Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Following a shoulders and arms workout and with my back twinging a little...

R/Thunder (all no chalk)

B/H: 60-kilos x 3 reps, 80-kilos x 3 reps

L/H: 102.5-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 115-kilos (261 lbs total) x 3 x 1 reps

Sunday

Grippers

On the left hand I missed one or two solid reps as I felt the gripper wasn't quite in the sweet high spot it needed to be. I also missed the last rep or so on both hands as trhe power went then. I may try doing a four to six rep range rather than an 8. I have enough grippers for small steps rather than, like with the CoC range, needing higher reps to take the bigger steps.

B/H: CoC 1 x 6 ns reps, HG200 x 6 ns reps

L/H: CoC 2 x 1, HG300 x 1, 1, 1, 1, N, N, N, 0. (N = near but no cigar)

R/H: CoC 3 x 1, BBE x 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0.

R/Thunder (all no chalk)

I saw a post of Oldtime/oldtimers and decided to go down the no chalk route permantly. I may even go so far as to buy a new handle at some point.

R/Thunder (all no chalk)

I saw a post of Oldtime/oldtimers and decided to go down the no chalk route permantly. I may even go so far as to buy a new handle at some point.

I also like using no chalk on the RT. I seem to get a better grip. Great numbers on your RT workouts...keep it coming big man :rock

Mob,

Can you lift more without chalk? If so, how much? Do you go as far as washing your hands before each lift?

I can lift the same and no. I just really rub my hands together. More than that is anal and pointless (I lift more than those who do it).

I tried several RTs.

Some of them like chalk some don't.

Btw. Very nice values over there Mobster. :rock

Shoulder still aching grrrr

Wednesday

Grippers

as per then

L/H: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 HG300

R/H: 1,1,1,1,1, N, N, 1, N, 1, N BBE

• 2 weeks later...

Grippers

warm up with CoC 1, HG200, CoC 2 and (for right hand) HG300 and CoC 3

L/H: HG300 x 3 x 1 reps. No problems. BBGM x 4 x 1 ok reps (about 1/8-1/4 of an inch from closing).

R/H: BBE x 3 x 1 reps followed by BBSE x 4 x 1 (first one 2mm off, others a little wider apart).

Wednesday am

Grippers

warmed up as per: B/H: CoC 1 x 6 reps, Hg200 x 1, CoC2 x 1 then

L/H: HG300 x 3 x 1, BBGM x 3 x 1 x all near (1/4 of an inch or less)

RH: CoC 3 x 1, BBE x 3 x 1, BBSE x N, VN, N (near = 1/4-inch or very near = 1/8th of an inch or less)

Rolling Thunder (to be done later).

With Mikes handle being harder I'm gonna do 2 sessions. One is with his handle on Wednesdays - ie: new handle is harder and so the weights will be that much harder to lift but closer to event poundages. On Fridays I'm using my old handle so as to get used to the feel of 120+ kilos hanging at the end of my hands.

I am getting old dude. The back is much better than it was last summer but I'm waiting for my Euro-Millions win (£100,000,000.00 this week) to come in so that I can get it massaged weekly. My right shoulder, which I somehow hurt two weeks ago (still not sure how) is about 50% better and my left hand clicks and aches until it's warmed up when I do grippers.

Steve

Wednesday pm

When I win the Euro-Millions lotto I'm getting a few thick handles and someone can expend their energy setting the bloody things up. It takes me as long to get it ready as it does to lift it. Anyway...

Thick handled dumbbell deadlift

R/H: 107.5-kilos (= to 244lbs) x 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1 (all tilted)

L/H: 90-kilos (= to 206lbs) x 1, 2, 2, 1 (all tilted)

Apparently the jackpot for the Euromillions will be £125m next week.... amazing. In anotrher thread I say I'm gonna win it and boy you wanna see my gym as and when I do. But I've got £5000 set aside now for the weights and equipment I want to put in a gym. Mike and I (biz partner) are hoping to get a big old unit across the road from where I live. £5000 would buy me some toys for sure.

Great job Steve!! :rock

I've closed an BBSE in competition before but not my unseasoned BBSE. I want to get it to the same level as my BBE and then move up to a BBGE then a CoC 4. I'f I can get my left hand to a BBGM 6-8 x 1 I may be able to do a CoC 3 x 1.

Sunday - am

Grippers

as per then

L/H: GM x N, N, N, crap

R/H: BBSE x 1*, VN, VN, VVN.

Great job on shutting your BBSE :rock

R/Thunder (all no chalk)

Damn, that's amazing dude. :mosher

On an old handle. On a new handle less. I'm training with two now so as to get the new handle weight to match the old in time for a competition in March.

On an old handle. On a new handle less. I'm training with two now so as to get the new handle weight to match the old in time for a competition in March.

When and where is this comp then Mob?

March and Bexhill. I'm still waiting on the date but had this from Colin at the weekend: By the way, the Rolling thunder thing looks like being a goer for late march. Will let you know in a couple of days.