NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Sorry for the double post. don't know how to edit my posts yet,

Since this is a grip board:

Hand Length from base of palm to tip of middle finger = 8"

Hand Span from the pinky's tip to thumb's tip = 9"

Edited by squat_gnome

Hi All

My names Martin. Just signed up today. I'm male, 32, 5'10 and 95kg. Got into training late in the game. Started with kettlebells in 2008, at the same time as joining the fire service, but have been Oly lifting for about a year now. Not really that strong, I have a 90kg snatch a 107.5kg clean and jerk. Grip strength has always been particularly bad. I have a HG150 which I can close and a HG200 which I can't.. I’ve got a HG100 on the way and I hope to start the RRBT when it gets here.

I'll happily take all advice....

Looking forward to getting started..

Hi

Name's Sergei,

24 years old

181cm - 5'11.3"

82kg - 180lbs

Will build my own farmer's walking handles, and also my own plate loaded grip machine. SOON.

And also built my own pinch gripping block recently, and I really like training with it.

I remember joining the GripBoard some months ago, but yesterday when I tried to login, I noticed my account was non-existent... perhaps deleted due inactivity?

Anyway, I hope this new one will not get deleted (it is also possible that I think I've registered here before)

I'm gathering my hardware for a solid grip training.

So there's just need for some no-BS grip knowledge which I'm sure I will learn from you guys.

Sorry for the double post. don't know how to edit my posts yet,

Since this is a grip board:

Hand Length from base of palm to tip of middle finger = 8"

Hand Span from the pinky's tip to thumb's tip = 9"

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Just discovered this board. I'm 51years old; 5'7"; 155 pounds. I've been overweight most of my life and have maintained a 40 pound weight loss (+-5 pounds) for the past3 years. This year, I've been working on my grip. I have CoC's Sport through #2. I have closed the #1.5, but not consistently. I need to expand my grip and forearm exercises and look forward to learning from this group. I can't wait to see improvement!

Just discovered this board. I'm 51years old; 5'7"; 155 pounds. I've been overweight most of my life and have maintained a 40 pound weight loss (+-5 pounds) for the past3 years. This year, I've been working on my grip. I have CoC's Sport through #2. I have closed the #1.5, but not consistently. I need to expand my grip and forearm exercises and look forward to learning from this group. I can't wait to see improvement!

Welcome!

I'm Troy and am glad to have found the GripBoard. I found it by watching where traffic to by blog was originating. Most sites I know, others I don't ... GripBoard was a new one to me, so I came looking.

So first, thanks to whoever has been linking to Cube Dweller Fitness (no link since I don't want to spamify anyone).

Second, a bit about me. I'm a cubicle dweller, parent of two college kids, who runs a fitness blog, and loves staying fit to be able to enjoy all life has to offer. I've trained with lots of different types of equipment through the years; right now I'm loving my garage gym. My garage gym has pull up bars, softball pull up grips, Bulgarian training Bags, Rings, kettlebells, and more.

I'm 5'11" 190# and 44 years old.

I've got grip strength questions, because the Tough Mudder Hang Time obstacle at Beaver Creek did me in. I fell from the rings.

For the monkey bars I worked on grip strength and conquered the obstacle, but the rings. They did me in.

Watch for an article with video on my site in the near future with my Epic Ring Failure and a link to this site.

Perhaps more than you wanted to see, but ...

Glad to be hear, help me build a grip that won't slip from the rings with wet and numb hands.

-Troy

Hello everybody !

My name is markus, i´m 37 years old and live with my family (my wife & 2 kids, 9 & 15 years) in lower Austria (not Australia ;-))

I´ve been into weight training and powerlifting since about 20 years now, i competed in some local powerlifting competitions between 2003-2005.

My size is 1,80 m (5´11´´), my weight 120 kg (265lb.)

I´ve been watching a lot of grip strenght videos on youtube in the last weeks, so i got curious and ordered my CoC set of 10 grippers 2 weeks ago.

