NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

My name is Gary Kessler 49 years young 176 - 190lbs and I complete in Armwrestling and Curl Competitions, I have 4 or 5 state Strict curl records and many Armwrestling state titles (no national or world) I am currently training for a world RAW strict curl record; first record in my age group and then in the open. I am very interested in the GRIP feats. Anywhere to train in Virginia? thanks...

My name is Gary Kessler 49 years young 176 - 190lbs and I complete in Armwrestling and Curl Competitions, I have 4 or 5 state Strict curl records and many Armwrestling state titles (no national or world) I am currently training for a world RAW strict curl record; first record in my age group and then in the open. I am very interested in the GRIP feats. Anywhere to train in Virginia? thanks...

Where in Virginia are you? I'm in Maryland-- DC area

My name's Tom. I'm 23, 6'0", 190ish. I am less than a 1/4" from closing the COC 2.5, want to close the #3 by years end, and hub lift a York 45. Going to be following RRBT once I get the email.

My name is Gary Kessler 49 years young 176 - 190lbs and I complete in Armwrestling and Curl Competitions, I have 4 or 5 state Strict curl records and many Armwrestling state titles (no national or world) I am currently training for a world RAW strict curl record; first record in my age group and then in the open. I am very interested in the GRIP f

ats. Anywhere to train in Virginia? thanks...

Welcome guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. My name is James. I'm 27 and 80kg (176lbs). I've been working out and training for almost a year but only recently began grip training. My bro has an impressive amount of grippers and training equipment which I've started using. Hoping to get the #2 COC by Christmas. We'll see :-) Loving the forum.

Thanks

The journey of 1000 miles...

Hey guys. My name is James. I'm 27 and 80kg (176lbs). I've been working out and training for almost a year but only recently began grip training. My bro has an impressive amount of grippers and training equipment which I've started using. Hoping to get the #2 COC by Christmas. We'll see :-) Loving the forum.

Thanks

If you want to see an impressive amount of grippers then check out Mighty Joe's wall of grippers... mine's fairly standard in comparison to a lot of people here ;)

I'm just someone with too much time on his hands and more money than sense :P

Welcome brother - get gripping! :)

Thanks

Welcome James!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Dan. been training grip for over 2 years now.

Currently can quarter a deck of cards and close the coc no 2 seven times credit card reset. GOt decent fingerstrength and can do a handstand pushup on the index finger and thumb of each finger.

height 5'11 weight 84 kg. about 185 lbs i believe. from London. I've boxed and Wrestled (greco) currently just going mad on grip work as I have torn my ACL wrestling and am out of training.

cheers

Hi my names josh, from the uk and have been training on and off for a few years but only recently begun serious grip training.

Im 17, 5'9 and I am about 68/70kg.

Can close a COC#2, COC#2.5, HG300, very close to closing HG350 which is rated around 70kg

Deadlifted one handed:130kg

My long term aims will be to close the COC#3 and short term aims will be to close the HG350 by Christmas time.

just like to say, like many others I am completely obsessed with my grip..

Hi I'm Dan. been training grip for over 2 years now.

Currently can quarter a deck of cards and close the coc no 2 seven times credit card reset. GOt decent fingerstrength and can do a handstand pushup on the index finger and thumb of each finger.

height 5'11 weight 84 kg. about 185 lbs i believe. from London. I've boxed and Wrestled (greco) currently just going mad on grip work as I have torn my ACL wrestling and am out of training.

cheers

Hi my names josh, from the uk and have been training on and off for a few years but only recently begun serious grip training.

Im 17, 5'9 and I am about 68/70kg.

Can close a COC#2, COC#2.5, HG300, very close to closing HG350 which is rated around 70kg

Deadlifted one handed:130kg

My long term aims will be to close the COC#3 and short term aims will be to close the HG350 by Christmas time.

just like to say, like many others I am completely obsessed with my grip..

Welcome Dan and Josh!

