NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Guest Squat More

Welcome to the forum Marco, very strong lifts already man! I have subscribed to you on youtube, you'll like this place, lots of good guys here.

P.S. Super awesome work with the inch!!!!

• Like 1

Hello members, I'm Art 23 of age standing at 6'2 255lbs from los angeles. I been weight training for three years, and always knew my grip was a big weakness. About two months ago a friend introduced me to a c.o.c 2# and I managed to closed it with ease. What felt like love at first sight suddenly became an obsession, I bought a heavy grips collection, then came along a few C.o.c's and will soon complete purchasing the Ghp line of grippers. Even though it has been a very short period of time I know that grip training will always be part of regime. I'm glad I came accross this gripboard where I know my questions will be anwered and will gather a lot of knowledge.

Hello Gripboard,

my name is Marco Buhl and i'm from Germany. I'm now taking grip sport more serious.

October 2010 was my first competition. A few month earlier i heard about Captains of Crush grippers and of course Gabriel Sum. His videos on youtube have impressed me. So i decided to start with Grip Training.

After many mistakes and a few injuries later i'm now ready for more goals. The most important goal is to become a certified Captain of Crush in 2014. On march this year i could make 3 TNS reps with a hard No. 3. Because of an injury i'm still away from ccs but i have resumed my gripper training.

My biggest goals so far:

17.11. 2012 Crushed to Dust Certification

20.04.2013 1. Place on german championships

26.10.2013 1. Place on HTBM with 4 new german records

biggest lifts:

Rolling Thunder: 97,5Kg - in Contest

Ironmind Axle: 192,5Kg - in Contest

Trap Bar Fat gripz: 240Kg - in Contest

Inch Replica lifts: 7 times - in Contest

Shallow Hub: 29,2 Kg - in training

Half a Penny: 18,9Kg - in training

Stub: 20,9Kg - in training

All lifts are on my youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kornkid2001

I'm training with my girlfriend Janine in our garage. She is in Grip Sport for a few month. I think she is the first grip-woman in Germany.

The days are getting colder here and i'm excited about the next training sessions outside :-)

kind regards

Marco

Hello members, I'm Art 23 of age standing at 6'2 255lbs from los angeles. I been weight training for three years, and always knew my grip was a big weakness. About two months ago a friend introduced me to a c.o.c 2# and I managed to closed it with ease. What felt like love at first sight suddenly became an obsession, I bought a heavy grips collection, then came along a few C.o.c's and will soon complete purchasing the Ghp line of grippers. Even though it has been a very short period of time I know that grip training will always be part of regime. I'm glad I came accross this gripboard where I know my questions will be anwered and will gather a lot of knowledge.

Welcome guys!

Miska 22 years old. I live Finland. Love all kinds of grip strength training. Started bouldering 2 years a go . I want to be stronger . Hahah! :angry2:

Welcome!

Just signed up, been into grip training for about a year on/off and the last month or so really got into it heavily. I compete in a number of different martial arts / combat sports (Boxing, Thai Boxing, Submission Grappling, Combat Sambo, MMA) and having a stronger grip has definitely helped me, more so in grappling where I have wrist control or use a gable grip etc and when gripping onto a Kurtka (Jacket worn in Sambo)

I've been using Heavygrips upto now, started out on the HG200 and recently closed the HG250 on my RH, still a few mms away on my left. Will be buying the HG300 and CoC 2.5 next.

Forum looks good, great to be here!

James :)

Edited by Grip-Jay
  • Like 1

Have you tried towel pullups or rows? Will be great for that clothing grip!

That and some thickbar, similar to a wrist I'd say :)

Get a training log and post your workouts so that we can follow your progress :)

Have you tried towel pullups or rows? Will be great for that clothing grip!

That and some thickbar, similar to a wrist I'd say :)

Get a training log and post your workouts so that we can follow your progress :)

I use an old Judo Gi over a bar for pullups. Other than that I do the usual squat, bench, dead, OH press, clean and jerk, rows, plyo / iso / calisthenic stuff etc

Not really following any sort of grip program was hoping to find one, usually just use my grippers for a day, day off, again sort of thing.

Edit: Also been using a Powerball for a few years, can get it upto about 12,000rpm but again, never dedicated myself to it.

