Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Not a problem. If we are able to get the unit Mike already has a ton of strongman equipment (barrels, bells etc) and brought some more this weekend (farmers walk bells and a 'log'). We'd like to add a tyre or three (say 320-kilos plus) and I already own a power rack and assorted other goodies including a pair of 142lb dumbbells, a Millennium dumbbell and so on. I also have trade priced contacts I can use when we have the money to get a half decent basic commercial set up.

The plan is to charge enough to cover the unit rental costs only and it would be spit and sawdust (no showers intially for example) with most of the unit being the warehousing required to store several metric tons of protein. We currently pay rent on a self storage place and use part of Mike's house for the rest.

With the hoped for addition of a very well priced flavoured line (currently under discussion) we anticipate a doubling of gross t/over from about £100k (2005-2006) to a gross £200k+ (2006 o/wards).

W/roller

10-kilos x 6 reps

35-kilos x 4 reps

52.25-kilos x 4 x 1 rep

Sounds great !

Let me know how it goes. Id love to try the millenium db!

Double of gross tournover phew! Well to be honest thats why Im moving back up there. Double the money. Cant turn it down.

Thursday

Two hand pinch

equ x 12 reps

equ + 42.5-kilos x 8 x 1 reps

V bar

20-kilos (+ bar etc) x 12 reps e/h

55-kilos (as above) x 8 reps e/h

110-kilo (as above) x 8 x 1 rep r/h

105-kilos x 1, 107.5-kilos x 1, 110-kilos x 6 x 1 rep l/h

2 minutes silence observed at 12 noon and then 2 reps banged out with max weight.

I was also asked to put on a grip strength display the week after the Euro comp date (20th August and so 27th) at a strongman event in Tonbridge Wells

It'll completely depend on my finances nearer the time. I'll know by Mid-August.

Mob,

I've seen you mention it before, but could you expand on your 700-kg Bodypower bar? I thought they were rated to 700lbs, but what do I know?

If you're moviing to Gloucester, you could just make cider for a living.... :D

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/__16_p...8F5B599A90.html

I have a 320/700 bar which was in a tube maked 450 and was meant to be the ordered 700k bar. I took it to the gym and bent it with exactly 320-kilos loaded on it.

In fact I had it loaded and went to get a drink. Someone said 'your bar!' and as I turned there it was bending....!!!

A few ranting and raving calls later I got the bar I ordered and while I waited and was feeling flush I had Pullum Sports make me a proper bar. It's 7 feet 6 inches long and can take 14 x 20-kilo plates each side. It doesn't revolve and is zinc rather than chrome plated. On the 700-kilo bar the knurled section is 28mm thick as opposed to the standard 25-26mm. On my custom bar it's 30mm and the knurling is great.

I also have a 2-inch thick (50mm) 6 foot unknurled bar brought at cost from Stan Pike's Intense Fitness

While I was down at a strongman event we support last Saturday (we gave Colin Anderson £800.00 at the beginning of the year which means every event he promotes we're involved in) I chatted to Britain's Strongest Woemn (2005) Gemma Taylor and may, just may, have persuaded her to come over to being supported by us. Not being massively rich etc I prefer support to sponsor and so we normally sell the supplements at cost price to those we help. Gemma doesn't go through the stuff quite as quickly as the guys and so we may well giver her what she needs.

Anyway she has just come second in the World Strongest Women event beating Jill Mills into third!! WOW!! (Aneta won again).

Friday

Grippers

Too much early work on the HG300 tired my hands out (see additional notes).

C/bars

Did just the one. A 230-kilo bar. I need to work on the initial bend to be within the 60-degree Euro rules as I noticed I swapped to double o/hand very quickly. That said I did the 230-kilo easy enough (see additional notes).

Additional notes

1) I may be changing my routine around fairly shortly as

2) training pinch and v-bar (starting to get heavy now) on Thursday is now limiting what I can put out Friday.

3) I want to also drop reps and set levels. While I'll still be doing more than in the past if I am to compete in one month (still waiting on a reply to my PM to Arne) and then again in September (finances allowing) my physical workload will be heavier (ie: heavier weights) and so recovery needs to increase but at the same time, as per earlier log entries, I have learnt to look at what others have done. Namely reps with sub maximal poundage until very close to competition thus lowering risk of injury.

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/__16_p...8F5B599A90.html

I have a 320/700 bar which was in a tube maked 450 and was meant to be the ordered 700k bar. I took it to the gym and bent it with exactly 320-kilos loaded on it.

In fact I had it loaded and went to get a drink. Someone said 'your bar!' and as I turned there it was bending....!!!