Hello all!!My name is Kostas(Gastone is the translation i think in English) and i am from far away,from Greece!!I am 23 years old,5.8 feet (or 179cm) and and my weight is 148 lbs!!For my heigth and my weight i dont look that skinny!I look like normal but before 4 months i was 171lbs!!For my heigth everybody told me that this should be my actual weigth!!But from a young age i was a kid with a small belly but very athletic with great technique and very good in sports generally!I have played soccer(the european edition),basketball,volleyball and a lot of racket the summers in the sand (on my holidays)!!I was always very good on all of these sports i mentioned without being on a team!!I just had talent with the ball on my feet,in my hands on a racket and if i had choose something and if i had the support i i had the potential to be very good along with hard work first and foremost!!

Anyway,i mentioned the small belly to show you that the yesteryear i lost the same amount almost of weight with the help of a friend (personal trainer with background on a sport) who coached me and he gave great emphasis on the legs because he believed(and also made me believe it too) that if you want good foundation you must have a strong basis with the ground!The strength lies in your feet!So, for 2-3 months he trained me because i wanted to get leaner!I didn't like that belly!If you see me you would think that i am strong(i am athleti with great emphasis on sports but nothing when it omes either endurance or strength with weigthtraining)(also,i think i am endomorph or at least i look like one thats the reason maybe a lot get confused when they see me and then if a make a lift-not something really noticeable )and he believed that also.But i wasnt so strong and with no endurance!Anyway he pushed me a lot and i lost that fat but because of lack of motivation and confusion with what to do next and how to approach training i stopped and i had the weigth back.This summer i lost it in a healthier way with the right nutrition(and good cardio-and a good program)and not so brutal as the previous year.I evolved last summer but he pushed me very much and then i was too tired to continue and maybe i was burnt out!Now,i am leaner (5.8 ft-148lbs) but in a healthier way!

For the past 4 months i got rid most of the fat and i wanted to start again but now with the appropriate determination because i read a lot of things and i know what i want to do!I would like now to put some (real muscle) but without strength(which i dont have) you dont have good foundation.So,after a lot of study(mass before strength or strength before mass)i decided to give a shot to SL5x5!!I don'n think i am strong so i want to do things right and be patient.Now,where grip fits?

I like forearm-grip and i wanted to train it but i didn't know how.I have now a plastic gripper and squeeze it some times i got the 'pump' but because of lack of programming i would leave it.So,after some articles and A LOT OF READING (old time strongman books mostly) i decided to give great emphasis on the grip (forearm will come later with the proper foundation i believe) and also the tendons and the ligaments.With the right plan for my goals i will be obsessed and i am pretty sure for that!!

Hello all!!My name is Kostas(Gastone is the translation i think in English) and i am from far away,from Greece!!I am 23 years old,5.8 feet (or 179cm) and and my weight is 148 lbs!!For my heigth and my weight i dont look that skinny!I look like normal but before 4 months i was 171lbs!!For my heigth everybody told me that this should be my actual weigth!!But from a young age i was a kid with a small belly but very athletic with great technique and very good in sports generally!I have played soccer(the european edition),basketball,volleyball and a lot of racket the summers in the sand (on my holidays)!!I was always very good on all of these sports i mentioned without being on a team!!I just had talent with the ball on my feet,in my hands on a racket and if i had choose something and if i had the support i i had the potential to be very good along with hard work first and foremost!!

Anyway,i mentioned the small belly to show you that the yesteryear i lost the same amount almost of weight with the help of a friend (personal trainer with background on a sport) who coached me and he gave great emphasis on the legs because he believed(and also made me believe it too) that if you want good foundation you must have a strong basis with the ground!The strength lies in your feet!So, for 2-3 months he trained me because i wanted to get leaner!I didn't like that belly!If you see me you would think that i am strong(i am athleti with great emphasis on sports but nothing when it omes either endurance or strength with weigthtraining)(also,i think i am endomorph or at least i look like one thats the reason maybe a lot get confused when they see me and then if a make a lift-not something really noticeable )and he believed that also.But i wasnt so strong and with no endurance!Anyway he pushed me a lot and i lost that fat but because of lack of motivation and confusion with what to do next and how to approach training i stopped and i had the weigth back.This summer i lost it in a healthier way with the right nutrition(and good cardio-and a good program)and not so brutal as the previous year.I evolved last summer but he pushed me very much and then i was too tired to continue and maybe i was burnt out!Now,i am leaner (5.8 ft-148lbs) but in a healthier way!

