Supination

Side pressure 

Back pressure

Then bends today

Double leathers 6"x5/16" triangle edgin

Single loose leathers 

5"x1/4" hex FBBC crs

4.5"x1/4" hex FBBC crs

The last one took a Herculean effort of 4 minutes. I stopped filming after 3, and only got 30°. By then, I got a nasty cut, and still powered through for one final attempt past 40°. 

great training. I will be ok, I just need a lot of rest.  

I have the pictures posted on Instagram, hopefully @Blacksmith513 can post them for me again. 

I'd rather have this issue fixed than ask him to post my pictures. 

89E1C908-4884-473A-B326-25F38B6A07E7.jpeg.8e467745c670ebf54890f1347e10273c.jpeg4B1D5727-FF3D-408A-815E-39EE2F3B6814.jpeg.b022b2fbcc84019c38de3ecfd246004e.jpeg5344E4F7-AF9C-4368-B137-D7F64052DB7E.jpeg.92cf0512d8f8d893dbe396b455df366f.jpeg16181A2D-6DCD-4D05-A58A-39A20A99B7ED.thumb.jpeg.cda7f407ebe0e4b466a86c685ac802c7.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513

Blood sweat and bending. Now your taking 

• Like 2

I have decided to take a much needed break from social media. I'm going to try to limit my internet activity too. 

Deleted all my social media apps. I will upload on YouTube still, and participate in the Ace contest. 

Just trying to focus on bettering myself, and I feel it has gotten in the way. I think I'm going to limit general phone usage too, and TV time 

I appreciate you guys. I'll still be here, posting will be a bit slow though. 

• Like 2

good for you.

• Like 2

Did some good workouts at work

Both hands

Pronation curls

5x10 20kg/44lbs

Top set 2x5 70lbs shown in video here:

Riser Curls

5x10 20kg/44lbs

Back pressure off the floor like the other lifts

4x5 70lbs

Hammer curl

3x10 50lbs 

Good training day, trying to be a more competitive armwrestler. This day was more focused on my toproll. I'll have a separate day for side pressure. 

Still going to do some bends and isometrics so I can put up good results in ACE. 

• Like 5

Great work. They won’t need the forklift around if they have you working there. It’s smart to cycle things.

I bet your going to kill it in the AW circuit.

• Like 3

Hand is slowly getting better. The tear is almost healed, the area I got the skin tore on was very thick, so it might take another few days to have it back to 100%. 

My left hand where I was injured is getting better. I started doing more therapeutic movements for it. 

Today's training:

Band circuit at work

5x30 side pressure ulnar deviation, and supinating side pressure

Front raise 5x30 20lbs

Lateral raise 5x30 20lbs

Bicep dumbbell curls 50lbs 4x10 

Great stuff. Beats sitting in my work parking lot and eating 2 double quarter pounders.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Hand is slowly getting better. The tear is almost healed, the area I got the skin tore on was very thick, so it might take another few days to have it back to 100%. 

My left hand where I was injured is getting better. I started doing more therapeutic movements for it. 

Today's training:

Band circuit at work

5x30 side pressure ulnar deviation, and supinating side pressure

Front raise 5x30 20lbs

Lateral raise 5x30 20lbs

Bicep dumbbell curls 50lbs 4x10 

Great stuff. Beats sitting in my work parking lot and eating 2 double quarter pounders.

Great stuff is right. Glad to hear the hands getting better.

Eating a couple of double quarter pounders is pretty great also. But not the healthiest thing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Great stuff is right. Glad to hear the hands getting better.

Eating a couple of double quarter pounders is pretty great also. But not the healthiest thing.

They are tasty! Those and the McChickens....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

They are tasty! Those and the McChickens....

and the Filet o Fish.

These days, I really try not to get anything more than coffee from McDonalds but once and awhile... It really hits the spot.

Always wanted to see if I could do 5 or 6 McDoubles... I'm gonna give it a go sometime soon. But like I said I love the stuff but I really try not to have it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

and the Filet o Fish.

These days, I really try not to get anything more than coffee from McDonalds but once and awhile... It really hits the spot.

Always wanted to see if I could do 5 or 6 McDoubles... I'm gonna give it a go sometime soon. But like I said I love the stuff but I really try not to have it.

Most I had in a sitting was 6 McChickens.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Dang thats a lot. I'm not sure what my most was. 🤣 

My uncle is a massive stoner and pretty much a 14 year old in a 64 year old body... Every time i take him to McDonalds he more or less gets a couple McDoubles, a Big Mac, Vanilla shake, filet o fish, large fry ... and apple pie.  Maybe switch something out for a McChicken or or quarter pounder.. True story we took him to KFC about 15 years ago and he wanted to stock up his freezer... he bought so much of the original recipe they ran out and had to give him extra crispy.

Then we normally go back to his place and play GTA 5..

He can't drive and I actually don't like taking him anymore as its not healthy and i'd feel guilty if something happened to him.

