NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello everyone,

My name is Albin, I'm 19 years old and I live in Sweden.

I have been training grip for about 9 months now, and it has grown to be the favourite part of my training. It's so addictive!

I also do alot of squatting, kettlebell lifting and other basic training.

2hand pinching and grippers are my favourites but I also enjoy the Rolling Thunder!

This was a little bit about me, take care guys : )

Hey guys my name Dan

I'm 21 225 lbs

Ive been lifting since I was 13 but always lacked the superior strength in grip weight lifting gave me a decent grip cause I closed the no 2 right when I got it with my right hand I bought the t to the 4 from iron mind a long term goal would be to close the number 4. I am on the first day of the kta program and by joining this forum I am looking forward to all the knowledge I will gain from everyone here and to update my training progress!

Hey everybody, my name is Terry and I came here to learn how to strengthen my forearms and grip. I am 28, 6 feet tall and 165 lbs and I train mostly body weight movements, with a heavy emphasis on gymnastics starting recently. My forearms are weak, which I believe led to an injury(forearm pain when coming out of a handstand or when releasing my grip from parallel bars, or with pull-ups with hands facing away) so I figured I need to get stronger forearms and grip to prevent anything like that from happening again.

My current forearm/grip workout in includes:

Chin ups with 2.5" thick handles with 20lbs on a dipping belt

Wrist roller with 25lbs with hands facing the down, 20lbs with hands facing up(hands facing up causes some discomfort in the forearm).

5lb dumbbell wrist pronation work(not sure exactly what this is called, like holding a hammer in one hand with forearms resting on the knee while turning the handle to the side and then back straight).

Rice bucket exercises. Making wrist circles in the rice while the elbow is still.

Grippers. I do these less than all the others. I can currently close the Ironmind Trainer about 5-7 times each with both hands, can't do the number one yet.

There it is. If anyone would care to offer critique or advice I would greatly appreciate it. I hope I can learn a lot and also contribute here.

Lastly, my goals for 2012

I would like to be able to close the IronMind #2.5

Full front lever

Human flag

One arm pull up

Full range of motion handstand pushups or full body weight military press.

Standing ab-wheel roll-out.

Hey Terry! Welcome to the board!

Check out this training log from another gymnast interested in bodyweight exercises and grip: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=19253&pid=534638&st=1800entry534638

You're doing some good things like the thick bar weighted pull ups and levering. It's probably good you're not going crazy on the grippers because I would imagine that has the least carryover to gymnastics. I would get something longer than a dumbbell to do the levering. One thing a lot of commercial gyms have are those "body bars" that are primarily used in fitness classes. There are some that about 24-36" that are perfect for levering.

Hello, my name is Stephen. I am a college student, 18 years old. I am 5' 10'' and 168 lbs. I love grip training and I'm hoping to join the special forces in the near future. That is how I got into grip training in the first place. I started grip training last year. My small goals are to two hand plate pinch 2 45s and to reverse curl 50 lbs. I've been doing the beginner's program on this forum.

Edited by tokyofight

Hello, my name is Stephen. I am a college student, 18 years old. I am 5' 10'' and 168 lbs. I love grip training and I'm hoping to join the special forces in the near future. That is how I got into grip training in the first place. I started grip training last year. My small goals are to two hand plate pinch 2 45s and to reverse curl 50 lbs. I've been doing the beginner's program on this forum.

Welcome to the GripBoard Stephen!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am 46 and have just recently started working out. I started out wanting to lose weight and lower my cholesterol (Dr's orders).

I weigh 170 and currently trying to gain muscle mass. I can close the COC 1.5. My goal is to close the COC 3.

I am also lifting weights to gain overall strength.

Roger

Savannah, GA

Hi,

I am 46 and have just recently started working out. I started out wanting to lose weight and lower my cholesterol (Dr's orders).

I weigh 170 and currently trying to gain muscle mass. I can close the COC 1.5. My goal is to close the COC 3.

I am also lifting weights to gain overall strength.

Roger

Savannah, GA

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Hello all,

A quick hello. I'm just getting into arm wrestling. So far i'm only training and at the moment i'm not getting enough table time, but hopefully as work gets quieter, that will change.

I'm from the UK, not far from London if anyone wants to come to the gym that I (occasionally) train at. They've got a decent arm wrestling table.

Gary

Hello all,

A quick hello. I'm just getting into arm wrestling. So far i'm only training and at the moment i'm not getting enough table time, but hopefully as work gets quieter, that will change.

I'm from the UK, not far from London if anyone wants to come to the gym that I (occasionally) train at. They've got a decent arm wrestling table.

Gary

Gary, welcome to the GripBoard!

