NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Well, hmm not sure how I posted so many posts of the same text. Here's my actual post!

Hello! My name is Wade. I am 25 years old, 6'2" 185 lbs. My passion withhand health and grip training came as a kick in the face. I suffered from severe tendinitis, bursitis, and carpal tunnel syndrome in both of my hands since I was 19 years old. This was due to my severe stupidity and a raging and I do mean raging, addiction to video games. At that time I weighed a sickly 140 lbs. Six months ago I decided to actually do something about my situation. I decided to start a lifelong physical therapy program by myself that will never end. I went and purchased a plastic adjustable gripper from the grocery store that went from 20 lbs to 90 lbs. I could not close it on the easiest setting one time.

Fast forward to today. After six months of grueling, brutal training ranging from every day to twice a week I am able to close the #2 CoC with both hands. Today, I train grip twice a week, monday and friday. I purchased David Horne's V2 vulcan july of this year and have trained with it since, absolutely amazing item. I have made gains I would not have otherwise without this mean gripper. I plan on posting my training program on this website under the training section.

This is far more than an addiction for me. It is a passion that has grown out of inability and loss of independence years ago. I have in fact become very passionate about physical therapy and rehabilitation during this process and I am currently in school striving to attain my Doctor of Physical Therapy because I have discovered that this is what I love. I am very excited to discuss grip goals and training with other passionate people and report my progress on this site!

• Like 1

Welcome everyone! Above and beyond

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Well, hmm not sure how I posted so many posts of the same text. Here's my actual post!

Hello! My name is Wade. I am 25 years old, 6'2" 185 lbs. My passion withhand health and grip training came as a kick in the face. I suffered from severe tendinitis, bursitis, and carpal tunnel syndrome in both of my hands since I was 19 years old. This was due to my severe stupidity and a raging and I do mean raging, addiction to video games. At that time I weighed a sickly 140 lbs. Six months ago I decided to actually do something about my situation. I decided to start a lifelong physical therapy program by myself that will never end. I went and purchased a plastic adjustable gripper from the grocery store that went from 20 lbs to 90 lbs. I could not close it on the easiest setting one time.

Fast forward to today. After six months of grueling, brutal training ranging from every day to twice a week I am able to close the #2 CoC with both hands. Today, I train grip twice a week, monday and friday. I purchased David Horne's V2 vulcan july of this year and have trained with it since, absolutely amazing item. I have made gains I would not have otherwise without this mean gripper. I plan on posting my training program on this website under the training section.

This is far more than an addiction for me. It is a passion that has grown out of inability and loss of independence years ago. I have in fact become very passionate about physical therapy and rehabilitation during this process and I am currently in school striving to attain my Doctor of Physical Therapy because I have discovered that this is what I love. I am very excited to discuss grip goals and training with other passionate people and report my progress on this site!

Welcome bro.

But keep in mind, dont trade one addiction for another. Be very smart about grip training, the potential to get very hurt is real. If you are going to push yourself make sure your diet and sleeping is in order, or you will feel severe CNS shock, and that usually leads to getting the flu or a nasty cold. There are a lot of guys full of knowledge on here. Dont be afraid to ask questions and send PMs. Read as much as you can. Go through the logs and training routines. Then make a routine for yourself. Do your homework, and it sounds like you are heading in that direction now. Good luck and train safe.

-EJ

Edited by EJ Livesey

Welcome!

Hello, all. Glad to be aboard.

Well, let's see...I have been weightlifting for a few years already; didn't take me long to figure out that my strength lay in pulling lifts. My main reason for training is all-round strength building, but I have recently begun to focus more on grip development as well.

I'll be starting up a training journal soon and hope to learn and contribute as long as I'm here!

Hello, all. Glad to be aboard.

Well, let's see...I have been weightlifting for a few years already; didn't take me long to figure out that my strength lay in pulling lifts. My main reason for training is all-round strength building, but I have recently begun to focus more on grip development as well.

I'll be starting up a training journal soon and hope to learn and contribute as long as I'm here!

Welcome!

Dan. 28 years old. Full time climber. Part time hand balancer. Future one arm chinning master...Hope to certify on the coc #3 and bend the red nail.

Edited by Solid_Snorlax

Dan. 28 years old. Full time climber. Part time hand balancer. Future one arm chinning master...Hope to certify on the coc #3 and bend the red nail.

Welcome Dan!

Hi Everybody,

I have recently got back into grip training after a long break. over 10 years ago me and a friend were looking to improve grip for weightlifting purposes and stumbled upon the captains of crush grippers, we were blindly optomistic and ordered the full set (1,2,3&4) and then after a bit of embarassment not being able to close any of them I put an order in for the Trainer! back then grip training seemed nowhere near as popular as it is now, nobody had ever heard of it and I used to have to import grippers from the US and pay import tax on them as nobody in the UK sold them.

so we trained for 6 months + quite regularly, quicky got better and eventually got quite proficient on the #2, then sort of gave up. a few years later the .5's were available and I got the 2.5 and almost closed that from a deep set, but then gave up.

then about 5 yeas ago I sold all of the grippers except the 1.5 and 2 (sold 5 grippers for £45 :unsure wish i kept them now)

and then 2 months ago the same friend reminded me of a bet we made ages ago (first person to close the #3 gets £100) and said he was going to go for it and take £100 off me. Naturally I started taining again, which brings me to this forum.