Edited by Grip-Jay

Just signed up, been into grip training for about a year on/off and the last month or so really got into it heavily. I compete in a number of different martial arts / combat sports (Boxing, Thai Boxing, Submission Grappling, Combat Sambo, MMA) and having a stronger grip has definitely helped me, more so in grappling where I have wrist control or use a gable grip etc and when gripping onto a Kurtka (Jacket worn in Sambo)

I've been using Heavygrips upto now, started out on the HG200 and recently closed the HG250 on my RH, still a few mms away on my left. Will be buying the HG300 and CoC 2.5 next.

Forum looks good, great to be here!

James :)

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, so my name is Cosmin and I joined this forum mainly for armwrestling but I will definitly check the whole thing.

Smth about me:I'm 18 years old, from Romania, been practicing armwrestling for almost 1 year now, and i'm working out for like 2 years+.I started armwrestling because I love knowing and sharing every little trick about it and also the strenght part of it.

Hellou. My name is Tuomo Anttila. Im from Finland. Gym training about 20 years and grip training 4years.I try train meny grip feats and little bending too. couple competicion, IM grip classic vol2 (semifinals) finnish grip streangh league, and king kong. 66 inch tall and 190 lbs.I been Reding this forum long before to join in. good site! and what can i say more... Grip sport is great!! PS(my english writin isint good but hope you understand) ;)

Qu. My You tube channel is : lanius9

Edited by Tuomo A

Hello,

Name is Chris. I am 6', 235 lb. I am new to the grip world although I have a friend Jeff who has been telling me about it for at least 5 years. I have done some blob lifts and various other things at his house once or twice a year in the past but never got around to picking it up, I wanted too but life was happening. Well this last month Jeff asked if I wanted to try the Michigan contest with him so I did and now I am hooked.

I have not done anything as far as training but I have always swung hammers and worked with metal as I work in auto body. I have worked out at the gym a few times in the past and have ran things like Tough Mudder but that is about it. The most I lift is food to my face. That is changing now as I think this is a fun sport and I want to improve so I am now working on it. I have a few grippers and a few homemade pinch things and some hammers. This is just the beginning for me so there is not much to say as far as that goes.

The Michigan contest was a good time, got to meet alot of cool people who were cool and very supportive of the new guy who never did it before, I thank them all. Anyway it got me into it and I will be doing more in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, newbie here.

My name is Chris and I'm based in London. My sport of choice is rock climbing, something obviously reliant on finger and forearm strength and forearm anaerobic endurance. Even though climbers don't really need much in the way of crushing strength (the sport is largely about open handed strength) I nonetheless thought I'd be able to close a #1 without much trouble. Well, I was wrong... very wrong! It's a struggle to close the damn thing with both hands. Very humbling.

Anyway, my main sporting goal is to climb harder (for those who understand climbing grades, I currently have a maximum sport grade of 6b on rock, I'd like to get to at least 7a). Grip specific goals: close the #1 for reps without setting, and maybe close the #2 someday. In the meantime, I can nearly deadlift my bodyweight with a fat bar so I feel 1.5xBW with a fat bar is a reasonable goal, and I need to start training pinch again. That's it from me for now, for the time being I'll probably lurk but you might see post from time to time if I honestly feel I have something worthwhile to contribute.

Hey guys, so my name is Cosmin and I joined this forum mainly for armwrestling but I will definitly check the whole thing.

Smth about me:I'm 18 years old, from Romania, been practicing armwrestling for almost 1 year now, and i'm working out for like 2 years+.I started armwrestling because I love knowing and sharing every little trick about it and also the strenght part of it.

Hellou. My name is Tuomo Anttila. Im from Finland. Gym training about 20 years and grip training 4years.I try train meny grip feats and little bending too. couple competicion, IM grip classic vol2 (semifinals) finnish grip streangh league, and king kong. 66 inch tall and 190 lbs.I been Reding this forum long before to join in. good site! and what can i say more... Grip sport is great!! PS(my english writin isint good but hope you understand) ;)

Qu. My You tube channel is : lanius9

Hello,

Name is Chris. I am 6', 235 lb. I am new to the grip world although I have a friend Jeff who has been telling me about it for at least 5 years. I have done some blob lifts and various other things at his house once or twice a year in the past but never got around to picking it up, I wanted too but life was happening. Well this last month Jeff asked if I wanted to try the Michigan contest with him so I did and now I am hooked.

