Tiziano's scale is set to 'lbs' yet he claims it's 'kgs'

bruce1337

@Tiziano Becchio I do feel like this is actually straight-forward and has gone on too long. 

The readily available scale has a definite layout that does not appear to vary by market. Clear images taken from the training videos confirm the known layout. The scale can be observed as set to pounds on lifts presented as kilograms.

The question is, "What are we misunderstanding about the scale?" The answer is either something or nothing.

If there is something and you have not told us by now, that seems awfully stubborn. If there is nothing, I'm sorry, you got caught. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stranger said:

If he doesn't it mostly likely proves that he lied about those lifts and @bruce1337 is the Batman of grip. (worlds greatest detective , memes to come 😉

For sure, here is the first one.

Detective @bruce1337 collecting evidences:

• Haha 3

@PHATMUSCLE COACHING@Tiziano Becchio

I've defended Tiziano arguably more than, or just as much as, anyone else on this board - even possibly to my own detriment. I've never outright accused him of anything, but rather have always given him the benefit of the doubt, and have made every attempt to represent him fairly, especially when he has been absent and unable to defend himself.

I've had countless private conversations with him, helped share his messages when he was unable to login, and have tried to help facilitate him regaining access to his accounts. I chose to support him and take him at his word in our private conversations, when few else would, even in the midst of personally encountering what seemed like red flags. I'm not saying this for any sympathy or out of pride, but rather to demonstrate that I am the last person that would question him unfairly.

In the past year plus, which all began with this post from November 16, 2022, wherein he claimed he could close a CoC 4 at 139 lbs bodyweight, we have waited patiently and given him ample time to bolster his claims. We've made concessions and even formulated potential explanations on his behalf that could account for his profound, unprecedented strength, and have allowed additional time for him to attend a competition, provide an in-person witness, or merely produce further video footage that could remove all doubt. None of this has been done hastily, or unfairly. In fact, it has objectively been extremely lenient and kind, given the extraordinary nature of his claims.

No one is doubting him unfairly, or doubting your legitimacy as a coach, or anything of the sort. All of the deflection in the world will never validate his claims, but rather further shroud him in doubt and scrutinity. At some point, the proof is in the pudding, and world record claims require immense proof in order to be validated. Guinness World Records doesn't put people in their record books whom they have not witnessed performing a feat in person, in front of critical judges - to do so would undermine their entire company, history, and authenticity.

What we ask for is just, fair, and even simple. We ask for further video showing his scale in operation, and in the realm of grippers, we ask for an in-person witness. If I had the money, I'd gladly fly to Italy myself and be the witness. Finding a reliable local witness less than a few hours drive away should not be difficult, at all. Even performing his closes on a zoom call with discerning judges would only take 10 minutes of his time, and little effort.

This is the only possible solution going forward, and anything short of this will only cast further doubt on his legitimacy. If he is able to prove his gripper closes are legitimate, he will be showered with the appropriate applause and praise that is due for such an otherworldly feat, and no one will ever question him again. But if he refuses, such a profound world record claim shouldn't rationally be taken at face value. One could not expect anything else and remain truthful - to have such an unreasonable belief would border on insanity.

Even if some of his feats come out as fraudulent, I will forgive him. We will all likely forgive him, and encourage him on his grip journey. It's possible that he still has world class grip strength, even world record grip strength, amongst any potential fraud. All the more reason to present his case openly and honestly.

It's never too late for redemption, forgiveness, or apology. Whether from him, or all of us here in the grip community.

There is a time and purpose for everything, under the sun. The time now is for proof, or admission. Nothing else. No excuses. No deflection. No running away. Just action, proof, or apology. He doesn't just owe it to us, but to himself.

Thank you.

• Like 9

The last post is honourable.

The questioning of my integrity as a coach got my back up a little earlier in the thread, I wasn't bragging about my client list more stating that away from this board and amongst the pros in sports, I am the go to "grip guy". Famous people using me as their coach wasn't a flex,  it was more to clarify this.

I have invited Tiz to my gym - he will lift on the implements that are well known on my Instagram page. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PHATMUSCLE COACHING said:

The last post is honourable.

The questioning of my integrity as a coach got my back up a little earlier in the thread, I wasn't bragging about my client list more stating that away from this board and amongst the pros in sports, I am the go to "grip guy". Famous people using me as their coach wasn't a flex,  it was more to clarify this.

I have invited Tiz to my gym - he will lift on the implements that are well known on my Instagram page. 

We have been bothering him for a witness for almost 2 years. I am willing to bet he will NEVER perform in front of anyone. 

Anyone could be fooled. Even world class coaches. Your responses were not tasteful, but I understand why you responded the way you did. Until he goes to a comp, or closes legit grippers in front of someone who tests them themself, he is just a random with a camera who cheated. 

