NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hey everyone my names Sal I'm 19 and I just closed the #3 gripper. I'm looking to further my grip training so hopefully this site will do the trick

Welcome!

Hey guys, my name is Ryan Baker. 25 years old. I'm from the Cincinnati area. I played college football and have lifted since I was about 15. New to this grip strength thing. I am really looking to get into armwrestling. If anybody has any info on anybody here locally in the Cincy erea that trains for armwrestling, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, my name is Ryan Baker. 25 years old. I'm from the Cincinnati area. I played college football and have lifted since I was about 15. New to this grip strength thing. I am really looking to get into armwrestling. If anybody has any info on anybody here locally in the Cincy erea that trains for armwrestling, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome Ryan!

i am new to this site, but not to strength. I am older now(66), but still have the fire to compete. Spent some time, a while ago, powerlifting in the Elizabeth Ymca with Anthony Ditillo, Adam, Dezi Ban and Art Petridus. That was then now is now. Living in Jersey, I can't seem to find and organization or training club where arm wrestling is done. I would like to bag in this so as to have a motive to train and hook up with guys of the same mindset. Any body with some suggestions?

i am new to this site, but not to strength. I am older now(66), but still have the fire to compete. Spent some time, a while ago, powerlifting in the Elizabeth Ymca with Anthony Ditillo, Adam, Dezi Ban and Art Petridus. That was then now is now. Living in Jersey, I can't seem to find and organization or training club where arm wrestling is done. I would like to bag in this so as to have a motive to train and hook up with guys of the same mindset. Any body with some suggestions?

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

My name is my username. I've lurked here inconsistently on and off for a year or so. I'm not a big gripper fan, I can usually close the #2 with my right hand. My goals are to go heavy as possible on one and two hand pinch with all the various plates, get proficient as possible with anvils, and go heavy as possible with the FBBC 2" V-bar and also 2" and 3" axles. Kinda maybe possibly might get interested in bending, eventually.

Like probably lots of people here, I was always interested in grip, and have always been that guy with the strong hands [unless around the rare fellow grip fiend]. My meager accomplishments are closing the #2, 1h pinching seven 5lb plates, 1h pinching five dimes. I need to document that latter as that seems to be a recordable thing on the records page. I've 1h lifted a 128lb anvil but had my pinkie on the square part behind the cone so not sure if that counts. DO deadlift on a 2" axle 405, mixed grip 485. My hands are reasonably large; 8.75" long, 10" span.

This is the 7 X 5...my buddy only caught the lockout, not the lift. I'll redo soonish:

• Like 1

Hello.

My name is my username. I've lurked here inconsistently on and off for a year or so. I'm not a big gripper fan, I can usually close the #2 with my right hand. My goals are to go heavy as possible on one and two hand pinch with all the various plates, get proficient as possible with anvils, and go heavy as possible with the FBBC 2" V-bar and also 2" and 3" axles. Kinda maybe possibly might get interested in bending, eventually.

Like probably lots of people here, I was always interested in grip, and have always been that guy with the strong hands [unless around the rare fellow grip fiend]. My meager accomplishments are closing the #2, 1h pinching seven 5lb plates, 1h pinching five dimes. I need to document that latter as that seems to be a recordable thing on the records page. I've 1h lifted a 128lb anvil but had my pinkie on the square part behind the cone so not sure if that counts. DO deadlift on a 2" axle 405, mixed grip 485. My hands are reasonably large; 8.75" long, 10" span.

This is the 7 X 5...my buddy only caught the lockout, not the lift. I'll redo soonish:

Welcome!

Finally making my first post here. My name is Troy and I live in Minnesota. I joined a few weeks ago and have been grip training for only about two and a half months. I've lifted weights off and on since high school (on most of the time but off when I got married and had kids) but never really focused on grip strength. I'm nearly 43 and and have been back into lifting for about half a year and something sparked my interest in grippers. I bought the CoC trainer and #1 and was hooked right away.

I've picked up and made quite a bit of grip equipment since then (block weights, grippers, cannon balls and more) and my strength is starting to increase a bit. Currently I am about 1 mm from closing a Tetting Master gripper, I can dead lift a 35 lb. york blob and I've just started playing around with short steel bending.

I don't have any competition-focused goals for grip training. I simply want to get really strong hands, wrists and forearms. My long term goals are CoC #3 or better, 50 lb York blob and 2X35 plates with one hand pinch grip. I'm a mile away from all of these goals but just starting out so hopefully with a year or two of consistent training I'll hit one or more of them.

Hi, Name is Ceya! I just found this site recently.

Been into grip training off and on over the years.

Hope to contribute what I learned over the years and learn from you guys here.

Thanks!

S/F,

CEYA!

Since I have read the first page, I'll add some information.

I've into a lot stuff from martial arts, bikes, motorcycles, weapons etc.

Grip training started with some martial arts and wrestling and finally the military.

I used rubber balls most of my training from small hard and soft 1" balls.

They really work the fingers to 2-4" balls like out of machines you see at places like Coney Island .

I used my Szabo balls from Laci Szabo ,used them for 4 years 1995-1999. Just did a reorder after 15yrs of not having them.

Bands had played a big part also from rubber bands to rehab bands you see at physical therapy.

Plates pinch grip training increased when I got in the military and started getting back into wrestling and combat training.

Most people do not isolate the fingers ( The small rubber balls work wonders) or work fingers at all.

