NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hey all. I'm Ronni from Maine. I'm 40. I was a rock climber when I was younger. Have been competing in power lifting for over 4 years. I'm now starting to take my grip more seriously again and forgot how much I love it. I am also quickly realizing how much I suck. I thought I had a pretty strong grip. Then I started searching around and looking at what some of the best of you are doing. Ya, I suck. I love grip and am a patient person, so in time practice makes better. Look forward to being a part of the community here and learning from you all.

Hi my name is Josh im 6 foot 1 and 195 pounds enjoy grippers and weight lifting my goal for now is te coc3 cert.

Hi, my name is Josh im 25 years old 6 foot 1 and 195 pounds im a armed guard and love to lift, i have always been into grip traing and always wondered if they made a heavier gripper than lets say ( Sporting good store type grippers ). I always made my own tools for grip i first dicovered the wrist roller when i was 15 in a bruce lee book still use it to this day. I always lifted and it helped me threw hard times you no a get away i also persued the police academy and passed, being interested in gun's having a good grip is very important i actually discovered iron mind hand grippers in the back of a gun magazine. You talk about feeling like your world now made sense! Heavy hand grippers my dream came true, i then realized they had been around for years i ordered the 2 the next day. When i recieved it i was excited to try i opened it mustard up all my might and closed it shut, amazed by it i ordered more even created my own spring loaded gripper for negatives i recently shut the coc3 after 3 months time i plan to certify on it and more, i am greatful to be a new member on a site that seems to be perfect for what i have always enjoyed, nice to meet everyone and happy grippin!

Hey all. I'm Ronni from Maine. I'm 40. I was a rock climber when I was younger. Have been competing in power lifting for over 4 years. I'm now starting to take my grip more seriously again and forgot how much I love it. I am also quickly realizing how much I suck. I thought I had a pretty strong grip. Then I started searching around and looking at what some of the best of you are doing. Ya, I suck. I love grip and am a patient person, so in time practice makes better. Look forward to being a part of the community here and learning from you all.

Hi my name is Josh im 6 foot 1 and 195 pounds enjoy grippers and weight lifting my goal for now is te coc3 cert.

Welcome to the new members!

• Like 1

Hello there! My name is Florin Ilinca, I'm from Bucharest, Romania and I'm happy to be part of The GripBoard!

My personal bests are:

Left hand: CoC #2: 5 reps.

Right hand: CoC #2.5: 10 reps.

An easy HG 350(more like a normal HG 300): 2 reps.

My first goal to achieve is to certify on CoC #3 in the future!

All the best to all of you and train smart & hard!

Hey Guys,

My name is Brandon and I'm from Indiana. I'm about 6'3", 255 pounds. I'm 28 years old. I started powerlifting about 3 and a half years ago and just recently got in to competing. I started grip training not long after I started lifting, but didnt get serious about it until about a year ago.

Some of my grip accomplishments are closing a #2.5 CoC, lifting a 45lb blob, lifting 363lbs on an Apollon's Axle, 212lbs with a Rolling Thunder. Block weight training is probably my favorite.

Some of my goals are to lift a 50lb Fatman blob (and eventually make a trip to Sorinex to lift the original and its sister at the same time!), close and get certified on a CoC #3. Also deadlift to lockout a Thomas Inch, plate pinch 2 45lb plates and keep progressing on the Apollon's Axle.

I have started to collect some tools of the trade. I have several grippers, a 115 pound hex head dumbbell head (weighs about 59lbs), and I recently purchased a next generation 47.5 pound blob. I havent received it yet, but Im excited! I also use Fat Gripz and Fat Gripz Extremes on almost everything I do. My gym has an old style Rolling Thunder handle, and an Apollon's Axle. So its a work in progress. There is also a gym about an hour away that has a Thomas Inch and I make sure to give it a try any time I'm in the area.

I'm hoping this leads me to being able to compete in grip strength sometime soon and I'm really excited to learn training techniques and new challenges from you guys!

Hello there! My name is Florin Ilinca, I'm from Bucharest, Romania and I'm happy to be part of The GripBoard!

My personal bests are:

Left hand: CoC #2: 5 reps.

Right hand: CoC #2.5: 10 reps.

An easy HG 350(more like a normal HG 300): 2 reps.

My first goal to achieve is to certify on CoC #3 in the future!

All the best to all of you and train smart & hard!

