Bending+Training Log

Londonjoseph

On 11/30/2023 at 1:40 PM, Douglas Carney said:

I asked @Cannon about this change a couple weeks ago and he said:

The fluke was that there was a select group of people who were mistakenly able to see who gave the reactions. I think it was tied to an incorrect setting in the contributor groups that goes all the way back to the fact that this forum is over 20 years old. There’s a lot of weird stuff. You must have been in that group. The reactions were always meant to be anonymous and have always been anonymous for 99% of members. :) 

I also saw who liked what, maybe the group was bigger than 1% 😄 Any way to bring that back @Cannon? Maybe as optional on/off feature in settings? I doubt it’s hard to implement and as others, I think it made community feel more close and genuine than without it.

• Like 6

Agreed, I actually really enjoyed that aspect of the forum, and honestly thought everyone could see reactions - as I had that ability since day one. It sounds like a good 50%+ of people could see who reacted, previously.

Either way, I support however Cannon decides to run the forum.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Riser static lift 72.5lbs 3x1 both hands

Pronation static lift 85lbs 3x5 both hands.

Last set shown for both.

That’s some strong work man. Ever use the Levertop? Is that considered harder or easier than using a belt?

3 hours ago, martincerven said:

I also saw who liked what, maybe the group was bigger than 1% 😄 Any way to bring that back @Cannon? Maybe as optional on/off feature in settings? I doubt it’s hard to implement and as others, I think it made community feel more close and genuine than without it.

Hang tight guys. :) I’m seeing these comments and listening and have been working on an answer this week. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Hang tight guys. :) I’m seeing these comments and listening and have been working on an answer this week. 

Did i like this post? The world may never know.

• Haha 8

On 12/1/2023 at 7:26 PM, Cannon said:

I'm seeing who likes posts again!  Thanks for looking into this and finding a solution @Cannon!

Edited by Douglas Carney
  • Like 2

I'm glad things are up and running, @Cannon is a gem. 

Still hurting a bit, but was able to do this "JH" grade 8 1/4"x6"  bolt Ostlund style with some effort. I like this way, it's fun. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

I'm glad things are up and running, @Cannon is a gem. 

Still hurting a bit, but was able to do this "JH" grade 8 1/4"x6"  bolt Ostlund style with some effort. I like this way, it's fun. 

Glad your feeling better.. great bend.

and yeah he is

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

Excellent Ostlund bend!  I commented on the video already elsewhere, but had to say it again.  

Cannon is pretty awesome.  I still can't see who liked posts.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I have had an accident at work. 

It was 3 days ago. I'm trying my best to get better. 

It's very hard to explain how exactly it happened. I don't think I can exactly put it into words. I heard a loud tearing noise coming from my wrist. Sounded like someone tearing paper. 

I have no bruising, which is good. I have full range of motion with my fingers and wrist, which is also good. 

we will know more later, but it looks like I am going to have to take more time off :(

I am keeping high spirits, and doing contrast baths. Also visualization while doing them. Extremely light exercises too, with the goal of getting blood flow to the area. 

I'm trying to take action early on. I am unsure of what the future holds, but I think I will be better in a month or two, who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

It's very hard to explain how exactly it happened. I don't think I can exactly put it into words. I heard a loud tearing noise coming from my wrist. Sounded like someone tearing paper. 

I have no bruising, which is good. I have full range of motion with my fingers and wrist, which is also good. 

we will know more later, but it looks like I am going to have to take more time off :(

I am keeping high spirits, and doing contrast baths. Also visualization while doing them. Extremely light exercises too, with the goal of getting blood flow to the area. 

I'm trying to take action early on. I am unsure of what the future holds, but I think I will be better in a month or two, who knows. 

I'm sorry dude.  You have the right mindset. This is only temporary.. You will come back and come back even stronger. 

I had something similar happen to my thumb years ago. A very loud audible POP.  No loss of ROM and no bruising is good. Just take it one day at at time.