For the past 4 months i got rid most of the fat and i wanted to start again but now with the appropriate determination because i read a lot of things and i know what i want to do!I would like now to put some (real muscle) but without strength(which i dont have) you dont have good foundation.So,after a lot of study(mass before strength or strength before mass)i decided to give a shot to SL5x5!!I don'n think i am strong so i want to do things right and be patient.Now,where grip fits?

I like forearm-grip and i wanted to train it but i didn't know how.I have now a plastic gripper and squeeze it some times i got the 'pump' but because of lack of programming i would leave it.So,after some articles and A LOT OF READING (old time strongman books mostly) i decided to give great emphasis on the grip (forearm will come later with the proper foundation i believe) and also the tendons and the ligaments.With the right plan for my goals i will be obsessed and i am pretty sure for that!!

Welcome Kostas!

Guest al  smith

Hi, my name is Alex Smith, a retired school psychologist.

I'm 61 years old and will be 62 next month. {Yes, the photo on my profile is a recent photo of me taken in August 2013} I'm 5'8" and weigh 155-160lbs. I came across this forum while surfing the internet. Ever since a child I had interest in physical fitness. Some of my "physical accomplishments" are: Placing 4th in the U.S. in collegiate wrestling in the 118lb weight class, unofficially breaking the world record at the bench press; benching 380lbs while weighing 132lbs when 25 years old,winning state championships in wrist/arm wrestling in New Jersey and Pennsylvania when in my mid 20's through my 30's. Right now I have retired from competition but continue trying to keep in shape. As a young man my workout routines involved very heavy weights. However as "father time" caught up to me I had to adjust my workout routine. I've come up with a rather "unique" fitness routine that has proven to produce good results. At 61 one needs to take care to avoid injury at all costs. So, my "method" incorporates lighter weights using very strict form and isolating single muscle groups with unique exercises. I also row a boat with resistances and do a lot of cycling, and wheel barrow heavy loads through the woods. My routine has allowed me to retain just about the same power I had when I was much younger. I was never a very heavy/large person. { chest-45"..waist-29"..bicep 16 1/2"..forearm 14"..thigh-25".. calf 16"}

I would like to share some of my methods with anyone who has an interest.

During my late 20's and early/mid 30's I was very hard to beat in wrist/arm wrestling. My method of training for the sport was "key" to my success. I am quite sure that anyone interested in becoming a champion at arm/wrist wrestler would benefit from this single following exercise→ I call it a "one handed pull-up." Allow yourself to hang from a bar with one hand behind your back. Then do pull-ups with one hand. I would do 5 sets of 3. I know, you may think that doing only 3 pull-ups in a set is not very many. But, I would bet that most of you will find it hard to do even one, at first try. {NO cheating! the pull-ups are from a dead hang with one hand behind your back} I slowly built up to being able to do this exercise by pulling myself up with 2 hands and then removing one of my hands and hanging for as long as I could with one hand. However, when you succeed in accomplishing this, your arm strength will astound you and others!

Hope to hear from other members.

Al

Hi, Tom here - how is everyone ;) Am in the UK, have trained grip for many years although not managed to close a 3 yet!

I own a vintage barbell & dumbbell globe collection, including the two Thomas Inch Middleweight dumbbells...

Looking forward to reading round the topics on site...

Hi, my name is Alex Smith, a retired school psychologist.

