Tiziano's scale is set to 'lbs' yet he claims it's 'kgs'

bruce1337

6 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

It's more than that at this point. It has to be

1. A calibrated plate from a well known source.

2. He not only weighs the plate but himself

3. He switches between lb and kg to show both values present

4. He does his lift, weighs it, and shows it clearly.

5. This is all corroborated with a witness who is also filming to make sure theres no video editing happening.

Then will his lift be legitimate in my opinion. Or he could just going a grip comp and smoke everybody. Either one works for me and ill never question his ability again. I will become a die hard believer in his strength.

Since hes so strong he could attempt a 120kg vbar lift easily. Or 120kg stilus. 25kg megahub perhaps. Take 90-95% of your PRs and make it look easy. 

Obviously calibrated weights with a witness would be best but I thought we were trying to find out if it was set to lbs or kg's during those lifts? 

The method I said would take a few minutes and there's no excuses if he can't or doesnt want to replicate the lifts (or get close to them) . 

• Like 3

This is exactly the kind of concrete evidence we were all waiting and looking for, thank you bruce. The scale issue was presented clearly and in great detail, and barring any attempts at showing the scale in operation on video from Tiziano, seems damning. One issue with the blobs I noticed a few weeks ago, was that his videos would end abruptly right before removing his thumb or hand (reminiscent of the foul play with the adhesives used in the King Kong grip incident).

Will have to look further into the claims about the CoC 3.5 video, as well as how he might have possibly cheated the GHP 9 and GM certification videos, or any grip closes in general. Those ones appear much more difficult to manipulate, though some sort of undetectable edit, or manipulation of handles, seems like the only possible method. Vano stated that the GM grippers were not manipulated, upon close inspection, and the video clearly shows the handles being closed. How he could have possibly cheated these, I have no idea.

Even if these gripper closes were somehow manipulated also, I'm curious to know what his actual strength for grippers is (as well as his actual bodyweight), as it could still be record territory. If he can legitimately block set a GHP 8 at his bodyweight, for instance, that would still far outperform the best known s/bw ratio, which would make any cheating all the more unfortunate. But I suppose we'll have no way of getting this information on what his true strength is, considering his refusal to ever prove it. A shame.

• Like 2

If someone lied about lifts why would you even believe gripper closes?

• Like 2

Sounds to me you just want his closes on your list lmao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

If someone lied about lifts why would you even believe gripper closes?

I give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, as is only fair.

It's certainly possible, maybe even probable, that he has faked some of his gripper closes - the question is simply, which ones? how? and to which level? I'd be more curious to know what his actual strength is for gripper closes, considering his bodyweight. Bruce stated before that he believed it was his GHP 8 certification, which is still a physical anomaly and by far the highest strength to bodyweight ratio ever recorded (assuming his claimed 140 lb bodyweight is also real).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jared P said:

It's certainly possible, maybe even probable, that he has faked some of his gripper closes - the question is simply, which ones? how? and to which level? I'd be more curious to know what his actual strength is for gripper closes, considering his bodyweight. Bruce stated before that he believed it was his GHP 8 certification, which is still a physical anomaly and by far the highest strength to bodyweight ratio ever recorded (assuming his claimed 140 lb bodyweight is also real).

Go ahead. But you also said in 3-6 months if he doesn't have a witness you'd take it off the list. 

Gonna keep on that promise?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Londonjoseph said:

Sounds to me you just want his closes on your list lmao 

I couldn't care less about that "list". It was merely for fun. I'm more than happy to remove his name from the list.

Such a list won't really be necessary in the future, as a new Mash Monster certification in lb increments would better serve that purpose, alongside the existing IM, GM, and GHP certifications.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jared P said:

I couldn't care less about that "list". It was merely for fun. I'm more than happy to remove his name from the list.

Such a list won't really be necessary in the future, as a new Mash Monster certification in lb increments would better serve that purpose, alongside the existing IM, GM, and GHP certifications.

Ok then, if you don't care about it then someone who lied should be removed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Londonjoseph said:

Ok then, if you don't care about it then someone who lied should be removed 

It hasn't been proven yet that he lied about any of his grippers closes.

However, enough time has passed wherein he has not provided any further support for his videos alone (and does not seem willing to do so, by his own admission), and given the context surrounding his other grip lifts and videos, that until any further substantial evidence is submitted (such as an in-person witness, or high quality videos that remove all reasonable doubt), I believe it is more than fair to remove his name from the list for the time being. I will do so now.