A few ranting and raving calls later I got the bar I ordered and while I waited and was feeling flush I had Pullum Sports make me a proper bar. It's 7 feet 6 inches long and can take 14 x 20-kilo plates each side. It doesn't revolve and is zinc rather than chrome plated. On the 700-kilo bar the knurled section is 28mm thick as opposed to the standard 25-26mm. On my custom bar it's 30mm and the knurling is great.

I also have a 2-inch thick (50mm) 6 foot unknurled bar brought at cost from Stan Pike's Intense Fitness

That is sweet. I bent my 700-lb rated Bodypower bar the first time I ever used it. Having said that, though, it is now my favourite bar - kind of like an old dog, battered but loveable....

Apologies for cluttering up your log!

Not a problem - I enjoy the banter. It will be up on the wall in the gym we want to get. Talking of which we are bidding on a nice peice of memrobelia on ebay for our office/reception to be. I'm not saying what it is cos we want to get it cheap...

Saturday

and so the changes begin

Seated press

10-kilos a side x 8 reps, 20-kilos a side x 6 reps and 32.5-kilos a side x 5 reps

DB curls

as before (3 x 8 x 20+kilos)

C/G Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 32.5-kilos a side x 6 reps and 45-kilos a side x 5 reps (back still aches cos of arch)

I had a verbal offer today from Lewisham Council which should seem me with over £100,000 to buy a new place in Gloucester with. Onwards :D

Monday

Grippers am - with EU comp in mind to take it up a notch

Thick handled dumbbell (for August 27th exhibition) pm.

Damn bars have a slight edge at the end which meant, in spite of vigourous hammering, that I couldn't get the handle on but I realised the short 12-inch bar I have through the adjustable pinch apparatus might be ok and it was so...

30-kilos x 6 x 1 rep each hand easy followed by 80-kilos (with bar, handle and collars a little over 182 lbs) x 4-5 x 1 rep each hand. I had to adjust the collars and tighten up and was then able to match rep for rep my left to my right.

Still feel the occasional twinge from my still bulging disc :(

Tuesday

Just woke after having a sleep when I got back from the gym. I was on fire again! It helped that they had some proper rock music on - always helps :D

Partial deadlifts

1p a side x 6 reps, 3p a side x 6 reps, 5p a side x 4 reps, 8p a side x 2 reps, 9p plus a 15-kilo disc each side x 2 x 1 reps (pulled skin off left palm on 2 single) = 908lbs

Bench machine

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 6 reps and then 45-kilos a side x 5 reps

Lo-row

40-kilos a side 8 reps and then 100-kilos a side x 6 reps

Hi-row

40-kilos a side (cos I worked in) and then 60-kilos a side x 6 reps (and pulled the damn piece of skin off some more - Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing hurt).

Tuesday

Just woke after having a sleep when I got back from the gym. I was on fire again! It helped that they had some proper rock music on - always helps :D

Partial deadlifts

1p a side x 6 reps, 3p a side x 6 reps, 5p a side x 4 reps, 8p a side x 2 reps, 9p plus a 15-kilo disc each side x 2 x 1 reps (pulled skin off left palm on 2 single) = 908lbs

Bench machine

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 30-kilos a side x 6 reps and then 45-kilos a side x 5 reps

Lo-row

40-kilos a side 8 reps and then 100-kilos a side x 6 reps

Hi-row

40-kilos a side (cos I worked in) and then 60-kilos a side x 6 reps (and pulled the damn piece of skin off some more - Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing hurt).

how high was the bar on the partial deadlifts?

I'm using the half rack and when I start with the lighter weights I'm guessing the range of movement is about 6 inches.  For me that's about 8-inches below my hips. By the time proper weight is loaded so the bar starts to bend (the bar I sold them he he - it's a 700-kilo rated Bodypower bar) I need to use a rubber mat (about a 1/2 inch thick) to keep some range of motion. At 9 plates a side plus (380 kilos and over) the range drops down to 3-4 inches as it also pulls down the shoulders. By keeping my back almost 100% straight it becomes only a thigh and grip lift - as it's intended to be.

I was asked last week. That said today someone else was using the half rack and so I used the power rack. The design for both means that I have to keep checking the pins are all the way in after each set. I think the pins were sleightyly higher today and remembered looking in the mirror at what seemed like a 2-inch movement (with the bending of the bar). I'll go back to the half rack (if I can) for the next 4 or so weeks. That way I'll get the range.

What was happening today is that I finally got to where weakness shows and so my left hand was opening up which allowed the bar to drag on the skin.

Steve,

Did you ever find a solution to the problem you had/have of your skin ripping? I know it's inevitable (and half the fun :D ) but I seem to recall you were talking about getting gloves for training in to try and help? Maybe this is in your log and I've just missed it...

If I remember rightly it was using the official one hand lift handle. I'm not using it at all at the mo.