• Like 3

Dang man, I'm very sorry to hear you are injured! I hope you heal up quickly and get back to your old self. 

• Like 3

On 12/9/2023 at 10:20 PM, Londonjoseph said:

I partially tore different muscles in the past, and I always "heard it" inside, it's like what you described. 
If there is no bruising, it's a very good sign (if it's a small muscle tear and not something else). It heals surprisingly fast. Just don't go full animal the first day there is no pain anymore. 

I hope there will be no issues with doing your day job, and it will heal soon.

Edited by matek
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

My hand is mostly healed but radial and ulnar deviation still haven't. So unbraced bending is still off the table. 

I have gotten into snapping though, and I did some intense stuff at work. I wasn't concerned about speed or time, mostly form. Because of that they were slow, but I feel I learned a lot.

2x 1/4"x6" grade 5 

1x 1/4"x6" grade 8

1x red nail. 

I'm going to do snapping and leg crush as my "bending" training for now. It's a lot of fun, and very humbling. I haven't snapped anything since the bending championship. 

I still have a lot of trouble uploading photos, which bums me out. 

• Like 4

Did some easy stuff today

65lbs 5x5 armassassin inch pinch

100lbs 2x10 one arm snatch, last set recorded. 

Also saw this gold nail snap from Stan Tomajko. 

Since I have been getting into snapping, I've been binging videos for ideas and form. This video was originally private, and I had to ask Stan to reupload it. It's the best snap I have ever seen to be honest. The 0 leg padding and unconventional style surprised me and had me really hyped up. I'll try to start snapping this way, it's awe inspiring.  

• Like 5

Been a bit busy lately, but I've gotten some stuff done. 

Did a 5.5"x5/16" Hex CRS in double leathers. Took ~5 minutes. I'd post the picture, but it seems I don't have that option still with chrome browser on my android phone. This was a really big victory for me though.

Also did some reverse bends today, my hand is healing but I have lost a lot of strength. I lost strength in reverse and heslep, but DU is still off the table. 

Did 10x60D reverse to crush

Then 1x 1/4"x7" FBBC square.

All in loose suede.

I'm feeling really encouraged right now, I think I'm gonna stick to DO, reverse, and snapping. I still wanna get better at braced and snapping. I'll likely prioritize the DO because of the contest Alex has, I wanna be ready for that and I wanna do well. 

• Like 7

NICE WORK

• Like 1

Did some more stuff tonight, I'm beat!

1/4"x6" FBBC Huge Square from Cody Christensen, reverse in doubles suede 

5/16"x6" FBBC Big Shiny from Shawn Kapusta, double suede overhand.

5/16"x5" FBBC Mag Shiny, also from Shawn, got to 90° in double suede, done overhand. 

Great stuff today.

• Like 5

Old FBBC steel from Tim Butler

6"x1/4" stainless square reverse single leathers. 44°

7"x11/32" FBBC Duke in under a minute for my coworkers

8x5 pronation curl

8x5 riser curl

Both 50lbs

Good training today 

• Like 6

10mmx10" bolt snapped at work

Not very hard to move but took a LOT of closes.

5" red nail in single suedes. Took 3 minutes. 

I would upload photos but this website on this browser won't let me :(.

overall great training day 

• Like 3

Killer training the last two days man

• Like 1

Band bloodflow yesterday

30x10

Riser

Pronation

Supination

Side pressure 

Back pressure

Then bends today

Double leathers 6"x5/16" triangle edgin

Single loose leathers 

5"x1/4" hex FBBC crs

4.5"x1/4" hex FBBC crs

The last one took a Herculean effort of 4 minutes. I stopped filming after 3, and only got 30°. By then, I got a nasty cut, and still powered through for one final attempt past 40°. 

great training. I will be ok, I just need a lot of rest.  

I have the pictures posted on Instagram, hopefully @Blacksmith513 can post them for me again. 

I'd rather have this issue fixed than ask him to post my pictures. 

• Like 2