I have only been at it 2 months now and closed the 2.5 last week, I seem to feel alot stronger than I remember all those years ago, and I think partly this is down to the amount of information I have read on this forum and the web in general about grippers. for example I never knew there was a dog leg untill recently, and not knowing how to set a gripper can really have a big negative effect.

although alot of it still baffles me, i'll get there eventually. also I'm 29, 90Kg, and my job is an electrician, I work with my hands a lot.

I've not felt a #3 in years, but I remember it feeling like a brick. how much harder is it for an average person to get from the 2.5 to the 3??

so i can do 8 reps on the #2, probably do a solid 20 reps inside half an hour. am I going to have to get upto that level on the 2.5 in order to close the 3?

how much weight would someone be able to lift off the floor using a rolling thunder in order to close a #3?

Hi Everybody,

I have recently got back into grip training after a long break. over 10 years ago me and a friend were looking to improve grip for weightlifting purposes and stumbled upon the captains of crush grippers, we were blindly optomistic and ordered the full set (1,2,3&4) and then after a bit of embarassment not being able to close any of them I put an order in for the Trainer! back then grip training seemed nowhere near as popular as it is now, nobody had ever heard of it and I used to have to import grippers from the US and pay import tax on them as nobody in the UK sold them.

so we trained for 6 months + quite regularly, quicky got better and eventually got quite proficient on the #2, then sort of gave up. a few years later the .5's were available and I got the 2.5 and almost closed that from a deep set, but then gave up.

then about 5 yeas ago I sold all of the grippers except the 1.5 and 2 (sold 5 grippers for £45 :unsure wish i kept them now)

and then 2 months ago the same friend reminded me of a bet we made ages ago (first person to close the #3 gets £100) and said he was going to go for it and take £100 off me. Naturally I started taining again, which brings me to this forum.

I have only been at it 2 months now and closed the 2.5 last week, I seem to feel alot stronger than I remember all those years ago, and I think partly this is down to the amount of information I have read on this forum and the web in general about grippers. for example I never knew there was a dog leg untill recently, and not knowing how to set a gripper can really have a big negative effect.

although alot of it still baffles me, i'll get there eventually. also I'm 29, 90Kg, and my job is an electrician, I work with my hands a lot.

I've not felt a #3 in years, but I remember it feeling like a brick. how much harder is it for an average person to get from the 2.5 to the 3??

so i can do 8 reps on the #2, probably do a solid 20 reps inside half an hour. am I going to have to get upto that level on the 2.5 in order to close the 3?

how much weight would someone be able to lift off the floor using a rolling thunder in order to close a #3?

Welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

I'm Jared, a 24 year old rock climber, 6'1" 165#. I learned about Grip Training first from Reddit in r/ClimbHarder. A post was made about a new upcoming r/GripTraining sub that I decided to check out. Next came the IM CoC grippers, started with the #1 and crushed it after about a week. Now I'm working on the #2.

Once I saw bending was a thing, I had to get into that, too. Got some materials and much needed information from a new friend OldRustyStuff and gave the IM green nail a try. No problem! Now I've got a Yellow and Blue nail under my belt, as well as a 60d. Once my new stock comes in, I'll be working my way up the O-1 Drill Rod towards the Red Nail!

I am on the forums to gain as much information as possible. Looking forward to meeting some people and learning a lot.

Hello guys,

Names Mark.

Im 26yo 6'2", 270#

I lifted in high school from '03-'06. I don't lift anymore because of injuries.

Just recently got into grip training from watching feats of grip strength videos on YouTube. So about 3 months ago I purchased the GD Iron .90 ext adjustable hand gripper. I immediately fell in love with grippers and grip training after that. Probably will continue training for the rest of my life.

I'd like to share my progress so far

9/9/14 received GD Iron .90, closed 64kg setting same day.

10/17/14 received all 6 Heavy Grip grippers, closed HG 300 same day.

10/31/14 received all CoC grippers from the Sport to the #4, closed #3 with CCS same day

11/12/14 received GHP 7 & 10, closed 7 same day.

I also own the GHP 8 & 9 and just recently ordered the Vatiz gripper.

As of today I'm able to close the CoC #3, GHP 7, HG 350 and the GD Iron .90 on the 90kg setting.

Really exited to be part of such an awesome group and hope to gain some serious grip knowledge.

• Like 1

hey yall!

Friend gave me his grippers last year and ive been hooked ever since!

Nothing to brag about in terms of my grip strength, went from closing a #1 to closing a 2.5 CCS in the 12 or so months I first got them.

