Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Pfff, classified info right there... Don't let too much people into the knowhow ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Two hand pinch

In competition the most I have done is 83-kilos or 182lbs. Today I did 2 x 1 with 181 and 2 x 1 with 182 lbs. There is about 6 weeks to go.

Lever / sledge work

I did 2 x 1 and 1 x 2 today with 17.57 lbs

Grand Master (230 lbs pressure)

Elite (265 lbs pressure)

Super Elite (290 lbs pressure)

Grand Elite (325 lbs pressure)

All arrived today - lets see what I can do.

sample gripper workout right now...

Thursday PM

I am slowly getting used to the BB/Warren Tetting Grippers and did my usual max strength gripper session today

Grippers

L/H: Worked up to several closes of a HG300 but need to go up a notch higher (RB 260+)

R/H: worked up to several closes of a Elite and then 2 near closes of a Super Elite (SE on end of grippers).

An example of my diet between now and the event:

Breakfast (today was 4am - just woke early - ate - went back to bed)

cereal, tea (with added CEE and Glucosomine Sulphate). Plus 1-2 one-a-day vitamin tablets from local supermarket (each one has 100% RDA).

Pre-training (1030 ish)

Big ass cup of coffee and 200g chocolate.

Post training

100g of 75% WPC protein powder in water (75g protein) with added vanilla flavour and sweetener

Lunch (about 2.45pm)

2 x salmon steaks (350g x 24.6g per 100g product = approx 75g protein) and boiled mixed veg

Mid-afternoon (between 4pm and 5pm)

100g of 75% WPC protein powder in water (75g protein) with added strawberry flavour and sweetener - nice n' chilled in fridge ready)

Tea/supper (between 7 - 9 pm)

5-6 boiled eggs (whole) - about 30-40g protein or venison grill steak and boiled veg - about 45-60g protein.

Poss late night protein drink

Same as earlier - so about 60-75g protein.

Protein will be between 325g and 350+ or about 1.25-1.5g per lb bodyweight. Based on a bodyweight of 258-263 lbs.

.281 BB Grand Master…………………………………………...….280 lbs

working on this one with my left hand

.295 BB Elite ………………………………………………................325 lbs ®

have done this one in competitions and do 5-6 singles in training

.306 BB Super Elite ……………………………………………..........350 lbs

did 2 x attempts (assisted) tonight

.312 COC #4 ……………………………………………………............365 lbs

If the numbers are as close as this indicates (my 4 is tougher than say Jim Wylies which seems more like 365) then the game is on. Come to papa.

HG500................................................370-389lbs

.312 BB Grand Elite……………………………………………...........365 lbs

Protein will be between 325g and 350+ or about 1.25-1.5g per lb bodyweight. Based on a bodyweight of 258-263 lbs.

That's about five times as much protein as I consume in a day. :help

That's about five times as much protein as I consume in a day. :help

It seems to be working as my bodyweight is up and I'm still making progress training 2 on 1 off and seven times a week. Indeed I weighed in at 18st 11lbs or 263lbs dead on Tuesday after training at my local gym on their calibrated scales. I have added some muscle to my traps and forearms (and weight to my gut ha ha). Plus I own a supplement company so pay nothing for the vast majority of my supplements. I also work 100% from home now and being able to rest after workouts and eat right is helping. I'm looking to add a few more pounds and harden up but there is no special plan. I also know that 5x more than you do is bugger all as I have been heavier for ages - aren't you 84-90-kilos??

What can u do with the HG 500 Steve?

I used to take it to my local gym on Tuesdays when I wasn't training for any events (Sept 2004-Jan 2005) and at one time had it down to 5mm with the free hand holding the spring - what I call assisted.

Lever sledge

B/H: bar x 6 reps, plus 1-kilo x 6 reps

L/H: plus 4.5-kilos (15.9lbs total) x 1, 1, 1 rep - good. Stopped there.

R/H: plus 6.5-kilos (20.3lbs total) x 1, 0, 1, 1 rep. Nice weight. In between left hand and right hand singles I took 60-90 seconds rest.

Nice going on the lever! :rock

Cheers. It's coming on. As I get nearer and nearer to what I think I'm gonna do I am taking my time more and more. So, for example, I'll be looking to use the same weight and do more singles with it. When I'm about 2 weeks out I'll stay with a weight and get real, real strict with it.

