Bending+Training Log

Londonjoseph

7 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Been sick the past 4 days. Really bad cough, headache, and general lethargy. I felt good enough to work, and after a long day I tried another red nail pads touching with no warmup. I was pleased with the results.

Nice bend.

Hope you feel better soon, I’m still recovering from whatever I had. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

WINNER WINNER 

Screenshot_20230324-150232-817.png

Good luck you’re gonna make that nail your b!tch

• Like 1

Scrolling through some old photos of my hands before I started gripsport, armwrestling, bending, and manual labor. The changes were pretty big. 

Screenshot_20230325-043036.png

Screenshot_20230325-043051-201.png

Screenshot_20230325-043153.png

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Scrolling through some old photos of my hands before I started gripsport, armwrestling, bending, and manual labor. The changes were pretty big. 

That’s crazy dude doesn’t even look like the same person. They went from looking long and thin to just huge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nuttgens said:

That’s crazy dude doesn’t even look like the same person. They went from looking long and thin to just huge.

The difference in bodyweight is ~20lbs 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

The difference in bodyweight is ~20lbs 

Its pretty amazing. Ive always wondered how much the stress of grip/bending and manual labor changes the hands. Its cool to see it documented.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Its pretty amazing. Ive always wondered how much the stress of grip/bending and manual labor changes the hands. Its cool to see it documented.  

I wonder if some other people have posted something similar.

• Like 1

That is a remarkable difference, and inspiring. My hands started out similar to yours in the before photos, but are probably only half way between your before and after photos now. But they are growing noticeably. Probably going to have to start training other elements of grip rather than simply grippers to see such results. Just doing bodybuilding, forearm training, grippers, and manual labor have resulted in the size I currently have.

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Very impressive work thanks for sharing. How long did this take? I wish more users would post before and after shots of the hands/forearms from grip training. I know several users here have incredibly developed forearms/hands and I would be really curious to see how they started out. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Very impressive work thanks for sharing. How long did this take? I wish more users would post before and after shots of the hands/forearms from grip training. I know several users here have incredibly developed forearms/hands and I would be really curious to see how they started out. 

There is a 2 year difference between both photos. Beforehand, I was lifting in general, but did 0 manual labor or grip specific things.

• Like 1

Congrats dude.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I'm on cloud 9 right now, can't believe I'm the first person to cert under new rules! 

• Like 3

Crazy what happens when you put in the work, isn't it?  Hell yeah.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Thanks guys, I'm on cloud 9 right now, can't believe I'm the first person to cert under new rules! 

Well deserved!!💪

• Like 2

Congrats man! I’m so happy for you. Job well done.

you did it so easily too.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

Iam honestly more relieved and excited to get back to general training, soon I plan to do things nobody has ever seen before!!!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Iam honestly more relieved and excited to get back to general training, soon I plan to do things nobody has ever seen before!!!!

Seems like a golden opportunity for you...

• Like 2

Congratulations! 
And also, now we know for sure what is an acceptable bend for IM. 

10.9 soon?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matek said:

Congratulations! 

10.9 soon?

Now that I am going back to regular training, I'm gonna decide on a more immediate short term goal, that could be 10.9 or KOAB

• Like 1

22 hours ago, matek said:

Congratulations! 

10.9 soon?

Congratulations on the huge achievement. I am also glad to see that what I consider a standard technique of double overhand is still acceptable. David Wigren was making it seem based on the new rules they would only allow bends that looked like nothing I have ever seen before. 

Absolutely incredible overall gains in the last 2 years also. Starting at 150 lbs and now repping out 500 lbs on the deadlift is insane. I think many people who start smaller don't think that type of gains are possible but you have clearly put in some serious work and goes to show that where you begin is no indicator of where you will end. 

• Like 1