NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello all,

New grip addict here from Alabama. Found out about serious grippers when researching some armwrestling content. I'm 6'2 and about 260 pounds. Was serious about several sports and powerlifting in high school and had some decent natural strength that I was able to work on and improve even more. Torn ACL at 18 made me become lazy and unmotivated to do most serious sports and weightlifting any more. Now would like to get back into a good powerlifting routine and definately want to improve my overall grip strength in all facets.

I wasn't really sure were to start as far as grip strength went when considering ordering my first gripper, so I got a COC #1. The day after ordering it I got nervous and hoped that after 10 years lay-off from weight-training and overall laziness, that I would not embarass myself and have a gripper that I could not even close from the start. Luckily, got the #1 about 1.5 months ago and could barely close it each hand the same day I got it. Now, after a few weeks of regular training, I can rep it no set about 8 times in RH and 7 in LH. Now I have ordered a trainer for my warm-ups and also a #1.5 to help transition to the #2.

I am currenlty trying to only train the grippers every other day and do low sets/reps of the #1 and have only been doing a lot of hand stretching, etc for my warm-ups which will change when my trainer gets here today. The last two weeks I have been doing 3 sets of 5 reps each hand with my #1 and this has done really well for me, but am not sure if I would benefit even more from higher volume training such as starting on RRBT.

Anyone have any immediate problems/injuries/fatigue when switching directly from low rep/set training to higher volume training such as RRBT or KTA? Just trying to find out what is most beneficial for my newbie gripper paws. Also, I find it hard to only work the grippers every other day and want to pick them up everyday and bust out 3 sets. I have been lucky to not have much soreness/fatigue when doing this 2-3 days in a row on a few occasions but I want to avoid any problems if possible.

Also would like to somehow find any grip enthusiasts in my area of Alabama so we could chat and help each other if needed and offer support beyond the forums.

Thanks for this great forum,

Kyle

Hi Kyle, welcome aboard! I'm a fellow newbie as yourself (currently a few mms away from closing my #2) and have recently been trying KTA for three weeks. It ended up being too much too soon, so now the bones in my left hand has been hurting for a little week. After about one week i started experiencing a hot sensation on top of my hands and along the lower arm, which i found out was because of the extensors. Luckily it disappeared after a few days of extensorwork. I tried to do my rehab with daily contrast baths and the extensorwork, but it still wasn'tt enough to keep the sore bones and tendons at bay :-) If you have any questions regarding those weeks i'll be happy to help.

Hello my name is Simon and i live in sweden! I love bodybuilding and grip training! I can close COC#2,5 MMS with my right and left hand! I am aiming to cert the coc #3 this years! I also like to carry and chop wood! :)

Hey everyone. My name is Justin Straussner and I've done a little steel bending in the past so I thought I would come over here and give grip a try. :mosher

Hey everyone. My name is Justin Straussner and I've done a little steel bending in the past so I thought I would come over here and give grip a try. :mosher

Welcome!

Just popping through to catch up on nats info and figured it was time to say hi. I am fortunate for the opportunity to be working with Jedd the past 3 months to help get me ready for this comp. Strongwoman and highland games are my primary sports but grip has been on my list of things I need to accomplish for a very long time. Thanks to Jedd, I am learning lots.

Looking forward to meeting some of you all soon.

Just popping through to catch up on nats info and figured it was time to say hi. I am fortunate for the opportunity to be working with Jedd the past 3 months to help get me ready for this comp. Strongwoman and highland games are my primary sports but grip has been on my list of things I need to accomplish for a very long time. Thanks to Jedd, I am learning lots.

Welcome! You're keeping a training log at EFTS right?

Welcome!

Welcome! You're keeping a training log at EFTS right?

Yes!

Hello all. Didn't intend to break "protocol," however, in my zest for info I may have overlooked the "my name is and this is what I did this summer" routine.

My name is AJ I'm a bit over 6' and 268. I have powerlifted for a number of years, been down to Westside a few times and pretty much follow their template. I have not however cared about grip strength until recently. Never really knew it could be AMPED up like the rest of the body. I got the Ironmind grippers and after some playing around I got up to closing the 2.5 with my right, and not quite with the left.

I just read up on Block training and with what I have done in under 3 weeks time with the blocks in really inspiring. I have been using Hex blocks and was told that if no Blobs could be found these are basically as good, just much tougher on the hands.

