NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

I'm Joey, 24 from Sydney.

I've been grip training for 4 months now. Main purpose is to keep my hands in good shape for the gym and drumming.

Gripper Accomplishments:

HG 200 &250 - left hand 200

CoC 1.5, 2, 2.5 - left hand 1.5

Manus Gorilla (lvl 4) - left hand gorilla

GHP level 5

Baraban Adjustable Deluxe level 4-5 (hard spring) level 10-10 (easy spring)

I also use the 'FLEXTEND' glove for extensor training and the Ironmind IMTUG Have really helped strengthen my pinkie and ring fingers to be able to close the 2.5. My increased hand strength has made a world of difference with my pull ups, bench press and dead lift.

Hope to speak to you guys and share advice in future.

Joey

Hello to everyone,

my name is giuseppe biondi from italy. I started to training with gripper because i practice in shooting sports so i need to training me hands grip. Actually im working with RB grippers 160, 180 and 210 lbs. I use the 160 to warm up my forearms to go up to the 180 to train with it 5 rep. x 5 set and at last some negative and isometric work with the 210.

My goal is to became able to use the RB280 in the next months. I hope to learn as much as possible in this forum from guys that have experience on the gripper workout.

thanks to all

gibi

Hi All!

I am Lammert Bies, Dutch from origin but currently mostly found in the mountains in Central Asia. Nice to see some fellow Dutch members Theo and Royz who introduced themselves here recently.

I have no history in strength training, but bought myself a CoC Trainer half a year ago because it was about the only strength training equipment I could easily take with me while traveling and I have been hooked since. Was able to master the #1 comfortably in about six weeks, and then stopped training towards heavier grippers for some months because I forgot to take some grippers with me in my baggage (won't do that again :blush)

Started gripping again about a month ago and can currently do a single TNS CoC #2 with left, and 3 reps TNS CoC #1.5 with my right hand. Currently working towards the #2.5 and obviously to CCS #3, but that may take a while.

My main current focus with the rest of my body is a combination of strength and endurance, not hypertrophy. Main reason for this is my current work as a mountain guide, where bulky heavy muscles may hinder me, rather then being a benefit. Strong grip and strength in general however is very handy in the mountains. Currently working on 200 consecutive Hindu squats and I am sure I'll reach that goal earlier than certifying for the #3 :grin:

My first goal here is to read and learn, and secondly to give back to the community if I have something interesting to share with you.

Welcome!

Hi,

I'm Max and I'm from Sydney Australia. I've become a big fan of armwrestling the last 2 years, and have recently become interested in grip training. Close to closing a coc #2, had it for two weeks.

Have a great day!

Max

Hi,

I'm Max and I'm from Sydney Australia. I've become a big fan of armwrestling the last 2 years, and have recently become interested in grip training. Close to closing a coc #2, had it for two weeks.

Have a great day!

Max

Welcome Max!

Hello to everyone,my name is Gabriele i am 18 years,6.1 ft tall and weight 245 lb.

I was able to close the CoC 3 with a CCS and the ghp 7 with block set after 8 months cause i got involved in grip strength training for armwrestling.

Obviously my favorite feat of strength is bursting up cans of beer.http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/4NHNnvDSzew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Welcome!

Hi everyone my name's Tim. I just joined yesterday. I'm 23 years old, 5'9" and about 165.

History: I used to be very active in track (did triple jump for 7 years). For the past 4 years I've been dealing with a spine/hip condition that makes it very difficult to do heavy consistent leg work. I pretty much just do abs, arms, wrists and tons of pull ups. I kind of stumbled upon the captain of crush grippers on the internet last year and my then girlfriend (now fiance) bought me the #1.5 for Christmas. I closed it around February. Just last week I credit card-closed the #2...yay! Like a lot of people, I would like to eventually close the #3.

I joined GripBoard because it seemed like it was highly recommended by everyone who was anyone in the world of grip. My stats aren't too extraordinary yet, but I am eager to learn as much as I can.

Tim

Hi everyone my name's Tim. I just joined yesterday. I'm 23 years old, 5'9" and about 165.

History: I used to be very active in track (did triple jump for 7 years). For the past 4 years I've been dealing with a spine/hip condition that makes it very difficult to do heavy consistent leg work. I pretty much just do abs, arms, wrists and tons of pull ups. I kind of stumbled upon the captain of crush grippers on the internet last year and my then girlfriend (now fiance) bought me the #1.5 for Christmas. I closed it around February. Just last week I credit card-closed the #2...yay! Like a lot of people, I would like to eventually close the #3.

I joined GripBoard because it seemed like it was highly recommended by everyone who was anyone in the world of grip. My stats aren't too extraordinary yet, but I am eager to learn as much as I can.

Tim

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Hi All!

I joined a year or so ago, but forgot to do this part. Anyway, my name is Malcolm Majesky.

I was a thrower at Ashland University for 5 years. Craig Call got me involved in grip. Then I met and worked for Andrew Durniat for a while, who further increased my grip strength and knowledge. I am currently a strength and conditioning coach for the United States Army.

