NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi all. Name is Matt Holbert. I'm a competitive Strongman and powerlifter that is getting into Highland games this year. Some of my Strongman comps have begun to include braced and unbraced bending and grip events, so here I am to learn a few new skills. Led here by Squatsmore (not sure of his handle here).

Currently working on learning nail bending for a "Grip medley" in my comp coming up in May (events posted below). Last competition was braced bending.

1) Farmer's Walk: 150ft for time with a turn. Head to head event. 75sec.
Women- 120/hand
LW Men (0-231)- 220/hand
HW Men (232+)- 250/hand

2) Overhead Pressing Medley: 5 objects, last one done for reps. In order: atlas stone, giant dumbbell, log (real wood logs), odd stone, axle. 90sec.
W- ~50, 65, 110, 85, 120
LW- ~115, 120, 210, 170, 235
HW- ~150, 140, 240, 195, 265

3) Train Wheel Deadlift for Reps: Similar to standard height. Straps and hitching legal. 90sec.

W- 230
LW- 420
HW- 480

4) Grip Gauntlet: 4 objects for time in order: Pinch lift (one hand, then the other), Rolling Thunder (one hand, then the other), Double Overhand Axle Deadlift, Nail Bend (complete bend, finished once judge visually approves). 90sec.

W- ~20, 70, TBD, TBD
LW- ~35, 155, TBD, 60penny twisted nail
HW- ~50, 175, TBD, 60penny straight nail

5) Max Atlas Stone Shouldering: Taken to the shoulder and stabilized. Once the stone gos to 280lbs, it will be for reps (my 300+ stones are just too large to get on a shoulder unless your name is Hafthor). 30sec per attempt, until 280, then 75sec for reps. 90sec.

W- begins at 75, then 95, 115, 135, 150, etc
LW and HW men- begins at 175, then 200, 220, 230, 240, 260, 280 (actual weight 289 I believe ;-])

Hi all. Name is Matt Holbert. I'm a competitive Strongman and powerlifter that is getting into Highland games this year. Some of my Strongman comps have begun to include braced and unbraced bending and grip events, so here I am to learn a few new skills. Led here by Squatsmore (not sure of his handle here).

Currently working on learning nail bending for a "Grip medley" in my comp coming up in May (events posted below). Last competition was braced bending.

1) Farmer's Walk: 150ft for time with a turn. Head to head event. 75sec.

Women- 120/hand

LW Men (0-231)- 220/hand

HW Men (232+)- 250/hand

2) Overhead Pressing Medley: 5 objects, last one done for reps. In order: atlas stone, giant dumbbell, log (real wood logs), odd stone, axle. 90sec.

W- ~50, 65, 110, 85, 120

LW- ~115, 120, 210, 170, 235

HW- ~150, 140, 240, 195, 265

3) Train Wheel Deadlift for Reps: Similar to standard height. Straps and hitching legal. 90sec.

W- 230

LW- 420

HW- 480

4) Grip Gauntlet: 4 objects for time in order: Pinch lift (one hand, then the other), Rolling Thunder (one hand, then the other), Double Overhand Axle Deadlift, Nail Bend (complete bend, finished once judge visually approves). 90sec.

W- ~20, 70, TBD, TBD

LW- ~35, 155, TBD, 60penny twisted nail

HW- ~50, 175, TBD, 60penny straight nail

5) Max Atlas Stone Shouldering: Taken to the shoulder and stabilized. Once the stone gos to 280lbs, it will be for reps (my 300+ stones are just too large to get on a shoulder unless your name is Hafthor). 30sec per attempt, until 280, then 75sec for reps. 90sec.

W- begins at 75, then 95, 115, 135, 150, etc

LW and HW men- begins at 175, then 200, 220, 230, 240, 260, 280 (actual weight 289 I believe ;-])

Welcome Matt!

Hey Shayner ! Welcome aboard ! This is the best place to learn how to get your grip on ! Let's get it !

My name is Shayne Scantland i'm 22 yrs old 165# ive been grip training with my brother (Kody Burns) world record holder for 2 HP. Been doing it for about 4 weeks now I can close #1.5 CoC and a couple mm from the #2 Coc. tried bending a blue nail first try was a DUD second time which was 2 days ago bent it on the first try. im excited and ADDICTED now to grip strength. my goal is to close #3 and try for the world record for 2HP which im only off 20lbs in my weight class, it might take some time but its a goal id like to reach.