I closed the CoC #2 on my second workout, the #2,5 is very close now ...

i have 3 workouts in gym a week, and 3 grip workouts on the other days.

well, my wife and my kids also got grip addicted now ;-) my 15 year old son closed the #0,5, my wife the Trainer

I have made a youtube channel, where i´ll put some clips : https://www.youtube.com/user/MrCyanogen/videos

Please be gentle, we are absolute beginners ;-)

So, i hope to meet some nice people around here, and perhaps to get some useful grip training advices...

My grip workout looks like :

some warmup sets

2-3 sets with the #1,5, about 5-10 reps

3-5 sets with the #2, 1-3 reps

about 3 sets with the #2,5, pushing as hard as i can and hold it (can´t close it yet)

some lighter sets to calm down ...

I am grateful for all tips,

Markus

Hi everyone!

My name is Duncan, I'm 23 and currently chilling on the West coast of the USA.

I've only been very active in weight-training and fitness for 7 years, but people that know me consider me a bit of an extremist.

I started out by losing close to 170lbs by just running and diet control, then dabbled in bodybuilding, competed in powerlifting and am now getting very involved in rock climbing, boxing and mountaineering.

Though my static grip has never had issues and never held me back from a deadlift(currently can do 495), my ability to close a CoC has never been remarkable and so I recently purchased the CoC Sport, Trainer and #1.

I can close the #1(and regret not buying the 1.5 and 2) and do quite a few sets throughout a day with it, but I realize that's the starting point for most people and not even a challenge to someone serious about grip work.....so the next step I guess is going on forums like this and watching videos, reading articles from people that have already gotten past where I am.

I heavily used powerlifting forums when I was into it and met a lot of people that made the difference from me being a fit looking kid who thought he was strong to being one of those guys people in the gym come up to and ask, "How'd you do it? How long did it take?" and understands that it took a lot of time, an unbelievable amount of motivation and patience to get to even half of where I've gotten - and I'm still considered an intermediate powerlifter at best!

So I come to these forums and am approaching serious grip work in much the same way.The main perspective I'll be coming from is how to improve my grip for rock climbing and just developing my forearms overall. From the time I played with bodybuilding, my main goal from exercising is to get the best balanced body that I can possibly get and my forearms/grip is one thing I've never directly spent a lot of time on.

I don't know how much I'll actually be able to contribute to your forums, but I'm looking forward to learning a lot, asking questions and sharing my opinion when I feel that I know something about the topic at hand.

So, that's my introduction!

I'm Troy and am glad to have found the GripBoard. I found it by watching where traffic to by blog was originating. Most sites I know, others I don't ... GripBoard was a new one to me, so I came looking.

So first, thanks to whoever has been linking to Cube Dweller Fitness (no link since I don't want to spamify anyone).

Second, a bit about me. I'm a cubicle dweller, parent of two college kids, who runs a fitness blog, and loves staying fit to be able to enjoy all life has to offer. I've trained with lots of different types of equipment through the years; right now I'm loving my garage gym. My garage gym has pull up bars, softball pull up grips, Bulgarian training Bags, Rings, kettlebells, and more.

I'm 5'11" 190# and 44 years old.

I've got grip strength questions, because the Tough Mudder Hang Time obstacle at Beaver Creek did me in. I fell from the rings.

For the monkey bars I worked on grip strength and conquered the obstacle, but the rings. They did me in.

Watch for an article with video on my site in the near future with my Epic Ring Failure and a link to this site.

Perhaps more than you wanted to see, but ...

Glad to be hear, help me build a grip that won't slip from the rings with wet and numb hands.

-Troy

Hello everybody !

My name is markus, i´m 37 years old and live with my family (my wife & 2 kids, 9 & 15 years) in lower Austria (not Australia ;-))

I´ve been into weight training and powerlifting since about 20 years now, i competed in some local powerlifting competitions between 2003-2005.

My size is 1,80 m (5´11´´), my weight 120 kg (265lb.)

I´ve been watching a lot of grip strenght videos on youtube in the last weeks, so i got curious and ordered my CoC set of 10 grippers 2 weeks ago.