I am 6'4", 240lbs give or take. Last year at the Arnold Classic I was fortunate enough to be the dark horse for the Sorinex Mighty Mitts Competition on the main stage. (what an experience).

I look to keep learning from people on this website and to continue getting stronger.

Malcolm

Hello all,

I am Delmar and I have been doing Grip training and Arm Wrestling since earlier this year and I have been really enjoying it. My goal are to certify in everything I can and find Grip events that I can travel by car too.

I am 32 5'11" 255lbs and just naturally stout. I started working out at home and the gym earlier this year and plan to stick with it. So far I can bend 5/16" x 7" Hot rolled steel in IM pads, Pinch grip 2 45's in my right hand, picking up my 50lb hex dumbbell, and on my homemade hub lifter I can pick up 65lbs (total weight) right handed. Another goal is that I would like to get a rolling thunder and do the crushed to dust challenge. People are fascinated about my huge hands when I Arm Wrestle. I know it's an advantage in AW. I am guessing it is in grip besides the pinching the mess out of my hand when I use grippers. My Youtube channel is under acromegaman79 if you want to look. I am new to this and I am looking to become better in pulling, gripping, and bending. Thanks

Edited by acromegaman

Pinch grip 2 45's in my right hand

Well, I was doing this one with the plates inside out. lol . This is now one of my goals.

Hi All!

I joined a year or so ago, but forgot to do this part. Anyway, my name is Malcolm Majesky.

I was a thrower at Ashland University for 5 years. Craig Call got me involved in grip. Then I met and worked for Andrew Durniat for a while, who further increased my grip strength and knowledge. I am currently a strength and conditioning coach for the United States Army.

I am 6'4", 240lbs give or take. Last year at the Arnold Classic I was fortunate enough to be the dark horse for the Sorinex Mighty Mitts Competition on the main stage. (what an experience).

I look to keep learning from people on this website and to continue getting stronger.

Malcolm

Hello all,

I am Delmar and I have been doing Grip training and Arm Wrestling since earlier this year and I have been really enjoying it. My goal are to certify in everything I can and find Grip events that I can travel by car too.

I am 32 5'11" 255lbs and just naturally stout. I started working out at home and the gym earlier this year and plan to stick with it. So far I can bend 5/16" x 7" Hot rolled steel in IM pads, Pinch grip 2 45's in my right hand, picking up my 50lb hex dumbbell, and on my homemade hub lifter I can pick up 65lbs (total weight) right handed. Another goal is that I would like to get a rolling thunder and do the crushed to dust challenge. People are fascinated about my huge hands when I Arm Wrestle. I know it's an advantage in AW. I am guessing it is in grip besides the pinching the mess out of my hand when I use grippers. My Youtube channel is under acromegaman79 if you want to look. I am new to this and I am looking to become better in pulling, gripping, and bending. Thanks

Welcome to the board!

• Like 1

I'm new here, so be kind.

I've been interested in being a gripper for a while.

I just found out I'm going to be a father (number three). It is a bit of a shock ,but,welcome to the world

I can squash six number two coc and have just started the two hundred squats and one hundred pushups programs. Time to step up. They world doesn't come with handles.

• Like 1

I'm new here, so be kind.

I've been interested in being a gripper for a while.

I just found out I'm going to be a father (number three). It is a bit of a shock ,but,welcome to the world

I can squash six number two coc and have just started the two hundred squats and one hundred pushups programs. Time to step up. They world doesn't come with handles.

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Theo Burggraaff, not a new member though. Previously went under the name Dutch, but i forgot my password LOL..

Been out of the grip game for about 6 years, but want to get started again. Am #3 certified, was doing alright on the V bar, and well, that's it :)

Nice to see you back. Hope you'll feed the gripboard with your long experience in gripstrength. New challenges for you ?

Hi,

I'm Theo Burggraaff, not a new member though. Previously went under the name Dutch, but i forgot my password LOL..

Been out of the grip game for about 6 years, but want to get started again. Am #3 certified, was doing alright on the V bar, and well, that's it :)

Nice to see you back. Hope you'll feed the gripboard with your long experience in gripstrength. New challenges for you ?

Hi Theo, you were doing griptraining before I even heard of it...not many Dutch guys around here....welkom terug!

• 2 weeks later...

I am back! Been away way too long!! Yey! Thanks Wannagrip for helping me get back on here with password and such

^ Joined 42 years ago... nice, welcome :)

This is Blackdog. We got him hooked into his old username and deleted his new account since we got his old back up. ;)

I am back! Been away way too long!! Yey! Thanks Wannagrip for helping me get back on here with password and such

Welcome back!

Hello Everyone!

