NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello Gripboard Members,

My name is Luke Raymond; I'm 29 y.o., 6'1", 210 lbs and have been a practicing physical therapist for just over 1 year. I was recently introduced to the grip sport from a former patient of mine which most of you may know, Jedd Johnson. I have been working grip for about 4-5 months, primarily the last 3 with Jedd. I have been a very active person all my life participating in baseball, football, basketball, golf, men's fastpitch softball, ultimate frisbee, and weight training. I did not get into weight training until after I tore my ACL in 2007 while playing flag football and have become very dedicated.

When I first started grip earlier this year I was only able to close a #2 gripper (with technique advice from Jedd) and just the other day I closed my first #3 (139 lbs RGC). I have participated in 3 grip contests over the past few months (The Holdfast Gauntlet, King Kong, and Gripmas) which I have set PR in basically all the events and I am excited to continue to train and set more. About 1 week ago I started trying bending and on my second day was able to bend the IM Red Nail with suede wraps in ~2.5 minutes.

2014 Grip Goals (current PR): 50-lb blob (lifted to mid-shin at Gripmas), IM Red Nail Certification (by end of January), COC #3.5, 200# 2-Hand Pinch (175#), 105 # 1-Hand Pinch (R-95# at Gripmas on 5th non-counting attempt, L 80#), 350 # DOH Axle (300 lb), 190 1-Arm Axle DL (R 170#, L 160#), 20-inch Sledge Choke (17# bilateral), and many more.

I look forward to meeting many more people in the grip sport as the positive attitude and optimistic mentality of many of the athletes I have experienced makes the sport much more enjoyable.

Glad you're on the board, Lucas!

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I'm Dave and new to the grip world but so far it's been a lot of fun. I'm 6'7 and currently about 295. Iv been into bodybuilding/powerlifting for roughly 10 years and now it's led me to the grip world. I was actually clueless about grip until directed to this board and had feats explained by another member, Gary. That's just a little about myself and glad to be here!

Welcome Dave!

Hello everyone! I'm Dave and new to the grip world but so far it's been a lot of fun. I'm 6'7 and currently about 295. Iv been into bodybuilding/powerlifting for roughly 10 years and now it's led me to the grip world. I was actually clueless about grip until directed to this board and had feats explained by another member, Gary. That's just a little about myself and glad to be here!

Good to have you here Dave!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Started gaining an interest for grip training recently as I plan on doing a strongman competition in 2015. My goals are in time to become a grip monster. Within the year I plan to close the coc #3, lift by the hub a 35lbs york plate, pinch grip two 35lbs old school York bb plates and to get 450lbs at the axle double over hand. I was at 1 inch of locking out 400lbs at the axle last week and was very pleased with myself. For the past month and a half I’ve been training pinch grip, wide grip with the bottom of kettle bells, thick vertical bars, and recently the rolling thunder which gets me the most frustrated. Looking forward to getting to learn from you guys and really enjoy watching all of the YouTube video's of Adam Glass, Jedd Johnson, monstagripp and Juha Harju.

Philippe, 20 years old, 6 foot 9 - 265lbs. Here is a vid of the axle lift-https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201454370226556&set=vb.1394515149&type=2&theater

Hey guys I am a factory worker in Canada, I'm around 185 LBS give or take mostly give... and about 6 feet...

I just recently closed the number 2 thanks to some training and I just ordered some info to learn how to bend nails...

I'm hoping to connect with a wide variey of people training in this sport who apply a variety of perspectives and methods...

Anyone here bending the red nail regularly...?

Welcome!

Hello guys,

Started gaining an interest for grip training recently as I plan on doing a strongman competition in 2015. My goals are in time to become a grip monster. Within the year I plan to close the coc #3, lift by the hub a 35lbs york plate, pinch grip two 35lbs old school York bb plates and to get 450lbs at the axle double over hand. I was at 1 inch of locking out 400lbs at the axle last week and was very pleased with myself. For the past month and a half I’ve been training pinch grip, wide grip with the bottom of kettle bells, thick vertical bars, and recently the rolling thunder which gets me the most frustrated. Looking forward to getting to learn from you guys and really enjoy watching all of the YouTube video's of Adam Glass, Jedd Johnson, monstagripp and Juha Harju.

Philippe, 20 years old, 6 foot 9 - 265lbs. Here is a vid of the axle lift-https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201454370226556&set=vb.1394515149&type=2&theater

Hey guys I am a factory worker in Canada, I'm around 185 LBS give or take mostly give... and about 6 feet...

