NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Welcome Noah! Its great to have you here. Congratulations on your recent #3 certification. Good luck on your way to the #3.5 and beyond.

Hello

My name is Nick. I am a former powerlifter whos is moving on in the strength game. Ive always admired strong grips and I'm looking to learn a couple of things

This is a great board

Thanks

Nick

Hi, my name's Marc, i am 30 years old, i live near Beirut, Lebanon.

i started grip training about 1 month ago. i am a rock climber with a temporary back muscle injury. and finger strength is really essential in climbing. so i started gripping just to get my joints and bones stronger. but after few days of searching online i found out about those Captain of Crushes and now i know lots of info..just after 10 days maybe.

i have been training with an adjustable gripper. the first few days i barely could do it once on the highest tension. now i am doing more than 20 reps. and i weight measured it. it's 55 lbs. so with some One Rep Max calculations(i have done weight training before, and i have some experience in fitness and muscle training) i figured i could close Coc Number 2 . so i ordered 2 and 3 , 3 days ago. i will get them friday, and i really expect myself to close the 2 right out of the box. i also have been training on an 8mm steel ..trying to grip and bend it.. i closed it to 3 inches..making a loop.. but i know this is not a good training.. because i am doing 100% and it's dangerous for muscle tears..

i already have strong fingers, i can lift my body with 2 finger tips on a 1 inch ledge .. so this will help me a lot to improve fast in gripping

i weight about 139 lbs , i am 179 cm tall (5 feet 10.5 inchs) i know i am light weight.. but i am athletic. no fat around

i just come to this board to see what others are doing, and to learn what i still need to learn, and to share what i am doing with other enthusiastic people.

i usually always take hobbies far.. so we'll see how far i will take this :)

have a great day everyone

My name is Noah Bitter, the following article introduces me http://www.ironmind...._3_Gripper.html

I am here to learn as much as possible!

Welcome!

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

My name's Andrew, 24 yrs old. 6' 190lbs. Only been lifting consistently since February, added grip strength and bending around July and September, respectively. Closing CoC 2 TNS for a double right, single left. Bending blue nails pretty easily, but I've been putting off ordering the grade 5's and grade 8's. I've pulled up 50 on the IM hub. I've recently added a rock-climbing hangboard into the mix.

I got into grip through a convergence of factors. I went climbing with a few buddies (serious climbers) and I was disgraced by how weak my grip was. Also, I was struggling to double overhand deadlifts of any considerable weight. I saw a few youtube videos of grip feats and decided enough was enough. "I can do that, I just have to train." So here I am.

Recently ordered a 2nd gen blob (half 95lb) and figured it's time to fess up. I'm addicted. Nothing beats the feeling of having stronger hands every day.

Keep up the impressive work, everyone.

-A

Edited by Trainee

Hey Guys,

My name's Andrew, 24 yrs old. 6' 190lbs. Only been lifting consistently since February, added grip strength and bending around July and September, respectively. Closing CoC 2 TNS for a double right, single left. Bending blue nails pretty easily, but I've been putting off ordering the grade 5's and grade 8's. I've pulled up 50 on the IM hub. I've recently added a rock-climbing hangboard into the mix.

I got into grip through a convergence of factors. I went climbing with a few buddies (serious climbers) and I was disgraced by how weak my grip was. Also, I was struggling to double overhand deadlifts of any considerable weight. I saw a few youtube videos of grip feats and decided enough was enough. "I can do that, I just have to train." So here I am.

Recently ordered a 2nd gen blob (half 95lb) and figured it's time to fess up. I'm addicted. Nothing beats the feeling of having stronger hands every day.

Keep up the impressive work, everyone.

-A

Welcome!

Ahoy!

I'm Jessie. I've been paying around with grippers for some time now and, having owned the CoC T/1/2 for years now, have still been unable to close the #2. So, I've decided to really give things a go, as my hand strength is also limiting what I can pull when deadlifting or heavy rows. Added the GHP 3/4 and a set of Fat Gripz to my collection, along with a Vulcan on order to help fill in the gaps.