• Like 1

The validity of his gripper closes is outside of the scope of this post. Whether he faked the gripper close or not is irrelevant.  

Edited by bruce1337
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Just go to a comp my dawg, seems ez enough to me

Yeah, this seems like a very reasonable way to combat the accusations.  Sell $1000 worth of grip equipment if necessary.  Then travel to a contest.  

I can honestly say I wouldn't be pissed at all if I was in his shoes.  I'd either prove it by going to a contest and PROVING MY STRENGTH or realize that if I didn't prove it, I'd be seen as a fake.  If THAT bothered me, I'd be more inclined to prove it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiziano Becchio said:

So guys, today I'll make a point. each of you knows how available I have been privately and otherwise to demonstrate your doubts and I admit that I really wanted to be part of this community

I gave more tests than any other athlete who does the same things I do.

Even live

Even live etc

I don't want to be accepted anymore, do everything in your power to make my image negative and to deprive me of records, I won't oppose it anymore

You can't fight windmills

As I have already said other times, anyone who wants to see my journey will find their answers in my profile as always.

Everyone else, have fun

And no offense anyway

You are truly clinical paranoids

I would get help.

As @dubyagrip and others have mentioned it really is the scale that is questionable. Instead of running away, putting the scale issue to rest would be the easiest thing to do. I've looked at your profile and not found the answers. All that is really needed is a lift where you change the scale between LB and KG (I understand where @bruce1337is coming from with wanting more but at the bare minimum the scale aspect is an odd thing to not try to disprove if Bruce were wrong). I understand that many have questioned your abilities but the scale seems like an odd thing to take a stand on and not disprove. Taking the "poor me" stance and running away isn't a great look.

Also, good job @bruce1337, that's the kind of evidence that should be presented when talking about stuff like this. Often when questioning claims people just start slinging crap but you brought some legit proof and that's commendable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jared P said:

This is exactly the kind of concrete evidence we were all waiting and looking for, thank you bruce. The scale issue was presented clearly and in great detail, and barring any attempts at showing the scale in operation on video from Tiziano, seems damning. One issue with the blobs I noticed a few weeks ago, was that his videos would end abruptly right before removing his thumb or hand (reminiscent of the foul play with the adhesives used in the King Kong grip incident).

Will have to look further into the claims about the CoC 3.5 video, as well as how he might have possibly cheated the GHP 9 and GM certification videos, or any grip closes in general. Those ones appear much more difficult to manipulate, though some sort of undetectable edit, or manipulation of handles, seems like the only possible method. Vano stated that the GM grippers were not manipulated, upon close inspection, and the video clearly shows the handles being closed. How he could have possibly cheated these, I have no idea.

Even if these gripper closes were somehow manipulated also, I'm curious to know what his actual strength for grippers is (as well as his actual bodyweight), as it could still be record territory. If he can legitimately block set a GHP 8 at his bodyweight, for instance, that would still far outperform the best known s/bw ratio, which would make any cheating all the more unfortunate. But I suppose we'll have no way of getting this information on what his true strength is, considering his refusal to ever prove it. A shame.

It IS VERY DIFFICULT TO cheat GMC certification. Vano is an extremely strict judge in all aspects. Even I did not receive confirmation of my result a couple of times due to insufficient visibility of the contact of the handles. Therefore, we either have a grip genius or video editing genius. In any case, Tiziano is a talent.

In his place, I would first of all f**k up all the unbelievers, doing it all not just clearly enough, but in a live broadcast)

Edited by SeNoLD
  • Like 6

I've wanted to believe Tiziano and have thought that some people here have been pretty harsh on him, convos in threads bordering on bullying which isn't cool. But faking lifts is just weird dude. Playing the victim and going on weird rants is not going to convince people that you aren't lying, especially with pretty convincing evidence here. Just do like a 30 second video showing it's not fake or just stop posting stuff. It's not like people are breaking down your door trying to mess with you. You're posting things here of your own free will and they look fake, so people are going to say something 🙄

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jared P said:

Bruce stated before that he believed it was his GHP 8 certification, which is still a physical anomaly and by far the highest strength to bodyweight ratio ever recorded (assuming his claimed 140 lb bodyweight is also real).