I'd even argue, at this point if he performed in front of you, the results could not be trustworthy because you are a coach with invested interest. He needs an unbiased 3rd party. 

• Like 3

If there ever was a forum option to “Not Follow” a topic, this would qualify for me.

10 minutes ago, richcottrell said:

If there ever was a forum option to “Not Follow” a topic, this would qualify for me.

We're so different, this is so entertaining I almost canceled my Netflix subscription 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Bragging about your other clients (and in older threads, bragging about how much money you make off them) doesn't make tiziano's lifts legitimate

If I weigh myself on his scale I'll be 185 kg lol

And you're the last person that should be proving his authenticity, you have a financial and reputational interest in making him seem legit, you aren't after the truth, someone unbiased needs to verify

Edited by C8Myotome
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Jared P said:

@PHATMUSCLE COACHING@Tiziano Becchio

What we ask for is just, fair, and even simple. We ask for further video showing his scale in operation, and in the realm of grippers, we ask for an in-person witness. If I had the money, I'd gladly fly to Italy myself and be the witness. Finding a reliable local witness less than a few hours drive away should not be difficult, at all. Even performing his closes on a zoom call with discerning judges would only take 10 minutes of his time, and little effort.

My comments here are not a joke. I am willing to pay, in advance $100 (One Hundred US Dollars) for a fund to send  money directly to David Wigren to personally witness whatever it takes for David Wigren to provide a report that Tiziano Becchio is a legitimate IronMind Captains of Crush 3.5 closer. That's all I care about. I don't care about anything else written on this forum. I just want to know that one feat. 

I know $100.00 is not enough for David's time or expenses, but I am hoping that someone/anyone will join in, whether it be $5 or $500. I remember about 10 years ago, Richard Sorin was offering $1,000 for the first woman to Certify on the IM CoC #3, and I joined in to add $100. HIs offer was good for one year. My offer expires on the 20th anniversary of my joining the Gripboard, which is in early June, 2024. 

Thank you. 

Hubgeezer

California, USA

(Enough of you know my real name, but I like to avoid it on the Internet wherever possible)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hubgeezer said:

My comments here are not a joke. I am willing to pay, in advance $100 (One Hundred US Dollars) for a fund to send  money directly to David Wigren to personally witness whatever it takes for David Wigren to provide a report that Tiziano Becchio is a legitimate IronMind Captains of Crush 3.5 closer. That's all I care about. I don't care about anything else written on this forum. I just want to know that one feat. 

I know $100.00 is not enough for David's time or expenses, but I am hoping that someone/anyone will join in, whether it be $5 or $500. I remember about 10 years ago, Richard Sorin was offering $1,000 for the first woman to Certify on the IM CoC #3, and I joined in to add $100. HIs offer was good for one year. My offer expires on the 20th anniversary of my joining the Gripboard, which is in early June, 2024. 

Thank you. 

Hubgeezer

California, USA

(Enough of you know my real name, but I like to avoid it on the Internet wherever possible)

I was actually getting ready to post something similar, funnily enough.

I was going to ask @PHATMUSCLE COACHING if we could get a local person from the UK, or crowd-fund one of the Swedes to travel to his gym to act as an unbiased third-party witness, would he agree to let them meet up.

I'd gladly chip in to help David Wigren get there, and I'm sure many others would as well.

• Like 3

I'd chip in myself to get him to the UK to verify infront of me. 

And to the post above that suggested I'd lie for him, I've 75 other clients that promote me. 

I may be the most arrogant strength coach to have ever lived (if you were me, you would be, too) , but one thing I am not is a liar.

I've told you here before "grip" as in "inner circle gripboard" doesn't pay my wages, professional athletes do. So I have no vested interest in it as such. I can tell you exactly how much work I got as result of Tiz' #4 close. Nothing. Not a penny. However when my clients win farmers walks at international events, I usually find myself sitting in the sun cocktail in hand for a few weeks off the back of the influx of work.

Edited by PHATMUSCLE COACHING
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 2

Sam is helping me with my squat and overall powerlifting.  I can say he is of high character, and he wouldn't risk his business to pull some bullshit on the grip community.  If Tiz would be willing to go to the UK, we shouldn't be picky.  Sam would have other strong and knowledgeable people there that would be able to understand the lifts and provide a good witness of grip strength.  Hell, some of our gripboard members are probably a stone's throw away from Sam's gym.

Also, Sam and I have spoken and we definitely have different perspectives on the scale issue, so don't try and rope me into the conspiracy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dubyagrip said:

Sam is helping me with my squat and overall powerlifting.  I can say he is of high character, and he wouldn't risk his business to pull some bullshit on the grip community.  If Tiz would be willing to go to the UK, we shouldn't be picky.  Sam would have other strong and knowledgeable people there that would be able to understand the lifts and provide a good witness of grip strength.  Hell, some of our gripboard members are probably a stone's throw away from Sam's gym.