I'm 61 years old and will be 62 next month. {Yes, the photo on my profile is a recent photo of me taken in August 2013} I'm 5'8" and weigh 155-160lbs. I came across this forum while surfing the internet. Ever since a child I had interest in physical fitness. Some of my "physical accomplishments" are: Placing 4th in the U.S. in collegiate wrestling in the 118lb weight class, unofficially breaking the world record at the bench press; benching 380lbs while weighing 132lbs when 25 years old,winning state championships in wrist/arm wrestling in New Jersey and Pennsylvania when in my mid 20's through my 30's. Right now I have retired from competition but continue trying to keep in shape. As a young man my workout routines involved very heavy weights. However as "father time" caught up to me I had to adjust my workout routine. I've come up with a rather "unique" fitness routine that has proven to produce good results. At 61 one needs to take care to avoid injury at all costs. So, my "method" incorporates lighter weights using very strict form and isolating single muscle groups with unique exercises. I also row a boat with resistances and do a lot of cycling, and wheel barrow heavy loads through the woods. My routine has allowed me to retain just about the same power I had when I was much younger. I was never a very heavy/large person. { chest-45"..waist-29"..bicep 16 1/2"..forearm 14"..thigh-25".. calf 16"}

I would like to share some of my methods with anyone who has an interest.

During my late 20's and early/mid 30's I was very hard to beat in wrist/arm wrestling. My method of training for the sport was "key" to my success. I am quite sure that anyone interested in becoming a champion at arm/wrist wrestler would benefit from this single following exercise→ I call it a "one handed pull-up." Allow yourself to hang from a bar with one hand behind your back. Then do pull-ups with one hand. I would do 5 sets of 3. I know, you may think that doing only 3 pull-ups in a set is not very many. But, I would bet that most of you will find it hard to do even one, at first try. {NO cheating! the pull-ups are from a dead hang with one hand behind your back} I slowly built up to being able to do this exercise by pulling myself up with 2 hands and then removing one of my hands and hanging for as long as I could with one hand. However, when you succeed in accomplishing this, your arm strength will astound you and others!

Hope to hear from other members.

Al

Hi, Tom here - how is everyone ;) Am in the UK, have trained grip for many years although not managed to close a 3 yet!

I own a vintage barbell & dumbbell globe collection, including the two Thomas Inch Middleweight dumbbells...

Looking forward to reading round the topics on site...

Welcome Al and Tom to the board!

Good to see you here Tom. Hope all is well.

Thanks bud!! Good to read your efforts on the Blob too!! you'll soon Blob it up ;)

(BTW, I can currently do a first finger off or a little finger off, but a two finger and thumb seems ridiculously hard - I've seen David Horne do it - but it just seems too much -am getting the negatives though ;) I

Guest Squat More

Yes Tom, I have already lifted the blob multiple times, but after taking a break from it, it seems to be stuck to the floor again. I guess wide pinch is just one of those things I have to consistently stick with to keep strength on, or at least get strong enough to lift with extra weight, high pulls etc before the strength truly "sticks around".

Guest Squat More

BTW guys, Tom is a good guy, does a lot of good for people rehabilitation wise and owns the two ORIGINAL Thomas Inch middleweight dumbbells, we all know some cantankerous curmudgeon owns the original 172 - Tom on the other hand isn't against allowing folks a go at them. The video of David Horne dominating them for 4 reps was in Tom's personal gym... which is really a sight to see when it comes to truly "old school" strength implements.

• Like 1

Hi my name is Frank and I've been training with kettlebells for some years now.

I've been messing around with COC grippers for some time now - along with some homemade pinch boards, wrist rollers, plates, sandbag/bulgarian bag etc. all to get a good strong all round grip. I've been ripping a bit too, but nothing serious. Only a couple of full decks - cheap easy ones.

I've just closed the COC#2 and my next goal is to close the #3.

Also another goal of mine is to clean my 32kg kettlebell (pistol grip/bottoms up) with confidence, which takes a lot of grip too.

Ok.. all for now.. hope to talk to you in the forums....

Please accept my apologies, but I have been a member of the board sense July, but I am just getting around to this.

The best description of me, regarding myself and this world of grip, is I am becoming fixated on grip.

Currently, I am a what you would call “a dilettante”. I am dabbling with grip training trying to find my groove.