Hey Guys,

My name is Brandon and I'm from Indiana. I'm about 6'3", 255 pounds. I'm 28 years old. I started powerlifting about 3 and a half years ago and just recently got in to competing. I started grip training not long after I started lifting, but didnt get serious about it until about a year ago.

Some of my grip accomplishments are closing a #2.5 CoC, lifting a 45lb blob, lifting 363lbs on an Apollon's Axle, 212lbs with a Rolling Thunder. Block weight training is probably my favorite.

Some of my goals are to lift a 50lb Fatman blob (and eventually make a trip to Sorinex to lift the original and its sister at the same time!), close and get certified on a CoC #3. Also deadlift to lockout a Thomas Inch, plate pinch 2 45lb plates and keep progressing on the Apollon's Axle.

I have started to collect some tools of the trade. I have several grippers, a 115 pound hex head dumbbell head (weighs about 59lbs), and I recently purchased a next generation 47.5 pound blob. I havent received it yet, but Im excited! I also use Fat Gripz and Fat Gripz Extremes on almost everything I do. My gym has an old style Rolling Thunder handle, and an Apollon's Axle. So its a work in progress. There is also a gym about an hour away that has a Thomas Inch and I make sure to give it a try any time I'm in the area.

I'm hoping this leads me to being able to compete in grip strength sometime soon and I'm really excited to learn training techniques and new challenges from you guys!

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Hi everyone!

My name is Miah. I'm 36. 6'-0" 235#. I started training to lose weight. I was 300# at the start of 2011. I cut to 206 and started putting on lean from there. I'm still fat, but feel great about myself. I've been powerlifting and training now for 2 years. I started training grip right away as I learned that as I increased my hand strength, everything else followed. Some grip feats I've accomplished are 2 x 25 1HP, and 2 x 35 1HP. (my plates are old and FAT. Not sure what kind they are, but they are hard to pick up for me!) 10# Hammer lever. and a few other silly personal accomplishments lifting odd heavies. My goals are Definitely to 1HP 2 x 45's, and to pinch lift my 65 pound anvil from the face (4" face), or the heal (a long way off) and to get into blob lifting and gripper closing. I'd love to lift a Fat Man Blob someday.

Hi everyone!

My name is Miah. I'm 36. 6'-0" 235#. I started training to lose weight. I was 300# at the start of 2011. I cut to 206 and started putting on lean from there. I'm still fat, but feel great about myself. I've been powerlifting and training now for 2 years. I started training grip right away as I learned that as I increased my hand strength, everything else followed. Some grip feats I've accomplished are 2 x 25 1HP, and 2 x 35 1HP. (my plates are old and FAT. Not sure what kind they are, but they are hard to pick up for me!) 10# Hammer lever. and a few other silly personal accomplishments lifting odd heavies. My goals are Definitely to 1HP 2 x 45's, and to pinch lift my 65 pound anvil from the face (4" face), or the heal (a long way off) and to get into blob lifting and gripper closing. I'd love to lift a Fat Man Blob someday.

Welcome!

I guys m'y name Is marc turgeon i'm from Montréal , Canada . By the way , sory for m'y english ,i'm bether un frentch. I start hand's grip last hear Whith Éric roussin from Ottawa ,Canada . Last hear i do the world hand's grip Whith Éric in Ottawa and i finish 2 from all that guy's in Ottawa . And i Whil do the event augusth 3 . Thank you and have à Nice day.

I guys m'y name Is marc turgeon i'm from Montréal , Canada . By the way , sory for m'y english ,i'm bether un frentch. I start hand's grip last hear Whith Éric roussin from Ottawa ,Canada . Last hear i do the world hand's grip Whith Éric in Ottawa and i finish 2 from all that guy's in Ottawa . And i Whil do the event augusth 3 . Thank you and have à Nice day.

Welcome!

Hi I’m Paul aka The Little Devil.

I’ve been lifting weights for fun for many years, and I am a lifelong fan of Worlds Strongest Man. I’m only 5 foot tall, but that doesn’t stop me training as hard as I can... just for the heck of it.

I got really interested in arm wrestling and grip in 2010 when my brother and I went to a fitness expo in London and watched an arm wrestling tournament and strongman competition. I have competed in numerous amateur arm wrestling tournaments since then, and my Brother has since turned pro.

In May this year I competed in my first grip competition (The British Grip Championships) and did better than I thought I would, nabbing some world and National records in my weight category. Now I truly have the grip bug, and I aim to promote grip training and its benefits to whoever is willing.