Ahoy!

I'm Jessie. I've been paying around with grippers for some time now and, having owned the CoC T/1/2 for years now, have still been unable to close the #2. So, I've decided to really give things a go, as my hand strength is also limiting what I can pull when deadlifting or heavy rows. Added the GHP 3/4 and a set of Fat Gripz to my collection, along with a Vulcan on order to help fill in the gaps.

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Chris Brown. I’ve been a member since December 2011 but only very recently begun looking through the forum.

I’m 5’9” and 220 pounds. I need to drop twenty. I think my hands and wrists are in the average range in terms of size. Though almost every time I shake someone’s hand it seems their hand is much larger than mine. This may have to do more with hand thickness than actual length of the fingers and palm. I am somewhat ambidextrous but for most things I am right handed, it is the stronger hand also.

Within the last couple of weeks I have purchased the CoC guide, sport, trainer, and 0.5 grippers. I received my trainer first. My initial attempt saw me doing just one full close with my right hand and none with my left. A humbling experience as in the past I had fairly strong hands, though certainly not in comparison to Captains or Mash Monsters or whichever certification level.

I read online about the clinking sound a gripper makes when it’s mashed. I really had no idea what the heck that meant. But several days later I clinked the trainer. Ahh, that’s what they mean. As of today I can close the trainer 10 times with the right and seven with the left. I received my CoC 0.5 today and closed it once with the right, none with the left. Not much to speak of but it’s kind of nice for me to have made some little bit of progress.

I also do wrist curls and reverse wrist curls, pinch grip work with two 2”x8” pieces of wood nailed together (about two feet long), and some leverage work with a broomstick. I finish up every workout with finger extensions with rubber bands.

My goal is simple: to see how far I can get with the grippers. With my progress in the last couple of weeks I figure I’ll close the CoC #4 in approximately 2.53 months. Sorry, bad joke. I really just want to get a strong grip and increase my hand thickness/width while maintaining hand health.

Just FYI: I am completely blind and use a computer screen reading program. I apologize in advance for any odd keystrokes or misspellings or whatnot in any comment I might make in the future.

Chris

Hello, my name is Chris Brown. I’ve been a member since December 2011 but only very recently begun looking through the forum.

I’m 5’9” and 220 pounds. I need to drop twenty. I think my hands and wrists are in the average range in terms of size. Though almost every time I shake someone’s hand it seems their hand is much larger than mine. This may have to do more with hand thickness than actual length of the fingers and palm. I am somewhat ambidextrous but for most things I am right handed, it is the stronger hand also.

Within the last couple of weeks I have purchased the CoC guide, sport, trainer, and 0.5 grippers. I received my trainer first. My initial attempt saw me doing just one full close with my right hand and none with my left. A humbling experience as in the past I had fairly strong hands, though certainly not in comparison to Captains or Mash Monsters or whichever certification level.

I read online about the clinking sound a gripper makes when it’s mashed. I really had no idea what the heck that meant. But several days later I clinked the trainer. Ahh, that’s what they mean. As of today I can close the trainer 10 times with the right and seven with the left. I received my CoC 0.5 today and closed it once with the right, none with the left. Not much to speak of but it’s kind of nice for me to have made some little bit of progress.

I also do wrist curls and reverse wrist curls, pinch grip work with two 2”x8” pieces of wood nailed together (about two feet long), and some leverage work with a broomstick. I finish up every workout with finger extensions with rubber bands.

My goal is simple: to see how far I can get with the grippers. With my progress in the last couple of weeks I figure I’ll close the CoC #4 in approximately 2.53 months. Sorry, bad joke. I really just want to get a strong grip and increase my hand thickness/width while maintaining hand health.

Just FYI: I am completely blind and use a computer screen reading program. I apologize in advance for any odd keystrokes or misspellings or whatnot in any comment I might make in the future.

