NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi all,

My name is Brad and I'm from West Bend, WI. I've been weight training for the last 6 years or so. I got interested in grip about a year ago. I've primarily worked with grippers, block weights, and thick grips. Current focus is working towards closing CoC 2.5 and lifting the blob. I've also been playing around with a Sorinex Bosco bell.

Congrats!

Hi all new to grip training apart from inverted holds on dip bars for time and kb 24kg bottoms up presses. Probably owe the inspiration to get started seriously to youtube channels I follow like jedd rico big js extreme and rob russell from the uk. Not much money to spare so limited to what I can use. Bought my first 2 grippers around a month ago. I got a 100lbs and a 200lbs both were strength shops own brand from here in scotland. boy was I wrong about thinking I could close a 200lber. After a week or two and some very sore blistering which is now callouses im proud of I closed the 200. 2 days ago I bought a hg 150 to help me get better at repping my strength shop 200lber. I assumed all ratings on all grippers were correct. I now know different. As I said im a noob. The hg 150 felt the same as my 100lb strength shop gripper, maybe only slightly harder. I need advice on my next gripper. Would love a coc but can only afford 1. If it were heavygrips I could afford 2 for same price as a coc. Torn between a coc #1 or a hg200 and hg250. Worried I wont be able to close a #1 as I hear they are harder than hgs. Any advice would be great. I also started using fatty extremes for 10kg db curls.

my names charlie ive been grip training seriously for a couple months ive closed the heavy hand 300 gripper ive used the robert baraban adjustable ive closed on the 5-5 setting with the heavy spring. my goal is make my hands as strong as i can lol

Hi all new to grip training apart from inverted holds on dip bars for time and kb 24kg bottoms up presses. Probably owe the inspiration to get started seriously to youtube channels I follow like jedd rico big js extreme and rob russell from the uk. Not much money to spare so limited to what I can use. Bought my first 2 grippers around a month ago. I got a 100lbs and a 200lbs both were strength shops own brand from here in scotland. boy was I wrong about thinking I could close a 200lber. After a week or two and some very sore blistering which is now callouses im proud of I closed the 200. 2 days ago I bought a hg 150 to help me get better at repping my strength shop 200lber. I assumed all ratings on all grippers were correct. I now know different. As I said im a noob. The hg 150 felt the same as my 100lb strength shop gripper, maybe only slightly harder. I need advice on my next gripper. Would love a coc but can only afford 1. If it were heavygrips I could afford 2 for same price as a coc. Torn between a coc #1 or a hg200 and hg250. Worried I wont be able to close a #1 as I hear they are harder than hgs. Any advice would be great. I also started using fatty extremes for 10kg db curls.

Hey I recommend checking David Hornes routines for beginner grip strength. Many guys, myself included, got caught up early in chasing big grippers and fell behind in general grip strength. Strive to be well rounded and your tendons will thank you and progress will come easier. Welcome to the board!

my names charlie ive been grip training seriously for a couple months ive closed the heavy hand 300 gripper ive used the robert baraban adjustable ive closed on the 5-5 setting with the heavy spring. my goal is make my hands as strong as i can lol

Hg300 is a great start, welcome

HEY THERE, QUICK INTRODUCTION MY NAME IS TIM FILUS 32 YEARS OLD 6FT 270LBS, I HAVE BEEN COMPETING IN POWERLIFTING FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS AND JUST ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO I MADE THE TRANSITION INTO STRONGMAN WHICH I LOVE. IN THIS TIME I FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE A GOOD GRIP. WHICH I FOUND TO BE A LOT OF FUN TO TRAIN. I HAVE TRAINED WITH THE ROLLING THUNDER, DOH AXLE DEADLIFTS, HUB LIFTS, FARMERS WALK TO BE A FEW.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET IN TO COMPETING AND FOCUSING MORE ON GRIP TRAINING. IM LOOKING FOR ANY ADVICE AND/OR GUIDANCE YOU GUYS ARE WILLING TO GIVE ME.

