Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Saturday

Hacked off - I managed to take some nice pictures on my camera of this weekends session. Then left the camera on the bonnet of the van. I forgot to take it with me and Mike drove the van back home after so... no more camera. :(

2HP

to 89-kilos only :(

Farmers hold

120 or 130-kilos a hand x 45 seconds

hand over hand with the sledge

worked to 300-kilos x 16 seconds

Monday

Back twinging.

Hack squat

plate x 10 reps, plus 40-kilos x 10 reps, 80-kilos x 10 reps, 125-kilos x 10 reps

low row

stack x 10 reps, plus 10-kilos x 10 reps, 30-kilos x 10 reps

bench

20-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 6 reps, 65-kilos x 1 :( rep

w/roller

ACW: 40-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 60-kilos x 1 reps, 90-kilos x 1 rep

CW: 60-kilos x 3 x 1 rep

I took 2.5 pvc and rope with a holder to fit through ol plates. I can do 35lbs and am working on 45. I also am working on the twist yo wrist. and am planning to get a slammer.

Good work and now I have a model to pattern my workouts after!

Wednesday

2HP @ 70mm

43.6-kilos x 6 n/s reps, 63.6, 73.6 and 83.6-kilos x 1 rep then 89.85-kilos x 6 x 1 rep

Grippers

not to be done after pinch - I could barely get a rep out at max.

2" thick v-bar

to 103.6 x 2 x 1 reps @ hand

Trap bar deadlift hold

to 240-kilos plus bar x 3 x 6 seconds

Friday

Strange old workout today

R/Thunder

N/H

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 reps@

L/H: 81.25-kilos x 6 x 1 reps

R/H: 91.25-kilos x 4 x 1 just reps

O/H

L/H: to 115-kilos x 1 and missed 120-kilos

R/H: to 125-kilos and missed 130-kilos

Seated Press

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos a side x 6 reps, 35 and 36.15-kilos a side x 1 each (both tough)

DB Curls

12.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 5 reps (too heavy)

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps

Machine press with da boyz

We used the back, front and side handles

11 or 12p x 8 reps @

12p x 6 reps@

Pumped like a Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.er on these.

Saturday

2HP - volume day

worked up to 87.5-kilos (sluggish to begin with) then did 20 x 1 reps

Also did some 'secret technique' work :cool

R/Thunder

sets of 8 with 60, 70m and *75-kilos *may have done just 6 with this weight

Medley

Consisting of 70-kilo farmers, 103-kilo Millennium and 2 80-ish kilo barrels - 2 'runs' (ie: little more than walking pace ha ha) one at 50 or so and one at 48 seconds (would have been quicker but Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed up the Millennium pick up)

Just so you know....

I have three different techniques for pinching now!

But I'm not telling you!

That wont work - you've already told me. :flame

You're wrong! These are the latest pinching secrets that I learned from a secret division of pinching shaolin monks!

Ahh... ask the Grand Master of that esteemed order who told him some, but not all, of my.. I mean their secrets . :inno

Ahh... ask the Grand Master of that esteemed order who told him some, but not all, of my.. I mean their secrets . :inno

:tongue

Sunday

Fixed the unit door, packed some orders, swept up and put away plates etc then trained grippers. No sign of Mike or the Conan's / viking press as yet.

Grippers

Worked to

L/H: GM x 5-6 x 1 assisted closes

R/H: BBE as above

I may try some parallel hose clip closes as I want to bring the left up to consistent closes with a 3 and the right with SE or even a 4.

Monday

Hack Squat

0-kilos x 10 reps, 40-kilos x 10 reps, 80-kilos x 10 reps, 130-kilos x 10 reps

DB Row

50-kilos x 10 reps, 55-kilos x 10 reps, 65 (ish) kilos x 8 reps @ arm

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 60-kilos a side x 6 x 1 reps (better form practice)

W/Roller

A/C/W: 40-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 60-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 91.25-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (hard)

CW: 61.25-kilos x 2 x 1 reps (no time left - but also hard)

Bwt: 19st 4lbs

I just ordered a wrist roller inspired by what you say about them. Ordered it from John Beatty, the 2" as I'm not a fraction of the strong you are, and my hands ara rather short 7-1/4" or so). I got it mainly for forearm work as Wrist Curls hurt my wrists (either with Barbell, dumbells or even Pegasus!). Hopefully it will feel good :P

Glad I could be of help. The main issue with hand length in this regard is the thumbs length rather than over all wrist to finger tips. The shortest thumb I saw was on Monkey Paws kin at the GGC 2004 - it looked all of two inches. One of the guys who does WR with me had a habit of letting his thumb go out to the side when lowerring the weight and then it slides like a bitch.

One a change of topic here's a photo of our 251-kilo (yes really) stone getting some air...

http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/1699/sh...stone001tz2.jpg

Edited by mobsterone

You look thinned out in that pic :tongue But let's be honest, that isn't you now, is it??

monkeypaws being Rob Vigeant Jr. ??? Aren't his hands like 9" long? How can he have such a small thumb? Wow.

Nice pic, but hey, it's not B/W as you were doing earlier.

It's not me and I was referring not to Monkey Paws nor his dad but his kin who competed with him at GGC 2004. I forget his proper name but he's also called Robbie.

I prefer B&W for lifting pics and think they just look better but decided to go with color this time. That is a guy from Liverpool (Shawn) - about 100+ miles away who has travelled several times to our gym as we are the closest with strongman equipment.

Wait a minute Mobster, there are 3 Rob Vigeants? :blink I was reading the GGC 2004 thread and it was mentioned that they were cousins, but I thought it was his father that had 7'' hands and was crazy strong, but mabye they're all just crazy strong! That thread was great though, the part with the straightjacket was hilarious! :laugh

Edited by Wes

Wednesday

2HP @ 70mm

to 91.10-kilos x 6 x 1.

Top range deadlift hold in rack

to 9 plates a side x 3 x 1 reps

Also showed Malcolm how to do the trick lift.

Wednesday pm

Grippers

L/H: to 16 x 1 @ RB240 (2 missed reps - also tried more setting with this which never feels right)

R/H: 16 x 1 @ BBE

Thick handled dumbbell

took more time setting it up than lifting

90-kilos x easy single then set it to 95-kilos and got a single right before it went loose again on my left and so called it a day.