I love training outside in all weather, bring it on!

I have a youtube chanel, have a look (I can’t seem to remove the dodgy end to the address):

http://www.youtube.com/user/Paul27chocolate

Hi I’m Paul aka The Little Devil.

I’ve been lifting weights for fun for many years, and I am a lifelong fan of Worlds Strongest Man. I’m only 5 foot tall, but that doesn’t stop me training as hard as I can... just for the heck of it.

I got really interested in arm wrestling and grip in 2010 when my brother and I went to a fitness expo in London and watched an arm wrestling tournament and strongman competition. I have competed in numerous amateur arm wrestling tournaments since then, and my Brother has since turned pro.

In May this year I competed in my first grip competition (The British Grip Championships) and did better than I thought I would, nabbing some world and National records in my weight category. Now I truly have the grip bug, and I aim to promote grip training and its benefits to whoever is willing.

I love training outside in all weather, bring it on!

I have a youtube chanel, have a look (I can’t seem to remove the dodgy end to the address):

http://www.youtube.com/user/Paul27chocolate

Welcome Paul!

Hello, my name is Joshua. I am 6' tall, 220ish and in my thirties. I got interested in grip awhile ago from seeing some of Jedd's youtube videos, but never really tried it. I decided to give it a try this past spring and I wandered onto the gripboard.

With an email to Jedd, I discovered that I was fortunate to live close to someone who trains grip, Brent Barbe.

Brent has been kind enough to invite me to train with him and to answer my constant questions.

I look forward to learning alot through the board and I hope to have a chance to meet some of you in person.

Hello, my name is Joshua. I am 6' tall, 220ish and in my thirties. I got interested in grip awhile ago from seeing some of Jedd's youtube videos, but never really tried it. I decided to give it a try this past spring and I wandered onto the gripboard.

With an email to Jedd, I discovered that I was fortunate to live close to someone who trains grip, Brent Barbe.

Brent has been kind enough to invite me to train with him and to answer my constant questions.

I look forward to learning alot through the board and I hope to have a chance to meet some of you in person.

Welcome to the GripBoard!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey the name is David aka Vybe.

I am looking to increase the strength in my hands.

Currently Training in Kung Fu

Primary background is Break dancing , Yoga instructor and Massage Therapy.

I'm also Vegan, but have my techniques for acquiring protein and nutrients while training.

I really want to imporve the strengh and circulation in my hands, as I plan to use them extensively with my career/extracurricular explorative life style path.

I have heard of Bio Feed back and the capabilties of the hands from a co-worker. He told me to go on the board and ask around on here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey the name is David aka Vybe.

I am looking to increase the strength in my hands.

Currently Training in Kung Fu

Primary background is Break dancing , Yoga instructor and Massage Therapy.

I'm also Vegan, but have my techniques for acquiring protein and nutrients while training.

I really want to imporve the strengh and circulation in my hands, as I plan to use them extensively with my career/extracurricular explorative life style path.

I have heard of Bio Feed back and the capabilties of the hands from a co-worker. He told me to go on the board and ask around on here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Jon. Don't know a lot about grip, or grip training. I ordered from CoC the Sport, Trainer, #0.5,#1,#1.5, and #2 and an "egg" and expand your hands bands.

5'10.5"

190#

Deadlift 315x3-5

Squat 405x5

Bench ??? 275?

Body fat 12-13% guestimate based on last time i cut from 200#/18% to 175/10%. Bulked and on a second cut, now.

Profession, RN, critical and intermediate care

Age 27

My grip is my weak point. I am hoping for faster follow up shots with pistol, easier and faster weapon manipulation with the m4, and improving my strength training in the gym by eliminating my grip as the fatigue point.

Fighting full contact as well as training with a bunch of SOCOM guys has taught me to leave ego behind when it comes to self betterment, and my screenname pulls no punches. I can close the #1 with my rigbt hand, and almost with my left, cold. This is embarrassing and performance hampering, and I need to fix it and am open to positive criticism and advice in doing so.

Edited by NancyHands
  • Like 1

Hey all, I'm John. I've been competing in strongman for a year now and have been wanting to get more into grip as I've always enjoyed feats of strength. I'm 22, around 230 pounds most of the time, and a hair under 5'11".

