Bending+Training Log

Londonjoseph

Inch pinch 10x1 60lbs

Riser 10x1 60lbs with a 5 second hold

Pronation lift 10x3 68lbs 

Easier stuff for today. Did some bands for some blood flow too. Gonna do some more training tomorrow. 

• Like 4

2x 6"x5/16" CRS underhand and reverse single IMP's. One video. 

Felt very happy I failed these ones a few weeks ago. Couldn't budge them. 

• Like 4

Went to an armwrestling practice, had a supermatch and won 3-0. Guy was very strong. 

Did a 6"x5/16" CRS underhand in IMP's all the way to the crush in front of my boss and he liked it. I let him keep it lol.

Also, today I tried a 20lbs sledge lever at work. Very hard!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Went to an armwrestling practice, had a supermatch and won 3-0. Guy was very strong. 

Did a 6"x5/16" CRS underhand in IMP's all the way to the crush in front of my boss and he liked it. I let him keep it lol.

Also, today I tried a 20lbs sledge lever at work. Very hard!

Awesome leveraging, 20lbs is no joke. Strong stuff 💪

• Like 3

That’s a great lever right there. 20lbs is crazy hard. 

congrats on the aw win!

• Like 2

10mmx8" hot rolled steel.

This is the hardest hrs I own, I have posted about it before. The sweep and crush are extremely taxing. I'd say more so than a mag shiny. 

I haven't done overhand in a while. I did this in leather's+suede. Took about 3.5 minutes. 

Nothing else tonight, this took so much effort I couldn't do anything else.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

10mmx8" hot rolled steel.

This is the hardest hrs I own, I have posted about it before. The sweep and crush are extremely taxing. I'd say more so than a mag shiny. 

I haven't done overhand in a while. I did this in leather's+suede. Took about 3.5 minutes. 

Nothing else tonight, this took so much effort I couldn't do anything else.

Very impressive! Great work

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

Very impressive! Great work

I would post the picture but it seems I can't through Mobile right now 

• Like 1

"m" (0.296") drill rod underhand style single cordura wraps. No warmup. Very easy bend for me. I'd wager these are a decent amount harder than a red. 

Yesterday I did a 1/4"x6" grade 8 and a really really hard 70D in single suede, no chalk no rubber bands. The 70D was extremely hard compared to some of the other stuff I have done. 

Still having trouble uploading pictures to gripboard. 

• Like 3

5.5" red nail ironmind pads only overhand. Sent to me from Shawn Kapusta. 

I've been hurting these past few days so I am going to take a week off from bending. I just moved places, so that alone is taxing and stressful. 

I'm tired and beat up, but happy with this because it confirms my thoughts on the 5/16" CRS I have been cutting and posting. It's very similar. 

For whatever reason, I can't see reactions and I can't post images. I'm unsure of who to talk to or contact, so any help is appreciated 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

5.5" red nail ironmind pads only overhand. Sent to me from Shawn Kapusta. 

I've been hurting these past few days so I am going to take a week off from bending. I just moved places, so that alone is taxing and stressful. 

I'm tired and beat up, but happy with this because it confirms my thoughts on the 5/16" CRS I have been cutting and posting. It's very similar. 

For whatever reason, I can't see reactions and I can't post images. I'm unsure of who to talk to or contact, so any help is appreciated 

Yeah moving can be stressful.. but good job on that short red!

I'm not sure about the images. Do you post from a smartphone, or PC? If the latter, click on "choose files..." below the post box/field, and select the picture you want. It works for me, just posted a picture yesterday. 

If you mean that the old reaction system changed to "somebody reacted to a post..." "x people reacted to a post...", I think that's the same for everyone. I think it takes away from the "community feeling" and I don't like it, but it is what it is. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, matek said:

Yeah moving can be stressful.. but good job on that short red!

I'm not sure about the images. Do you post from a smartphone, or PC? If the latter, click on "choose files..." below the post box/field, and select the picture you want. It works for me, just posted a picture yesterday. 

If you mean that the old reaction system changed to "somebody reacted to a post..." "x people reacted to a post...", I think that's the same for everyone. I think it takes away from the "community feeling" and I don't like it, but it is what it is. 

I totally agree with you about the change to *someone" liking the post, it was nice to see who it was in the past, now it could be anybody.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I totally agree with you about the change to *someone" liking the post, it was nice to see who it was in the past, now it could be anybody.

I asked @Cannon about this change a couple weeks ago and he said:

The fluke was that there was a select group of people who were mistakenly able to see who gave the reactions. I think it was tied to an incorrect setting in the contributor groups that goes all the way back to the fact that this forum is over 20 years old. There’s a lot of weird stuff. You must have been in that group. The reactions were always meant to be anonymous and have always been anonymous for 99% of members. :) 

• Like 3

I was a part of the group too. Its weird not not knowing who likes my stuff now.

14 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

The fluke was that there was a select group of people who were mistakenly able to see who gave the reactions. I think it was tied to an incorrect setting in the contributor groups that goes all the way back to the fact that this forum is over 20 years old. There’s a lot of weird stuff. You must have been in that group. The reactions were always meant to be anonymous and have always been anonymous for 99% of members. :) 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I was a part of the group too. Its weird not not knowing who likes my stuff now.

I agree...  Not sure how many of us had that ability.  But having it was nice and this is an adjustment for me.  I miss it.

• Like 4

I to agree it was nice to have that ability to see that info.

• Like 5

Thanks for the support and answers my brothas. 

I liked seeing who reacted, definitely made it feel like a closer community. And it's obvious others feel the same way. 

Hopefully things will change.

My ulnar deviation has been hurting, so reverse and DU are off the table for maybe another week. 

• Like 7

I also enjoyed seeing who liked my content.  And I thought it was helpful that others could see that I liked their content as well.  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Mashmonster268 said:

I also enjoyed seeing who liked my content.  And I thought it was helpful that others could see that I liked their content as well.  

Yeah, I’m fairly certain I could see who reacted to my stuff for a while as well. I thought maybe it was just a fever dream. lol

• Like 1

Riser static lift 72.5lbs 3x1 both hands

Pronation static lift 85lbs 3x5 both hands.

Last set shown for both.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

Thanks, I didn't know that. It was nice while it lasted. 

21 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Agreed, it's a shame it's ended. 

19 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

I to agree it was nice to have that ability to see that info.

Agreed, it's weird now.

18 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Thanks for the support and answers my brothas. 

I liked seeing who reacted, definitely made it feel like a closer community. And it's obvious others feel the same way. 

Hopefully things will change.

My ulnar deviation has been hurting, so reverse and DU are off the table for maybe another week. 

Agreed it was nice to see who was reacting to it.

• Like 3