I closed the CoC #2 on my second workout, the #2,5 is very close now ...

i have 3 workouts in gym a week, and 3 grip workouts on the other days.

well, my wife and my kids also got grip addicted now ;-) my 15 year old son closed the #0,5, my wife the Trainer

I have made a youtube channel, where i´ll put some clips : https://www.youtube....Cyanogen/videos

Please be gentle, we are absolute beginners ;-)

So, i hope to meet some nice people around here, and perhaps to get some useful grip training advices...

My grip workout looks like :

some warmup sets

2-3 sets with the #1,5, about 5-10 reps

3-5 sets with the #2, 1-3 reps

about 3 sets with the #2,5, pushing as hard as i can and hold it (can´t close it yet)

some lighter sets to calm down ...

I am grateful for all tips,

Markus

Hi everyone!

My name is Duncan, I'm 23 and currently chilling on the West coast of the USA.

I've only been very active in weight-training and fitness for 7 years, but people that know me consider me a bit of an extremist.

I started out by losing close to 170lbs by just running and diet control, then dabbled in bodybuilding, competed in powerlifting and am now getting very involved in rock climbing, boxing and mountaineering.

Though my static grip has never had issues and never held me back from a deadlift(currently can do 495), my ability to close a CoC has never been remarkable and so I recently purchased the CoC Sport, Trainer and #1.

I can close the #1(and regret not buying the 1.5 and 2) and do quite a few sets throughout a day with it, but I realize that's the starting point for most people and not even a challenge to someone serious about grip work.....so the next step I guess is going on forums like this and watching videos, reading articles from people that have already gotten past where I am.

I heavily used powerlifting forums when I was into it and met a lot of people that made the difference from me being a fit looking kid who thought he was strong to being one of those guys people in the gym come up to and ask, "How'd you do it? How long did it take?" and understands that it took a lot of time, an unbelievable amount of motivation and patience to get to even half of where I've gotten - and I'm still considered an intermediate powerlifter at best!

So I come to these forums and am approaching serious grip work in much the same way.The main perspective I'll be coming from is how to improve my grip for rock climbing and just developing my forearms overall. From the time I played with bodybuilding, my main goal from exercising is to get the best balanced body that I can possibly get and my forearms/grip is one thing I've never directly spent a lot of time on.

I don't know how much I'll actually be able to contribute to your forums, but I'm looking forward to learning a lot, asking questions and sharing my opinion when I feel that I know something about the topic at hand.

So, that's my introduction!

Welcome to the board!!!

Bill

Hello Everyone

I've posted a couple times already, but I've only been a member for like a month so I'll introduce myself even if it's a bit late. My name is Joe and I'm 21. I've been learning about grip and been working on my crushing grip for about 6 months now. I'm pretty sure I started out quite a bit weaker than most of the members here when it comes to grip; I could only close the guide for about 4 reps when starting out! I'm at the point now where I can close the trainer consistently with right hand for 4ish reps and nearly close it with off hand. I believe some of my initial weakness was caused by a 7 month period of inactivity due to a partially torn bicep on my right arm and a partially torn pulley in my left hand (These were not diagnosed, but the symptoms were almost exact.) Grip training started off as a means for improving my hand strength in climbing, but now I train grip as an end in itself.

Pinch goal: rafter grip pull up/ two-hand pinch own weight.

Crush goal: close #1 by May, close the #2 eventually (maybe #2.5 after like 4 or 5 years)

Body Stats:

ht: 5'3''

wt: 136 lbs

forearms circumf: 11"

arm circumf: 12.25"

Hello Everyone

I've posted a couple times already, but I've only been a member for like a month so I'll introduce myself even if it's a bit late. My name is Joe and I'm 21. I've been learning about grip and been working on my crushing grip for about 6 months now. I'm pretty sure I started out quite a bit weaker than most of the members here when it comes to grip; I could only close the guide for about 4 reps when starting out! I'm at the point now where I can close the trainer consistently with right hand for 4ish reps and nearly close it with off hand. I believe some of my initial weakness was caused by a 7 month period of inactivity due to a partially torn bicep on my right arm and a partially torn pulley in my left hand (These were not diagnosed, but the symptoms were almost exact.) Grip training started off as a means for improving my hand strength in climbing, but now I train grip as an end in itself.

