NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Jorrit de Jong, and I live in the Netherlands. I am a powerlifter and started grip training almost a year ago. From the beginning when I first closed a CoC gripper, I liked it very much and challenging to close heavier grippers.

I did stop working on my gripstrength for a month or so, but started since last week again and closed the CoC#2 quite easy. Now I am planning to go through with closing grippers and expanding my gripper collection.

Hello :D, thanks for letting me be a part of your group - My name is Daniel, i'm 21, i'm a martial arts practitioner/instructor, I started to train in bodybuilding for 2 years and since last year I joined armwrestling as a referee and this year i became an official armwrestling referee - also this year myself and a good friend started to organise the 1'st romanin gripping contest, and by the end of this month we will be doing the second edition of a gripping contest in Romania - I'm not good at closing grippers yet (CoC 1,5 is the maximum i can close) but I'm training :) - anyway, all I want is to be in connection with all the grippers in the world, so i can be able to become a good gripping judge and to promote at a high level gripping in my country -

in my opinion, gripping = represents a battle with your weaknesses where pure strength dominates

have a nice day gentlmen!

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Jorrit de Jong, and I live in the Netherlands. I am a powerlifter and started grip training almost a year ago. From the beginning when I first closed a CoC gripper, I liked it very much and challenging to close heavier grippers.

I did stop working on my gripstrength for a month or so, but started since last week again and closed the CoC#2 quite easy. Now I am planning to go through with closing grippers and expanding my gripper collection.

Welcome!

Welcome everybody! Please be sure to post and take an active role here in our community.

Thanks.

Jedd

I'm Marc & "grip training" is brand new to me. That is, I've never thought in terms of directly training my grip.

I'm here Because I've become aware of the vital importance grip training has on any athletic endeavor. And so, I'd like to learn grip strength to become a better athlete. In addition, to learn how grip training affects every aspect of daily life, and implement such knowledge.

If It is of expert opinion that I'm to much of a novice to be here, please tell me. Thank you.

I'm Marc & "grip training" is brand new to me. That is, I've never thought in terms of directly training my grip.

I'm here Because I've become aware of the vital importance grip training has on any athletic endeavor. And so, I'd like to learn grip strength to become a better athlete. In addition, to learn how grip training affects every aspect of daily life, and implement such knowledge.

If It is of expert opinion that I'm to much of a novice to be here, please tell me. Thank you.

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

My name is Herb Kellins. I live in San Jose,ca. I'm 48, 175lbs and 5'7".

I'm a chiropractor as well as a personal trainer on the side just because its fun.

I've been lifting for over 25 years and a powerlifter for the last 10 or so.

I have a great gym at my home that is setup just to get and stay strong.

I have always been interested in old time strength guys and just started working on grip strength.

I recently bought a Thomas Inch DB trainer from Atomic athletics and my goal is to lift it at full weight by years end. It currently weighs 95lbs

Hey All,

My name is Herb Kellins. I live in San Jose,ca. I'm 48, 175lbs and 5'7".

I'm a chiropractor as well as a personal trainer on the side just because its fun.

I've been lifting for over 25 years and a powerlifter for the last 10 or so.

I have a great gym at my home that is setup just to get and stay strong.

I have always been interested in old time strength guys and just started working on grip strength.

I recently bought a Thomas Inch DB trainer from Atomic athletics and my goal is to lift it at full weight by years end. It currently weighs 95lbs

Welcome!

Hi...My name is Amanda. I am a powerlifter and have become interested in grip training due to deadlifting. I am new to grip training and am looking for ways to improve and build my grip.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been on here for years.. Good to be back. I just did a 45 lb hub lift today at the gym.. a long time goal. Happy to be back here

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Grip Warriors,

I am back! I have change my older name from the Bionic Man to D*Bionic. I been training hard as of late! I'm about

147 pound and goal to claim pound for pound strongest! I will be posting some pinch feats and a one arm pull up off a goal post this summer! I hope everyone have a great 2013&Beyond...