Edited by kodydelone

My name is Shayne Scantland i'm 22 yrs old 165# ive been grip training with my brother (Kody Burns) world record holder for 2 HP. Been doing it for about 4 weeks now I can close #1.5 CoC and a couple mm from the #2 Coc. tried bending a blue nail first try was a DUD second time which was 2 days ago bent it on the first try. im excited and ADDICTED now to grip strength. my goal is to close #3 and try for the world record for 2HP which im only off 20lbs in my weight class, it might take some time but its a goal id like to reach.

Welcome aboard Shayner ! You've come to the right place !

Holla everyone! :grin:

My name is Justin and I am 18 years old. I am a total noob to gripping and am looking to learn the fundamentals as well as establish a training regime. However, I am not looking to set records or anything like that, just increase my forearm and gripping strength for health and sport related reasons. I injured my wrists a few years ago and they never quite returned to full strength. Now that I want to start martial arts and parkour training, it is absolutely essential that I develop more strength. I was hoping that I could be pointed in the right direction here. :flowers: I recently ordered a Vulcan V2 gripper along with the thumbscrew attachment, so hopefully I can start training soon.

Just fyi, my stats are:

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 150 lbs.

Wrist size: 6.25" (I have girly wrists)

Forearm: 11"

Hands: 7 in. long(est), 3.5 in. wide

Yes, i have girly forearms, hands, and wrists. What else can I say? I'm not that big of a guy... :shutup:

Anyway, I'm off to scour the board for info so over and out! :grin:

Hi all, finally got my account activated and I am well pleased now ;)

Firstly, I will give you my stats so that you can mock me; 28 years old, 5ft4 and 120lbs. I have a very puny build but the weight is slowly going up after suffering with two chronic illnesses, Ulcerative Colitis and M.E. I beat the colitis but it took about 40lbs of muscle from me over the years and I have only just learnt how to eradicate it and allow food to be stored rather than crapped out (sorry lol),

The M.E is more recent and is really problematic... I have a day of heavy training and then I am paralysed for a couple of days (not just DOMS but unable to even to get out of bed sometimes). I am too much of a fighter to let it destroy me though, I train when I have some spare energy but the huge compound lifts have to be put on hold until I figure this illness out. For now, I train all aspects of grip like a maniac, I have very small hands though which match my hulking build ;)

People are often very confused when they see me bend nails and my first ever spanner bend made everybody think I switched the spanner somehow during the move - I was very flattered by that. I think my niche IS being the smaller guy, who can crush things. I am always open to learning new stuff and also hopefully I can help others.

I can deadlift a 165kg barbell with a 2" rotating handle with hands that are just around 7" from wrist to end of middle finger. As I say though, I don't lift heavy compound movements right now due to the after-effects.

My mission for now is being able to rip a deck of plastic coated playing cards with these tiny hands, help me get there please guys.

Anyway, will be nice to meet some of you.

Gary

Edited by GotAGrip

What's up guys my name is Jose Cabrera, I love grip training and I heard this is the place to be.

Welcome Jose.

Hi !

My name is Loic. I'm a french Canadian. So sorry if I do some mistake in my ortograph.

I'm 23 y/o and been training since 14 y/o. Always train for strength and size.

Now I'm 6" 255 lbs and swith for powerlifting since 2 years but always been a ... grip addict.

Some lift : 365 bench , 550 squat , 600 deadlift.

COC 2.5 x 3 reps.

Now I'm back at grip training for Armwrestling , I want to be real good at this !

Goal this years : 405 bench , COC #3 , kicking some a** in AW'ing

That's it i think !

LMD

• Like 1

My name is Justin and I am 18 years old. I am a total noob to gripping and am looking to learn the fundamentals as well as establish a training regime. However, I am not looking to set records or anything like that, just increase my forearm and gripping strength for health and sport related reasons. I injured my wrists a few years ago and they never quite returned to full strength. Now that I want to start martial arts and parkour training, it is absolutely essential that I develop more strength. I was hoping that I could be pointed in the right direction here. :flowers: I recently ordered a Vulcan V2 gripper along with the thumbscrew attachment, so hopefully I can start training soon.