Edited by Blacksmith513

17 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

and the Filet o Fish.

Last time I had McDonald's (maybe a month ago or so), it was "only" three bacon double cheeseburgers but I took off all but two buns to make one six layer sandwich.  I could probably go for one of those after I finish shoveling snow tonight.  Got about 4" right now and it's still going strong.

"Best" ever was two 40 count McNuggets in one day back in the early 2000s when they were running a really cheap special at the time.  Got one box on the way to a motorcycle show with some buddies and another box on the way home.  Pretty sure I super-sized the fries and drink in both instances...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Last time I had McDonald's (maybe a month ago or so), it was "only" three bacon double cheeseburgers but I took off all but two buns to make one six layer sandwich.  I could probably go for one of those after I finish shoveling snow tonight.  Got about 4" right now and it's still going strong.

"Best" ever was two 40 count McNuggets in one day back in the early 2000s when they were running a really cheap special at the time.  Got one box on the way to a motorcycle show with some buddies and another box on the way home.  Pretty sure I super-sized the fries and drink in both instances...

I'm going to start up my own competition...  Picture a grip medley with McDonalds thrown in the mix.

I'll call it "McGrip"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Next goal is to shovel down 8 McChickens, then bend a red in new cert style all in 10 minutes. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I'm going to start up my own competition...  Picture a grip medley with McDonalds thrown in the mix.

I'll call it "McGrip"

2 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Next goal is to shovel down 8 McChickens, then bend a red in new cert style all in 10 minutes. 

Sounds like I need to double-down on my McDouble consumption to "train."

• Haha 1

The real challenge here isn't even the red nail bend but the McChicken consumption

• Haha 1

The real challenge here isn't even the red nail bend but the McChicken consumption

the only thing I’m bending after 6 McChickens is over the trash barrel to puke

Someone’s gotta contact Randy we may have a new cert.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In all seriousness, I decided to email Randy today to talk about the gold nail cert.

With these new rules, quite frankly I think it's impossible. 

Doing the red with new rules is difficult, but obviously achievable since I certified on it. 

I think with ironmind pads, no rubber bands, the gold is achievable. 

Pads touching, pads folded in hotdog ostlund style, or single pad I don't think it is. 

There's been a handful of guys who have done gold under old rules. 

I think he should change it. Moving the goalpost and making an impossible challenge doesn't get you a bigger audience or more customers. 

Having an achievable goal definitely does though! 

• Like 3

In all seriousness, I decided to email Randy today to talk about the gold nail cert.

With these new rules, quite frankly I think it's impossible. 

Doing the red with new rules is difficult, but obviously achievable since I certified on it. 

I think with ironmind pads, no rubber bands, the gold is achievable. 

Pads touching, pads folded in hotdog ostlund style, or single pad I don't think it is. 

There's been a handful of guys who have done gold under old rules. 

I think he should change it. Moving the goalpost and making an impossible challenge doesn't get you a bigger audience or more customers. 

Having an achievable goal definitely does though! 

No it doesn’t and that’s what he seems to do.  

I don’t get the whole moving the goalpost thing. It’s turned people away that’s for sure.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

No it doesn’t and that’s what he seems to do.  

I don’t get the whole moving the goalpost thing. It’s turned people away that’s for sure.

It's quite personal because to me, it's worth training for gold nail under old rules. 

If I can get a cert out of it, it's even better. 

Hopefully he can come to his senses 

• Like 1

Been talking back and forth with him, he's been willing to listen and thanked me for sharing my thoughts. 

I went to armwrestling practice, hands felt ok, elbows were very inflamed. 

Gonna try some bloodflow stuff tomorrow and some bends 

• Like 1

Bends are out of the question. 

Finished a magnificent bastard in single suede, took ~5 min, had a huge blood blister form. 

Deloading now for the rest of the week. Armwrestling practice had me rekt.  

5x30

Side pressure

Supination

Pronation 

Riser

Ulnar deviation 

That's all. Still tired from work and other things. I need to take more proper deload weeks to ensure I do better. 

You do you man, keep taking care of yourself mentally and physically  so you can be the best husband and best father.

Its not my thing but I get why people use it. No judgement from me about what others do. No matter what, a lot a lot of hard work goes into your lifts and bends.

I've got lots of respect for, honesty transparency and hard work.

• Like 3

It's good to hear honesty and transparency.  There are a lot of guys with significantly less strength than you that are using PEDs.  I realize use is rampant.

While I'm fairly certain it's against the rules of the board, I still commend you for your statement/admission.  

What I will tell you as a lifelong natural and medical professional, I'd get off the stuff if you can assuming your body lets you.  Its not really worth it unless you can make big bucks of your talents.  Even then its debatable, because different people have different outcomes with this stuff.

I am by no means world class, but I'm pretty darn strong and most people that meet me make a comment on my physique even at 47 years old.  I'll never win a competition, but my training has helped me in many ways.  Good luck to you.

• Like 4