NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello, my name is Alex Konokhov. I'm 28, live in Ukraine. I started training grip 8 months ago with Hammar Vice Gripper, then I did about 100 lbs x 1 rep. A few days ago I closed it at 10,2 position (about 170 lbs). Today I bought CoC 2, almost closed it :)

Hello, my name is Alex Konokhov. I'm 28, live in Ukraine. I started training grip 8 months ago with Hammar Vice Gripper, then I did about 100 lbs x 1 rep. A few days ago I closed it at 10,2 position (about 170 lbs). Today I bought CoC 2, almost closed it :)

Welcome Alex!

Hi Im Ben and I have a kool grip training program to close the COC #4. I mostly do grip training & I am looking for advice on grip training from successful COC closing members. I might get some more grippers because all I have now is the sport, trainer, and the #4 all from captains of crush.

Hi Im Ben and I have a kool grip training program to close the COC #4. I mostly do grip training & I am looking for advice on grip training from successful COC closing members. I might get some more grippers because all I have now is the sport, trainer, and the #4 all from captains of crush.

Hi Ben. What is your program like?

If you need a simple place to start, do a 5x5 with a filed gripper. If you can get all the reps with your desired set then make the workout harder by: 1) Filing the gripper more. 2) Add a rep to each set. 3) Going to a harder gripper. Or a combination of those three things.

• Like 1

Hello all,

My name is Bob. I''ll be 42 next month, 6'2" 225 lbs. I have lifted weights since my early teens. In high school I threw the discus and the shot put. My track coach was a former powerlifter and got me involved in weightlifting. My favorite lifts were the power clean, squat, deadlift and push press. I never moved great numbers but enjoyed the sport very much.

After lower back and shoulder surgery I am unable to lift weights like I used to. I have always liked watching the strength sports, powerlifting, world's strongest man, etc. I admire athletes that are capable of performing these feats. Recently I have become interested in strengthening my grip. I just purchased a CoC sport, Trainer and # 1. I should receive them in the mail soon. My personal goal is to someday close the CoC # 3. I came to this forum for advice, tips and to learn about the various grippers that are on the market. Thank you all in advance for your knowledge and help.

Bob

Heello guys , im eyal from israel im 20 years old i workout since i was really little always forearm muscles was my favorite muscles

im glad i found this forum , the pepole here are very nice and friendly :]

Heello guys , im eyal from israel im 20 years old i workout since i was really little always forearm muscles was my favorite muscles

im glad i found this forum , the pepole here are very nice and friendly :]

Welcome!

My names Adam. I'm 24. Train in Lima, Ohio at Under the Bar. Powerlifted for the last couple years. Best bench is 600 in a shirt. 450 raw. Getting close to 600 on deads.

Started doing strongman and grip a couple months ago. Ive closed a #2. Picked half of a 70 lb. York db. Double overhand on axle with 375.

I just enjoy being strong. Grip seems like something I can do between training for powerlifting and while I train my girlfriend. So far I'm hooked!!

Hello everyone my name is William. I'm 26, 5'9" and 155 lbs. The last few years I've been running and swimming and it helped me get in shape and lose weight but I started to feel too skinny and physically weak. So the last 5 months I've been lifting weights and I've actually put on 8 lbs (weighed 147 before).

Lifting weights also reignited my interest in grip which first began as a teenager when my dad bought a CoC Trainer. At the time I could close it once or twice. I ordered a Trainer myself and found that I am stronger now than when I was a teenager and I can easily close the Trainer for many reps. I've since ordered the CoC G, S, .5, 1, 1.5, and 2. I can close the #1 with either hand and can come very close to closing the #1.5 with my right hand. My immediate goals for the next 6 months- year is to close the #2. In addition to grippers I plan on incorporating other elements of grip strength into my workout routine, such as levering, pinch, blobs, and perhaps eventually bending.

I felt particularly inspired by watching some of Tommy Heslep's videos on youtube. He's a pretty lightweight guy like me (he's 170 lbs I think) but he has super strong grip.

Edited by FiveFingerViceGrip

Forgot to mention my hands are 7.4 inches from bottom to top of middle finger and 8.6 inches spread from pinky to thumb.

My names Adam. I'm 24. Train in Lima, Ohio at Under the Bar. Powerlifted for the last couple years. Best bench is 600 in a shirt. 450 raw. Getting close to 600 on deads.

Started doing strongman and grip a couple months ago. Ive closed a #2. Picked half of a 70 lb. York db. Double overhand on axle with 375.

I just enjoy being strong. Grip seems like something I can do between training for powerlifting and while I train my girlfriend. So far I'm hooked!!

Hello everyone my name is William. I'm 26, 5'9" and 155 lbs. The last few years I've been running and swimming and it helped me get in shape and lose weight but I started to feel too skinny and physically weak. So the last 5 months I've been lifting weights and I've actually put on 8 lbs (weighed 147 before).

Lifting weights also reignited my interest in grip which first began as a teenager when my dad bought a CoC Trainer. At the time I could close it once or twice. I ordered a Trainer myself and found that I am stronger now than when I was a teenager and I can easily close the Trainer for many reps. I've since ordered the CoC G, S, .5, 1, 1.5, and 2. I can close the #1 with either hand and can come very close to closing the #1.5 with my right hand. My immediate goals for the next 6 months- year is to close the #2. In addition to grippers I plan on incorporating other elements of grip strength into my workout routine, such as levering, pinch, blobs, and perhaps eventually bending.

I felt particularly inspired by watching some of Tommy Heslep's videos on youtube. He's a pretty lightweight guy like me (he's 170 lbs I think) but he has super strong grip.

Welcome!

