NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi guys,

my name is Mark. I'm from Germany and I currently weigh 86kg at a height of 1,73m. I'm 30 Years old.

When I was 18 I started training Muay Thai and some months later I began with weightlifting. I stuck to Muay Thai for 6 years, due to

injuries and the lack of time I quit. I tried a lot of sports since then, including rock climbing and calisthenics.

however, I never stopped weight training, but only sparsely included finger traing.

While watching some strength related Youtube-videos I stumbled across one of Napalms vids, which showed the Blob.

I've set lifting a 50pound Blob as my long term goal. Let's see what happens to my grip .

• Like 1

Hi Everyone

My name is Ray...Always had a passing interest in all things strength ever since i saw the Mighty Kaz

lifting toothpicks above his head (Rest of us call them logs! ) I'm approaching fifty and feeling tired,worn and fat! I don't expect to light up the Grip world, but would like to make improvements in Me in my own small way...Look forward to soaking up the knowledge from novices to Champions

Cheers Ray

• Like 1

Hi everyone David Mitti here!

Been bending for alittle while now and want to get my grip going !

What better place to get help than the grip board.

It's great to be on here with so many greats..

Let the fun begin!!!!

Hi guys,

my name is Mark. I'm from Germany and I currently weigh 86kg at a height of 1,73m. I'm 30 Years old.

When I was 18 I started training Muay Thai and some months later I began with weightlifting. I stuck to Muay Thai for 6 years, due to

injuries and the lack of time I quit. I tried a lot of sports since then, including rock climbing and calisthenics.

however, I never stopped weight training, but only sparsely included finger traing.

While watching some strength related Youtube-videos I stumbled across one of Napalms vids, which showed the Blob.

I've set lifting a 50pound Blob as my long term goal. Let's see what happens to my grip .

Hi Everyone

My name is Ray...Always had a passing interest in all things strength ever since i saw the Mighty Kaz

lifting toothpicks above his head (Rest of us call them logs! ) I'm approaching fifty and feeling tired,worn and fat! I don't expect to light up the Grip world, but would like to make improvements in Me in my own small way...Look forward to soaking up the knowledge from novices to Champions

Cheers Ray

Welcome guys!

Hi guys my name is Hans, I am from Norway. I started training in Nov 2012 ,grip training was not that serious until 2013.

Bought 3#,3.5# and the 4# COC , I thought I could get the NR 3 at least with some training, however I could not get it past parallel.

I also ordered the NR 2# , 2.5# I could close them both easy.

I learned about the plate loaded gripper,secret weapon and titans telegraph key from Joe Kinney`s movie. So me and a friend got them made. And after about a month on them all with high volume I could close the NR 3# , 3 times in a row from little wider than parallel.

EDIT: I am 6`7" ,weigh 103 kilo and have spaghetti arms.

Edited by SpaghettiArms
  • Like 1

awesome brother... post a video of the 3 close to earn your MM0 - make sure you send it to wannagrip unlisted though

Edited by jvance

Hi guys my name is Hans, I am from Norway. I started training in Nov 2012 ,grip training was not that serious until 2013.

Bought 3#,3.5# and the 4# COC , I thought I could get the NR 3 at least with some training, however I could not get it past parallel.

I learned about the plate loaded gripper,secret weapon and titans telegraph key from Joe Kinney`s movie. So me and a friend got them made. And after about a month on them all with high volume I could close the NR 3# , 3 times in a row from little wider than parallel.

Welcome Hans!

Welcome that is some solid progress!

Juha hariju-mm# 6 closer- who posts on here has a good group of guys in Finland with some big contests out there. Not sure how far of a trip it is for you but you would learn a lot training with them even if just once in a while for contests.

hi, read a lot of good stuff, did not realise there was such a large following of grip strength, cant do massive feats of grip strength yet, can close the COC#2 and have recently purchased a hub. Hope to progress to the standard of some of the members on here.

hi, read a lot of good stuff, did not realise there was such a large following of grip strength, cant do massive feats of grip strength yet, can close the COC#2 and have recently purchased a hub. Hope to progress to the standard of some of the members on here.

Welcome to the board!

Hey Guys,

I'm a 46 yr old 6'2" 275lbs or so guy who just got into grip work with grippers back in August. Bought some Heavy grips and have been using them fairly consistent for the last 5 or 6 months. Just got the 250 closed. I guess I do full reps, all the way open and closed, never tried any set closes or parallel closes, just put it in the hand and have a go at it. I have played sports all of my early days and trained with weights off and on most of my life since 17 or so, except the last 7 years had kids and have not really touched a weight other than grippers since, thus the 275 lbs.

Just getting back into working out and kinda getting this obsession for grip training. Found this forum a few days ago and have been reading a lot of stuff here and other sources. Ordered some Fat Gripz last week so should be here any day. Want to get into the pinch block type and thick bar training.

Have a lot of questions to ask so hopefully can get the answers.

• Like 1

Not new, but haven't partaken here in years. Think I used to have the handle of Iman74 but apparentley since then my "Speedy" account is still active. Either way, I am back and finally gotten my life in order and back in training again: not grip specifically but that was always a love I had since I was a kid so I always incorporate it into existing exercises: farmers walk, step-ups, rope/towel pull-ups, etc. I still carry a COC gripper with me and squeezing it. Thinking I need a harder one soon but we'll see.

Anyway, those that go to Rosstraining.com know me, and always looking for another board to shoot the shit and get ideas from. Many out there are full of BS but this one I always reference especially when people have gripping questions. Things been slow lately, and there has been a lot of dinks so need a change of pace here and there so hoping I find that here.

