Race To The Red Nail

Chez

Was bound and determined that tonight was the night for my first full single IM pads Red nail bend and after rubbing my hands raw for a few minutes it finally happened. That's one helluva feeling. Didn't get a video, but got some after photos.

That is Awesome! Congrats!

Way to go Acro! I went after a Shiny just now and got it to about 100 degrees before it turned into an immovable object. Then went after another Bastard with the exact same results. They feel the same. :getlost: Odd. Well I'll probably rest a week and then go for 'em again.

Dang, tough bastards there bro. Shinies seem normal range, 485ish. Last year I got the 520+ shinies. Hard to cert stuff that keeps moving around. At least it's a challenge. The shinies are a tough sweep and crush. They say working stainless is the way to go for all around bending training. Makes other stuff seem easy.

Yeah. Halfway through the sweep it stopped cooperating! It's refreshing to have some steel in my range, and I'm diggin' the challenge.

Edited by Idiedintothe
  • Like 1

If you're down pick a bending goal for yourself for after the comp. I'll do the same. Then we can hammer the steel post comp.

Thanks guys. The funny thing is that after that bend I went for another and that sucker started going down a lot faster than the first, but I had to stop so I didn't bust a new blister on my hand. Damn good job Chez! Do you think your ready to go for it yet?

well, its definitely not a pretty bend but I took down a 6 inch Red Nail today in single IMPs. It took me 3 attempts with a couple mins rest in between each one and the form is god awful. At least I was persistent enough to finish it off. I was not very flexibility today and had to straight muscle the bar.

Bro once you get your flexibility up your going to be destroying the reds like they were nothing. Glad to see you're back in the Red race with this very impressive 6" bend. Your crush down crazy strong! Your probably going to be closer to a cert that I will be by a few months. I'm still getting the hands conditioned to do a red in singles. Once I can crack it in singles which will hopefully be soon then we'll see how far I am from your progress.

If you're down pick a bending goal for yourself for after the comp. I'll do the same. Then we can hammer the steel post comp.

I want to hit an Edgin by then. I doubt I will though. I'm trying to think of something right around 510 - 515. I guess i'll see how my workout goes next week.

thanks guys. I still have a while before I can even think about certing the red. I'm just getting back into bending after some time off where I was in a bad funk. I'm going to throw stretching into my routine starting tonight and I have some 7 inch long M Drill Rod so I can work on my 7 Inch technique. I told Nate that I wanted to try a 6 inch red because its much easier for me to DO 6 inch steel. Power isn't my problem. Its technique and range of motion. It gets really frustrating at times because I feel that I can't throw my full power into the bar because of my flexibility issues.

I'm coming for you guys!!! Tortoise, er, Shark wins the race!!!!

Bring it Sharkey! Electroreception won't save you!

thanks guys. I still have a while before I can even think about certing the red. I'm just getting back into bending after some time off where I was in a bad funk. I'm going to throw stretching into my routine starting tonight and I have some 7 inch long M Drill Rod so I can work on my 7 Inch technique. I told Nate that I wanted to try a 6 inch red because its much easier for me to DO 6 inch steel. Power isn't my problem. Its technique and range of motion. It gets really frustrating at times because I feel that I can't throw my full power into the bar because of my flexibility issues.

In my opinion, technique and flexibility work would give you big gains. I think your raw strength and the temptation to " Hulk smash! " everything can hinder you. Honestly I don't think I've seen anyone, except Tommy in his earlier vids, just muscle down a Red. It says a lot about your strength that you can do that. I'm excited to see what you'll be doing when your form is dialed in! Much love Chez!

• Like 1

In my opinion, technique and flexibility work would give you big gains. I think your raw strength and the temptation to " Hulk smash! " everything can hinder you. Honestly I don't think I've seen anyone, except Tommy in his earlier vids, just muscle down a Red. It says a lot about your strength that you can do that. I'm excited to see what you'll be doing when your form is dialed in! Much love Chez!

I'll keep working on it, but for now:

• Like 1

Yeah. That 6" red was an Abomination!

Edited by Idiedintothe

Making it look easy. Great Job dude. Makes me wanna bend but I'm still playing the waiting game with the HOSS #3.5.

Catch up? You're way past me. LOL. Looks like I'll be playing catch up now. Good bend!

I have a bastard bar that I want to try in a week how do they rate compare to the red nail? I got the fbbc beginner bag and it came with 3 5/16 round crs which I believe are the 'bastard' bars. The 1/4 and 3/16 were easy but I don't think I'll be able to get the 5/16 yet until I learn how to use DO technique. Yet curious if they are of similar strength to the red or weaker.