Been busy sorting out finances (note to self - chase up endowment people). Business has been good with nigh on £500.00 today - nice :) However, having problems with the forum on my site - as in no one can log on - grrr :angry:

Wednesday

rest

Thursday

Two hand pinch

needs to come up a lot more now that the pressure is on

Equ x 8 reps, plus 30-kilos x 6 reps (easy), plus 40-kilos x 2 easy reps and plus 50-kilos x 2 attempts :(

V bar

left hand skin tear held me back on top weights and so...

bar plus 20 x 8 reps e/h, plus 55-kilos x 6 reps, plus 95-kilos x 2 reps, then right hand only plus 115-kilos x 2 reps, plus 120-kilos x 2 reps, plus 125-kilos x 1, plus 130-kilos x 1 rep, plus 135-kilos or 305.6 lbs total x 2 attempts (note: using my special technique)

I may have another go either later today or tomorrow am.

Target weights for Eu Comp are now

1. 2 hand pinch: 90-95-kilos (needs to come up)

2. V- Bar: Left x 140 kilos and right x 155-160 kilos (total)

3. One hand lift: 230 kilos-235-kilos left hand and 245-250-kilos right - completely depends on back and not hand strength on the day.

4. Grippers: Left 2.80-3.00 and right as close to a 4 as I can get - 3.8??

5. Bars: If I do well within the rules I think a 250-kilo or it's equivalent is possible.

PM: I had another go at the 2-hand pinch and did as follows.

Two hand pinch

Equ x 8 reps, plus 30-kilos x 4 reps, plus 40-kilos x 1, plus 45-kilos x 1 and plus 50-kilos just off floor (70-kilos+ total).

My hands felt a little shagged after the morning workout but once I was going I felt ok.

Saturday

Out most of yesterday drinking with mates (from 2pm to 11ish) but still ok today ha ha

Seated press

10-kilos a side x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos a side x 6 reps and 33.5-kilos a side x 4 reps

EZ Curls

10-kilos a side x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos a side x 6 reps and 22.5-kilos a side x 6 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 35-kilos a side x 6 reps and 47.5-kilos a side x 4 reps

*Slight discomfort in right shoulder on benching and pressing. Also right forearm has been sore (muscle soreness / d.o.m.s) since Tuesday.

Sunday

r-e-s-t

Monday

2.5-inch thick handled dumbbell

40-kilos+ x 8 reps e/hand, 90-kilos+ x 5 reps right and 5 attempts left, dropped to 82.5-kilos+ x 3 reps and 2 attempts.

Grippers

Just back from the gym and boy am I Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ed. I tore the same patch of skin as last time and had to have some tissue in my hand when working out and still had to wipe some blood off of one of the machines (hi-row).

Anyway...

Monday

Partial deadlifts

0p x 6 reps, 3p a side x 6 reps, 5p a side x 4 reps, 8p a side x 1 rep (skin already torn) and 9p a side plus 11.25-kilos x 2 x 1 rep (would have done 10p a side but hand bleeding). On the last few singles I was only holding for a second. It needs to be longer.

Bench press mch

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 35-kilos a side x 6 reps and 47.5-kilos a side x 4 reps

Lo-row

40-kilos a side x 8 reps and 102.5-kilos a side x 6 reps

Hi-row

20-kilos a side x 8 reps and 61.25-kilos a side x 5 reps

Spent most of today looking for my passport which I am sure I put 'somewhere safe' - yeahhhh riggghhtt. So bloody safe I can't find it Sheesh. I'll keep looking for a day or two and then if need be get a replacement. Grrr.

Still waiting, rather irritatingly, on a final price for our new soon to be released if they get their fingers out product.

Spent most of today looking for my passport which I am sure I put 'somewhere safe' - yeahhhh riggghhtt. So bloody safe I can't find it Sheesh. I'll keep looking for a day or two and then if need be get a replacement. Grrr.

I need it for the trip to Sweden which I booked this morning. I have a few weeks left to kick ass and am hoping for a top three place :D

Still waiting, rather irritatingly, on a final price for our new soon to be released if they get their fingers out product.

Also trying to get an affiliate scheme in place. No need for points or codes or such just a simple link which the signee bangs on as much as possible about on their site and each sale generates a %. Our average sales varies but is normally over £50.00 (£51.45 per order in May for example).

I have the same in reverse with the guys at London Kettlebells and their sale average is lower than ours and we make between 70p and £2.50 per sale with them by having a link on our site and occasionally mentioning it in our newsletter or when asked for a gripper site.

If we set our commision at 5% and a site generated just three sales a week (probably more) they could easily make £390.00 per year for HAVING A LINK!!!!

Don't worry, you will find your passport - once you have your replacement passport in your hand, the old one will turn up. It's always like that when one forgets the genious and secure places. :D

Reading your workout reports is always fun and inspiring!

Good luck in the last few weeks of preparation for the Europeans!

//Jim

Edited by jimcg