Bending+Training Log

Londonjoseph

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

I hope to see more bends from you!!! Keep me updated 💪💪💪

Will do!

• Like 2

My good friend passed away yesterday morning. He was a good dude, never talked bad about anyone. It was a brutal death, and he was only 25. He was very brave at the end. My current mental well being is being tested at this moment. 

His mental strength and character inspired me. I gotta stay strong and keep on fighting the good fight. I will try to train more, I think it'll be what keeps me together. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My good friend passed away yesterday morning. He was a good dude, never talked bad about anyone. It was a brutal death, and he was only 25. He was very brave at the end. My current mental well being is being tested at this moment. 

His mental strength and character inspired me. I gotta stay strong and keep on fighting the good fight. I will try to train more, I think it'll be what keeps me together. 

Really sorry to hear this.  It's never easy to lose close friends, but there is something particularly cruel when it's the young ones. 

His memory will always live on in whatever you were able to learn from him, which sounds to be some really great attributes. Using that and focusing your pain and other things you're working through on your training is definitely one of the healthier ways to deal with it. 

One day/moment/breath at a time. . . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

I'm sorry this happened and i totally understand where you're coming from. I lost my childhood best friend last month to cancer. I initially had regrets about not staying in touch. I'm staying busy though and focusing on other things, so the sad thoughts are fading. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I spent some time with my close friends who knew our brother that passed. 

It was really healthy for me, I was going to stay home but bottling things up isn't healthy. 

My friend's daughter was there, she's like 3 or 4 years old, so I was like "you wanna see some magic???" And I showed her some bends. 

Just did some 1/4"x7" square pieces, and 60D's. Those are really easy for me so I just rolled them in one ironmind pad and did it sitting down double overhand lol. She was amazed (I think most 3-4 year olds would be).

I also took a picture with my friends infant son. And I took some more.pictures with friends. It was a great time 

Resized_20230708_202912.jpeg

• Like 5

Nice looks like a very special moment. Good for you.

• Like 1

JH 8.8 5/16"x7" Single Suede. Took a tad over 3 minutes, the sweep and crush were ridiculous. 

Worked another exhausting 12 hours, then helped my good friend move a 700lbs fish tank into his home. It looks awesome. I bent 2 hexabastards in single leathers for his family, they were curious about my bends. The JH 8.8 came after all of that. 

Snapchat-1347698791.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

JH 8.8 5/16"x7" Single Suede. Took a tad over 3 minutes, the sweep and crush were ridiculous. 

Worked another exhausting 12 hours, then helped my good friend move a 700lbs fish tank into his home. It looks awesome. I bent 2 hexabastards in single leathers for his family, they were curious about my bends. The JH 8.8 came after all of that. 

Snapchat-1347698791.jpg

Wow that's no joke. You're getting really strong!

Make sure to post your King of CRS bends here on the forum as well!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, matek said:

Wow that's no joke. You're getting really strong!

Make sure to post your King of CRS bends here on the forum as well!

I tried the 5" CRS piece in leathers+1/3 cordura. I got to 90° in less than 30 seconds but couldn't move it past. I think I chose the wrong choice of wraps, and my technique on these shorter pieces needs to be reviewed. 

I was very disappointed, but it seems lately my hand toughness has been improving as shown from some of these previous bends. Strength has stalled a little bit, but I'm happy to get any improvements at all with these recent events in life. 

I have done some sporadic training I have not posted onto here, mostly armwrestling stuff. I'll try to log more of those sessions. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

I tried the 5" CRS piece in leathers+1/3 cordura. I got to 90° in less than 30 seconds but couldn't move it past. I think I chose the wrong choice of wraps, and my technique on these shorter pieces needs to be reviewed. 

I was very disappointed, but it seems lately my hand toughness has been improving as shown from some of these previous bends. Strength has stalled a little bit, but I'm happy to get any improvements at all with these recent events in life. 

I have done some sporadic training I have not posted onto here, mostly armwrestling stuff. I'll try to log more of those sessions. 

Yea you definitely have the strength to do it, but that choice of wraps does not sound optimal for this. Go thicker (and/or wider). Swapping the order of the layers can yield interesting results as well, as I recently learned. 
And as you said, maybe you're just not used to steel that short. I wouldn't wrap that deeper than 45mm, every mm counts with those magnificent bastards. 

I'm sure you will destroy it!💪

• Like 1

I am 6'0, but my wingspan is 6'4, and my elbow to fingertip length is a little over 20". Good levers for my hobbies. 