THANKS ALOT

HEY THERE, QUICK INTRODUCTION MY NAME IS TIM FILUS 32 YEARS OLD 6FT 270LBS, I HAVE BEEN COMPETING IN POWERLIFTING FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS AND JUST ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO I MADE THE TRANSITION INTO STRONGMAN WHICH I LOVE. IN THIS TIME I FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE A GOOD GRIP. WHICH I FOUND TO BE A LOT OF FUN TO TRAIN. I HAVE TRAINED WITH THE ROLLING THUNDER, DOH AXLE DEADLIFTS, HUB LIFTS, FARMERS WALK TO BE A FEW.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET IN TO COMPETING AND FOCUSING MORE ON GRIP TRAINING. IM LOOKING FOR ANY ADVICE AND/OR GUIDANCE YOU GUYS ARE WILLING TO GIVE ME.

THANKS ALOT

THANKS ALOT

Welcome Tim!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks, my name is Jared, I'm 31 and I just started working out and lifting a few months ago.

I have fallin in love with grip training and curretly I only have a CoC #1 which I can easly rep on. However I just ordered the GHP #3 #4 #5 #6.

I look forward to being part of the community here and learning.

Thanks

Howdy folks, my name is Jared, I'm 31 and I just started working out and lifting a few months ago.

I have fallin in love with grip training and curretly I only have a CoC #1 which I can easly rep on. However I just ordered the GHP #3 #4 #5 #6.

Thanks

Welcome Jared!

• Like 1

Welcome Jared. Lots of great info and good guys on here. You'll learn a lot.

• Like 1

Thanks

Welcome Jared!

Welcome Jared. Lots of great info and good guys on here. You'll learn a lot.

Thanks guys. I've been search the forum all day.

Good man.. Be curious, resourceful, and skeptical... There's a great amount of info here, all good but some better than others. Read up

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

My name is Ryan i am 29. I have been lurking on this forum for a while and wanted to thank all of the grip greats for the valuable information that is available on here. Figured it's about time I post a few videos and ask for some help/critiques on my form. I have been playing around with bending and using the COC grippers for a few years off and on but want to get serious.

Bending: short stock, horseshoes, and braced. Best bends have been some grade 8's I recieved from Tom Scibelli when I judged his red nail bend last year, SCF POLO #1, and some 1/2" by 30" bar stock from steelworks. Nothing compared to the guys on here but would like to turn these into some impressive bends.

Grippers: I have the COC grippers up to the number 3 but have only closed the #2.5 on a few lucky days.

Mainly train in my basement but currently all I have is 300 pounds and an olympic bar, a york 60# dumbell I cut into a small blob, some kegs filled with scrap metal (leftovers from bending) sand and water, Rolling Thunder, and an atlas stone Tom gave me that I mainly look at but occasionally lap and attemp to lift.

My current cert goals are to close the #3 and bend the red nail.

I will post as soon as I video tape some bends.

Thank you all in advance for the help and motivation.

• Like 1

Howdy I'm Carl, boulder/rock climber from the Pacific NW. I also lift to keep the body balanced. I've own the CoC 1-3 for over a year now. But 3 months ago decided I actually wanted to close the #3 and I started actually training consistently. Got my first MM close a week ago and was ecstatic. I also play around with nail bending occasionally, and the arm wrestling section here has got me interested too!

Hey Guys,

My name is Ryan i am 29. I have been lurking on this forum for a while and wanted to thank all of the grip greats for the valuable information that is available on here. Figured it's about time I post a few videos and ask for some help/critiques on my form. I have been playing around with bending and using the COC grippers for a few years off and on but want to get serious.

Bending: short stock, horseshoes, and braced. Best bends have been some grade 8's I recieved from Tom Scibelli when I judged his red nail bend last year, SCF POLO #1, and some 1/2" by 30" bar stock from steelworks. Nothing compared to the guys on here but would like to turn these into some impressive bends.

Grippers: I have the COC grippers up to the number 3 but have only closed the #2.5 on a few lucky days.

Mainly train in my basement but currently all I have is 300 pounds and an olympic bar, a york 60# dumbell I cut into a small blob, some kegs filled with scrap metal (leftovers from bending) sand and water, Rolling Thunder, and an atlas stone Tom gave me that I mainly look at but occasionally lap and attemp to lift.

Another bender?! Sweet. Welcome to the addiction. Take a minute and stop by the bending section. In the next couple months big things will be happening there. I have a few things in the works.

