Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Friday

Took some BSN 'No-explode' (a pre-workout drink) in lieu of my normal strong coffee as someone has sent me a sample. Workout was ok.

R/Thunder (n/h)

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 n/s reps

L/H: 75.5-kilos (the point 5 from two spring collars) x 6 x 1 reps (quite quickly)

R/H: 85-kilos x 5-6 x 1 reps

Seated Press

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos a side x 6 reps, 36.25-kilos a side x 3 plus 1 rep

DB Curls

12.5-kilos @ x 10 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 10 reps, 22.5-kilos @ x 10 reps, 27.5-kilos @ x 8 reps

Dips

Bwt x 8 reps, plus 5-kilos x 8 reps, plus 15-kilos x 8 reps

Rope handle Tricep Pressdown

105lbs stack plus 10-kilos x 15 and x 13 reps

Edited by mobsterone

Sunday

Shite session. All I can think of is the handful of beers and junk food I have on Saturday night does me no favours at all Sunday morning. I really struggled through this session today.

THP

re set equipment with two small 1-kilo discs inside the collars to stop the looseness of the set up occuring. Dunno if this affected my lifting.

25-kilos x 6 n/s reps, 65-kilos x 1 rep, 70-kilos x 1 rep, 75-kilos x 1 rep, 80-kilos x 1 rep, 85-kilos x a few attempts :(

R/Thunder (n/h)

B/H: 60-kilos x 3 reps alternating

L/H: 70-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (quite a quick pace), 78.75-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (hard)

R/H: 86.25-kilos x 6 x 1 reps inc the middle three pratically back-to-back.

Grippers later

Sunday pm

Grippers

Not too bad. Not as good as before but could have been worse

Usual warm up then

L/H: to CoC 3 x 5 x 1 assisted closes

R/H: to BBSE x 5 x 1 assisted closes

Monday

warm up and stretch

Hack Squat

0-kilos x 10 reps, 40-kilos x 10 reps, 70-kilos x 10 reps, 95-kilos x 10 reps

C G bench press

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 62.5-kilos a side x 3 reps

One arm cable row

105lbs stack x 10 reps @, plus 10-kilos x 10 reps @, plus 22.5-kilos x 10 reps @

3" Wrist roller

A/C/W: 40-kilos a x 3 x 1 reps, 60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 82.5-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

C/W: 60-kilos x 1 rep (too damn heavy for more and f/arms were Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed and pumped to 16.25-16.5-inches

Wednesday

I'm getting really pissed off with how long it is taking my right hand to warm up. Literally within a rep or two it can ache and it then takes an age to get to the working weight. By the same token my left hand just gets right on with it. Perfect set on the bar and so on. Anyway

V-Bar

B/H: 60-kilos x 1 rep, 80-kilos x 1 rep, 100-kilos x 1 rep, 120-kilos x 1 rep (barely with the right hand). Small 5lb 1" plate on the bottom plus bar weight to be added to all numbers

L/H: worked to 137.5-kilos with hand down bar and an addition 10lbs plate added. Total about 148-kilos. For 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 110-130-kilos in 5-kilos at a jumps - all singles then finally 132.5-kilos x 3 x 1. Total weight about 138.4-kilos

2HP @ 70mm

No real problems just straight forward step-ups in weight and all target weights and reps hit dead on.

43.6-kilos x 1 rep (changed from the usual x 6), 63.6-kilos x 1 rep, 68.6-kilos x 1 rep, 73.6-kilos x 1 rep, 78.6-kilos x 1 rep, 83.6-kilos x 1 rep then added 2.5-kilos for 86.10-kilos x 5 x 1 reps (just missed a 6th attempt).

Bwt down 2lbs - will keep an eye on that.

Laine's not coming (again) but check his numbers:

Hello Steve,

I cannot make it on Saturday, my business is really busy and I have alot of work to do before I fly to the States. Hopefully Randall will wave made the final arrangements for a Rolling Thunder contest in Las Vegas in early October, I think Odd Haugen, Mark Phillippi, Phil Pfister and the Gillinghams are being invited so it should be a good contest if it all works out.

I am hoping to get 290+ on the Rolling Thunder this time out, my training is going well, I have hit 235lbs for 14 continious reps and 12 continious reps with 246lbs, which is a good improvement on my previous bests with these weights. I have changed my stance to a more sumo style and I no longer wear footwear for my heavy attempts, although I still train in my old style for the lifts I mentioned above to give me a true reflection of any increase in strength.

I hope to come down on my return from the States which will be at the end of October.

Best wishes,

Laine

Friday

R/Thunder (n/h)

B/H: 60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps @ hand

L/H: 76.25-kilos++ x 6 x 1 reps

R/H: 86.25-kilos++ x 5 x 1 reps

Seated Press

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos a side x 6 reps, 37.5-kilos a side x 2 x 1 attempts, dropped to 35-kilos x 1 x 1 rep and 36.25-kilos x 1 x 1 rep and had one more go at 37.5-kilos but zilch

DB Curls

12.5-kilos @ x 10 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 10 reps, 25-kilos @ x 10 reps

Dips

bwt x 9 reps, plus 5-kilos x 9 reps, plus 15-kilos x 9 reps

Rope handle tricep pressdown

105lbs stack x 2 x 15 reps

Bwt still down even though I've upped intake

Sunday am

Nice session. Nick McKinless came over yesterday to see our unit gym and today we looked at Severnside (once we bloody found it) and Gymnation. Severnside was an eye opener for Nick as it is inside a church and the church is in this nature reserve - very idyllic.

Anyway once we had done the guided tour we came back to Hopewell Street and as I expected I lifted my game up a notch.

