NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hey everyone, I'm Phil and am obsessed with grippers. I've always had a cheapie pair for stress relief. I stumbled upon Ironmind's CoC and bought a #1 and #2. I closed both the first day, but the #2 was stout and was only good for one rep. I worked my way up to 15 reps on the #2, and purchased the #2.5 and #3. I can currently do three reps on the #2.5, but haven't closed the #3 yet. It's funny how exponentially tougher it gets :). Anyways, I would love to get certified on the #3 in the next couple of months. I've now discovered blobs, block and pinch weights for some varied training. Did I mention I'm obsessed? This board has been mentioned all over the grip world and thought I would join the community. Thanks and look forward to meeting everyone!

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I'm Mick, from Ireland. 22 years old and have recently become pretty obsessed with grip/hand strength training.

Haven't done anything of note yet but have started training pretty seriously.

Happy to find this place and looking forward to learning a lot!

Is there somewhere around here with a list of grip abbreviations and their meanings? I'm always seeing things I don't/can't find the meaning of.

Anyway, look forward to maybe getting to know some people around here.

Hello, good to be here.

Hey everyone, I'm Phil and am obsessed with grippers. I've always had a cheapie pair for stress relief. I stumbled upon Ironmind's CoC and bought a #1 and #2. I closed both the first day, but the #2 was stout and was only good for one rep. I worked my way up to 15 reps on the #2, and purchased the #2.5 and #3. I can currently do three reps on the #2.5, but haven't closed the #3 yet. It's funny how exponentially tougher it gets :). Anyways, I would love to get certified on the #3 in the next couple of months. I've now discovered blobs, block and pinch weights for some varied training. Did I mention I'm obsessed? This board has been mentioned all over the grip world and thought I would join the community. Thanks and look forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome to the board!

Hello everyone, My name is Troy Reed i am new to the grip game but am enjoying my start. i am six foot and 240 pounds . I enjoy mma and armwrestling and now the sport of gripping. i first started gripping for armwrestling i aint very good at eaither yet but hope to get better.i am a family man have several children and happily married, i have been married going on 5 years and just need somthing outside of everyday normal to do.

My name is Mavrick McDowell, I am 16yo, 6'2'', 170lbs, and my have been training grip for approximately 8 months. My uncle Mighty Joe Musselwhite got me hooked on grip strength training. My accomplishments are as follows....

I can euro pinch 141.4 lbs, axle deadlift 260, hub 51.6, shut a 103 lbs from a 20mm block set, and shut a CoC#2 from a parallel set...I have also shut a GHP lvl5... I hope to be the youngest to ever shut a CoC#3. I am extremely committed to blobs, gripper, and the axle. Last night(3/9/13) I competed in Eric Milfeilds SHOW OF HANDS GRIP CONTEST 2013 and earned 12th place out of 16 competeters.

Hello everyone, My name is Troy Reed i am new to the grip game but am enjoying my start. i am six foot and 240 pounds . I enjoy mma and armwrestling and now the sport of gripping. i first started gripping for armwrestling i aint very good at eaither yet but hope to get better.i am a family man have several children and happily married, i have been married going on 5 years and just need somthing outside of everyday normal to do.

My name is Mavrick McDowell, I am 16yo, 6'2'', 170lbs, and my have been training grip for approximately 8 months. My uncle Mighty Joe Musselwhite got me hooked on grip strength training. My accomplishments are as follows....

I can euro pinch 141.4 lbs, axle deadlift 260, hub 51.6, shut a 103 lbs from a 20mm block set, and shut a CoC#2 from a parallel set...I have also shut a GHP lvl5... I hope to be the youngest to ever shut a CoC#3. I am extremely committed to blobs, gripper, and the axle. Last night(3/9/13) I competed in Eric Milfeilds SHOW OF HANDS GRIP CONTEST 2013 and earned 12th place out of 16 competeters.

Welcome guys!

Hello everyone! I'm MIke. Mid-forties.

Been a climber since the mid-eighties, so I've been obsessed with some forms of grip strength off and on for 25+ years. Saw some IM grippers at a climbing shop in 2002 and was fascinated that the strongest climbers I knew struggled with a #2. That led me to the world of grip outside of climbing. I immediately purchased a gripper, rolling thunder, a hub, pinch block, and a loading pin. The rolling thunder became my favorite device that I've trained occasionally on since then. I've always felt that this type of device has been a benefit to my climbing.

Fast forward to last December and I became more interested in grippers and actually started training with them. Purchased more and now own up to IM #1.5 and looking at other brands as well.

'm older and fatter now, but it's been a fun ride!