Welcome william!:]

Hi. My name is Don. I am a rock climber who started to research different ways to build hand strength and now am addicted to grip training. It is has carried over to my climbing. I am enjoying training grip just for the pure fun of it also. I look forward to learning more here.

Hi. My name is Don. I am a rock climber who started to research different ways to build hand strength and now am addicted to grip training. It is has carried over to my climbing. I am enjoying training grip just for the pure fun of it also. I look forward to learning more here.

Welcome!

Lots of new members coming on board.....

Welcome to ALL our new members!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Fellas!

New to grip strength, got interested in strengthening this area because of Judo. Haven't lifted weights in a few years, just mostly body weight calisthenics for functional strength and flexibility, not looking to bulk up.

Anyway, totally new to this area of fitness and am glad to come across this board.

Good day,

My name is Rob, I am 5'10", between 215 and 225, and have been Olympic weightlifting while doing some associated general strength work consistently for about six years. I quickly learned in both sports that I would not be lighting the world on fire, while at the same time, have not found anything short of fishing to be as intrinsically satisfying as training for and competing in strength sports.

I first became interested in hand and forearm strength after putting up with sore wrists from writing during grad school. It turned out, not so surprisingly, that the source of my pain was not injury, but weakness! I've been pain-free and slowly getting less weak since addressing this problem first with plate pinching and grippers; I have since become aware of the many other sub-disciplines of hand strength, and I look forward to trying them all.

My goals for the short term include closing a #2 COC with my right hand (left is still just closing a 1.5) and increasing my double-overhand deadlift to nearer my hook-gripped maximum. I am fortunate to live on a yardsite with a surplus of old iron lying around, so although it isn't really a performance goal, I am keen to see what grip-related implements I can construct from the materials around me.

I will likely be doing more listening than talking for the first while as I learn the ropes. Glad to be here.

Edited by therearenoroadshere

Hey Fellas!

New to grip strength, got interested in strengthening this area because of Judo. Haven't lifted weights in a few years, just mostly body weight calisthenics for functional strength and flexibility, not looking to bulk up.

Anyway, totally new to this area of fitness and am glad to come across this board.

Good day,

My name is Rob, I am 5'10", between 215 and 225, and have been Olympic weightlifting while doing some associated general strength work consistently for about six years. I quickly learned in both sports that I would not be lighting the world on fire, while at the same time, have not found anything short of fishing to be as intrinsically satisfying as training for and competing in strength sports.

I first became interested in hand and forearm strength after putting up with sore wrists from writing during grad school. It turned out, not so surprisingly, that the source of my pain was not injury, but weakness! I've been pain-free and slowly getting less weak since addressing this problem first with plate pinching and grippers; I have since become aware of the many other sub-disciplines of hand strength, and I look forward to trying them all.

My goals for the short term include closing a #2 COC with my right hand (left is still just closing a 1.5) and increasing my double-overhand deadlift to nearer my hook-gripped maximum. I am fortunate to live on a yardsite with a surplus of old iron lying around, so although it isn't really a performance goal, I am keen to see what grip-related implements I can construct from the materials around me.

I will likely be doing more listening than talking for the first while as I learn the ropes. Glad to be here.

Welcome to the board!

My name is Teemu and i´m 28 years old guy from finland. I have been training about 10 years at random but more regularly in recent years. couple years ago i bought my first gripper and since then i start to put more grip exercises in to my training program.

My name is Teemu and i´m 28 years old guy from finland. I have been training about 10 years at random but more regularly in recent years. couple years ago i bought my first gripper and since then i start to put more grip exercises in to my training program.

Welcome to the board!

Hi to all!

My name is Juha Piironen, 30 years old and I´m from Finland. I have trained grip and powerlifting about two years. My mentor is Juha Grip Monster Harju.

I have closed IM#3 parallel set, pinched 2x20kg Leoko plates, 5x5 kg Leoko plates, 43kg at Power disc and I have competed at some grip contests in Finland. Next I´ll compete at Master of International Horror Grip contest and WSH 2012 contest.

In future I´ll do also Mash Monster Certs.

Great grip training to all!

Greetings,

Juha Piironen

Hi to all!

My name is Juha Piironen, 30 years old and I´m from Finland. I have trained grip and powerlifting about two years. My mentor is Juha Grip Monster Harju.

I have closed IM#3 parallel set, pinched 2x20kg Leoko plates, 5x5 kg Leoko plates, 43kg at Power disc and I have competed at some grip contests in Finland. Next I´ll compete at Master of International Horror Grip contest and WSH 2012 contest.

In future I´ll do also Mash Monster Certs.

Great grip training to all!

Greetings,

Juha Piironen

Welcome!

• Like 1

Hi All

My names Martin. Just signed up today. I'm male, 32, 5'10 and 95kg. Got into training late in the game. Started with kettlebells in 2008, at the same time as joining the fire service, but have been Oly lifting for about a year now. Not really that strong, I have a 90kg snatch a 107.5kg clean and jerk. Grip strength has always been particularly bad. I have a HG150 which I can close and a HG200 which I can't.. I’ve got a HG100 on the way and I hope to start the RRBT when it gets here.

I'll happily take all advice....

Looking forward to getting started..

Hi

Name's Sergei,

24 years old

181cm - 5'11.3"

82kg - 180lbs

Will build my own farmer's walking handles, and also my own plate loaded grip machine. SOON.

And also built my own pinch gripping block recently, and I really like training with it.

I remember joining the GripBoard some months ago, but yesterday when I tried to login, I noticed my account was non-existent... perhaps deleted due inactivity?

Anyway, I hope this new one will not get deleted (it is also possible that I think I've registered here before)

I'm gathering my hardware for a solid grip training.

So there's just need for some no-BS grip knowledge which I'm sure I will learn from you guys.