I want to start off by thanking everyone who makes this grip board great. I visit it too many times per day and my wife --while I have not told her the full extent of my grip addiction—well she is starting to notice. My many extra hours spent surfing the web reading this board are adding up….

[While the simple the reality is I should be spending more time with the iron plates!]

Some of the super posters to this board are Mighty Joe and Richard Sorin. I also found David Horne’s “newbies” tips very helpful and off course Jedd Johnson has put so much free info out there as well. You guys rock!

That said, I want to thank everyone who has built this board into something awesome. I am new, but I thank you all.

OK here we go:

I am returning to strength training after a long layover.

I currently have three children [all boys; 5yrs, 2 1/2 yrs, and 1 ½ yrs]. Two kids in diapers makes life fun! Before the birth of my second child, I was training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under kettlebell guru Steve Maxwell.

I was in my late 20’s when I started BJJ, and I stopped when I was about 34.

I turn 38 next month.

Sometime after starting BJJ in 2003 I discovered the CoC grippers. I bought the S, T, and #1. I never had a great grip and was looking to improve it. I bought both of John Brookfield’s books and tried to add some grip training to my BJJ practice. At that point I was not really doing any real strength work outside of my BJJ classes. I took John’s advise and made some of my own grip tools…

In High School I was mostly a Track and Field guy. I loved lifting weights too, and I had a used my lawnmower money to get a used bench and set of plates in my basement.

I discovered Pole Vaulting at some point in school and I was hooked. I was good enough at Pole Vaulting to walk onto the team at Penn State University, but I was NOT good enough to “keep raising the bar” so I was only on the team of 1 ½ years before I got cut.

Looking back at my pole vaulting, I could have definitely done better if I ever realized I had a weak grip and had someone show me how to get a powerful grip. [sadly, in high school and even at Penn State, most all of my exposure to strength training was in lines with Body Building.]

Which brings me to today:

I have not run a single mile in years and I have not trained BJJ in at least 2 ½ years. Until about two months ago I had also not lifted weights in years, and I can literally see rust on my original CoC grippers.

But I am rediscovering the joy of being fit as I start doing a little every day…

In reentering fitness, I have decided to address my weakest link first.

GRIP!!!

Currently I can smash my well shaved down CoC Sport, and I can clank away at my stock CoC T. But my CoC #1 just does not want me to close it yet…

I picked up a Zenith #1, and I can clank that baby too... so for right now, the CoC#1 is just out of reach.

I ordered my first real gripper spread directly from Warren Tetting a few months ago. Got the 5/8” A, and the standard SA, M, and SM.

For me SM stands for Super Man, as that is where I think my limit will be.

At this point, I can not close any of those Tetting grippers.

I am just shy of 5’8” and am usually around 160lbs. My hands are smaller, apx 7” long.

And there you have it, a long overdue introduction.

Hello. I live in Finland and i have been training grip for almost a year now. At this moment i mainly train with grippers but i have done some pinching, thick bar training and bending as well.

Other than grip, i do powerlifting type of training or if i don,t have aces to gym i do calisthenics.

My main goal right now is closing coc 3. Ironminds 2.5 is starting to get easy so i think i am halfway there.

I have a question.

How do you count levels in vulcan gripper or wrist developer? When spring is on bottom, is that level 0 or 1 or what?

Hi, my name is Jari Hissa and i live in Finland. I am 25 years old and am 188cm tall and 87kg weight.

I have been training grip since 2009. It all started when my friend at work wanted to know how much i can squeeze on a hand dynamometer.

Even though training in the gym for about 10 years now, he got 20kg better result than i and after that i decided to start training grip.

I bought a CoC2 gripper and got it to about parallel. After some training and learning the technique i managed to get a close and ordered CoC2,5 and CoC3

I also started to train pinch and thick bar and wrist also. My mistake was that i wanted to do them all on high intensity and get constant progress on all of them and thats where the overtraining cycle started. I was thinking that i wasnt doing enough and started to do even more, until i finally realised to take a little break and get more information on grip training and asked advice from many other grip trainers. One thing also was that my grippers were rusty and much harder to close, for example i could get my CoC3 to about parallel and when i cleaned it from rust and put some oil on the spring i closed it.