Looking forward to learning from everyone! :excl::)

Enjoy!

Mike

I know there are a lot of great climbers on this board mike... Hopefully the ideas floating round here can help with your climbing

Hello everyone! I'm MIke. Mid-forties.

Been a climber since the mid-eighties, so I've been obsessed with some forms of grip strength off and on for 25+ years. Saw some IM grippers at a climbing shop in 2002 and was fascinated that the strongest climbers I knew struggled with a #2. That led me to the world of grip outside of climbing. I immediately purchased a gripper, rolling thunder, a hub, pinch block, and a loading pin. The rolling thunder became my favorite device that I've trained occasionally on since then. I've always felt that this type of device has been a benefit to my climbing.

Fast forward to last December and I became more interested in grippers and actually started training with them. Purchased more and now own up to IM #1.5 and looking at other brands as well.

'm older and fatter now, but it's been a fun ride!

Looking forward to learning from everyone! :excl::)

Enjoy!

Mike

Welcome Mike!

HI, my name is David

I'm from Trier,Germany and untill now, i was just a reader in this Forum.

I started Grippertraining and Bending in 2008, took part on the HGC 2009 Grip Challenge. http://www.rb-grip.de/contests.htm, but from the End of 2009 untill 11.2012.

I took a break, different reason, but anyway... back again.

I'm training with my buddy Thomas Becker two or three times a week.

Yesterday i trained "negative" with a RB300N right hand 10 times for 8 to 10 sec. left hand RB260N, the same, but not so long....

Actualy we are waiting for our Gillingham Grippers GHP7 and GHP8 and an Elite, which we have ordert at Cannon Powerworks.

goals are:

MM0, didn't make a movie yet

GHP7 , maybe 8 later .......

my first Elite close in parallel set (thomas has one, best try was less than 5mm)

COC 3 Cert

restarting bending.... I miss it.

maybe Certification on the red nail

Enough from me...excuse my englisch

if you find orthographic mistakes you can keep them ;)

By the way, I love what you guys are dooing.

HI, my name is David

I'm from Trier,Germany and untill now, i was just a reader in this Forum.

I started Grippertraining and Bending in 2008, took part on the HGC 2009 Grip Challenge. http://www.rb-grip.de/contests.htm, but from the End of 2009 untill 11.2012.

I took a break, different reason, but anyway... back again.

I'm training with my buddy Thomas Becker two or three times a week.

Yesterday i trained "negative" with a RB300N right hand 10 times for 8 to 10 sec. left hand RB260N, the same, but not so long....

Actualy we are waiting for our Gillingham Grippers GHP7 and GHP8 and an Elite, which we have ordert at Cannon Powerworks.

goals are:

MM0, didn't make a movie yet

GHP7 , maybe 8 later .......

my first Elite close in parallel set (thomas has one, best try was less than 5mm)

COC 3 Cert

restarting bending.... I miss it.

maybe Certification on the red nail

Enough from me...excuse my englisch

if you find orthographic mistakes you can keep them ;)

By the way, I love what you guys are dooing.

Welcome David!

Hello

My name is Dorin Radu Costache , age 24 , from city Bucharest, country Romania. I was inspired by my friend Eduard Dimiean (Eduard23) with his nr. CoC #3 closes. My goal is to close the nr. #3 gripper and certify on MM level 0.

GripBoard is Nr.#1 !!! Good luck gripsters!!!!

Hello

My name is Dorin Radu Costache , age 24 , from city Bucharest, country Romania. I was inspired by my friend Eduard Dimiean (Eduard23) with his nr. CoC #3 closes. My goal is to close the nr. #3 gripper and certify on MM level 0.

GripBoard is Nr.#1 !!! Good luck gripsters!!!!

Welcome!

Hey everyone,

My name is Brent Quandt and I live in Lincoln Nebraska. I have been lifting since high school somewhat consistently and have just recently gotten into grip training. When I was 18 someone handed me a CoC gripper and I remember thinking it was impossible. I have developed a decent grip purely through weightlifting as I never use straps and do a lot of barbell work. About 2 weeks ago I watched the movie Strongest Arms with Magnus Samuelsson on youtube which was funny and badass. I ordered a #2 CoC to see where I stood. After adjusting the grip I was able to make closes with both hands from parallel the night I got it in.

I still only have the CoC#2 gripper and my best is 2 consecutive CCS with right hand and 1CCS with the left. Today I managed 415x2 deadlift double overhand no hook (that is my typical way to train grip). I have been beefing up on all of the popular Youtube channels including Adam Glass, Sorinex, Juha, Paul Knight etc. and ordered the Sorinex Pop's plate loaded trainer late last night lol excited to get that in. I heard from somewhere that Joe Kinney recommends using the plate loaded grippers.