Hoping to get back into weighted pull-ups again: stopped after I reached 50lbs (few years back) so I have a long way to go and plan to add a lot more weight than that as I continue to train it.

What else, ummmm no longer working out in a basement, been doing most of my work in gyms but they have what I need so that has been working so far. However, I do remember the looks I used to get when I was doing weighted pull-ups and dips with my Ironmind Dip Belt. At least one person asked the rest looked at me like: what is that for? LMAO

Well hoping my training doesn't get side tracked again, and hoping to shoot the shit with the guys again.

Grip & Train Hard!

• Like 1

Welcome back. What was wrong with the basement? Some heroes have been created by training in similar situations hehe.

Wouldn't ditch my shed of doom for the world.

Welcome back. What was wrong with the basement? Some heroes have been created by training in similar situations hehe.

My basement training was done in my 2nd house when I "was" married. Since then lived in a small apartment and then later a small condo. Now living with my GF in a nice house, but we have a lot of work to do before I ask about putting equipment in. When in a relationship, pick your battles, and becareful on your timing when asking for things.

My basement training was done in my 2nd house when I "was" married. Since then lived in a small apartment and then later a small condo. Now living with my GF in a nice house, but we have a lot of work to do before I ask about putting equipment in. When in a relationship, pick your battles, and becareful on your timing when asking for things.

Amen.

Howdy fellers,

I'm a big time newbie, just got into grip and bending within the last two months, courtesy of DieselCrew and all of their awesomeness. Looking forward to hearing everyones unique approach to training and conditioning as well as seeing you guys compete in contests.

I've been doing kettlebell and deadlifting for a few years with no prior weightlifting background, only track and basketball.

you are all giants. proud to be here!

• Like 1

Howdy fellers,

I'm a big time newbie, just got into grip and bending within the last two months, courtesy of DieselCrew and all of their awesomeness. Looking forward to hearing everyones unique approach to training and conditioning as well as seeing you guys compete in contests.

I've been doing kettlebell and deadlifting for a few years with no prior weightlifting background, only track and basketball.

Welcome to the grip-board, unfortunately we're not all giants, but i assure you the ones who try hard enough all will be.

So hopefully that will be both you and me in a short while. But never the less, welcome, I hope you benefit as much from this place as I have been in my short time here.

• Like 1

Howdy fellers,

Welcome look forward to meeting you at daniel reinards contest

• Like 1

Not new, but haven't partaken here in years. Think I used to have the handle of Iman74 but apparentley since then my "Speedy" account is still active. Either way, I am back and finally gotten my life in order and back in training again: not grip specifically but that was always a love I had since I was a kid so I always incorporate it into existing exercises: farmers walk, step-ups, rope/towel pull-ups, etc. I still carry a COC gripper with me and squeezing it. Thinking I need a harder one soon but we'll see.

Anyway, those that go to Rosstraining.com know me, and always looking for another board to shoot the shit and get ideas from. Many out there are full of BS but this one I always reference especially when people have gripping questions. Things been slow lately, and there has been a lot of dinks so need a change of pace here and there so hoping I find that here.

Hoping to get back into weighted pull-ups again: stopped after I reached 50lbs (few years back) so I have a long way to go and plan to add a lot more weight than that as I continue to train it.

What else, ummmm no longer working out in a basement, been doing most of my work in gyms but they have what I need so that has been working so far. However, I do remember the looks I used to get when I was doing weighted pull-ups and dips with my Ironmind Dip Belt. At least one person asked the rest looked at me like: what is that for? LMAO

Well hoping my training doesn't get side tracked again, and hoping to shoot the shit with the guys again.

Grip & Train Hard!

Welcome back!

Hey Guys,

I'm a 46 yr old 6'2" 275lbs or so guy who just got into grip work with grippers back in August. Bought some Heavy grips and have been using them fairly consistent for the last 5 or 6 months. Just got the 250 closed. I guess I do full reps, all the way open and closed, never tried any set closes or parallel closes, just put it in the hand and have a go at it. I have played sports all of my early days and trained with weights off and on most of my life since 17 or so, except the last 7 years had kids and have not really touched a weight other than grippers since, thus the 275 lbs.

Just getting back into working out and kinda getting this obsession for grip training. Found this forum a few days ago and have been reading a lot of stuff here and other sources. Ordered some Fat Gripz last week so should be here any day. Want to get into the pinch block type and thick bar training.

Have a lot of questions to ask so hopefully can get the answers.

Howdy fellers,

Welcome to the board!

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I'm Mick, from Ireland. 22 years old and have recently become pretty obsessed with grip/hand strength training.

Haven't done anything of note yet but have started training pretty seriously.

Happy to find this place and looking forward to learning a lot!

Is there somewhere around here with a list of grip abbreviations and their meanings? I'm always seeing things I don't/can't find the meaning of.

Anyway, look forward to maybe getting to know some people around here.

Hey Guys,

I'm Mick, from Ireland. 22 years old and have recently become pretty obsessed with grip/hand strength training.

Haven't done anything of note yet but have started training pretty seriously.

Happy to find this place and looking forward to learning a lot!

Is there somewhere around here with a list of grip abbreviations and their meanings? I'm always seeing things I don't/can't find the meaning of.

Anyway, look forward to maybe getting to know some people around here.

Welcome

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=5420

You might find that helpful like I have. Just reading this forum will help you pick up on the abbreviations very quickly.