Now i focus only on grippers and do a little assistance work with fat gripz and train dynamic thumb. My progress has gone up a lot in these few months now and can now close my CoC3 for about 8 parallel singles and can almost get a close on my left hand.

My goal now would be getting to the Mash monster level 0 and hopefully progress on the ladder even more :)

• Like 2

Hi everyone, my name is Robert and I curently reside in Jacksonville, FL.

I'm curently training for arm wrestling and yes lots of grips!!! Comming from a martial arts background I

understand the how important is the grip power.

If you know someone from Jax or near areas let me know, I'm always looking to train with other pullers.

Stats: 5'9 - 145lbs

It's a pleasure to meet you all, thanks.

Rob '' Mollero ''

Hi my name is Frank and I've been training with kettlebells for some years now.

I've been messing around with COC grippers for some time now - along with some homemade pinch boards, wrist rollers, plates, sandbag/bulgarian bag etc. all to get a good strong all round grip. I've been ripping a bit too, but nothing serious. Only a couple of full decks - cheap easy ones.

I've just closed the COC#2 and my next goal is to close the #3.

Also another goal of mine is to clean my 32kg kettlebell (pistol grip/bottoms up) with confidence, which takes a lot of grip too.

Ok.. all for now.. hope to talk to you in the forums....

Please accept my apologies, but I have been a member of the board sense July, but I am just getting around to this.

The best description of me, regarding myself and this world of grip, is I am becoming fixated on grip.

Currently, I am a what you would call “a dilettante”. I am dabbling with grip training trying to find my groove.

I want to start off by thanking everyone who makes this grip board great. I visit it too many times per day and my wife --while I have not told her the full extent of my grip addiction—well she is starting to notice. My many extra hours spent surfing the web reading this board are adding up….

[While the simple the reality is I should be spending more time with the iron plates!]

Some of the super posters to this board are Mighty Joe and Richard Sorin. I also found David Horne’s “newbies” tips very helpful and off course Jedd Johnson has put so much free info out there as well. You guys rock!

That said, I want to thank everyone who has built this board into something awesome. I am new, but I thank you all.

OK here we go:

I am returning to strength training after a long layover.

I currently have three children [all boys; 5yrs, 2 1/2 yrs, and 1 ½ yrs]. Two kids in diapers makes life fun! Before the birth of my second child, I was training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under kettlebell guru Steve Maxwell.

I was in my late 20’s when I started BJJ, and I stopped when I was about 34.

I turn 38 next month.

Sometime after starting BJJ in 2003 I discovered the CoC grippers. I bought the S, T, and #1. I never had a great grip and was looking to improve it. I bought both of John Brookfield’s books and tried to add some grip training to my BJJ practice. At that point I was not really doing any real strength work outside of my BJJ classes. I took John’s advise and made some of my own grip tools…

In High School I was mostly a Track and Field guy. I loved lifting weights too, and I had a used my lawnmower money to get a used bench and set of plates in my basement.

I discovered Pole Vaulting at some point in school and I was hooked. I was good enough at Pole Vaulting to walk onto the team at Penn State University, but I was NOT good enough to “keep raising the bar” so I was only on the team of 1 ½ years before I got cut.

Looking back at my pole vaulting, I could have definitely done better if I ever realized I had a weak grip and had someone show me how to get a powerful grip. [sadly, in high school and even at Penn State, most all of my exposure to strength training was in lines with Body Building.]

Which brings me to today:

I have not run a single mile in years and I have not trained BJJ in at least 2 ½ years. Until about two months ago I had also not lifted weights in years, and I can literally see rust on my original CoC grippers.

But I am rediscovering the joy of being fit as I start doing a little every day…

In reentering fitness, I have decided to address my weakest link first.

GRIP!!!