Goals: Certify on the #3 period

Question:

Why are these #4 closers so mysterious with their overpriced DVD's and lack of any videos on youtube except the random couple Holle vids?

Hey everyone,

My name is Brent Quandt and I live in Lincoln Nebraska. I have been lifting since high school somewhat consistently and have just recently gotten into grip training. When I was 18 someone handed me a CoC gripper and I remember thinking it was impossible. I have developed a decent grip purely through weightlifting as I never use straps and do a lot of barbell work. About 2 weeks ago I watched the movie Strongest Arms with Magnus Samuelsson on youtube which was funny and badass. I ordered a #2 CoC to see where I stood. After adjusting the grip I was able to make closes with both hands from parallel the night I got it in.

I still only have the CoC#2 gripper and my best is 2 consecutive CCS with right hand and 1CCS with the left. Today I managed 415x2 deadlift double overhand no hook (that is my typical way to train grip). I have been beefing up on all of the popular Youtube channels including Adam Glass, Sorinex, Juha, Paul Knight etc. and ordered the Sorinex Pop's plate loaded trainer late last night lol excited to get that in. I heard from somewhere that Joe Kinney recommends using the plate loaded grippers.

Question:

Why are these #4 closers so mysterious with their overpriced DVD's and lack of any videos on youtube except the random couple Holle vids?

Welcome Brent!

Hey everyone,

Question:

Welcome you will learn a lot here

You are off to a very strong start man.

We have several #4 closers on here that have done it under the old rules and a few who are close to the coc #4 ccs. Holle is the #1 king of crush grip with his GHP # 9 close.

Jonathan vogt has the potential to be the first # 4 ccs closer he is only around 23 or so I think here is his most recent attempt on a new #4. He has closed the #4 through parallel set though and is a member here.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

Hello all,

My name is Bryan. I am 27 years old and I am 6'0" and 174 lbs. I have been tinkering with grip training ever since I started strength training 9 years ago, but I only recently got really interested in training my grip seriously. In the past 8 months or so I worked up to bending an IM Blue Nail and can close a 1.5 COC Gripper. My immediate goals are to bend the IM Red Nail, complete the Crushed-to-Dust challenge, and leverage my 10lb. sledgehammer to my nose.

Hello all,

My name is Bryan. I am 27 years old and I am 6'0" and 174 lbs. I have been tinkering with grip training ever since I started strength training 9 years ago, but I only recently got really interested in training my grip seriously. In the past 8 months or so I worked up to bending an IM Blue Nail and can close a 1.5 COC Gripper. My immediate goals are to bend the IM Red Nail, complete the Crushed-to-Dust challenge, and leverage my 10lb. sledgehammer to my nose.

Welcome!

• Like 1

Hello all,

Those will be easy to complete!

I think you'l like it here on griboard!

Lots of nice, helpful and knowledgeable people on here!

Welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy all. I was member here a few years ago. Went away, and now I'm back:) I'm 6'3", roughly 190 lbs and 43 years old. I had also stopped doing all the grip work I was doing, and am back to being weak in the forearm area. My brother got me interested again (he never stopped). I've got some goals like closing the #3, but mostly I'm doing it for the martial arts applications, and for showing off to friends and co-workers. Good to be back!

Edited by Claemore

Howdy all. I was member here a few years ago. Went away, and now I'm back:) I'm 6'3", roughly 190 lbs and 43 years old. I had also stopped doing all the grip work I was doing, and am back to being weak in the forearm area. My brother got me interested again (he never stopped). I've got some goals like closing the #3, but mostly I'm doing it for the martial arts applications, and for showing off to friends and co-workers. Good to be back!

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Hello :D, thanks for letting me be a part of your group - My name is Daniel, i'm 21, i'm a martial arts practitioner/instructor, I started to train in bodybuilding for 2 years and since last year I joined armwrestling as a referee and this year i became an official armwrestling referee - also this year myself and a good friend started to organise the 1'st romanin gripping contest, and by the end of this month we will be doing the second edition of a gripping contest in Romania - I'm not good at closing grippers yet (CoC 1,5 is the maximum i can close) but I'm training :) - anyway, all I want is to be in connection with all the grippers in the world, so i can be able to become a good gripping judge and to promote at a high level gripping in my country -

in my opinion, gripping = represents a battle with your weaknesses where pure strength dominates

have a nice day gentlmen!

• Like 1