Pinch goal: rafter grip pull up/ two-hand pinch own weight.

Crush goal: close #1 by May, close the #2 eventually (maybe #2.5 after like 4 or 5 years)

Body Stats:

ht: 5'3''

wt: 136 lbs

forearms circumf: 11"

arm circumf: 12.25"

Welcome to the board!

Hey erry1, so i just started grip training and i can currently close the coc # 2 on e/ hand and want to be able to close the coc #3 someday for like 12 reps. I also do pinch and supporting and flexors, even though i only really like training crushing grip. But i train everything b/c it is recommended. I'm 17 and am 6'3 185 lbs. I workout too, i was always into fitness but at around 15 years old i had mild depression and gained alot of weight. I pulled myself out of the hole my life was and got into good shape losing 50lbs in 4 months. I then got into bodybuilding, which is what i like to do now, the way i got into grip training was from really weak wrists and always hurting my wrists from pressing movements even with wrist wraps even though i don't let my wrist bend or anything like that, i have good form, so i decided to strengthen my forearms to make my tendons over time get stronger and my forearms to stabilize my wrists better. I still don't know what the hell is going on since i can now close coc #2 on e/ hand and still have sore wrists benching 225lbs and it frusterates the hell out of me but i like grip training now anyways, so i stuck to it.. If anyone actually knows what is wrong with my wrists tell me, i've done alot of research and no answers so idk wtf is wrong with me but yeah.. Anyways, i have my problems but i'm a fighter and want to get to the top of whatever i participate in, and currently it happens to be becoming a beast.

Edited by groundphobia

Hey erry1, so i just started grip training and i can currently close the coc # 2 on e/ hand and want to be able to close the coc #3 someday for like 12 reps. I also do pinch and supporting and flexors, even though i only really like training crushing grip. But i train everything b/c it is recommended. I'm 17 and am 6'3 185 lbs. I workout too, i was always into fitness but at around 15 years old i had mild depression and gained alot of weight. I pulled myself out of the hole my life was and got into good shape losing 50lbs in 4 months. I then got into bodybuilding, which is what i like to do now, the way i got into grip training was from really weak wrists and always hurting my wrists from pressing movements even with wrist wraps even though i don't let my wrist bend or anything like that, i have good form, so i decided to strengthen my forearms to make my tendons over time get stronger and my forearms to stabilize my wrists better. I still don't know what the hell is going on since i can now close coc #2 on e/ hand and still have sore wrists benching 225lbs and it frusterates the hell out of me but i like grip training now anyways, so i stuck to it.. If anyone actually knows what is wrong with my wrists tell me, i've done alot of research and no answers so idk wtf is wrong with me but yeah.. Anyways, i have my problems but i'm a fighter and want to get to the top of whatever i participate in, and currently it happens to be becoming a beast.

Welcome!

Hey everyone!

My names Ryan and I've been training grip for almost 7 months now. Im 22, 6' and about 190lbs. I was looking for something to help increase my pull ups and lifts in general and found coc's and ever since then I've been hooked! I started out barely being able to close the #1 and I've steadily been making progress. As of now I can TNS the #2.5 with my right hand and almost with my left. I've also been working with a choked #3 slowly opening it up till I can CCS it. My main goal is to cert on the #3 by the end of the year but I think I set the bar a bit too high for myself haha but if not by the end of the year then hopefully by my birthday in April. Hopefully ill find some training tips and maybe help a few people out with the little experience I have. Glad to be here!

Hey everyone!

