Bending+Training Log

Londonjoseph

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

Yeah it was hard... When we got it in the house we have these two thin pads that come with a compresser... It fills up them up with air and we can slide appliances across floors without damaging the floors. Its like skating on ice it glides to smooth. 

We've moved some real heavy stuff with it. I never knew they made such a thing until a couple years ago when we got it. Maybe you've used one before.

I only use a dolly and a carry strap. I might look into those

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

I only use a dolly and a carry strap. I might look into those

We renovated a florist a couple years back and had to move this massive flower refrigerator.. It was so heavy we had to reframe the floor were it was going.  Had no idea how we where going to move it... My dad or bro found it on Facebook marketplace. I think we have a video of us using it.

We might use it tomorrow, or in the next few days.  If i cant find a video i'll post one of us using it so you know what we are talking about. Well worth the money.  

• Like 1

Here’s a pic anyways. You can see them on the ground. I think it’s a LG but I could be wrong. You probably know.6024AB05-D9F5-4B89-BA43-1800ECD5B871.thumb.jpeg.67d56140d7e9721f464883cba30c5954.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Here’s a pic anyways. You can see them on the ground. I think it’s a LG but I could be wrong. You probably know.6024AB05-D9F5-4B89-BA43-1800ECD5B871.thumb.jpeg.67d56140d7e9721f464883cba30c5954.jpeg

This is an Electrolux set I believe. I've delivered these before and they are indeed beastly 

My friend Chad and I snapped a huge log in half that fell into his father's yard after a big storm. We did it barehanded. The piece we snapped off must weigh 450+lbs, and was still alive when we did it. It was after a hard work day, and took a herculean effort.

Snapchat-1640187983.jpg

Snapchat-390381527.jpg

Snapchat-858994849.jpg

Snapchat-537633364.jpg

• Like 4

Nice work guys

you look like a couple of young Vikings with there prize 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Nice work guys

you look like a couple of young Vikings with there prize 

Interestingly enough, his family came from the same mountains as mine in West Virginia. 

My ancestors sailed over from Isle of Man in the 1700's and hunted with Daniel Boone. They were the first to explore the Cumberland gap. 

Their surname was Skaggs, which means "rough beard" The name derives from "Skieg" Which comes from a man who became the progenitor of several clans in the isle of Man. He was described as Swedish/Danish. 

• Like 3

IT FITS

WAY COOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

My friend Chad and I snapped a huge log in half that fell into his father's yard after a big storm. We did it barehanded. The piece we snapped off must weigh 450+lbs, and was still alive when we did it. It was after a hard work day, and took a herculean effort.

Snapchat-1640187983.jpg

Snapchat-390381527.jpg

Snapchat-858994849.jpg

Snapchat-537633364.jpg

Thats awesome. I wish I had friends that got excited over stuff like that.  Cutting up and getting rid of that and then drinking a bunch of beer. Whats better than that?

• Like 2

Been a few rough work days this week.

Really harsh labor and my patience has been tested. Training these past few days has been non-existent. Trying to rest from some of the training I did

Went to armwrestling practice, felt a bit beat up but did well. 

I'm saving up my energy to train with Delmar Carter. I am going to Tennessee tomorrow, and I plan to exhibit some bends to him and my family. 

Some rest and some smokies+drinks helping out

Snapchat-2064044976.jpg

• Like 3

Sometimes I feel like the mental burdens I have and the obstacles I have overcome were way tougher than any of my bends, lifts, or armwrestling matches. I know if I keep the right mindset I can truly achieve world class feats and go even further beyond that.

It's all about the mindset, my brothers. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Been a few rough work days this week.

Really harsh labor and my patience has been tested. Training these past few days has been non-existent. Trying to rest from some of the training I did

Went to armwrestling practice, felt a bit beat up but did well. 

I'm saving up my energy to train with Delmar Carter. I am going to Tennessee tomorrow, and I plan to exhibit some bends to him and my family. 

Some rest and some smokies+drinks helping out

Snapchat-2064044976.jpg

Have fun in Tennessee.  Nothing like a good drink and good smoke. I'll have a good cigar or pipe tobacco once in awhile.. Sometimes something else finds its way into my pipe too.

26 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Sometimes I feel like the mental burdens I have and the obstacles I have overcome were way tougher than any of my bends, lifts, or armwrestling matches. I know if I keep the right mindset I can truly achieve world class feats and go even further beyond that.

It's all about the mindset, my brothers. 

Yes you will. I know you will.   Keep doing what you doing.

• Like 1

Did some bends for my family. 

Just some easy stuff, forgot to bring rubber bands so I wrapped up some 5" grade 5 bolts in suedes touching and reversed it. 

They were impressed 😤😤😤

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Did some bends for my family. 

Just some easy stuff, forgot to bring rubber bands so I wrapped up some 5" grade 5 bolts in suedes touching and reversed it. 

They were impressed 😤😤😤

Nice!💪 Especially if they know what is a G5 (probably your family do).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, matek said:

Nice!💪 Especially if they know what is a G5 (probably your family do).

They have no idea. Might have been better to just do a 60D, probably looks more impressive lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

They have no idea. Might have been better to just do a 60D, probably looks more impressive lol

Haha in that case, yes. But the best is a weak 5/16" 4.8/G2 bolt with a hand towel or smg. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Then at least you can snap it really fast and impress them. Thats what i do. 

Might as well be a gold nail lol.  

• Like 1

Amazing training session with Delmar Carter the other day. He and I did some bends, and practiced some armwrestling. 

I couldn't even move Delmar, and I consider myself a pretty good armwrestler. Also, he hasn't trained at all in about two years. He's retained a LOT of strength, so I could only imagine what he was like a few years ago.

He managed a Hexabastard in Single Cordura DU. Got it to 90°, and took only a little bit of effort. He also did a 6" Edgin in Doubles DO

I did a 3/8"x7" brass Hex Piece in just ironmind Pads. 

IMG_20230705_202905336_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230705_201137069_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230705_201126310_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230705_201046195_HDR.jpg

• Like 8

That looks like it was an amazing day. He’s got some mitts on him.

• Like 2

Sounds like a lot of fun! Although I never tried proper armwrestling, I have a feeling I would probably enjoy it a lot (and injure myself, of course). 

One of the reasons I started bending (DU) last year is Delmar's 8.8 cert. He is such a boss. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, matek said:

Sounds like a lot of fun! Although I never tried proper armwrestling, I have a feeling I would probably enjoy it a lot (and injure myself, of course). 

One of the reasons I started bending (DU) last year is Delmar's 8.8 cert. He is such a boss. 

I’d like to try it sometime. I’m just afraid because I need my hands for work.  Arm wrestling is awesome and builds crazy strength.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, matek said:

He absolutely is a boss, and a great guy. 

Its hard to train so many things, so I don't even train grip anymore really just bends and armwrestling (besides some general training and conditioning)

• Like 2

I appreciate you making the drive out London. It was an awesome session I had been looking forward to all week. You're a strong a$$ dude! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, acromegaman said:

I appreciate you making the drive out London. It was an awesome session I had been looking forward to all week. You're a strong a$$ dude! 

I hope to see more bends from you!!! Keep me updated 💪💪💪

• Like 2