2HP @ 54mm

25-kilos x 6 reps, 65-kilos x 3 reps, 70, 75, 80 and 85-kilos all x 1 rep. Then 89-kilos (approx) x 6 x 1 nice solid reps.

R/Thunder (n/h)

60-kilos x 3 reps @ hand

L/H: 77.5-kilos x a total of 7 reps (some 1, some doubles)

R/H: 86.25-kilos x 6 reps (as above)

Nick had a go on our IFSA log and also on the 3" w/roller.

Yeah thanks for the tour and the training Steve, really great facility. I think I'm still a bit jet lagged even though I feel fine. It's only been 40 hours! Still it's always nice to get rid of the cobwebs...

Nick

Sorry to of missed it Mobster. Just one of those things. :( Sounds like you had a good time and it would of been good to of met Nick.

Severnside is a proper spit and sawdust gym thats for sure. I did train there but I train over at Bodysports Gym now, in Cheltenham - Its closer to home and has a good group of powerlifters training there.

Thursday (in lieu of Wednesday)

V bar

B/H: 60-kilos x 1 rep, 80-kilos x 1 rep, 100-kilos x 1 rep (right hand started playing up)

L/H: to 135-kilos x 1 rep, could not budge targetted weight

R/H: to 125-kilos - as above

2HP @ 70mm

worked to 83.6-kilos and then did 1 single at targetted weight.

Crap session

Friday

Trained with Louis (Gymnation member) and had a nice session. Felt easy.

R/Thunder

B/H: 60-kilos x 3 reps @

L/H: 77.5-kilos x 5 x 1 reps

R/H: 87.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

Seated press

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos x 6 reps, 32.5, 35 and 37.5-kilo e/s x 1 rep

DB Curls

12.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos @ x 7 nice and 1 loose reps

Dips

Bwt x 8 reps, plus 5-kilos x 8 reps and plus 17.5-kilos x 8 reps

Tricep Pressdown with rope handle

Stack x 15 reps, plus 5-kilos x 15 reps.

NB: I asked Louis what he normally works up to on this and he said 40. So he started with that and did 20 reps, then 50 and finally 55 both x 15 reps.

Hard to say as I have been better on my own grippers but my best work is always done on the lifting platform and in competition.

I have other stuff I do - for example I did 3 x 1 with 90-kilos / 198lbs on the 2 hand pinch (euro set up) and am focusing on getting to 100. I also LOVE the wrist roller at the mo.

Saturday

Trained today so early Sunday session can be f**ked off :P

2HP

25-kilos x 6 reps, 65-kilos x 3 reps, then 70, 75, 80, 85-kilos x 1 rep. Tried 90 and couldn't do it (Nick had gone to shop). Did a hard 87.5-kilos and then, when Nick came back, did 90 x 3 x 1 rep (last one was iffy). I need to get a cardboard cut-out of Nick ;)

R/T (n/h and then o/h)

60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps each hand

L/H: 77.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps, then old hand to 115-kilos x 1 rep

R/H: 87.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps, then old handle to 130-kilos x 2 x 1 reps (just)

Stones for fun

110-kilo onto platform (now higher than before) and tried the 140-kilo and lapped it but could get it to go from there to platform.

We had a big crew down including Mike, TT, H, Tat70, Oscar and Nick plus myself. I'll put up some photos later.

R/T (n/h and then o/h)

60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps each hand

L/H: 77.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps, then old hand to 115-kilos x 1 rep

R/H: 87.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps, then old handle to 130-kilos x 2 x 1 reps (just)

Even on an old handle, sickness!!!

A couple of things made it good. One was the slow but sure work I've been doing on the new handle. 110 l;eft and 120 right felt easy. Indeed I did 115-kilos right handed with a thumbless grip. Secondly, although there was no fanfair on my part (look at me etc) I had a strong group of lads around me and I seem to do better when being watched. Finally, as per the 2HP, although it's a purely mental thing I need - N-E-E-D - to do well in frontg of my peers ie: Nick. Dunno why it is that way but this is helpful when on the competition stage.

PS: those numbers on the RT (new or old handle) are the plates only and do and not include the pin, handle or carabina as usual. So 130-kilos was 294 lbs or 133.6-kilos. Sweet eh :D

Edited by mobsterone

Sweet, Laine Snook has got nothing on ya :P

Thanks for the answer about the grippers, good to see you're improving in other areas!! :)

Sunday

I can feel the effects of Saturdays work for sure waking today and stretching and think 'yeah that's nicely stiff' ha ha :D But did some gripper work this am just the same

Grippers

L/H: to RB240ip x 5 assisted closes

R/H: to BBSE as above

I deliberately didn't go all out on these

As for 300 on an old and stiff RT handle - for sure. When I am back to doing 90-100-kilos right handed on the more freely spinning handle I'll be capable of 300lbs on an old one.

I take it you haven't looked at every Monday log entry FOR MONTHS! :flame

I'm due to work with either 83.75 or 85-kilos plus the pin tomorrow at the end, as per, of my workout with the 3" FBBC wrist roller.

Edited by mobsterone

This was meant to have been posted last Monday (it was on two other forums but not this one):

Monday

Hack Squat

0-kilos x 10 reps, 40-kilos x 10 reps, 70-kilos x 10 reps, 100-kilos x 10 reps

Low Row

stack x 10 reps @, plus 10-kilos x 10 reps @, plus 25-kilos x 8 L and 10 reps R

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 62.5-kilos a side x 4 x 1 reps

W/Roller

A/C/W: 40-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 83.75-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

C/W: 60-kilos x 1 rep, 57.5-kilos x 2 x 1 rep.

So 85-kilos+ x 3 x 1 ACW (anti clockwise - works flexors) and 58.75-kilos CW (works extensors) tomorrow.