Chris

Welcome!

hi everyone just joined up to learn about how to strengthen my grip, i started training for strongman this year and competed once (won 7 out of 8 events) the one i didnt win was hercules hold, so ive finally decided to start specifically training my grip, ive made a few pieces of equipment to get me started and have also been lent some captains of crush grippers by a friend #1,#2,#3, i can close the #1 fairly easily and can almost close the #2, which i thought was ok for my first ever go on grippers. hopefully can learn alot on here.

hi everyone just joined up to learn about how to strengthen my grip, i started training for strongman this year and competed once (won 7 out of 8 events) the one i didnt win was hercules hold, so ive finally decided to start specifically training my grip, ive made a few pieces of equipment to get me started and have also been lent some captains of crush grippers by a friend #1,#2,#3, i can close the #1 fairly easily and can almost close the #2, which i thought was ok for my first ever go on grippers. hopefully can learn alot on here.

Welcome to the board!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

My name is Brian. I've just started grip training recently. I've played rugby in the past during college, and competed in bull riding.

I'm looking to build up a strong set of hands and do a few feats along the way.

Howdy,

My name is Brian. I've just started grip training recently. I've played rugby in the past during college, and competed in bull riding.

I'm looking to build up a strong set of hands and do a few feats along the way.

Welcome Brian!

Hi, my name's Tom. I started lifting weights in high school, but didn't get serious about it until I was 26. I bought "Super Squats" and went for 175lbs. to 200lbs. in four weeks. A couple of years ago I bought a #1 and a #2. I trained with them for a couple of months then started get tendonitis in my wrist so I stopped using them. It wasn't until a few months ago that I decided to pick the grippers up again, but when I did, I discovered the complete world of grip and have become addicted to all things grip since. I'm 30 now so hopefully I still have time to make a strong grip. Some short term goals I have are to be able to complete the CTD challenge and CCS my 2.5. My long term goals are to cert MM0 and lift a 50lb blob and the inch. I'm glad I was able to discover the gripboard, it's a great resource for information and look forward to learning more on here.

Hi, my name's Tom. I started lifting weights in high school, but didn't get serious about it until I was 26. I bought "Super Squats" and went for 175lbs. to 200lbs. in four weeks. A couple of years ago I bought a #1 and a #2. I trained with them for a couple of months then started get tendonitis in my wrist so I stopped using them. It wasn't until a few months ago that I decided to pick the grippers up again, but when I did, I discovered the complete world of grip and have become addicted to all things grip since. I'm 30 now so hopefully I still have time to make a strong grip. Some short term goals I have are to be able to complete the CTD challenge and CCS my 2.5. My long term goals are to cert MM0 and lift a 50lb blob and the inch. I'm glad I was able to discover the gripboard, it's a great resource for information and look forward to learning more on here.

Welcome Tom!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Mike here, Live near Newcastle in England, I Compete in Strongman competitons, Im 30, 6'3" 300lbs.

Grip seems to be one of my weak links so here i am.

Just bought 4 piars of HG's 150-200-250-300lbs so looking at how best to use them along with any other tips and tricks for an iron grip.

Hi all.

Mike here, Live near Newcastle in England, I Compete in Strongman competitons, Im 30, 6'3" 300lbs.

Grip seems to be one of my weak links so here i am.

Just bought 4 piars of HG's 150-200-250-300lbs so looking at how best to use them along with any other tips and tricks for an iron grip.

Welcome Mike!

hi all my name is Roger and I am 38 I really want to get my grip strength higher

Welcome Roger!

Hi All,

My name is Chad Canter. I am a competitive amateur strongman. I compete in the 200lb division and I am probably going to compete a bit among the 230s to put a little pressure on myself to get better.

I am really green when it comes to grip training, but I thought it couldn't hurt to improve on that front since I have small, average strength hands. I currently do grip/hand related stuff once or twice a week depending on what my strongman events are.

I have been doing Rolling Thunder after deadlifts and have worked up to a meager 135 pounds. I have been doing some reading on RT on the threads here, so thanks for that already.

We have an Ivanko gripper at the gym which I have used a little bit. I think it's a bit awkward so if anyone has tips for using, or not using it, I am open.