I suppose my start in grip was ordering a few Captains of Crush grippers. I really haven't spent much time practicing with them, so I'm not very good at all. I'd like to get better at grippers and get into steel bending, and this forum seems to be one of the best resources I can find online.

I'll probably mostly just lurk, but I look forward to being here and eventually getting to know some people.

I'm Jon. Don't know a lot about grip, or grip training. I ordered from CoC the Sport, Trainer, #0.5,#1,#1.5, and #2 and an "egg" and expand your hands bands.

5'10.5"

190#

Deadlift 315x3-5

Squat 405x5

Bench ??? 275?

Body fat 12-13% guestimate based on last time i cut from 200#/18% to 175/10%. Bulked and on a second cut, now.

Profession, RN, critical and intermediate care

Age 27

My grip is my weak point. I am hoping for faster follow up shots with pistol, easier and faster weapon manipulation with the m4, and improving my strength training in the gym by eliminating my grip as the fatigue point.

Fighting full contact as well as training with a bunch of SOCOM guys has taught me to leave ego behind when it comes to self betterment, and my screenname pulls no punches. I can close the #1 with my rigbt hand, and almost with my left, cold. This is embarrassing and performance hampering, and I need to fix it and am open to positive criticism and advice in doing so.

Hey all, I'm John. I've been competing in strongman for a year now and have been wanting to get more into grip as I've always enjoyed feats of strength. I'm 22, around 230 pounds most of the time, and a hair under 5'11".

I suppose my start in grip was ordering a few Captains of Crush grippers. I really haven't spent much time practicing with them, so I'm not very good at all. I'd like to get better at grippers and get into steel bending, and this forum seems to be one of the best resources I can find online.

I'll probably mostly just lurk, but I look forward to being here and eventually getting to know some people.

Welcome!

My name is Andrew but everyone calls me Doughboy. I am a wrestler by trade but have competed in every sport under the sun. I have trained grip since 2005 but really started taking it serious after I retired from a 11 year semi-pro football career last year. I love all things lifting! Powerlifting, Bodybuilding, crossfit, etc. I am a personal trainer for MMA fighters specializing in grappling. I weighed 325lbs but discover the Primal Blueprint and lost over 70lbs. John Brookfield is my hero. Here are some grip things I've done and things I want to do.

Things I've done:

Rolled a pan,ripped a phonebook, ripped a deck of cards, crushed a full can of soda

Things I want to do:

Bend a crescent wrench, bend a horseshoe, rip a tennis ball in half

Weights I can hit and goals

RT 170's my goal is 200lbs

HUB 43lbs my goal 100lbs

Pinch 2 35's I want to get 2 45's

Height: 6'3

Weight: 250

I like to joke and don't take myself to seriously

My name is Andrew but everyone calls me Doughboy. I am a wrestler by trade but have competed in every sport under the sun. I have trained grip since 2005 but really started taking it serious after I retired from a 11 year semi-pro football career last year. I love all things lifting! Powerlifting, Bodybuilding, crossfit, etc. I am a personal trainer for MMA fighters specializing in grappling. I weighed 325lbs but discover the Primal Blueprint and lost over 70lbs. John Brookfield is my hero. Here are some grip things I've done and things I want to do.

Things I've done:

Rolled a pan,ripped a phonebook, ripped a deck of cards, crushed a full can of soda

Things I want to do:

HUB 43lbs my goal 100lbs

Welcome Andrew!

Things I've done:

Things I want to do:

HUB 43lbs my goal 100lbs

Welcome Andrew!

Thank you!

Hello all! My name is Anthony, 25 years old and I am a bodybuilder from New York City. I discovered grip training over five years ago and my collection of toys includes mostly all the crushed to dust grip tools and pinch grip tools! However I lost my way for a while and am proud to say that I've been training grip diligently now for the past 3 months. I am very close to closing the #2 and that is my immediate goal as of now. Thank you for having me here!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! My name is Anthony, 25 years old and I am a bodybuilder from New York City. I discovered grip training over five years ago and my collection of toys includes mostly all the crushed to dust grip tools and pinch grip tools! However I lost my way for a while and am proud to say that I've been training grip diligently now for the past 3 months. I am very close to closing the #2 and that is my immediate goal as of now. Thank you for having me here!

Welcome Anthony!

My name's Tom. I'm 23, 6'0", 190ish. I am less than a 1/4" from closing the COC 2.5, want to close the #3 by years end, and hub lift a York 45. Going to be following RRBT once I get the email.