Just fyi, my stats are:

Yes, i have girly forearms, hands, and wrists. What else can I say? I'm not that big of a guy... :shutup:

Just fyi, my stats are:

Hi all, finally got my account activated and I am well pleased now ;)

Firstly, I will give you my stats so that you can mock me; 28 years old, 5ft4 and 120lbs. I have a very puny build but the weight is slowly going up after suffering with two chronic illnesses, Ulcerative Colitis and M.E. I beat the colitis but it took about 40lbs of muscle from me over the years and I have only just learnt how to eradicate it and allow food to be stored rather than crapped out (sorry lol),

The M.E is more recent and is really problematic... I have a day of heavy training and then I am paralysed for a couple of days (not just DOMS but unable to even to get out of bed sometimes). I am too much of a fighter to let it destroy me though, I train when I have some spare energy but the huge compound lifts have to be put on hold until I figure this illness out. For now, I train all aspects of grip like a maniac, I have very small hands though which match my hulking build ;)

People are often very confused when they see me bend nails and my first ever spanner bend made everybody think I switched the spanner somehow during the move - I was very flattered by that. I think my niche IS being the smaller guy, who can crush things. I am always open to learning new stuff and also hopefully I can help others.

I can deadlift a 165kg barbell with a 2" rotating handle with hands that are just around 7" from wrist to end of middle finger. As I say though, I don't lift heavy compound movements right now due to the after-effects.

My mission for now is being able to rip a deck of plastic coated playing cards with these tiny hands, help me get there please guys.

Anyway, will be nice to meet some of you.

Gary

What's up guys my name is Jose Cabrera, I love grip training and I heard this is the place to be.
Hi !

My name is Loic. I'm a french Canadian. So sorry if I do some mistake in my ortograph.

I'm 23 y/o and been training since 14 y/o. Always train for strength and size.

Now I'm 6" 255 lbs and swith for powerlifting since 2 years but always been a ... grip addict.

Some lift : 365 bench , 550 squat , 600 deadlift.

COC 2.5 x 3 reps.

Now I'm back at grip training for Armwrestling , I want to be real good at this !

Goal this years : 405 bench , COC #3 , kicking some a** in AW'ing

That's it i think !

LMD

Welcome to all our new members!

• Like 1

Hi all,

I registered quite some time ago, but have mainly just lurked and been reading various posts and sections.

So, in order to change this:

My name is Mathias, and I'm from north Norway. 33 years old. And, as far as stats: 180cm, 77-78kg.

Somehow got very interested in arm related work, and in particular grippers, after a pair of plastic grippers of mine broke, and I wanted replacements. Searched online and discovered the Captains of Crush, and were intrigued with there actually being different levels. Quickly ordered Trainer, #1, and #2. Could do 6-7 reps with the #1 on first try, but it felt really difficult, especially the last 3 reps. The #2 was about two cm's from being closed. I think it took about 3-4 months or so with really dedicated work (blisters, blisters within blisters, and very sore knuckles at one point) to get it closed shut, and once I did, it felt really great. Thereafter I did more and more singles and eventually the #2 came under control.

I also had the #3 a little later on, but I couldn't close it no matter what (about 3-4cm distance from closed every time), and I fell off the routines of using the grippers. A year ago I got the #2.5, and could close it upon first try. This inspired me to get back on track with the workouts, and managed to get some more reps on it.

During summer that was I got more intent on actually doing negatives with the #3. I hadn't done so before because I felt they were too "painful". But started doing them now and they weren't as bad as before.

Late autumn and I managed to close the #3 for first time ever. Not a "comfortable" close but there it was!

Now I am doing singles, negatives and overcrushes, wanting to get it under control, so to speak.

So, in short I'm into arm related work!

I have Captains of Crush Trainer, 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 and 4. Recently ordered David Horne's Vulcan V2 gripper, and will also eventually order his Wrist Developer.

Have Ironmind's Heavy Hammer II Leverage Bar, and their Olympic Husky Handle Dumbbell Bars.

My goals in short are to certify on the #3, close the #3.5, (and if I succeed, take it from there with what regards future goals). In addition I want to get into nail bending as well, so I am reading up on this.

I'm very pleased with this forum, as there are a lot of nice people with plenty of knowledge to share!

Hi all,

I registered quite some time ago, but have mainly just lurked and been reading various posts and sections.

My name is Mathias, and I'm from north Norway. 33 years old. And, as far as stats: 180cm, 77-78kg.

Somehow got very interested in arm related work, and in particular grippers, after a pair of plastic grippers of mine broke, and I wanted replacements. Searched online and discovered the Captains of Crush, and were intrigued with there actually being different levels. Quickly ordered Trainer, #1, and #2. Could do 6-7 reps with the #1 on first try, but it felt really difficult, especially the last 3 reps. The #2 was about two cm's from being closed. I think it took about 3-4 months or so with really dedicated work (blisters, blisters within blisters, and very sore knuckles at one point) to get it closed shut, and once I did, it felt really great. Thereafter I did more and more singles and eventually the #2 came under control.