I just recently closed the number 2 thanks to some training and I just ordered some info to learn how to bend nails...

I'm hoping to connect with a wide variey of people training in this sport who apply a variety of perspectives and methods...

Anyone here bending the red nail regularly...?

Welcome!

Hello to all!

Im Yury 26y, 5'8, 176, from Estonia. . I like training in the gym. In free time I like to run. And I like challenges very much. And I choose grip challenge for me. Thats why Im here.

Im here since 2012, but after the registration I forgot this forum.. But now Im back. Back because I have my challenge, challenge to close COC #3

. My first gripper was HG200. On the first day I could close it x1 with both hands, on the second day it was x3 both hands. Then I was messing around with it like 3 weeks and was able to do x15 both hands.My technique was "the less the better", I was gripping like 2 days times per week with it.

Then I had a long gap, like almost a year off.

Now Im back. And now I ordered COC 2.5. It feels hard but Im half inch away from closing it. I try to find here best way to build myself up and close the COC#3!!

Hope you all have a nice day!

Yury

Hello to all!

Im Yury 26y, 5'8, 176, from Estonia. . I like training in the gym. In free time I like to run. And I like challenges very much. And I choose grip challenge for me. Thats why Im here.

Im here since 2012, but after the registration I forgot this forum.. But now Im back. Back because I have my challenge, challenge to close COC #3

. My first gripper was HG200. On the first day I could close it x1 with both hands, on the second day it was x3 both hands. Then I was messing around with it like 3 weeks and was able to do x15 both hands.My technique was "the less the better", I was gripping like 2 days times per week with it.

Then I had a long gap, like almost a year off.

Now Im back. And now I ordered COC 2.5. It feels hard but Im half inch away from closing it. I try to find here best way to build myself up and close the COC#3!!

Hope you all have a nice day!

Yury

Welcome!

Hi,

I am Sue and I live in Baltimore, MD and compete in Strongwoman comepitions. I am 47, 6'-0" and well, let's say I am easily a HW competitior. Amy Wattles suggested I check out this group as I would like to improve my grip for competitions and also would be interested in competing in Grip Competions. I love making my own grip equipment almost as much as I like using it too!

I am looking forward to all your collective advice!

Have a great day!

• Like 3

Hi,

I am Sue and I live in Baltimore, MD and compete in Strongwoman comepitions. I am 47, 6'-0" and well, let's say I am easily a HW competitior. Amy Wattles suggested I check out this group as I would like to improve my grip for competitions and also would be interested in competing in Grip Competions. I love making my own grip equipment almost as much as I like using it too!

I am looking forward to all your collective advice!

Have a great day!

Welcome!

Hi all,

My name is Carter Woolfolk and I have been lifting and investigating feats of strength for several years now. What I really want to get some guidance with is steel bending and crushing strength. My crushing grip stinks, and I have woman sized hands, but that hasn't seemed to affect my steel bending. I have bent a grade 5 bolt DU, a diamond classic # 2, fished a 48 inch long 1/2 inch round bar without using my foot, and today I put three coils in a 1/4 inch x 1 inch x 48 inches. I have also torn 70 plastic coated playing cards and would like some advice on how to go about aquiring phone books. Besides that, I like to lift barbells and dumbbells, train isometic holds, and just started a masters in Exercise Science.

I would love to give shout outs to all the strongmen and athletes who have inspired me (both dead and living) but I am afraid that would be too long a list. I think I will quote the first, and most influential strong man in my strength training journey: "Throughout my whole career I have never bothered as to whether I was a champion or not a champion; the only title I have desired to be known by is simpliy my name: George Hackenschmidt."

I would appreciate any feedback you could give me.

Take it easy, unless you are in the gym.

Hi all,

My name is Carter Woolfolk and I have been lifting and investigating feats of strength for several years now. What I really want to get some guidance with is steel bending and crushing strength. My crushing grip stinks, and I have woman sized hands, but that hasn't seemed to affect my steel bending. I have bent a grade 5 bolt DU, a diamond classic # 2, fished a 48 inch long 1/2 inch round bar without using my foot, and today I put three coils in a 1/4 inch x 1 inch x 48 inches. I have also torn 70 plastic coated playing cards and would like some advice on how to go about aquiring phone books. Besides that, I like to lift barbells and dumbbells, train isometic holds, and just started a masters in Exercise Science.