Edited by D*Bionic

Hi...My name is Amanda. I am a powerlifter and have become interested in grip training due to deadlifting. I am new to grip training and am looking for ways to improve and build my grip.

I haven't been on here for years.. Good to be back. I just did a 45 lb hub lift today at the gym.. a long time goal. Happy to be back here

Hello Grip Warriors,

I am back! I have change my older name from the Bionic Man to D*Bionic. I been training hard as of late! I'm about

147 pound and goal to claim pound for pound strongest! I will be posting some pinch feats and a one arm pull up off a goal post this summer! I hope everyone have a great 2013&Beyond...

Welcome everyone!

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

My name is Christopher Johnston and I am somewhat new to the world of weight / grip training. After years of participating in endurance cycling and running competitions with my wife, I finally decided to pursue my personal goal of competing in a (or a series of) Highland Games tournaments. So last November, after a grueling distance run, I decided to begin an intentional weight training and gaining program to prepare.

I am 34 years old, 6'2", and 190lbs. My personal lifting goals for 2013 are 300 on the bench, 400 on the squat, and 500 on the deadlift. My personal grip goals for 2013 are to close the COC #2.5 (as of today I am about 1.5 inches from the close) and plate pinch 4x10 for 10 secs.

Thank you so much for hosting a website that supports the grip training community. I look forward to picking up any tips or tricks that will better my weight, grip, or Highland training.

Edited by exactoknife

Hi my name is Tyler I've been using grippers for about a year now COCs and I'm addictited.

I grew up playing basketball through high school and college. I then got addicted too lifting weights and I have been ever since. I'm 26 years old 6'10 280lbs and a police officer by profession.

I can close the number 3 coc from a wider then parallel but not a CCS yet which is

Mine main focus now. I would also l

• Like 1

I hit post by accident but I would also like to improve my rolling thunder as well as pitch grip too. I have quite large hands so it makes some things easierr but something's harder too.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Christopher Johnston and I am somewhat new to the world of weight / grip training. After years of participating in endurance cycling and running competitions with my wife, I finally decided to pursue my personal goal of competing in a (or a series of) Highland Games tournaments. So last November, after a grueling distance run, I decided to begin an intentional weight training and gaining program to prepare.

I am 34 years old, 6'2", and 190lbs. My personal lifting goals for 2013 are 300 on the bench, 400 on the squat, and 500 on the deadlift. My personal grip goals for 2013 are to close the COC #2.5 (as of today I am about 1.5 inches from the close) and plate pinch 4x10 for 10 secs.

Thank you so much for hosting a website that supports the grip training community. I look forward to picking up any tips or tricks that will better my weight, grip, or Highland training.

Welcome and really strong lifts also grip training will definitely help with throwing some of the best grip athletes on here were throwers.

Hi my name is Tyler I've been using grippers for about a year now COCs and I'm addictited.

I grew up playing basketball through high school and college. I then got addicted too lifting weights and I have been ever since. I'm 26 years old 6'10 280lbs and a police officer by profession.

I can close the number 3 coc from a wider then parallel but not a CCS yet which is

Wow you are a large man you should try some pinch and thickbar grip you will put up outrageous numbers due to your size alone. A # 3 close is a big deal also hope you stay active can't wait to see what you can do.

Hello Everyone,

Welcome!

Welcome new members. Since I've joined, Ive come a long way in gripping thanks to the advice of everyone on here and so will you!!

Good luck.

Hello Everyone,

Welcome and really strong lifts also grip training will definitely help with throwing some of the best grip athletes on here were throwers.

Thanks for the encouragement Stephen. I'm really looking forward to digging deeper and getting advice on how to progress in both disciplines.