I also ordered the IM Bag O' Nails and the FBBC Beginner's Bag. I have been reading up on those threads too and watching as many videos as I can. After mangling the white and green IM nails, I struggled mightily with the yellow nail before finishing it. As a newb, I know my technique sucks.

So, as for my goals, I would like to develop strong, healthy hands to support my strongman training. I would like to get better at bending nails. I really geek out on new challenges so I have been studying this forum, Jedd's ebooks on bending and card tearing and I look forward to learning from everyone on this forum.

Edited by Chad Canter

Hi All,

My name is Chad Canter. I am a competitive amateur strongman. I compete in the 200lb division and I am probably going to compete a bit among the 230s to put a little pressure on myself to get better.

I am really green when it comes to grip training, but I thought it couldn't hurt to improve on that front since I have small, average strength hands. I currently do grip/hand related stuff once or twice a week depending on what my strongman events are.

I have been doing Rolling Thunder after deadlifts and have worked up to a meager 135 pounds. I have been doing some reading on RT on the threads here, so thanks for that already.

We have an Ivanko gripper at the gym which I have used a little bit. I think it's a bit awkward so if anyone has tips for using, or not using it, I am open.

I also ordered the IM Bag O' Nails and the FBBC Beginner's Bag. I have been reading up on those threads too and watching as many videos as I can. After mangling the white and green IM nails, I struggled mightily with the yellow nail before finishing it. As a newb, I know my technique sucks.

So, as for my goals, I would like to develop strong, healthy hands to support my strongman training. I would like to get better at bending nails. I really geek out on new challenges so I have been studying this forum, Jedd's ebooks on bending and card tearing and I look forward to learning from everyone on this forum.

Welcome Chad!

My name is Shayne Scantland i'm 22 yrs old 165# ive been grip training with my brother (Kody Burns) world record holder for 2 HP. Been doing it for about 4 weeks now I can close #1.5 CoC and a couple mm from the #2 Coc. tried bending a blue nail first try was a DUD second time which was 2 days ago bent it on the first try. im excited and ADDICTED now to grip strength. my goal is to close #3 and try for the world record for 2HP which im only off 20lbs in my weight class, it might take some time but its a goal id like to reach.

• Like 1

My name is Shayne Scantland i'm 22 yrs old 165# ive been grip training with my brother (Kody Burns) world record holder for 2 HP. Been doing it for about 4 weeks now I can close #1.5 CoC and a couple mm from the #2 Coc. tried bending a blue nail first try was a DUD second time which was 2 days ago bent it on the first try. im excited and ADDICTED now to grip strength. my goal is to close #3 and try for the world record for 2HP which im only off 20lbs in my weight class, it might take some time but its a goal id like to reach.

Welcome!

Greetings all!

My name is Jonathan. I will start by noting that I am a complete grip training newbie. I have been lifting recreationally for several years but have always had a relatively weak grip. I am committed to changing this and look forward to learning from all of your experience.

As a baseline metric, I am presently able to solidly close the Heavy Grip 200 with each hand (just enough set to get my fingers around the grip). I am very close to closing the HG250 with my right (dominant) hand as well. One major issue holding me back is pain in my not so meaty hands when working with grippers (the pain is where the bottom of the gripper pushes into my palm). My hope is that as I learn more about this training and add some bulk to my hands this pain will go away.

Currently, I have not yet started a real grip routine. I have been easing into my training by incorporating fat grips into my workouts. (IronMaster Fat Grip Adapters on my IM dumbbells and Fat Gripz on everything else) My initial grip specific work is fat grip dumbbell static holds and farmer carries with supersets of rubber band finger extensions.

My current equipment plans to get me started are:

Plate Loading Pin

Rolling Thunder

Pinch Block

Hub

Baseball and Softball with an eyelet inserted

Sidewinder Pro Xtreme (or traditional wrist roller)

Possibly a Grip Machine (maybe the Sorinex Mighty Mitts Pop's Gripper)

My initial goal is simple. I want to develop all around stronger hands and grip.

I plan to start getting much more serious about training my grip strength and taking it to a whole new level!

Edited by jtaliani