Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Friday (as per image)

Grippers and both a 230-kilo rated bar and a 240-kilo rated bar (20 minutes apart)

Saturday (just before Dr Who :) )

Seated press

10-kilos a side x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos a side x 8 reps and 29.5-kilos a side x 6 reps (7th one bottomed out)

DB Curls

x 3 x 8 reps

CG bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 8 reps and 40-kilos a side x 6 reps (as press). All with feet up cos of back injury.

Sunday

sweet f'all

Monday

3" FBBC wrist roller

10-kilos x 6 reps, 35-kilo x 4 n/s reps and 52-kilos x 3 x 1 reps - I'm now so pumped, sweating like a pig and can barely type. Ouch, but a nice, ouch! When my forearms have recovered a little I'll do...

Grippers

Tuesday

partial deadlifts (for grip only)

1p a side x 6 reps, 3p a side x 6 reps, 5p a side x 4 reps, 8p a side x 2 and then 9p a side x 1 and 10p x failed (922lbs)

Bench machine

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 8 reps and 42.5-kilos a side x 8 reps

Lorow

40-kilos a side x 8 reps and 70-kilos a side x 8 reps

Hirow

30-kilos a side x 8 reps and 60-kilos a side x 4 (l) and 5 ® - was too heavy and too big a jump.

Wednesday

Back from seeing the day job OH doctor - not good :( Says (if I keep my job - see July 7th as and when it comes) that I shouldn't do any real heavy lifting, that I WILL get the same injury etc etc - may as well cut off a nut. Honestly, he's telling me and I'm zoning out and thinking about lifting tonight... :roll:

Two hand pinch

equ x 12 reps, equ plus 35 kilos (55-kilo total) x 12 reps (had to set it down between each rep now

V-Bar (each hand)

20-kilos (plus bar) x 12 reps, 55-kilos x 12 reps and then 8 alternating reps with 112.5 kilos (?? too big a jump??) - of the 8 all were succesful with my right but only ONE!!with my left.

Friday

Grippers and c/bar - could have been better and couldn't do a 240k bar even though I did one last week

Saturday

Warm up

Seated Press

10-kilos a side x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 8 reps

DB Curls

10-kilos a side (approx 51lbs total) x 2 x 8 and then nowt left for third set

Close Grip Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 8 reps and 40-kilos a side x 8 reps - all with feet down for the first time in week.

Still a slight back twinge but not in the injured place (about 95% recovered).

good to see the back's improving

was that book any help?

just had a thought, are you doing the v-bar and 2 hand pinch from the floor or off a platform ( kind of like a lockout). If you're lifting from the floor it might be worth changing. The partial lifts would still work the grip as much but might take some stress off the back.

btw to say you've got a bad back, a 922 partial aint half bad :bow

I haven't had a proper read yet - will try this weekend. I've done 1067 in the partial movement before.

Sunday

zip

Monday

Grippers - so busy (showing poss new tenant around) I forgot to do wrist roller

Tuesday - trained at home again

One hand lift

40-kilos x 12 reps e/h, 120-kilos x 12 reps e/h and 180-kilos (8 x 20 plus a 40-kilos plus d/bell)

Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 30-kilos e/s x 8 reps and 41.25-kilos e/s x 8 reps :)

1 arm rows

117+ lbs d/bell x 3 x 8

Wednesday

Zip but H/gainer writer Mike Thompson came over and I brought a grip machine from him (actually I swapped it for some protein).

Thursday

Two hand pinch

equ x 12 reps, equ plus 30-kilos x 12 reps (4-4-4 with the space literaly a few seconds as I reset my hands)

V-Bar

20-kilos x 12 reps e/h, 55-kilos x 12 reps e/h and then 105-kilos x 8 alt reps (no problems at all)

Trained early - wanna watch live8 concerts

Saturday

warm up etc

Seated press

10-kilos a side x 8 reps, 20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 31-kilos a side x 6 reps

DB curls

20-kilo+ d/bell x 8, x8, x6 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 8 reps, 41-kilos a side x 6 reps

Fin

Rested Sunday.

Monday

Trained on the FBBC 3" w/roller this am and then walked my 700-kilo rated o/bar to Metro-Flex (my local gym). I'm selling the bar and want to get £50-60.00 for it (cost £110.00 new). Given that it was post workout it was, as you'd imagine, tiring but not so bad for half a mile. I'll train grippers later and then speak to Dave Talbot re making me an offer.

W/Roller

10-kilos x 6 reps

35-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

52-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (total weight 121 lbs)

It was double hard as I completely missed out a week last week and still added a rep. Nasty pump

Monday

pm: did grippers - got the CoC 4 down to 3mm

Tuesday (am)

Partial deadlift

1p a side x 6 reps, 3p a side x 6 reps, 5p a side x 4 reps, 8p a side x 1 (for feel) and then 9.5 (9 x 20-kilo and 1 x 10-kilo) p a side x 2 x 1

Bench machine

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 8 reps and 45-kilos a side x 7 reps

Lo row

40-kilos a side x 8 reps, 80-kilos a side x 8 reps

Hi row

30-kilos a side x 8 reps, 57.5-kilos a side x 6 (hard) reps

Leg press (for feel)

4p a side x a few reps *

After work tomorrow I'm off to Gloucester for a visit to a flavoring plant in Tewkesbury Thursday at 11.00 to do a deal on getting our whey flavoured. It should double the turnover to an expected £250k per annum. I also sold the bar I was wanting to sell.

Monday

pm: did grippers - got the CoC 4 down to 3mm

:bow

Awesome job on the #4.