I would love to give shout outs to all the strongmen and athletes who have inspired me (both dead and living) but I am afraid that would be too long a list. I think I will quote the first, and most influential strong man in my strength training journey: "Throughout my whole career I have never bothered as to whether I was a champion or not a champion; the only title I have desired to be known by is simpliy my name: George Hackenschmidt."

I would appreciate any feedback you could give me.

Take it easy, unless you are in the gym.

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Just got started in grip training. I recently bought the CoC 1, 2, & 3. I can currently get the #3 a little past parallel. My goal is to get certified in everything possible ( CoC, ghp, Mash Monster).

Hello all. My name is Rob. I got into jiu jitsu and indian clubs a few years ago. now I focus my gym time on sports specific excercises for jiu jitsu and big heavy axes. I am starting to collect grip training equipment but I have not had a need for CoC style grippers yet. this seems like the best place to discuss grip training equipment and training techniques.

Hey! Just got started in grip training. I recently bought the CoC 1, 2, & 3. I can currently get the #3 a little past parallel. My goal is to get certified in everything possible ( CoC, ghp, Mash Monster).

Hello all. My name is Rob. I got into jiu jitsu and indian clubs a few years ago. now I focus my gym time on sports specific excercises for jiu jitsu and big heavy axes. I am starting to collect grip training equipment but I have not had a need for CoC style grippers yet. this seems like the best place to discuss grip training equipment and training techniques.

Welcome!

Hello.

My name is Ross I live in Michigan.

6'/235. 39 years old.

Boxing/powerlifting background. Back injury few month back put me out of commission as far as heavy lifting goes so I've been concentrating on my gripping lately.

Bought a couple of coc grippers a while ago but never trained my grip much. Mostly just overcrushing or doing a few reps with a #2 while driving once in a while.

Mostly interested in improving my crushing grip (can close #2.5 for 2-3 reps with a parallel set right now) also started training with im hub and strongergrip's loadable blob to improve the pinch.

Goals-wise - hoping to close coc #3 within a couple of years.

Hi guy's I'm Liam 27 from England I've always been interested in different forms of strength and training but my current situation i don't go to a gym at all as work, money and living expenses doesn't really give me the chance to train as i would like. I started getting into grip strength training in December i bought some heavy grips hand grippers and have been addicted ever since i just love doing grip strength training.

I'm naturally a decently strong lad but I'm not naturally or genetically that big built but I've always pushed myself to try harder to get to where i want to be. I've fell in love with grip strength training i'm currently working towards closing the heavy grips 250 i'm close to closing it but not quite there and to say I've only been using them since December i'm pretty happy with the progress I have made.

I just want to learn as much as possible from the guys on here and hopefully improve my grip strength as in my opinion and this may sound stupid but a strong grip is a real sign of manliness. It may sound stupid but when you greet someone say in a pub or out somewhere and you shake someones hand you can generally tell if someone has been a hard worker or a grafter all there life from the crushing grip in there hand shake and I think it shows that your a strong " REAL MAN" as some would say lol but i mainly just want to learn about the different aspects of grip strength and improve my own thanks.

Hey gang I'm 34 years old and have weight trained for about 20 years. Picked a set of heavy grips 150,200,250 after seeing some YouTube video. After learning more I wish I would of gotten some COC's. I'm just looking to get away from straps and see if I can come close to closing some of the bigger ones.

Hello.

My name is Ross I live in Michigan.

6'/235. 39 years old.

Boxing/powerlifting background. Back injury few month back put me out of commission as far as heavy lifting goes so I've been concentrating on my gripping lately.

Bought a couple of coc grippers a while ago but never trained my grip much. Mostly just overcrushing or doing a few reps with a #2 while driving once in a while.

Mostly interested in improving my crushing grip (can close #2.5 for 2-3 reps with a parallel set right now) also started training with im hub and strongergrip's loadable blob to improve the pinch.

Goals-wise - hoping to close coc #3 within a couple of years.

Hi guy's I'm Liam 27 from England I've always been interested in different forms of strength and training but my current situation i don't go to a gym at all as work, money and living expenses doesn't really give me the chance to train as i would like. I started getting into grip strength training in December i bought some heavy grips hand grippers and have been addicted ever since i just love doing grip strength training.

I'm naturally a decently strong lad but I'm not naturally or genetically that big built but I've always pushed myself to try harder to get to where i want to be. I've fell in love with grip strength training i'm currently working towards closing the heavy grips 250 i'm close to closing it but not quite there and to say I've only been using them since December i'm pretty happy with the progress I have made.

