in the 2HP, that guy is the new 2HP sensation and will set new records in future years :P

What exactly do you pinch in your 2HP setup? Are those just 2 45's put together?

Awesome work Steve! And lifesnotfair, he's using a Euro setup which is 2 metal discs with rubber spacers in between which allows you to change the width to suit the user.

Just out of curiosity, how far are you on that BBSE with your RH, using a set but not assisting with your other hand on the last part of the close?

Oh and by the way, stop dreaming of beating Martin in the 2HP, that guy is the new 2HP sensation and will set new records in future years :P

What exactly do you pinch in your 2HP setup? Are those just 2 45's put together?

No the same as Martin. You'll not he's made no progress for weeks...

On the BBSE my progress and success is in the log. Read it ya lazay so and so (not only have I closed it but did so to win the British).