Its neat to be back, neat to recognize a lot of posters, and awesome that the gripboard and grip in general is still going strong. I havent done any grip work in almost 8 years! The grippers drew me back, my first and true grip love lol. I barely got my 2.5 to parrallel the other day :angry2: , A LONG road ahead of me. Ive been trying to catch up on all the big feats but its just too much to take in. I figured acorn would be the strongest at grippers by now but this Paul Knight guy keeps poping up lol. I see a ton of new guys who are crazy strong as well. Very to cool to see how many guy's from back in the day are Certed COC'c now too. Well, time to get to work...again lol :rock

Hi I'm JG. I'm 24 years old, 6' and 155 lbs (awww). Got in some trouble and decided to start working out in a serious manner as an outlet instead of drinking. Anyway I've always been a fan of grip training and old time strongman stuff. I used to train grip when I was younger (got my #1 coc when I was 16 I think) I will be honest: I don't have a set routine right now I just have have been working out 4 days per week and have been tracking my progress for the last 4 months. as far as grip goes I can rep the 1.5 for 10 and close the handles on the #2 on a good day. I'm coming close to levering 6 lb sledge hammers each hand at the end of the handle. right now all I have is a 100lb sandbag, a 50 and 60lb kettlebell, sledgehammers, grippers, and dumbells with the fat gripz extreme handle adapters. I also do hard labor at a lumber mill. I've been reading alot of books recently which has given me some insight into proper training. I'm looking to get even more serious and plan on using this forum as a tool to do so. I'm pretty open minded, so lay it on me if that's your deal. I want to learn and progress.

Thanks,

JG

Hi I'm JG. I'm 24 years old, 6' and 155 lbs (awww). Got in some trouble and decided to start working out in a serious manner as an outlet instead of drinking. Anyway I've always been a fan of grip training and old time strongman stuff. I used to train grip when I was younger (got my #1 coc when I was 16 I think) I will be honest: I don't have a set routine right now I just have have been working out 4 days per week and have been tracking my progress for the last 4 months. as far as grip goes I can rep the 1.5 for 10 and close the handles on the #2 on a good day. I'm coming close to levering 6 lb sledge hammers each hand at the end of the handle. right now all I have is a 100lb sandbag, a 50 and 60lb kettlebell, sledgehammers, grippers, and dumbells with the fat gripz extreme handle adapters. I also do hard labor at a lumber mill. I've been reading alot of books recently which has given me some insight into proper training. I'm looking to get even more serious and plan on using this forum as a tool to do so. I'm pretty open minded, so lay it on me if that's your deal. I want to learn and progress.

Thanks,

JG

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Its neat to be back, neat to recognize a lot of posters, and awesome that the gripboard and grip in general is still going strong. I havent done any grip work in almost 8 years! The grippers drew me back, my first and true grip love lol. I barely got my 2.5 to parrallel the other day :angry2: , A LONG road ahead of me. Ive been trying to catch up on all the big feats but its just too much to take in. I figured acorn would be the strongest at grippers by now but this Paul Knight guy keeps poping up lol. I see a ton of new guys who are crazy strong as well. Very to cool to see how many guy's from back in the day are Certed COC'c now too. Well, time to get to work...again lol :rock

Welcome Back to the board!

Hi, my name is Josh im 25 years old 6 foot 1 and 195 pounds im a armed guard and love to lift, i have always been into grip traing and always wondered if they made a heavier gripper than lets say ( Sporting good store type grippers ). I always made my own tools for grip i first dicovered the wrist roller when i was 15 in a bruce lee book still use it to this day. I always lifted and it helped me threw hard times you no a get away i also persued the police academy and passed, being interested in gun's having a good grip is very important i actually discovered iron mind hand grippers in the back of a gun magazine. You talk about feeling like your world now made sense! Heavy hand grippers my dream came true, i then realized they had been around for years i ordered the 2 the next day. When i recieved it i was excited to try i opened it mustard up all my might and closed it shut, amazed by it i ordered more even created my own spring loaded gripper for negatives i recently shut the coc3 after 3 months time i plan to certify on it and more, i am greatful to be a new member on a site that seems to be perfect for what i have always enjoyed, nice to meet everyone and happy grippin!