I just want to learn as much as possible from the guys on here and hopefully improve my grip strength as in my opinion and this may sound stupid but a strong grip is a real sign of manliness. It may sound stupid but when you greet someone say in a pub or out somewhere and you shake someones hand you can generally tell if someone has been a hard worker or a grafter all there life from the crushing grip in there hand shake and I think it shows that your a strong " REAL MAN" as some would say lol but i mainly just want to learn about the different aspects of grip strength and improve my own thanks.

Hey gang I'm 34 years old and have weight trained for about 20 years. Picked a set of heavy grips 150,200,250 after seeing some YouTube video. After learning more I wish I would of gotten some COC's. I'm just looking to get away from straps and see if I can come close to closing some of the bigger ones.

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for not introducing myself when I registered here.

My name is Ivan Beritashvili and I am from Moscow, Russia. I am 25 y.o.(till 29th of March), 182 cm height, 95 kilos weight.
I am the leader of Russian On-line community "Iron Grip". it is created on basement of Russian social network VKontakte, here is the link http://vk.com/irongrip
It was created about 5-and-half years ago, we were learning by youtube videos of top grip and bending atheletes, trying by ourselves, sharing experience. Now we are 8600 members.

All this time I was building up the interest and populisation of grip-sport and steel bending, by high on-line activity and promoting Moscow grip competitions .
My first experience of international grip contests promoting was at August 2011, when Mr. Horne became the first man to give us hand and took us on board in his WSH competition.

Also I am grip and steel bending coach in fight&fit "PALADIN" center. For about one year of my coaching, I have grown up 1 CoC#3 and 5 red nail certified atheletes. Some of them already had good basement in aspects of grip. My main social goal is to make grip-sport and steel bending popular, spectacular and prestige, to involve as many people as it is possible.

Talking about my own achievements - I am CoC#3 certified, WSH 2012 and 2013 winner. Currently I occupy on #2 spot in David Horne's long and mid bar braced benders list.

In unbraced bending my favorite style is reverse, my goal is to bring it to highest possible level my body could bear.

Greetings and big respect to all Gripboard members!! Glad to become part of this forum.

Edited by Ivan Beritashvili
  • Like 1

I apologize for not introducing myself when I registered here.

My name is Ivan Beritashvili and I am from Moscow, Russia. I am 25 y.o.(till 29th of March), 182 cm height, 95 kilos weight.

I am the leader of Russian On-line community "Iron Grip". it is created on basement of Russian social network VKontakte, here is the link http://vk.com/irongrip

It was created about 5-and-half years ago, we were learning by youtube videos of top grip and bending atheletes, trying by ourselves, sharing experience. Now we are 8600 members.

All this time I was building up the interest and populisation of grip-sport and steel bending, by high on-line activity and promoting Moscow grip competitions .

My first experience of international grip contests promoting was at August 2011, when Mr. Horne became the first man to give us hand and took us on board in his WSH competition.

Also I am grip and steel bending coach in fight&fit "PALADIN" center. For about one year of my coaching, I have grown up 1 CoC#3 and 5 red nail certified atheletes. Some of them already had good basement in aspects of grip. My main social goal is to make grip-sport and steel bending popular, spectacular and prestige, to involve as many people as it is possible.

Talking about my own achievements - I am CoC#3 certified, WSH 2012 and 2013 winner. Currently I occupy on #2 spot in David Horne's long and mid bar braced benders list.

In unbraced bending my favorite style is reverse, my goal is to bring it to highest possible level my body could bear.

Greetings and big respect to all Gripboard members!! Glad to become part of this forum.

Welcome Ivan!

• Like 1

Greetings from Amityville, NY....My name is John aka. SGT Frank Castle. I am a medically retired US Army SGT and current Correctional Officer for the Federal bureau of prisons. I just recently got into powerlifting & gripsport.

I look forward to learning from everyone and sharing my own thoughts & ideas.

Respectfully,

John Ryanpost-21501-0-02672400-1393866690_thumb.j

Greetings from Amityville, NY....My name is John aka. SGT Frank Castle. I am a medically retired US Army SGT and current Correctional Officer for the Federal bureau of prisons. I just recently got into powerlifting & gripsport.

I look forward to learning from everyone and sharing my own thoughts & ideas.

Respectfully,

John Ryanattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Welcome John!

Hey everyone my names Sal I'm 19 and I just closed the #3 gripper. I'm looking to further my grip training so hopefully this site will do the trick

• Like 1