Race To The Red Nail

Chez

You the man dude!

All this bending going down had me grab a red and have at it in loose IMPs no bands, no bending warmup. It went to 120 degrees quickly. Not bad for nothing in 10 months. Crush was surprisingly not there but I think it was because I did max effort bench the day before. I'll try for a cert in Jan along with the #3. Thanks for the motivation Isaiah.

• Like 2

Word up Dan! Nice to see you still got eh? I'm sure you'll smash both of those certs no problem!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a vid of a 145# #3 CCS'd both hands and a Red nail per the rules. Felt good today. Also CCS'd the 153# #3 RH and bent a Bastard in the same pads (bastard bend over a minute) in this same workout. I've NEVER been able to bend a bastard in IMPs so this was a huge milestone. I'll keep doing the CCS and Red workout every other Monday and just work on consistancy.

The double cert practice is coming along nicely.

• Like 2

Dan, you continue to impress and inspire me every time I see one of your videos. Keep it up man!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the Grade 8 and in IM Pads. Bend felt pretty good with the kink, sweep and initial crush going a little better than expected. After the first minute of the bend I'm sure I got it within 2 inches being as how every time I attempted to crush it further it would just bounce back but I wanted to be absolutely sure so I went for the crush for a few minutes. Only have 1 G8 left so I'll try and get that sucker in my next workout and then maybe in few weeks try for a Red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5McOnMQoAQ

Smoked it dude. The way it kinked I say try a Red next workout. The Red will crush alot easier than the G8. No need to wait, smoke the Red!

Thanks Isiah. Well I'm at work now but mentally preparing for the Red when I get home. It's honestly all I can think about right now and am very anxious to give it a go. Probably go with a shorter focused grip workout then get into the bending and go for the Red. I feel the bends are easier in my IM pads than my suede wraps being as how the IM pads are folded.....It's going down!!!

Hell yes. Don't over think it. It's just a piece of steal and we know you have the strength to put it down. Just tell yourself it's a warmup bend.

DAMN!!!!! ...didn't get the Red tonight. Was extremely anxious all day, did my grippers for a bit then some open hand then a few bends and went for it. Warmed up with timber ties, a grade 2 and 2x Yellows (figured it made sense to get use to the 7" length) then tried the Red. Thought I might have been moving it and then the more I would try the more I'd feel the pressure and beginning of pain where the nail touches the joints. Not even a slight kink. Pretty disappointing but I'll just keep at it and I'll get it soon.

I had a really strenuous chest and tricep workout on Monday and even though my triceps were still very sore I don't feel that's why I didn't get the kink. Will need to get some more grade 8's and possibly some 5/16" grade 2's if they have them at home depot. I'll get this damn red nail soon.

Sounds like a good fight.

Chest work affects DO bending big time. Next time go for it when the chest is fresh. Also stick to solely 7" bars. I bought a box of 8"x5/16" g2 bolts at home depot. They felt 10-20# easier than a red when cut down to 7". They were a good warmup bend and red practice for volume work. Try those bolts bro.

Keep at it Brian. I would take all Dan's advice. Not long! I wanna see where Chez is at right now too.

I just started bending again. I did quite some bending for a few months last year and I think I've bent stuff three times this year :)

I bent the IM Red Nail last saturday anyways.

I train my wrists and body regularly which made med able to bend the red nail without bending for strength :)

Im now chasing the red nail in IMP's.

I bent the nail in double FBBC suede wraps.

Im gonna bend this shit in IMP's before may 6 2013 and Im going to cert next year. No doubt about it.

Keep at it Brian. I would take all Dan's advice. Not long! I wanna see where Chez is at right now too.

Ever since I bent the red in IMPS, I have been in a bending funk. Something is off and I haven't been able to correct it. One thing I have noticed is that I feel very tight across my chest, shoulders and biceps. I have felt like this before, but lately its been significant. I think all the heavy weight lifting is making it hard for me to get in proper DO position. Been trying to increase my power lifting lifts and I think its getting in the way of me bending. Right now, I'm in cram mode for finals so I'm taking a break from all training.

Bro let's both crush this Red when I swing by on the 23rd. I'll bring some extra wraps and those good rubber bands. I think the time off is going to be a good thing for ya.

I down. I thought we could simulate the first 3 events of the comp since it will be helpful to plan attempts. After that, it will be a free for all.

Not really sore from yesterday so I figured I'd give it one more go in double wraps to bypass the pain I was getting by the finger joints. Acted like it was my warm up bend and just went for it the second i got home. It started going but I started to burn out when I got towards the sweep. Went at it for minutes but I was worn out, mainly by the biceps and shoulders. I had nothing left. I'll just keep making attempts when I get time and rested. I only have 2 more Reds left so I got to make those count.

RedKink.jpg

• Like 1

Ah...nice job.

It's good to see the Red nail back to it's natural form....BENT!

• Like 1

That's lookin' good man! Nice job Brian! Chez that makes sense. I had a similar problem with lifting getting in the way. I stopped doing strict curls and that seemed to work for me. Stick with it man!

I'm here, I'm queer get used.... oh wait, that's for a different forum. Never mind.

I'm down for this too, though I am gonna take it in my lazy sweet time so I don't get hurt. How many people are working on this?

Sorry I didn't read all sixteen pages, but I've been chatting with Chez.