Currently I can smash my well shaved down CoC Sport, and I can clank away at my stock CoC T. But my CoC #1 just does not want me to close it yet…

I picked up a Zenith #1, and I can clank that baby too... so for right now, the CoC#1 is just out of reach.

I ordered my first real gripper spread directly from Warren Tetting a few months ago. Got the 5/8” A, and the standard SA, M, and SM.

For me SM stands for Super Man, as that is where I think my limit will be.

At this point, I can not close any of those Tetting grippers.

I am just shy of 5’8” and am usually around 160lbs. My hands are smaller, apx 7” long.

And there you have it, a long overdue introduction.

Hello. I live in Finland and i have been training grip for almost a year now. At this moment i mainly train with grippers but i have done some pinching, thick bar training and bending as well.

Other than grip, i do powerlifting type of training or if i don,t have aces to gym i do calisthenics.

My main goal right now is closing coc 3. Ironminds 2.5 is starting to get easy so i think i am halfway there.

I have a question.

How do you count levels in vulcan gripper or wrist developer? When spring is on bottom, is that level 0 or 1 or what?

Hi, my name is Jari Hissa and i live in Finland. I am 25 years old and am 188cm tall and 87kg weight.

I have been training grip since 2009. It all started when my friend at work wanted to know how much i can squeeze on a hand dynamometer.

Even though training in the gym for about 10 years now, he got 20kg better result than i and after that i decided to start training grip.

I bought a CoC2 gripper and got it to about parallel. After some training and learning the technique i managed to get a close and ordered CoC2,5 and CoC3

I also started to train pinch and thick bar and wrist also. My mistake was that i wanted to do them all on high intensity and get constant progress on all of them and thats where the overtraining cycle started. I was thinking that i wasnt doing enough and started to do even more, until i finally realised to take a little break and get more information on grip training and asked advice from many other grip trainers. One thing also was that my grippers were rusty and much harder to close, for example i could get my CoC3 to about parallel and when i cleaned it from rust and put some oil on the spring i closed it.

Now i focus only on grippers and do a little assistance work with fat gripz and train dynamic thumb. My progress has gone up a lot in these few months now and can now close my CoC3 for about 8 parallel singles and can almost get a close on my left hand.

My goal now would be getting to the Mash monster level 0 and hopefully progress on the ladder even more :)

Hi everyone, my name is Robert and I curently reside in Jacksonville, FL.

I'm curently training for arm wrestling and yes lots of grips!!! Comming from a martial arts background I

understand the how important is the grip power.

If you know someone from Jax or near areas let me know, I'm always looking to train with other pullers.

Stats: 5'9 - 145lbs

It's a pleasure to meet you all, thanks.

Rob '' Mollero ''

Welcome to the Gripboard!

• Like 1

Hello Gripboard,

my name is Marco Buhl and i'm from Germany. I'm now taking grip sport more serious.

October 2010 was my first competition. A few month earlier i heard about Captains of Crush grippers and of course Gabriel Sum. His videos on youtube have impressed me. So i decided to start with Grip Training.

After many mistakes and a few injuries later i'm now ready for more goals. The most important goal is to become a certified Captain of Crush in 2014. On march this year i could make 3 TNS reps with a hard No. 3. Because of an injury i'm still away from ccs but i have resumed my gripper training.

My biggest goals so far:

17.11. 2012 Crushed to Dust Certification

20.04.2013 1. Place on german championships

26.10.2013 1. Place on HTBM with 4 new german records

biggest lifts:

Rolling Thunder: 97,5Kg - in Contest

Ironmind Axle: 192,5Kg - in Contest

Trap Bar Fat gripz: 240Kg - in Contest

Inch Replica lifts: 7 times - in Contest

Shallow Hub: 29,2 Kg - in training

Half a Penny: 18,9Kg - in training

Stub: 20,9Kg - in training

All lifts are on my youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kornkid2001

I'm training with my girlfriend Janine in our garage. She is in Grip Sport for a few month. I think she is the first grip-woman in Germany.

The days are getting colder here and i'm excited about the next training sessions outside :-)

kind regards

Marco

• Like 1