Bending+Training Log

Londonjoseph

On 4/13/2023 at 7:18 PM, Londonjoseph said:

Been having issues with Randall even after being certified on the red nail. 

He asked me for a photo of myself, and I sent the picture of myself (the shirtless recent one from April 1st posted above) to him. He told me flat out that the photo I sent doesn't look like me. He chose this goofy looking still of me for the cert article. 

Then he listed my name on the list under 2022. This bend was done in 2023.

Then he sent me the wrong shirt size. He confirmed with me I needed an XL, but sent a large. The shipping label says XL. He sent me the correct size, but then DEMANDED I send the large back. 

after all this, I think I'm keeping both shirts. 

Screenshot_20230413-191700.png

Screenshot_20230413-191747-941.png

Screenshot_20230413-184530.png

Congrats on the red nail :moshercert 

• Like 1

Congrats, absolutely great performance on the Michigan Bending and Breaking Championship! I bet that G8 for reverse was a mutant. Speaking of which, great episode with Cody on the Beyond The Bend podcast!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matek said:

Congrats, absolutely great performance on the Michigan Bending and Breaking Championship! I bet that G8 for reverse was a mutant. Speaking of which, great episode with Cody on the Beyond The Bend podcast!

Thanks Mate, it was a great time. 

For anyone else wondering about the podcast, here is the episode:

• Like 2

Great podcast man. Enjoyed it while i trained this morning. I'm a bit jealous, I didn't even get a decent education and you got an old time strongman performance in school...

Also it was cool to hear you talk about bending for your grandma. I used to do the same. Trust me cherish those memories. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted on a while, things have been a little rough mental health wise. I've been doing more armwrestling lifts lately, and got a solid 120lbs side pressure lift here:

I have been training more armwrestling lifts after work, but I've tried a few bends here and there. I got a magnificent shiny (5/16"x5" stainless steel rod) that's 12 years old from Tim Butler to 90°. I did it in loose doubles,after a hard work day. I have to pay extra attention to my wrapping for harder pieces. It's a habit I need to keep up with.

Snapchat-1195260797.jpg

• Like 3

Haven't done reverse in a hot minute, but decided to do this bend sporadically. Happy to say I got this in one hit. 183lg rated DHWOG Class 12.9 bolt (1/4"x6") single leathers Reverse style. 

Snapchat-1195033993.thumb.jpg.11d0b3fee8a6ca736ccceb16dd8ea3b0.jpg

• Like 3

Not grip related, but I'd like to show you guys the type of stuff I do at work, delivering and installing appliances. 

I'll do a high pull like this about 5-8 times a day, and a lot of my work involves carrying things upstairs with my good friend unfortunately. He's a beast too though.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Not grip related, but I'd like to show you guys the type of stuff I do at work, delivering and installing appliances. 

I'll do a high pull like this about 5-8 times a day, and a lot of my work involves carrying things upstairs with my good friend unfortunately. He's a beast too though.

I think work like that builds great strength for bending.. You need to maintain a lot of tension doing that sort of work. I've moved a lot of stuff in my day but never full time. 

• Like 4

That's the way to turn your work into a workout

• Like 2

Was trying some reverse today and unfortunately my left webbing near my thumb started swelling a lot, so I had to stop. 

Really bums me out 😕

• Sad 1

I hope it gets better soon!

• Like 2

Healing is much faster than I expected.

Trained extremely hard yesterday.

Started with some easy bends to get back into it

Horrido 8.8 Overhand, 1/2 leathers+ 1/3 cordura, took 30 seconds.

9/32x6.5" ECGB Drill Rod Underhand. 1/2 leathers. Took it way past 90° in one hit.

Then I moved to armwrestling training.

Side pressure, 3x8 85 lbs, 130 lbs attempt (fail) then 2x30 reps with 45lbs.

Cup was 4x10 with 30lbs and a cupping handle on the table, then 2x30 reps with 20lbs

Standing curl 3x8 with 110lbs 1x3 141 lbs

Reverse Curl 3x5 90lbs. 

Overall great conditioning and general work getting back into the swing of things. 

Snapchat-33806808.jpg

• Like 4

Side pressure- 130lbs

Magnificent Shiny Bastard suede and leathers. Took 7 minutes. Crush took my soul.

Shiny hexabastard in leathers. Took 4 minutes. 

Great training.

Snapchat-1831028719.jpg

Snapchat-1041178759.jpg

Snapchat-470052922.jpg

• Like 5

The last inch of that magnificent shiny must have been fun!😅
Great work, London!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, matek said:

The last inch of that magnificent shiny must have been fun!😅
Great work, London!

The very second I visualized it moving mid crush, it stopped being a brick and I felt it fold. 

• Like 2

Hexabastard in 1/2 leathers. 

Took only 40 seconds, happy with the results. 

Did a bunch of armwrestling lifts. Very hard training today. 

• Like 4

Rested a bit, and tried very hard at armwrestling practice yesterday. 

I noticed my side pressure work and cup has given me huge improvements.

• Like 4

nice bending

• Like 1

Sporadic side pressure/hook training test. Worked extremely hard, didn't really eat anything either but decided to after training very hard. 

135lbs/61.2kg 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Sporadic side pressure/hook training test. Worked extremely hard, didn't really eat anything either but decided to after training very hard. 

135lbs/61.2kg 

Nice work

We moved this double stack LG washer and dryer the other day for a customer and I thought of you. It was wicked heavy and i'm no slouch with a dolly but it took 2 of us to get it up stairs.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

Nice work

We moved this double stack LG washer and dryer the other day for a customer and I thought of it. It was wicked heavy and i'm no slouch with a dolly but it took 2 of us to get it up stairs.

A double stack front load set like that is easily 400+lbs. No joke at all! 

• Like 1

Just now, Londonjoseph said:

A double stack front load set like that is easily 400+lbs. No joke at all! 

Yeah it was hard... When we got it in the house we have these two thin pads that come with a compresser... It fills up them up with air and we can slide appliances across floors without damaging the floors. Its like skating on ice it glides to smooth. 

We've moved some real heavy stuff with it. I never knew they made such a thing until a couple years ago when we got it. Maybe you've used one before.

• Like 2