Rough work today, but a lot of food and rest tonight so I can do some big lifts tomorrow 

IMG_20230718_172918965.jpg

• Like 2

Couldn't help myself and made some bends happen.

3x Hexabastard in 53 seconds. 2 of them were single leathers, 1 was suede. I saved the suede for last, as that's expected to be the hardest. 

Felt good to get it in under 1 minute, it was my goal and I'm happy with it :)

Snapchat-1861531998.jpg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

3x Hexabastard in 53 seconds. 2 of them were single leathers, 1 was suede. I saved the suede for last, as that's expected to be the hardest. 

Snapchat-1861531998.jpg

2 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

I am 6'0, but my wingspan is 6'4, and my elbow to fingertip length is a little over 20". Good levers for my hobbies. 

Rough work today, but a lot of food and rest tonight so I can do some big lifts tomorrow 

IMG_20230718_172918965.jpg

Nice work man. I'm stronger, faster and more flexible now than I was when I was your age.. But i get exhausted thinking about it now.🤣 I wish I got into bending back then.

• Like 1

Snapchat-1861531998.jpg

That was fast! Your kink in singles is really powerful. 

• Like 2

Had a hard armwrestling practice on Sunday.

Next day trained pronation. Did easy 7 reps with 60lbs pronation curl, pretty strict form.

Did 3x1+negative with 80lbs too.

Also did 140lbs side pressure lift, I'm happy with that compared to some of my last posts of the side pressure lift.

I found out I am going to be a father, so some lifestyle changes are in order. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Next day trained pronation. Did easy 7 reps with 60lbs pronation curl, pretty strict form.

Also did 140lbs side pressure lift, I'm happy with that compared to some of my last posts of the side pressure lift.

CONGRATULATIONS!

• Like 2

That's great news, congratulations!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, matek said:

That's great news, congratulations!

All I know is @Londonjoseph   gotta have Horrido or EatChalkGetBig in the baby shower registry. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Work has been exhausting, and last Sunday's armwrestling practice left me toast.

Had another long work day and tried some thick bar. Attempted a full weight Thomas inch dumbbell trainer, and only got this high.

I don't feel too bad, I train thick bar (or even "grip", really) very rarely. 

Screenshot_20230803-164801.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

I don't feel too bad, I train thick bar (or even "grip", really) very rarely. 

Comeon man that's super good! Full weight inch trainer and you got it off the ground. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, matek said:

Comeon man that's super good! Full weight inch trainer and you got it off the ground. 

I know, I just hate to miss big attempts like this! 

I do think bar maybe 1-2 times a month really, but I think I will add it in 2 times a week.

I was reading about Thomas Topham, and it is said: "A dish of hard pewter, rolled up by Topham on 3 April 1737, is preserved in the British Museum, and is marked with the names of Dr. Desaguliers and others who witnessed the performance"

I can't find images of it at all, I would love to see this supposed dish. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

I know, I just hate to miss big attempts like this! 

I do think bar maybe 1-2 times a month really, but I think I will add it in 2 times a week.

I was reading about Thomas Topham, and it is said: "A dish of hard pewter, rolled up by Topham on 3 April 1737, is preserved in the British Museum, and is marked with the names of Dr. Desaguliers and others who witnessed the performance"

David Horne sells a ebook about Thomas Topham if that helps.. That might have some info your looking for.

Nice work, you aren't far at all from a complete lift.

• Like 2

I found multiple sources claiming this, but on the British Museum's official site, there is no such object related to him, and I also couldn't find any pictures. Btw it was probably from tin and copper (so fairly soft), but around 7 pounds.
Based on all the info about him from multiple sources, I would say the feat is probably true, but it was never in the British Museum or moved from there/lost. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, matek said:

I found multiple sources claiming this, but on the British Museum's official site, there is no such object related to him, and I also couldn't find any pictures. Btw it was probably from tin and copper (so fairly soft), but around 7 pounds.
Based on all the info about him from multiple sources, I would say the feat is probably true, but it was never in the British Museum or moved from there/lost. 

That's a good conclusion to come to. 

I think that's probably the answer. 

Some of the braced bends guys of the past did seem a bit impossible or improbable. There's many examples like Apollon bending a 5"x5/8 Piece of Steel.

• Like 1

Great training today

3x timber tie 1/2 leathers heslip style

2x 60D 1/2 leathers heslep style

Arm shark armwrestling tool cup training 4x30 reps both hands 35lbs

Strict one arm presses with 70lbs 5x5.

Easier stuff for today.

• Like 2