Obviously without the set up being used (as was at the GGC) I don't know how much of a difference that's gonna make but I feel 22-23lbs for a single is doable right now.

Oh and this followed the pinch workout.

• 3 weeks later...

In a few short days it's competition time so I thought I'd put up some of my recent workouts.

Saturday - last weekend

One hand thumbless deadlift

B/H: bar x 6 straddle only reps, 20-kilos a side (50) x 4 straddle only reps.

L/H: worked up to 47.5-kilos a side x (105) 2 x 1 reps

R/H: worked to 60-kilos a side (130) x 2 x 1 reps

Tuesday - last week

Grippers only for max

L/H: to BB GM (rated @ 280 lbs) x 1 rep plus 1 rep attempt

R/H: to BB SE (rated @ 350lbs) x 2 x 1 reps :)

Monday 31st October

V-Bar

B/H:40-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 2 reps, 100-kilos x 1 rep,

L/H: 110-kilos x 1 rep, 115-kilos x 1 rep, 120-kilos x 1 rep, 125-kilos x 2 x 1 rep and att at 127.5-kilos but hand was shot (skin just going).

R/H: 115-kilos x 1 rep, 125-kilos x 1 rep, 135-kilos x 1 rep, 140-kilos x 2 x 1 easy reps and 142.5-kilos x att as left but inside of middle finger started to bleed. HARDCORE!!

Seated press

20-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 35-kilos e/s x 2 reps (held back - me no wannum injury now)

EZ curls

15-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 30-kilos e/s x 2 reps (as above)

CG bench

20-kilos e/z x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 4 reps, 57.5-kilos e/s x 2 x 1 reps (as above).

Wednesday - 2nd November

Two hand pinch

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 4 n/s reps, plus 60-kilos (82-kilos / 180.4lbs total. PB in comp is 83-kilos) x 5 x 1 plus 1 missed attempt - v happy with that.

Lever

B/H: equ x 6 reps, plus 1-kilo x 4 reps

L/H: plus 4.5-kilos (15.9lbs total) x 1, 1, 1 = 3 x 1 reps (felt like I could do more)

R/H: plus 7-kilos (21.4lbs total) x 1, 1, 1 = 3 x 1 reps

Barring injury and the few sessions left - yes. There is little more I can do or could have done. Will you be there?

• 2 weeks later...

Well what a day yesterday was - phew! I'll be sure t contribute some more when the blood gets back to my somewhat fried brain and I recall more of what went on.

But in the meantime here's some of my numbers - subject to the official results.

Two hand pinch - 84.5-kilos - killed it and wished I hadn't burned the earlier numbers.

V-bar - left hand a solid 140+ kilos and right hand a solid 160+ kilos I think my two hand total was 301.00 kilos of 662 lbs For a few minutes I had the second or third best of all time right hand v bar at 352lbs - then I got pushed back down the list.

Thumbless deadlift - I think it was 110-kilos left and 126 or thereabout right.

Lever - went to pot here once I had a go at the heavy weights as my thumb couldn't handle the super strict style and my upper back cramped up a little. That said Jim Wylie would have handed me my arse as he suddenly seemed to go into over drive and was shoking even himself and did a 9.5-kilo as easy as you like.

Grippers - as per and of course during competition the difference between my always strong right and comes and goes left made itself evident when I caned - I mean CANED a Elite strap hold right handed - it was easy. Then couldn't straphold for more than 1 second a BBSM left. There was no way I could get back ahead of Big Steve who I had been in front of in the first three events and so I had a shot at Jim Wylies 'easy' 4 (the toughest gripper in the event) getting it to, I'm told, 2mm.

Post comp and as we are packing away I had a crack at Frankies MM3 and knocked out a close on that easy. I'm hoping he has a video/photo.

Just got home.

Probably the best comp ever from Steve.

He did a 163kg vbar lift that high and sooo easy with his right.

There was room for 5-10kg more in that lift but it was his 4th and last event. :trout

Manhandled the 3.54 rated Elite for a 10 secs Straphold with ease.

That equals to a 10s overcrush with that gripper since the strap was super thin and still loaded with 1.25kg. If you can barely close a gripper you can't do a hold with that strap.

Brought Jims #4 twice (!) down to 2mm and closed my MM3 replica, of course all done after a 10h comp.

Outperformed everybody else in the thumbless DL.

At the after comp party he kinked a Red reverse at head level (!) to 30-45°!!!! Never seen or heard of that before.

Well done Steve.