I plan to get more knowledge from here and meet people from the forums and train. Since there is a big surge with grip training now( before the internet you thought you was the only one).

Maybe one day compete or watch first. Over the last 4-5 years I have been checking the net for sites and people in the grip game.

Now, I have found you guys (even though you guys been on here for years), I hope to get only better. Home made stuff works but only to your limits.

Since, I am at Grip Board University and as a freshman here , I seek your guidance.

S/F,

CEYA!

Edited by Ceya!

Finally making my first post here. My name is Troy and I live in Minnesota. I joined a few weeks ago and have been grip training for only about two and a half months. I've lifted weights off and on since high school (on most of the time but off when I got married and had kids) but never really focused on grip strength. I'm nearly 43 and and have been back into lifting for about half a year and something sparked my interest in grippers. I bought the CoC trainer and #1 and was hooked right away.

I've picked up and made quite a bit of grip equipment since then (block weights, grippers, cannon balls and more) and my strength is starting to increase a bit. Currently I am about 1 mm from closing a Tetting Master gripper, I can dead lift a 35 lb. york blob and I've just started playing around with short steel bending.

I don't have any competition-focused goals for grip training. I simply want to get really strong hands, wrists and forearms. My long term goals are CoC #3 or better, 50 lb York blob and 2X35 plates with one hand pinch grip. I'm a mile away from all of these goals but just starting out so hopefully with a year or two of consistent training I'll hit one or more of them.

Since I have read the first page, I'll add some information.

I've into a lot stuff from martial arts, bikes, motorcycles, weapons etc.

Grip training started with some martial arts and wrestling and finally the military.

I used rubber balls most of my training from small hard and soft 1" balls.

They really work the fingers to 2-4" balls like out of machines you see at places like Coney Island .

I used my Szabo balls from Laci Szabo ,used them for 4 years 1995-1999. Just did a reorder after 15yrs of not having them.

Bands had played a big part also from rubber bands to rehab bands you see at physical therapy.

Plates pinch grip training increased when I got in the military and started getting back into wrestling and combat training.

Most people do not isolate the fingers ( The small rubber balls work wonders) or work fingers at all.

I plan to get more knowledge from here and meet people from the forums and train. Since there is a big surge with grip training now( before the internet you thought you was the only one).

Maybe one day compete or watch first. Over the last 4-5 years I have been checking the net for sites and people in the grip game.

Now, I have found you guys (even though you guys been on here for years), I hope to get only better. Home made stuff works but only to your limits.

Since, I am at Grip Board University and as a freshman here , I seek your guidance.

S/F,

CEYA!

Welcome!

I'm a new member but not new to bending. My name is EJ Livesey. In my day I bent some pretty decent things that I am proud of.

I had to take the last 9-10 months off due to doctors orders. Stretched, pulled and ripped some tendon/ligaments off my hands and in my wrist along with some tiny fractures. So I let time heal it. No more pain and I'm feeling strong. Yesterday 3-30-14 I bent my first edgin in singles in almost a year. I have a few goals in mind, they are probably out of my reach but I will break myself again to get there.

Any way thanks for having me on this site. Hope to see some big bends and learn way more about grip. Maybe close one of the MM grippers.

• Like 2

Yea, thanks Tommy I bent a few of those, in my day. The gold is on my "to do" list. But not at the top. I have all the steel in the progression cut and ground too.

I'm a new member but not new to bending. My name is EJ Livesey. In my day I bent some pretty decent things that I am proud of.

I had to take the last 9-10 months off due to doctors orders. Stretched, pulled and ripped some tendon/ligaments off my hands and in my wrist along with some tiny fractures. So I let time heal it. No more pain and I'm feeling strong. Yesterday 3-30-14 I bent my first edgin in singles in almost a year. I have a few goals in mind, they are probably out of my reach but I will break myself again to get there.

Any way thanks for having me on this site. Hope to see some big bends and learn way more about grip. Maybe close one of the MM grippers.

"I'm a new member but not new to bending."

Understatement of the year. Good to see you EJ. :rock

I'm a new member but not new to bending. My name is EJ Livesey. In my day I bent some pretty decent things that I am proud of.I had to take the last 9-10 months off due to doctors orders. Stretched, pulled and ripped some tendon/ligaments off my hands and in my wrist along with some tiny fractures. So I let time heal it. No more pain and I'm feeling strong. Yesterday 3-30-14 I bent my first edgin in singles in almost a year. I have a few goals in mind, they are probably out of my reach but I will break myself again to get there.Any way thanks for having me on this site. Hope to see some big bends and learn way more about grip. Maybe close one of the MM grippers.

Whats up EJ! Good to see you joined the site!

Nate and Josh, how you guys been? Now that I'm feeling better I figured I shouldn't be such a shut-out anymore.

'Bout time you brought your mug around here :rock

Glad to hear you're all healed up. Still love that Edgin is your base level :blink

Thanks shark-face, I figured I've been a recluse long enough. Time to see what I've been missing. The edgin thing is exactly what Richard Bean said to me.

Good. It will give me the push and motivation I need.

• Like 1

Just been hittin pinch, thickbar, and grippers alot.

Your grip is looking really strong Josh. Great work.

Your grip is looking really strong Josh. Great work.

Thanks EJ i will have to get the Imp's out soon..

Hey Ivan, how the hell are ya? It's been a while. Reverse any big stuff lately?