Bill

Hey everyone. I'm 20 years old, and I've been doing heavy weight lifting for a couple years now. Height is around 5'7"; weight 145-150lbs.

I also have an interest in grip strength, and I heard this was a good place to get some information.

I live in the Great White North and I've competed in powerlifting before, but my main interest is in old school strength-training methods.

G'day,

A gripper from Australia here. I'm 5'7 @ 192lb atm and thinking about new ways to build some serious grip. I've started lighting weights seriously and I've noticed a lot of people using straps for deadlift (Nothing wrong with that) and some guys unable to do pullups even though they are freaking huge! Anyway I did not want to turn out like that and since moving to the country I've been able to witness my partners father who is in his 70's utilising this titanic grip he got from a life time of sheering and I figured, I've gotta have a grip like that!

GREETINGS ALL.

Can't wait to begin soaking in more ideas and knowledge from the rest of the grip world. Consider this my first submission to the gods of hand strength.

Strength

Phil

The Thunder Rolls, But not here!

GREETINGS ALL.

Can't wait to begin soaking in more ideas and knowledge from the rest of the grip world. Consider this my first submission to the gods of hand strength.

Strength

Phil

The Thunder Rolls, But not here!

Welcome Phil!

Bill

G'day,

A gripper from Australia here. I'm 5'7 @ 192lb atm and thinking about new ways to build some serious grip. I've started lighting weights seriously and I've noticed a lot of people using straps for deadlift (Nothing wrong with that) and some guys unable to do pullups even though they are freaking huge! Anyway I did not want to turn out like that and since moving to the country I've been able to witness my partners father who is in his 70's utilising this titanic grip he got from a life time of sheering and I figured, I've gotta have a grip like that!

Welcome!

Hey everyone. I'm 20 years old, and I've been doing heavy weight lifting for a couple years now. Height is around 5'7"; weight 145-150lbs.

I also have an interest in grip strength, and I heard this was a good place to get some information.

I live in the Great White North and I've competed in powerlifting before, but my main interest is in old school strength-training methods.

Welcome to the board!

Bill

Hello! my name is Simon and i live in sweden! i like grippers! bodybuilding and chopping wood! i am also aiming to cert the coc 3 this year!

Hello grippers!

I'm 26 years old student from finland, that recently got back into physical training. I used to do some serious/less serious gym training several years ago(age ~16-23), but last few years have gone by smoking and drinking.

I quit smoking 6 weeks ago and picked up my long forgotten coc T and #1 shortly after. I'm quite suprised that after few years of doing nothing physical, I can now do +20 reps on that #1 after a month of training or so. Going to order #1,5 and #2 when my poor-ass-student budged allows it. Also planning to hit the gym again in near future to get back some general strength levels.

Hello grippers!

I'm 26 years old student from finland, that recently got back into physical training. I used to do some serious/less serious gym training several years ago(age ~16-23), but last few years have gone by smoking and drinking.

I quit smoking 6 weeks ago and picked up my long forgotten coc T and #1 shortly after. I'm quite suprised that after few years of doing nothing physical, I can now do +20 reps on that #1 after a month of training or so. Going to order #1,5 and #2 when my poor-ass-student budged allows it. Also planning to hit the gym again in near future to get back some general strength levels.

Welcome!

Welcome to the gripboard everyone!

Surmis, i say aviod the 1.5 and go for the 2 and 2.5

• Like 1

Welcome to the gripboard everyone!

Surmis, i say aviod the 1.5 and go for the 2 and 2.5

I was going to write this same thing until I scrolled down and saw it. This is good advice.

• Like 1

I haven't seen this post before now, which i why i haven't posted before. I have been lurking the forum for some months now, so might aswell contribute a bit :-) My name is Thomas and i'm 24 years old. I'm from Denmark, and have been interested in grip training for a little less than half a year now. My interest got piqued after wanting to improve my strapless DO deadlift. Suddenly it wasn't all about strapless lifting anymore, but just as much about training the grip itself. Nowadays i'm into pinch, fatbar training and of course grippers. Would like someday to try out bending and typical grip feats, but for now il'll stick with the things mentioned. I've been trying some KTA for about three weeks but have stopped for now because it seems a bit too hard on tendons and the like. Will probably go back to training 2-3 times a week instead, when i figure out what routine would benefit me. My current long term goal is to cert the CoC #3. Still a bit of ground to cover though, seeing how i still need a few mm's before i can confidently close the #2.

I think that's all for now. A lot of you posters here seem sympathetic and keen on helping eachother achieve whatever goals you have, which is really nice to see. Hopefully someday i can contribute myself to this, now that i've already gained so much from reading posts from all of you :-)