My names Ryan and I've been training grip for almost 7 months now. Im 22, 6' and about 190lbs. I was looking for something to help increase my pull ups and lifts in general and found coc's and ever since then I've been hooked! I started out barely being able to close the #1 and I've steadily been making progress. As of now I can TNS the #2.5 with my right hand and almost with my left. I've also been working with a choked #3 slowly opening it up till I can CCS it. My main goal is to cert on the #3 by the end of the year but I think I set the bar a bit too high for myself haha but if not by the end of the year then hopefully by my birthday in April. Hopefully ill find some training tips and maybe help a few people out with the little experience I have. Glad to be here!

Welcome Ryan!

Hi,

my name is Tomislav Tumbas, I`m 23 years old, 183 cm 76kg, ex swimmer.

before few weeks I start training again :D, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, chin ups, dips, squats

I want to have a bigger and stronger fists. My fists are not small, not small at all, but I want them to be bigger. eg. my father have really big fists,our bone structure is almost same but his palm and fingers are thicker, so I want that. My father is a an ex metal worker, he spent a lot of time working with hammers and iron :D.

I know you guys maybe not get it, I`m sorry but I can not explaint it in other way, maybe later

Name's Al, certified CoC #3 years ago... Decided to get back into it, was amazed I could still close the #3.

I'll vouch for KTA, it got me there.

Used to be here and on the DrSquat forum... gave up on the #4 after a motorcycle accident... but have decided to get back into this, maybe do some bending.

This is a phenomenal forum and I'm glad to be back.

How everyone doing? My name is Blake Williams. Even though I've "lifted", I'm just now starting to do my own research and get away form the typical beach body magazine workout regiments. About a month ago I came across a book called Convict Conditioning, which changed my perspective on working out forever. Im finally stepping away from the magazines and advertisments, and looking into real strength building. A friend of mine suggested I look into grip strength and explained its importance to me, which brought me to this site. Im here to learn as much as I can. Glad to be here.

Hello everyone,

My name is Roy. I'm 36 and have been training with weights in some form for about 20 years now. About 10 months ago I 'discovered' gripsport and after buying the trainer and the #1 I quickly became hooked and currently I've read almost anything about gripsport I could find on the web. I recently also made some stuff to train grip more specific at home or at the gym. I was making fairly good progress getting from closing the #1 for 4 reps to doing 2 parallel reps on a #2.5. But a couple of months ago I got injured (golfelbow, right arm) so I haven't really been able to train very serious since then. Even though I still managed to suffer the same injury in my left arm! Right now my right arm is almost back to 100%, but now my left arm is killing me.

Because of this my goals for the end of this year will probably have to wait another 6 months to a year:

- Closing the #3 (obviously)

- Two hand pinch 80kg

- Axle DO 150kg

- Plate curl 20kg plate (not something that is ever tested in contest, but I find it a fascinating movement, very hard)

- Bodyweight 2" vertical bar (100kg)

Looking forward to reading all the information available on this board and I would really like to know if there are any more people from holland on this board.

Hi,

my name is Tomislav Tumbas, I`m 23 years old, 183 cm 76kg, ex swimmer.

before few weeks I start training again :D, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, chin ups, dips, squats

I want to have a bigger and stronger fists. My fists are not small, not small at all, but I want them to be bigger. eg. my father have really big fists,our bone structure is almost same but his palm and fingers are thicker, so I want that. My father is a an ex metal worker, he spent a lot of time working with hammers and iron :D.

I know you guys maybe not get it, I`m sorry but I can not explaint it in other way, maybe later

Name's Al, certified CoC #3 years ago... Decided to get back into it, was amazed I could still close the #3.

I'll vouch for KTA, it got me there.

Used to be here and on the DrSquat forum... gave up on the #4 after a motorcycle accident... but have decided to get back into this, maybe do some bending.

This is a phenomenal forum and I'm glad to be back.

How everyone doing? My name is Blake Williams. Even though I've "lifted", I'm just now starting to do my own research and get away form the typical beach body magazine workout regiments. About a month ago I came across a book called Convict Conditioning, which changed my perspective on working out forever. Im finally stepping away from the magazines and advertisments, and looking into real strength building. A friend of mine suggested I look into grip strength and explained its importance to me, which brought me to this site. Im here to learn as much as I can. Glad to be here.