Thanks bro. It gets my back up when people question my integrity,  I'm a very well known coach and wouldn't risk my entire livelihood for a place where no work will be generated from.

Anyone is welcome to come to my work gym to see that my implements are legit. More people the better. We have a great crew.

One member here, Phil Walker, got his first ever inch lift with me last week.

I love grip, I've trained it for 2 decades now. Hubgeezer here has met me in person. I was mogging #3s back then (nearly 20 years ago ha ha) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PHATMUSCLE COACHING said:

I love grip, I've trained it for 2 decades now. Hubgeezer here has met me in person. I was mogging #3s back then (nearly 20 years ago ha ha) 

Yes, I am one of the few Americans who has.

For the record, I kicked his arse on the One Inch Vertical Bar. 😎 It was vice versa (only worse) on the One Hand Lift.😟

18 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Stacks can easily be made to look bigger than they are. I believe most of the weights are bumper plates.

The image attached is a rough calculation on the plate math. If we assume the largest plate is 20kg bumper, the the two above (which are thinner) can be estimated to 15kg. The top plate could be either 5 or 10kg. Below the 20kg is one very thin bumper (because of the rough matt texture) we assume to be 5kg plus the bottom plate is part of the loading pin of unknown weight.

Total weight is 60-75kg (130-165 lbs)

Even if I were to give Tiziano the benefit of the doubt and assume all plates were 20kg, it would total 120kg including the loading pin. So something is off here.

AddText_01-22-07.58.14.png

On his Saxon lift, those seem to be at least 25 lb plates on each side. So if those aren’t fake weights, maybe the scale is screwy.

2 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Thank you. 

Hubgeezer

California, USA

I’d chip in. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PHATMUSCLE COACHING said:

I'm off to do what I do best which is get rich coaching the best athletes in the world.

Do your UK clients pay you in pounds and Italian clients pay you in kg?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, PHATMUSCLE COACHING said:

I'd chip in myself to get him to the UK to verify infront of me. 

And to the post above that suggested I'd lie for him, I've 75 other clients that promote me. 

I may be the most arrogant strength coach to have ever lived (if you were me, you would be, too) , but one thing I am not is a liar.

I've told you here before "grip" as in "inner circle gripboard" doesn't pay my wages, professional athletes do. So I have no vested interest in it as such. I can tell you exactly how much work I got as result of Tiz' #4 close. Nothing. Not a penny. However when my clients win farmers walks at international events, I usually find myself sitting in the sun cocktail in hand for a few weeks off the back of the influx of work.

Wouldn't the cheapest option be to get GBI to verify him? He also lives in Italy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Thank you. 

Hubgeezer

California, USA

I can pitch in 50$ upfront to send David to Italy to report 😂 

2 days ago I would have said Sam would be a credible witness but with the display of not giving a f**k about anyting but money he seems like a bad witness because he seems easily bribeable. 

But there's many i trust that can go witness this at sam's place so the idea in it self is not bad. Phil Walker for one. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Lennix said:

I can pitch in 50$ upfront to send David to Italy to report 😂 

2 days ago I would have said Sam would be a credible witness but with the display of not giving a f**k about anyting but money he seems like a bad witness because he seems easily bribeable. 

But there's many i trust that can go witness this at sam's place so the idea in it self is not bad. Phil Walker for one. 

I will also chip in $50 for someone credible to go visit him. Whether it be Wiggy or someone else. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 10:15 AM, Hubgeezer said:

I guarantee that this forum has ZERO influence on an IRONMIND CERTIFICATION, absolutely ZERO.

Yup!  

• Like 1

Yeah, with that Instagram post on your story @PHATMUSCLE COACHING insulting the gripboard, you're the LAST person I'd want to see as a witness for tiziano. You threw all credibility out the window. 

The level of maturity you've displayed surprises me you get any clientele.

• Like 11

This is popcorn worthy. And not just regular popcorn, I’m talking big metal can with three different flavors of popcorn. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Yeah, with that Instagram post on your story @PHATMUSCLE COACHING insulting the gripboard, you're the LAST person I'd want to see as a witness for tiziano. You threw all credibility out the window. 

The level of maturity you've displayed surprises me you get any clientele.

With some of the posts here and other ones I've had to hide/delete, no one looks very mature here, either.  Which is why I've been telling everyone to chill out.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

With some of the posts here and other ones I've had to hide/delete, no one looks very mature here, either.  Which is why I've been telling everyone to chill out.

Agreed. Lets keep the emotions in check and stick to the facts at hand.

• Like 1