Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Of course it's true it's the same for everyone - I just would have liked to have seen what was possible - ie: 150-kilo plus. As for the bending giving me first... maybe but others may have had to work harder and so it would have been closer still...

But I thank you just the same.

Steve

After the event...

Being both tired and lazy we all scarpered as quickly as possible with Arne urging as on 'my wife says to hurry or the food will be ruined'. One or two of the guys went straight home and the rest jumped into a few cars and drove the short distance to Arne's house for a slap up meal.

Like at the GGC I began hoovering up food, espcially pasta and frankfurters. Add to that the small barrel of German beer and within 20 minutes or so I was beginning to feel a little less tired and a lot more full of real food.

Arne's house is real nice and his wife had done a load of food for us all to eat.

I have to blame the Germans, esp Frankboy, for my extra fatigue on Sunday. Arne brought out a big box of Robert Baraban grippers and they were handing them to me and saying 'can you test this one, and this one, and this one?'. Enjoying the limelight I would go over to a security lamp and close the grippers under the light so all could see... :oops:

Add to that the bars they also handed me, including stock which had been decided was too hard for the competition (the only bar I didn't U shape was an IM red) and you can understand why so much was aching the next day. All too soon it was midnight and we were off to our hotels for a well earned shower and bed.

Burkacht was up early as the Germans had a 700-1000 km drive to look forward to (ouch!) and once we were fed and watered Theo, Yvonne and I went off for a little siteseeing. We did the 'look there's the sea' and then carried on until we arrived at Malmo. With poor Yvonne on crutches it was a struggle for her.

Malmo was quiet when we arrived but soon livened up as they had a annual Malmo festival on and there were stands, music and markets all over the place. We brought ourselves some t-shirts for fun (see pic) and had something to eat. We then made our way to Lund which was very quiet and sleepy so went back towards town to buy some more food and snacks for later. Somehow a few beers were included...

I think it was mostly in Malmo that the local Mosquitos took a fancy to our lifters strong blood and we were slowly getting eaten alive.

We tried to get into the pizzeria but it was a 40 minute wait! While we queued their phone was ringing non-stop and so it must be the best in town. We found another place and enjoyed a meal and yet more chat there.

For me the weekend was coming to a close and so, in spite of the bites, I sat out in garden at our B&B and chilled for a whiole before sharing a beer or three with Theo.

Arne kindly collected me early and I was able to catch myflight with time to spare.

To the next time...

Steve, Don't you remember the v bar at the British champs? That didn't have a lot of seasoning either. Between events I was trying to add more chalk to it but it was hard to retain this during the event due to the 1 inch plates being used. You are right though - al the competitors are in the same boat under those circumstances

No doubt about it. Also Johan and I think another of the Swedes would wire brush the chalk off - din't help them though ha ha. :D

No doubt about it. Also Johan and I think another of the Swedes would wire brush the chalk off - din't help them though ha ha. :D

Plus all the people sloooooowly drawing their hands around it without chalk :trout

Great report! But I recommend you stay inside next time at the evening, those mosquito bites where *ewwww* ;)

Had a nice touch today. I was getting myself some nails to bend (for Saturday) and a pick-axe handle for the levering events. I've used the same local shop before and having had a chat he asks what I'm using the nails for.

I said I'll bend em and give them to the kids at the event on the weekend. Anyway he only lets me have them for nowt 'for the kids'. Touch :)

Those kids won't be forgetting that for the rest of their lives. Nice Steve!

I spent most of Sunday completely resting for a change and pretty much the same today. However, this evening I did some levering work in light of my entry into the Champion of Champion event in November.

I have decided I need the money more than the kudos (unless I win the lotto natch) and so will not be spending the $900.00 or so for travel etc to and from the GGC event. I'll take a light week this week and then plan on being ready to rock come the C.o.C. event. A little birdy tells me that Mr Horne is doing 7.5-kilos to his head - all I can say is OW! I tried a lot lighter than that and it hurts.

So...

Monday (PM)

Lever to head (GGC style rules)

- with handle only x reps each hand

- plus collar/bar (6lbs total) x 4-5 reps each hand

Weaver stick style

- handle x 6 reps each hand

- plus / plus 1 kilo (8.2lbs) each hand

Rotations

- handle only 2 x 6 reps each hand.

What are you using for the levering. Actual hammers or something else?

Had a nice touch today. I was getting myself some nails to bend (for Saturday) and a pick-axe handle for the levering events. I've used the same local shop before and having had a chat he asks what I'm using the nails for.

I said I'll bend em and give them to the kids at the event on the weekend. Anyway he only lets me have them for nowt 'for the kids'. Touch :)

:whistel

Thanks for the info ;) You Northern Pikey! or was it monkey?

Good times! Gotta see that one again!

Tuesday

Grippers

inc a drop down on the last left and right hand work to timed holds.

Left hand wrist aching after yesterdays easy light work with the leverage.

Tomorrow I'm off to the council to argue my service charges.

Well I'm quietly confident that it went well - enough to have a spring in my step when I left ha ha. My argument that the four disputed years are for more than those both before and after and for identical amounts must amount to a cock-up seemed to clinch it. I'm hoping the asked for £1371.06 will transform into around £850.00.

I've been busy today trying to get the last few bugs ironed out on our site for today's official launch of our flavoured protein powder as well as waiting on the uploading of our paid for affiliate software.

Finally I have been trying to work out a game plan for the Champion of Champions event David Horne is holding in Stafford on the 12th of November. I'm starting of lightish for a week or two and then aiming to be within a few kilos of the top poundages in 10 or so weeks. The plan is to train all the events 2x a week and still have Wednesdays and Sundays as rest days.

First the lifts

1. Vbar

2. 1 hand lift

3. Two Hands Pinch lift

4. Hammer lever event

5. Grippers for time

Then the day-by-day layout

Sunday: rest

Monday: 2HP, lever, grippers (max strength)

Tuesday: partial deadlift, bench, lo-row, hi-row

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: v-bar, lever, grippers (timed holds)

Friday: 2HP

Saturday: v-bar, press, curls, bench

Finally the target poundages

I wont be keeping the diary here. Most of my competitors don't and I intend giving nothing away or making too many grand plans etc. I will keep a log, but not on this site. Cest la' vie. :kiss

I think i should get registered at mick hart's site then ;)

Better make those v-bar session one light and one heavy.. Otherwise there will be no skin left!!

Did you place grippers last on training days because of the course of events?

Oh, and: ' REAl men SQUAT!!!'

Wow, information overkill ;)

Steve, what have you managed with the hammer so far? I just watched the Diesel instructional video. I reckon you should do pretty well considering your powerful weaver sticker performances in the past :)

Without giving anything away it has started slow. I did it 2x last week and will be training it two times every week. My first session was a real struggle and the second a tad less. I trained it again yesterday and nigh on doubled what I had done the week before. I'm confident that, as you and David have both said, I'll do very well on this. I hear David is at 7.5-kilos+ I think that's doable and with some icing on :D

I am reliably informed (although given what I did I begin to wonder) that weight I was able to thumbless one hand deadlift today, on the first time of trying, is a good weight.

I am reliably informed (although given what I did I begin to wonder) that weight I was able to thumbless one hand deadlift today, on the first time of trying, is a good weight.

What did you lift?