Hello everyone,

My name is Roy. I'm 36 and have been training with weights in some form for about 20 years now. About 10 months ago I 'discovered' gripsport and after buying the trainer and the #1 I quickly became hooked and currently I've read almost anything about gripsport I could find on the web. I recently also made some stuff to train grip more specific at home or at the gym. I was making fairly good progress getting from closing the #1 for 4 reps to doing 2 parallel reps on a #2.5. But a couple of months ago I got injured (golfelbow, right arm) so I haven't really been able to train very serious since then. Even though I still managed to suffer the same injury in my left arm! Right now my right arm is almost back to 100%, but now my left arm is killing me.

Because of this my goals for the end of this year will probably have to wait another 6 months to a year:

- Closing the #3 (obviously)

- Two hand pinch 80kg

- Axle DO 150kg

- Plate curl 20kg plate (not something that is ever tested in contest, but I find it a fascinating movement, very hard)

- Bodyweight 2" vertical bar (100kg)

Looking forward to reading all the information available on this board and I would really like to know if there are any more people from holland on this board.

Welcome everyone!

Hi,

I'm Theo Burggraaff, not a new member though. Previously went under the name Dutch, but i forgot my password LOL..

Been out of the grip game for about 6 years, but want to get started again. Am #3 certified, was doing alright on the V bar, and well, that's it :)

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm Theo Burggraaff, not a new member though. Previously went under the name Dutch, but i forgot my password LOL..

Been out of the grip game for about 6 years, but want to get started again. Am #3 certified, was doing alright on the V bar, and well, that's it :)

Welcome back Theo!

Hi,

Get down! Welcome back my friend!

I'm Joey, 24 from Sydney.

I've been grip training for 4 months now. Main purpose is to keep my hands in good shape for the gym and drumming.

Gripper Accomplishments:

HG 200 &250 - left hand 200

CoC 1.5, 2, 2.5 - left hand 1.5

Manus Gorilla (lvl 4) - left hand gorilla

GHP level 5

Baraban Adjustable Deluxe level 4-5 (hard spring) level 10-10 (easy spring)

I also use the 'FLEXTEND' glove for extensor training and the Ironmind IMTUG Have really helped strengthen my pinkie and ring fingers to be able to close the 2.5. My increased hand strength has made a world of difference with my pull ups, bench press and dead lift.

Hope to speak to you guys and share advice in future.

Joey

• Like 1

Hello to everyone,

my name is giuseppe biondi from italy. I started to training with gripper because i practice in shooting sports so i need to training me hands grip. Actually im working with RB grippers 160, 180 and 210 lbs. I use the 160 to warm up my forearms to go up to the 180 to train with it 5 rep. x 5 set and at last some negative and isometric work with the 210.

My goal is to became able to use the RB280 in the next months. I hope to learn as much as possible in this forum from guys that have experience on the gripper workout.

thanks to all

gibi

Hi All!

I am Lammert Bies, Dutch from origin but currently mostly found in the mountains in Central Asia. Nice to see some fellow Dutch members Theo and Royz who introduced themselves here recently.

I have no history in strength training, but bought myself a CoC Trainer half a year ago because it was about the only strength training equipment I could easily take with me while traveling and I have been hooked since. Was able to master the #1 comfortably in about six weeks, and then stopped training towards heavier grippers for some months because I forgot to take some grippers with me in my baggage (won't do that again :blush)

Started gripping again about a month ago and can currently do a single TNS CoC #2 with left, and 3 reps TNS CoC #1.5 with my right hand. Currently working towards the #2.5 and obviously to CCS #3, but that may take a while.

My main current focus with the rest of my body is a combination of strength and endurance, not hypertrophy. Main reason for this is my current work as a mountain guide, where bulky heavy muscles may hinder me, rather then being a benefit. Strong grip and strength in general however is very handy in the mountains. Currently working on 200 consecutive Hindu squats and I am sure I'll reach that goal earlier than certifying for the #3 :grin:

My first goal here is to read and learn, and secondly to give back to the community if I have something interesting to share with you.

• Like 1