That gap between 2.5 and 3 is something else tho! lol

Excited to read all the diff ways people train and incorporate it into my routine!

Hello Everyone!

I'm Jared, a 24 year old rock climber, 6'1" 165#. I learned about Grip Training first from Reddit in r/ClimbHarder. A post was made about a new upcoming r/GripTraining sub that I decided to check out. Next came the IM CoC grippers, started with the #1 and crushed it after about a week. Now I'm working on the #2.

Once I saw bending was a thing, I had to get into that, too. Got some materials and much needed information from a new friend OldRustyStuff and gave the IM green nail a try. No problem! Now I've got a Yellow and Blue nail under my belt, as well as a 60d. Once my new stock comes in, I'll be working my way up the O-1 Drill Rod towards the Red Nail!

I am on the forums to gain as much information as possible. Looking forward to meeting some people and learning a lot.

Hello guys,

Names Mark.

Im 26yo 6'2", 270#

I lifted in high school from '03-'06. I don't lift anymore because of injuries.

Just recently got into grip training from watching feats of grip strength videos on YouTube. So about 3 months ago I purchased the GD Iron .90 ext adjustable hand gripper. I immediately fell in love with grippers and grip training after that. Probably will continue training for the rest of my life.

I'd like to share my progress so far

9/9/14 received GD Iron .90, closed 64kg setting same day.

10/17/14 received all 6 Heavy Grip grippers, closed HG 300 same day.

10/31/14 received all CoC grippers from the Sport to the #4, closed #3 with CCS same day

11/12/14 received GHP 7 & 10, closed 7 same day.

I also own the GHP 8 & 9 and just recently ordered the Vatiz gripper.

As of today I'm able to close the CoC #3, GHP 7, HG 350 and the GD Iron .90 on the 90kg setting.

Really exited to be part of such an awesome group and hope to gain some serious grip knowledge.

hey yall!

Friend gave me his grippers last year and ive been hooked ever since!

Nothing to brag about in terms of my grip strength, went from closing a #1 to closing a 2.5 CCS in the 12 or so months I first got them.

That gap between 2.5 and 3 is something else tho! lol

Excited to read all the diff ways people train and incorporate it into my routine!

Welcome guys!

Hello Everyone!

Glad to see you over here buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, my name's Dan, I'm 19 years old, my weight varies between 280-300lbs and my height is 6'6. Some of my goals are to be certified Captain of Crush on the Number 3, and 3.5, to snatch the 63kg Inch replica, and to deadlift the Thomas Inch ! My interests include grip training, judo, arm wrestling and emulating old time strongman feats of strength. My hero's are Hermann Goerner, Arthur Saxon, Louis Uni, Louis Cyr and my father Chris James. Looking forward to joining in the discussions and learning from other Gripboard members!

Hey guys, my name's Dan, I'm 19 years old, my weight varies between 280-300lbs and my height is 6'6. Some of my goals are to be certified Captain of Crush on the Number 3, and 3.5, to snatch the 63kg Inch replica, and to deadlift the Thomas Inch ! My interests include grip training, judo, arm wrestling and emulating old time strongman feats of strength. My hero's are Hermann Goerner, Arthur Saxon, Louis Uni, Louis Cyr and my father Chris James. Looking forward to joining in the discussions and learning from other Gripboard members!

Welcome Dan!

Welcome Dan. I live in the US. I think your father brought you to Steve Gardener's hosting of the 2007 British Grip Championships when you around 12. Unfortunately, you had to leave early in less-than-ideal circumstances. I was there!

Your unique background may give you the opportunity for more potential than just about anyone. Welcome!

my name is Caleb I have been training off and on for a few years just started serious training this month using Cadence based training by Jedd Johnson. I'm 38 6'3" tall 265 lbs. goals are to close the number 3 COC on demand both hands and then look into MM certification.

my name is Caleb I have been training off and on for a few years just started serious training this month using Cadence based training by Jedd Johnson. I'm 38 6'3" tall 265 lbs. goals are to close the number 3 COC on demand both hands and then look into MM certification.

Welcome Caleb!

Hello everyone. I'd like to introduce myself. Name is Chuck, 31 yr old aircraft mechanic in Cincinnati. Im new to grip training of only 7 months but I've been pretty into it. Started off with a CoC Sport and now can almost close a choked #3. I'm a member on the IM forum so some of you might recognize me under the same user name. I have also commented back and forth with some of you on YouTube like Jedd, Chez, Juha, and Vano with my YouTube account chuckz28 and I follow a bunch more from here as well.

I have been lurking here for a while and decided to get more involved with the community in efforts to help out with my goals as well as help others with theirs. I'm mainly a gripper guy looking to someday become a certified captain and perhaps the GHP challenge and MM ladder. I have also been involving other aspects into grip training as well as full body excercizes to move forward as a whole. I'd also like to thank Bill Piche for help with my little registration snafu.

Lotsa good grip guys in OH Chuck. I just moved outta Dayton but I got to train and compete with some of the worlds best in the local area. I miss it already, good luck to ya