Howdy I'm Carl, boulder/rock climber from the Pacific NW. I also lift to keep the body balanced. I've own the CoC 1-3 for over a year now. But 3 months ago decided I actually wanted to close the #3 and I started actually training consistently. Got my first MM close a week ago and was ecstatic. I also play around with nail bending occasionally, and the arm wrestling section here has got me interested too!

And yet another bender. It's like hitting the lottery. Welcome. Lots of good guys and info here. Like I said earlier, lots of things will be happening in the bending section in a couple months. We look forward to seeing some videos both grip and bending.

• 4 weeks later...

It's about time I introduce myself here. I've been a lurker for years, but only recently have I become a lot more involved with the grip community.

Ever since I read "Dinosaur Training" by Brooks Kubik, I've had a serious interest in grip strength. I've trained with a variety of tools (including but not limited to plate curls, plate pinching, towel pullups, uncut & cut blob lifts, wrist rolls with a 3” pipe, grippers, softball lifts, phonebook ripping, Apollon's Axle deadlifts, etc) but I really have just two big grip goals... to close and certify with the CoC #3 and to be able to perform multiple pinch/rafter pullups.

I own the Grip Strength group on Facebook and welcome anyone with an interest in grip sport, grip-related strongman feats, climbing and armwrestling to check us out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/grip.strength.

Lastly, I've got to give a shout-out to Jedd Johnson for sparking this fire in me and for providing quality instruction with how to maximize my training while minimizing injury. I've made steady progress and am closer to my goals than ever before. Thank you, Jedd!

- Phil Clark

post-23339-0-70981000-1405663418_thumb.j

Edited by philclark78

Hey Gang,

My name is Allen, I'm 37 and have had a grip fetish since I was a kid. Stumbled on this site while searching for ways to cure a nasty case of tennis elbow. Lots of great information here; can't wait to see improvements in my training.

Hey Guys,

It's about time I introduce myself here. I've been a lurker for years, but only recently have I become a lot more involved with the grip community.

Ever since I read "Dinosaur Training" by Brooks Kubik, I've had a serious interest in grip strength. I've trained with a variety of tools (including but not limited to plate curls, plate pinching, towel pullups, uncut & cut blob lifts, wrist rolls with a 3” pipe, grippers, softball lifts, phonebook ripping, Apollon's Axle deadlifts, etc) but I really have just two big grip goals... to close and certify with the CoC #3 and to be able to perform multiple pinch/rafter pullups.

I own the Grip Strength group on Facebook and welcome anyone with an interest in grip sport, grip-related strongman feats, climbing and armwrestling to check us out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/grip.strength.

Lastly, I've got to give a shout-out to Jedd Johnson for sparking this fire in me and for providing quality instruction with how to maximize my training while minimizing injury. I've made steady progress and am closer to my goals than ever before. Thank you, Jedd!

- Phil Clark

attachicon.gifGS 600.jpg

Hey Gang,

My name is Allen, I'm 37 and have had a grip fetish since I was a kid. Stumbled on this site while searching for ways to cure a nasty case of tennis elbow. Lots of great information here; can't wait to see improvements in my training.

Welcome to our new members!

Good to see a good cadre of new guys. Wish you all success in training and hope to see you all posting about your training. -Jon

Hey guys, new member here. My name's Keith, I usually compete as a 231 Strongman but I've always enjoyed the grip events (farmers, car DL, axles, etc). I've only done one grip contest, the USAWA Grip Championships this last Feburary.

Here's a couple vids of mine:

Hub PR today!

Older Doh axle PR:

Axle C&P for fun:

I'm thinking about doing the King Kong of Grip contest coming up....looking forward to learning here!

• Like 3

excellent hub... those axle lifts are solid too! looks like you got a great foundation for this stuff.. and welcome

Hey guys, new member here. My name's Keith, I usually compete as a 231 Strongman but I've always enjoyed the grip events (farmers, car DL, axles, etc). I've only done one grip contest, the USAWA Grip Championships this last Feburary.

Hub PR today!

Older Doh axle PR:

Axle C&P for fun:

I'm thinking about doing the King Kong of Grip contest coming up....looking forward to learning here!

Welcome!

Hub PR today!

Older Doh axle PR:

Axle C&P for fun:

Welcome Keith... nice lifts!

Hey Guys,

Good to see you here Ryan! I have no doubt you'll be smashing the red and #3, look forward to seeing some vids from you!