I feel like we've all possibly been "gripfished" - the grip catfished equivalent.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You'd think for something to carry on for two years when it could be proven in about 30secs just doesn't  make a whole lot of sense to me. 

interesting to see where this goes if at all

Edited by ZRMMA
  • Like 2

Woops

Edited by stranger
.d

1 hour ago, Mashmonster268 said:

I feel like we've all possibly been "gripfished" - the grip catfished equivalent.  🤣

Not all, Brother!

• Haha 2

I actually am shocked to see this evidence was needed to make the unelected Tiziano lawyers doubt him. People kept asking @Londonjoseph and others why do you doubt Tiziano.

I already gave him my amazing offer (Dubai offer) and he refused. That must be alarming. Heck his weight to strength ratio is out of this world. Guys, to keep it simple, imagine a 60 or 70 KG man claiming to beat Eddie Hall deadlift record or Hussain Rezazadeh / Lasha Talakhadze C&J record. It is that simple. There are no complications. It won't happen unless in a sci-fi future or black magic past.

I have been long enough in strength games, around the strongest people to know how strength works, who can achieve what, and who cares to be on a list that a handful of people around the world see. Heck even strong people (like silverback-ex member) who still faked a lift or close when in reality they are strong enough to achieve it with training. Silverback also competed and did very well, but nowhere close to his online videos.

Our man is another Gazza, Timmy, or Kinney. Extraordinary strength on video, not so much in real life in front of a credible witness. I have seen it a lot over the years. Never say "oh I had hopes in him because he was our hope to gain more strength". Guys, really -__-' ?!

If anyone is too simple to believe this, then stay simple. I (neither anyone else) won't argue with simple Jack. Until then, our man can prove himself if he really wants it and I will publicly apologize, but we know that won't happen.

• Like 10

It's impressive that not a single word in response was to address the actual reasonable complaints, but rather deflect, avoid and misdirect any and all truthful discussion, followed by a metaphorical picking the ball up and going home.

The reality is with those numbers he could be absolutely smoking your weight bracket at any grip contest yet refuses at every opportunity to do anything in person, including skmeone offering to reimburse him to fly out dubai or wherever if he proved his feats

• Like 5

Takes longer to write out these replies than it would to do a show and tell video about your scale.  I know these cheap scales can wig out and display things incorrectly sometimes, maybe the lb/kg marker is out of place, who knows.  But until we get a clear demonstration we have to go by what we see, these same expectations would go for anyone.  If someone called me out on the same issue, I would march right down and make an explanation video.  However if I had been called a fraud at every turn I'm not sure I would be so inclined to do so.  I admit I do sympathize with Tiz, assuming he can prove the scale is wacky. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

I actually am shocked to see this evidence was needed to make the unelected Tiziano lawyers doubt him.

This is a bad faith sentence, that doesn't accurately represent people's reasoning for not indicting him without evidence. We've all been skeptical, as has been stated innumerable times, by nearly every active member of the board. Saying it was only now that people doubted him is an intentionally inaccurate statement. Waiting for evidence before making an official accusation of fraud, and not being skeptical at all, are two very different things. Your statements essentially amount to a boastful "I told you so".

But to your lawyer analogy, I've arguably been his most vocal defender. Have you ever considered why defense lawyers exist, and what their motives are for defending someone, especially someone who may be guilty?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, idk. If you believe and give good faith to guys who close coc 4 rated 221 at 60kg bodyweight, you seem kinda silly. Just my take on it. 

Do you think a 140lbs dude can bench press 700+?

• Like 2

This reminds me of when Kim Wood said on an ironmind forum "if Kinney says he did something, he SURELY did it".(paraphrasing here, these aren't his exact words, but he does indeed say he fully believes Kinney did this feat)

Then when someone asked him his thoughts on the 400+lbsx40 reps squat every day, he never wavered from his stance. Some people just simply believe in things that seem clearly impossible to others. That's fine. Have faith in whatever you want. 

Edited by Londonjoseph
  • Like 2

Actually, I'm wrong. It was 440x60....

Here is the same very thread on the ironmind forum where Kim Wood defended that claim and never backed down. I suggest reading the thread from page 1-5 to really get an idea of what I'm talking about. 

https://www.ironmind-forum.com/forum/training/grip/722-joe-kinney-is-a-beast/page4

Some men simply want to believe in the mega impossible. 

• Like 1