I have not done anything as far as training but I have always swung hammers and worked with metal as I work in auto body. I have worked out at the gym a few times in the past and have ran things like Tough Mudder but that is about it. The most I lift is food to my face. That is changing now as I think this is a fun sport and I want to improve so I am now working on it. I have a few grippers and a few homemade pinch things and some hammers. This is just the beginning for me so there is not much to say as far as that goes.

The Michigan contest was a good time, got to meet alot of cool people who were cool and very supportive of the new guy who never did it before, I thank them all. Anyway it got me into it and I will be doing more in the future.

Hi, newbie here.

My name is Chris and I'm based in London. My sport of choice is rock climbing, something obviously reliant on finger and forearm strength and forearm anaerobic endurance. Even though climbers don't really need much in the way of crushing strength (the sport is largely about open handed strength) I nonetheless thought I'd be able to close a #1 without much trouble. Well, I was wrong... very wrong! It's a struggle to close the damn thing with both hands. Very humbling.

Anyway, my main sporting goal is to climb harder (for those who understand climbing grades, I currently have a maximum sport grade of 6b on rock, I'd like to get to at least 7a). Grip specific goals: close the #1 for reps without setting, and maybe close the #2 someday. In the meantime, I can nearly deadlift my bodyweight with a fat bar so I feel 1.5xBW with a fat bar is a reasonable goal, and I need to start training pinch again. That's it from me for now, for the time being I'll probably lurk but you might see post from time to time if I honestly feel I have something worthwhile to contribute.

Welcome everyone!

Howdy everyone, my name is Chris. I'm 5'6" and 207 pounds. I created this account about a year ago never really used it until now. I live in Jacksonville, FL and got into grip training/sport almost two years ago when someone let me borrow their COC Trainer (which I couldn't even close). I'm 24 years old and have been into weightlifting in some form or fashion since my early teens. I've definitely become hooked on powerlifting, strongman, and grip training more recently.

I can now close the Coc#2 with both hands, pinch 2 25's, DO axle deadlift nearly 1.5xBW. I am working on closing my #2.5 and my WT Super Master (very close). My goals for the coming year are close my #3, my WT Grand Master, and MM1 replica and possibly certify the #3 and MM1. I also want to pinch 2 35's, 2 45's, lift my blob50, and try my hand at some bending.

Look forward to gaining tons of useful information and tips from the people here.

Howdy everyone, my name is Chris. I'm 5'6" and 207 pounds. I created this account about a year ago never really used it until now. I live in Jacksonville, FL and got into grip training/sport almost two years ago when someone let me borrow their COC Trainer (which I couldn't even close). I'm 24 years old and have been into weightlifting in some form or fashion since my early teens. I've definitely become hooked on powerlifting, strongman, and grip training more recently.

I can now close the Coc#2 with both hands, pinch 2 25's, DO axle deadlift nearly 1.5xBW. I am working on closing my #2.5 and my WT Super Master (very close). My goals for the coming year are close my #3, my WT Grand Master, and MM1 replica and possibly certify the #3 and MM1. I also want to pinch 2 35's, 2 45's, lift my blob50, and try my hand at some bending.

Look forward to gaining tons of useful information and tips from the people here.

Welcome Chris!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My name is Alexander. I'm from Ukraine. Grippers engaged since July 2011. Just do other simulators for grip strength. Since childhood, professionally engaged in football, soccer now - amateur, after a knee injury. I have a YouTube channel - will be glad to see everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7tK77vMZMRCsowhYL8wzqg

Hi everyone! My name is Alexander. I'm from Ukraine. Grippers engaged since July 2011. Just do other simulators for grip strength. Since childhood, professionally engaged in football, soccer now - amateur, after a knee injury. I have a YouTube channel - will be glad to see everyone.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Thank you very much

Hello Gripboard Members,

My name is Luke Raymond; I'm 29 y.o., 6'1", 210 lbs and have been a practicing physical therapist for just over 1 year. I was recently introduced to the grip sport from a former patient of mine which most of you may know, Jedd Johnson. I have been working grip for about 4-5 months, primarily the last 3 with Jedd. I have been a very active person all my life participating in baseball, football, basketball, golf, men's fastpitch softball, ultimate frisbee, and weight training. I did not get into weight training until after I tore my ACL in 2007 while playing flag football and have become very dedicated.