I'm a complete newbie so, I will be reading and learning as much as I can from this forum. I've been a powerlifter for nearly 4 years but, am currently switching to strongman. I'll be 22yo in less than a month, around 6'3"-6'4" and currently 385lbs. (Will go down a bit but, not below 300.) As far as grip training goes, I don't know much about it. I bought a few grippers a year or two ago with intentions to start training and get a feel for what some of them felt like. I bought the HG200, HG350, and a CoC #3. ( I know...a bit all over the place lol) Anyhow, the HG200 is very easy for me. I have get the CoC#3 fairly close but, I still need a decent amount of work I would imagine. I plan on picking up a #1, #2, and #2.5 soon to hopefully make it to the #3. I'm excited to learn about the other grippers out there and the other grip strength implements and challenges. It's going to take me a while but, I would really like to start certifying on the different grippers. Any suggestions with which one to start working towards? Thanks for the great forum and for letting me be a part of it!

Have a great day

Hi all,

My name is Dennis im 32 and from Denmark. Been lurking around in the shadows on and of for a while now ever since i began bodyweight training, at first for the sole reason of not wanting to end up like a lot of my family, but i've been hooked ever since.

Anyway grip training got my attention, after it became obvious that my pull- chinups was being hampered by a very weak grip. At first i was only doing timed hangs from my gym rings, but later started incorporating towel hangs, all static grip training.

Then for my 32'th birthday i finally got some CC's grippers: Trainer, #1 & #2, and i'm hooked. "Graduated as a financial economist this summer and have been out of job since and with wife and a son, training equipment haven't really been high on the list of things to spend money on".

But anyway talking about my weak grip on a good day i can close the #1 with my left hand, and almost with my right. :glare: (you guessed it i'm left handed)

Cheers

Edited by RadX_8210
  • Like 1

Hello Everyone!

I'm a complete newbie so, I will be reading and learning as much as I can from this forum. I've been a powerlifter for nearly 4 years but, am currently switching to strongman. I'll be 22yo in less than a month, around 6'3"-6'4" and currently 385lbs. (Will go down a bit but, not below 300.) As far as grip training goes, I don't know much about it. I bought a few grippers a year or two ago with intentions to start training and get a feel for what some of them felt like. I bought the HG200, HG350, and a CoC #3. ( I know...a bit all over the place lol) Anyhow, the HG200 is very easy for me. I have get the CoC#3 fairly close but, I still need a decent amount of work I would imagine. I plan on picking up a #1, #2, and #2.5 soon to hopefully make it to the #3. I'm excited to learn about the other grippers out there and the other grip strength implements and challenges. It's going to take me a while but, I would really like to start certifying on the different grippers. Any suggestions with which one to start working towards? Thanks for the great forum and for letting me be a part of it!

Have a great day

Hi all,

My name is Dennis im 32 and from Denmark. Been lurking around in the shadows on and of for a while now ever since i began bodyweight training, at first for the sole reason of not wanting to end up like a lot of my family, but i've been hooked ever since.

Anyway grip training got my attention, after it became obvious that my pull- chinups was being hampered by a very weak grip. At first i was only doing timed hangs from my gym rings, but later started incorporating towel hangs, all static grip training.

Then for my 32'th birthday i finally got some CC's grippers: Trainer, #1 & #2, and i'm hooked. "Graduated as a financial economist this summer and have been out of job since and with wife and a son, training equipment haven't really been high on the list of things to spend money on".

But anyway talking about my weak grip on a good day i can close the #1 with my left hand, and almost with my right. :glare: (you guessed it i'm left handed)

Cheers

Welcome to the board!

Hello

My name is Nick. I am a former powerlifter whos is moving on in the strength game. Ive always admired strong grips and I'm looking to learn a couple of things

This is a great board

Thanks

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my name's Marc, i am 30 years old, i live near Beirut, Lebanon.

i started grip training about 1 month ago. i am a rock climber with a temporary back muscle injury. and finger strength is really essential in climbing. so i started gripping just to get my joints and bones stronger. but after few days of searching online i found out about those Captain of Crushes and now i know lots of info..just after 10 days maybe.

i have been training with an adjustable gripper. the first few days i barely could do it once on the highest tension. now i am doing more than 20 reps. and i weight measured it. it's 55 lbs. so with some One Rep Max calculations(i have done weight training before, and i have some experience in fitness and muscle training) i figured i could close Coc Number 2 . so i ordered 2 and 3 , 3 days ago. i will get them friday, and i really expect myself to close the 2 right out of the box. i also have been training on an 8mm steel ..trying to grip and bend it.. i closed it to 3 inches..making a loop.. but i know this is not a good training.. because i am doing 100% and it's dangerous for muscle tears..

i already have strong fingers, i can lift my body with 2 finger tips on a 1 inch ledge .. so this will help me a lot to improve fast in gripping

i weight about 139 lbs , i am 179 cm tall (5 feet 10.5 inchs) i know i am light weight.. but i am athletic. no fat around

i just come to this board to see what others are doing, and to learn what i still need to learn, and to share what i am doing with other enthusiastic people.

i usually always take hobbies far.. so we'll see how far i will take this :)

have a great day everyone

• Like 1

i think i replied to this topic, but i cannot find where i wrote...

Edit: aha! ok now i saw ... it's in the end!!

Edited by LebaneseChampion