I also had the #3 a little later on, but I couldn't close it no matter what (about 3-4cm distance from closed every time), and I fell off the routines of using the grippers. A year ago I got the #2.5, and could close it upon first try. This inspired me to get back on track with the workouts, and managed to get some more reps on it.

During summer that was I got more intent on actually doing negatives with the #3. I hadn't done so before because I felt they were too "painful". But started doing them now and they weren't as bad as before.

Late autumn and I managed to close the #3 for first time ever. Not a "comfortable" close but there it was!

Now I am doing singles, negatives and overcrushes, wanting to get it under control, so to speak.

I have Captains of Crush Trainer, 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 and 4. Recently ordered David Horne's Vulcan V2 gripper, and will also eventually order his Wrist Developer.

Have Ironmind's Heavy Hammer II Leverage Bar, and their Olympic Husky Handle Dumbbell Bars.

My goals in short are to certify on the #3, close the #3.5, (and if I succeed, take it from there with what regards future goals). In addition I want to get into nail bending as well, so I am reading up on this.

I'm very pleased with this forum, as there are a lot of nice people with plenty of knowledge to share!

Kul att se en Nordman här :)

Riktigt starkt jobbat med dina grippers!

Jag kan STARKT rekommendera Jedd Johnsons nail bending DVD!!!!!!

Den kommer lära dig allt det grundläggande kring bending.

Hoppas du skaffar en träningsjournal här som vi kan följa!

Mvh Peter Sverige

Takk for velkomsten!

Jeg ble definitivt hektet på gripping! "No pain, no gain!"

Fint tips du gav meg, jeg skal lage en liten huskeliste over DVD'er og slikt som kan være bra informasjon med tanke på trening etc.

Jeg får gjøre mitt beste for å representere Norge! ;)

• Like 1

Hi all,

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Hi all,

I'm an armwrestler from Romania, my name is George, 20 years old. And, as far as stats: 188cm, 82-83kg.

I got involved into the sport of armwrestling 3 years ago and i was hooked ever since.

I'm interested in all forms of grip training that helps me perform better in armwrestling.

Equipment: dumbbells,barbells,pullup bar,pulleys,bands,rolling thunder,and a couples of other handles for armwrestling,thickbar adapter(fat grips).

Hey my name is stephen and I'm new to the grip/bending scene but excited and ready to learn and progress When I post a video for technique critique do I just do it in the general discussion or is there a thread for minor videos that might not warrant a thread? Anyways hope to compete in grip contests eventually also as I get stronger.

Hi I'm Nick.

Im 29 75kg and 175cm tall. I have Joined up to further my grip strength goals.

Currently this would be to improve my pratical grip strength for Jiu jitsu. I have all of the HG grippers and can close the 250 and am working to close the 300. Once i have hit this i will look to get the COC 2, 2.5 and 3 and aim to close that too.

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm an armwrestler from Romania, my name is George, 20 years old. And, as far as stats: 188cm, 82-83kg.

I got involved into the sport of armwrestling 3 years ago and i was hooked ever since.

I'm interested in all forms of grip training that helps me perform better in armwrestling.

Equipment: dumbbells,barbells,pullup bar,pulleys,bands,rolling thunder,and a couples of other handles for armwrestling,thickbar adapter(fat grips).

Hey my name is stephen and I'm new to the grip/bending scene but excited and ready to learn and progress When I post a video for technique critique do I just do it in the general discussion or is there a thread for minor videos that might not warrant a thread? Anyways hope to compete in grip contests eventually also as I get stronger.
Hi I'm Nick.

Im 29 75kg and 175cm tall. I have Joined up to further my grip strength goals.

Currently this would be to improve my pratical grip strength for Jiu jitsu. I have all of the HG grippers and can close the 250 and am working to close the 300. Once i have hit this i will look to get the COC 2, 2.5 and 3 and aim to close that too.

Thanks

Welcome to the GripBoard guys!

Hi everyone David Mitti here!

Been bending for alittle while now and want to get my grip going !

What better place to get help than the grip board.

It's great to be on here with so many greats..

Let the fun begin!!!!

Edited by David Mitti
  • Like 1

Hi everyone David Mitti here!

Been bending for alittle while now and want to get my grip going !

What better place to get help than the grip board.

It's great to be on here with so many greats..

Let the fun begin!!!!

Welcome to the board. :)