Don't get too exited - that's with the free hand touching the spring. As before I plan to get it touching with the help/touch of the free hand and then open it one handed and finally as an when, do singles etc. I suspect I'm a good six weeks away from that.

With the work I've done recently my hands cramp up if I type, etc for long periods.

Away last night on whey biz with Mike today (overnight in Gloucester after work and then off to see suppliers etc today). So was out of London when the bombs etc went off. Like everyone else more than a few phone calls and wellwishing of one and all have been made making sure kith and kin are ok.

Came back to loads of orders, post and 56 emails (still 20 to do) and so trained a lot later than I'd have preferred but...

Thursday

Two hand pinch

equ x 12 reps

equ plus 40-kilos (tough) x 8-10 reps (very much stop/start)

V bar

bar plus 20-kilos x 12 reps e/h

plus 55-kilos x 8 reps e/h

plus 110-kilos x 5 of 6 reps r/hand and 4 of 6 reps l/hand. Slight siatic pain in left thigh (not helped by loads of train, bus etc travelling today).

Friday

A piss poor workout - I couldn't even do a rep with a CoC 3 and having done a 225-kilo c/bar stopped after barely denting a 245-kilo bar.

Saturday

Apparently I had been ringing a mate of mine, Vicki, asking her when she was moving in having put Mike against her number on a note pad (Mike being the son of the new lodger due to move in). Having sorted that out I took out what I needed from petty cash and made my way to Colin Anderson's White Cliffs Dover strongman event which we sponsor.

As usual the trains we Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing awful (grr :mad: ) and one slow train and a replacement bus followed by a taxi later I arrived just in time - see event report elsewhere.

One highlight of the day was 'nicking' Britain's Strongest women, Gemma Taylor, off of one of our rivals. Apparently she last had some protein from them in January and having finished 4-kilos just three weeks ago asked them to send her some more and had nothing. With little or no on site publicity and her about to compete by invitation in the World's Strongest Women competition just this week she was, as they say, ripe for the plucking. So two t-shirts with our logo on them (a la Mick) and a deal made in five minutes she is now a Whey Consortium Suported athlete - another one :)

A long hot day and several trips to the fast food stand and today (Sunday) sees me up at dawn visiting the toliet rather more frequently than I'd like (could also be why I was so feeble Friday??). I got back later than I'd have prefered and so Sunday...

Sunday

Watched the WWII service and then worked out

Seated press

to 31-kilos a side x 7 (v hard and not as deep as I'd have liked them) reps

DB curls

20-kilo+ x 2 x 8 and 1 x 7 reps

CG Bench

to 41-kilos a side x 7 reps (back aching a little)

sorry to hear that Steve, perhaps this will open you up to other opportunities. Hope all works out ok for ya

W

ya mob hope it all works out well for you.

Don't feel too sorrythough - it was my own fault (mostly). As well as having money from a lodger to help pay the bills (£300 / $600 a month) and a quarterly dividend (instead of a wage and at alower taxable rate) at the end of this month (£1500.00 / $3000.00) coming I can also sell my house, as intended but for less, and make the move to Gloucester. It'll just be earlier thah I wanted to and the house would go for less than I'd have liked. I can also cash in my ISA (worth about £5-6k).

Plus one of my brothers, Peter, has a brother-in-law who works at a Job Centre and can pick a good 'un out for me before it goes up on the boards :cool This presumes I can be bothered to work for somone else ha ha

Monday

Got sacked in the am and then

Grippers

I will do the w/roller today PM (Tuesday) as yesterday I showed the new lodger around and took a lot of calls from the girls I used to work with (ahem :D)

Tuesday

had a blinder of a session at the gym and collected the £50.00 I was owed while I was at it - which is nice.

Partial deadlifts

1p a side x 6 reps, 3p a side x 6 reps, 5p a side x 4 reps, 8p a side x 1 for feel, 9p a side x 1 for feel and then 9p plus 11.25kilos (887.35 lbs) a side x 2 x 1 reps

Bench machine

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 8 reps and 42.5-kilos a side x 7 reps (forgot to take training diary so did less than I should have but WTF eh?)

Lo-row

40-kilos a side 8 reps and 95-kilos a side x 6 reps

Hi-row

30-kilos a side x 8 reps and 60-kilos a side x 6 reps

Thats some heavy partials mobster.

Where abouts do you have the pins placed?

Im moving to Gloucester or Cheltenham in the next month or two -Job change

I'm using the half rack and when I start with the lighter weights I'm guessing the range of movement is about 6 inches. For me that's about 8-inches below my hips. By the time proper weight is loaded so the bar starts to bend (the bar I sold them he he - it's a 700-kilo rated Bodypower bar) I need to use a rubber mat (about a 1/2 inch thick) to keep some range of motion. At 9 plates a side plus (380 kilos and over) the range drops down to 3-4 inches as it also pulls down the shoulders. By keeping my back almost 100% straight it becomes only a thigh and grip lift - as it's intended to be.

I'll be looking into the sale of my house and move to Gloucester very soon. One of our ideas to is to move into a larger unit and use some of that space for training and the rest for protein.

Ive just started doing partials again recently as in my last PL comp I couldnt lock out my final Deadlift which was a pain as it was about an inch or two from full lock out. strangely I never had this problem before if it got stuck it was from the floor.

Partials should sort it though.

Ive been shopping around on the net for gym equipment as when we move up there I can finally put together my own garage gym. What I need most of all is a squat rack/cage and a bar and plates and a bench. Anyway enough hijacking of your thread! :D