When I first started grip earlier this year I was only able to close a #2 gripper (with technique advice from Jedd) and just the other day I closed my first #3 (139 lbs RGC). I have participated in 3 grip contests over the past few months (The Holdfast Gauntlet, King Kong, and Gripmas) which I have set PR in basically all the events and I am excited to continue to train and set more. About 1 week ago I started trying bending and on my second day was able to bend the IM Red Nail with suede wraps in ~2.5 minutes.

2014 Grip Goals (current PR): 50-lb blob (lifted to mid-shin at Gripmas), IM Red Nail Certification (by end of January), COC #3.5, 200# 2-Hand Pinch (175#), 105 # 1-Hand Pinch (R-95# at Gripmas on 5th non-counting attempt, L 80#), 350 # DOH Axle (300 lb), 190 1-Arm Axle DL (R 170#, L 160#), 20-inch Sledge Choke (17# bilateral), and many more.

I look forward to meeting many more people in the grip sport as the positive attitude and optimistic mentality of many of the athletes I have experienced makes the sport much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Hello Gripboard Members,

My name is Luke Raymond; I'm 29 y.o., 6'1", 210 lbs and have been a practicing physical therapist for just over 1 year. I was recently introduced to the grip sport from a former patient of mine which most of you may know, Jedd Johnson. I have been working grip for about 4-5 months, primarily the last 3 with Jedd. I have been a very active person all my life participating in baseball, football, basketball, golf, men's fastpitch softball, ultimate frisbee, and weight training. I did not get into weight training until after I tore my ACL in 2007 while playing flag football and have become very dedicated.

When I first started grip earlier this year I was only able to close a #2 gripper (with technique advice from Jedd) and just the other day I closed my first #3 (139 lbs RGC). I have participated in 3 grip contests over the past few months (The Holdfast Gauntlet, King Kong, and Gripmas) which I have set PR in basically all the events and I am excited to continue to train and set more. About 1 week ago I started trying bending and on my second day was able to bend the IM Red Nail with suede wraps in ~2.5 minutes.

2014 Grip Goals (current PR): 50-lb blob (lifted to mid-shin at Gripmas), IM Red Nail Certification (by end of January), COC #3.5, 200# 2-Hand Pinch (175#), 105 # 1-Hand Pinch (R-95# at Gripmas on 5th non-counting attempt, L 80#), 350 # DOH Axle (300 lb), 190 1-Arm Axle DL (R 170#, L 160#), 20-inch Sledge Choke (17# bilateral), and many more.

I look forward to meeting many more people in the grip sport as the positive attitude and optimistic mentality of many of the athletes I have experienced makes the sport much more enjoyable.

Welcome to the grip board Lucas!

Hello Gripboard Members,

Welcome!

Hello all,

A little about me. I'm 37, 5'10" and weigh 248lbs. I love to armwrestle and I want to have the best hand and wrist power and strength that my body will allow. I'm a firefighter in the state of FL and I'm trying to get into better physical condition too. I armwrestle on a table once a week and and I train hand and wrist strength 2 times a week. I can close the #2 C.O.C. off and on. One week I can close it with no problems and the next week I'm not even close to closing it. I am looking forward to reading everyones training tips and everyones accomplishments. All of these things will motivate me.

I need any tips that will help me close all C.O.C. Grippers and any information that will help me in my armwrestling goals. Thank you in advance for all of your help and I hope to hear from everyone soon.

Happy New Year everyone!

Joey.

Hello all,

A little about me. I'm 37, 5'10" and weigh 248lbs. I love to armwrestle and I want to have the best hand and wrist power and strength that my body will allow. I'm a firefighter in the state of FL and I'm trying to get into better physical condition too. I armwrestle on a table once a week and and I train hand and wrist strength 2 times a week. I can close the #2 C.O.C. off and on. One week I can close it with no problems and the next week I'm not even close to closing it. I am looking forward to reading everyones training tips and everyones accomplishments. All of these things will motivate me.

I need any tips that will help me close all C.O.C. Grippers and any information that will help me in my armwrestling goals. Thank you in advance for all of your help and I hope to hear from everyone soon.

Happy New Year everyone!

Joey.

Welcome Joey to the GripBoard!

Hello everyone! I'm Dave and new to the grip world but so far it's been a lot of fun. I'm 6'7 and currently about 295. Iv been into bodybuilding/powerlifting for roughly 10 years and now it's led me to the grip world. I was actually clueless about grip until directed to this board and had feats explained by another member, Gary. That's just a little about myself and glad to be here!

• Like 1