I would however like to get a Blob of some sort. So....if anyone knows where, plz let me know. I think this site is set up real nice and look to drain every bit of useful info on block and wrist training. Thank you :)

Andy

Hello all. Didn't intend to break "protocol," however, in my zest for info I may have overlooked the "my name is and this is what I did this summer" routine.

My name is AJ I'm a bit over 6' and 268. I have powerlifted for a number of years, been down to Westside a few times and pretty much follow their template. I have not however cared about grip strength until recently. Never really knew it could be AMPED up like the rest of the body. I got the Ironmind grippers and after some playing around I got up to closing the 2.5 with my right, and not quite with the left.

I just read up on Block training and with what I have done in under 3 weeks time with the blocks in really inspiring. I have been using Hex blocks and was told that if no Blobs could be found these are basically as good, just much tougher on the hands.

I would however like to get a Blob of some sort. So....if anyone knows where, plz let me know. I think this site is set up real nice and look to drain every bit of useful info on block and wrist training. Thank you :)

Andy

Welcome Andy!

Hello grippers!

I'm 26 years old student from finland, that recently got back into physical training. I used to do some serious/less serious gym training several years ago(age ~16-23), but last few years have gone by smoking and drinking.

I quit smoking 6 weeks ago and picked up my long forgotten coc T and #1 shortly after. I'm quite suprised that after few years of doing nothing physical, I can now do +20 reps on that #1 after a month of training or so. Going to order #1,5 and #2 when my poor-ass-student budged allows it. Also planning to hit the gym again in near future to get back some general strength levels.

I know this may not be correct place for this, but its not worth of a new thread either.

I only could afford one gripper this time and I decided to go for the #2. It arrived today and I closed it with right hand, lefty stayed 1mm open.

Thanks for the advices to skip the 1,5 guys!

Damn im hungry for this now.

Hello my name is Darius. Im 16 years old 170lbs, I've been really into weightlifting since 7 months ago. I love it so much, and then I found out about grip training and now I have started that. Only been doing it for 1 week. I could just barely close the 1.5 right aways my goal right now is the 2, and long term would be the 3. Almost got a 1000lb total as well =]

My name is John, age 25, thought I give this place a shot. I'm a big fan of grippers.

My name is John, age 25, thought I give this place a shot. I'm a big fan of grippers.

Awesome John. Welcome aboard. To tell you the truth, I much perfer this venue to Kim Wood's unbridled trolling. The gripboard is much more success and strategy oriented than the IM forum is these days. I'm sure that your game will improve talking to the guys here. How are you doing on your prep for the #3 cert?

-Jordan

Awesome John. Welcome aboard. To tell you the truth, I much perfer this venue to Kim Wood's unbridled trolling. The gripboard is much more success and strategy oriented than the IM forum is these days. I'm sure that your game will improve talking to the guys here. How are you doing on your prep for the #3 cert?

-Jordan

Thanks Jordan. The #3 cert will happen next month (really, I could make a cert attempt on the 3 right now if I wanted too, I just tried out a #3 I have that's the same strength as the one I used for my first cert attempt and closed it very easy), I'm working on increasing the weight on my Secret Weapon, once I reach the 160 plus lb range on that machine I'll be more than ready to go for a cert attempt again.

Welcome to the board!

Hello my name is Darius. Im 16 years old 170lbs, I've been really into weightlifting since 7 months ago. I love it so much, and then I found out about grip training and now I have started that. Only been doing it for 1 week. I could just barely close the 1.5 right aways my goal right now is the 2, and long term would be the 3. Almost got a 1000lb total as well =]

Welcome to the board!

Hi my name's Levi. I'm almost 14 and am working on closing the number 1. I originally started griptraining to help with pullups, but now grip training is something on its own for me. Eventually I hope to become a captains of crush #3.

Oh how the mighty have fallen….

Hello, my name is Kit Cannon and I was once a Gripaholic. The real sad part about that statement is that it is very true. I WAS really into grip work at one time. I actually used to be a member of this forum under the handle SSJ50Matrix. It seems I can no longer use that name seeing as 2005 was the last time I posted anything. Naturally I forgot my password and all of that good stuff that’s included, which may not be such a bad thing. I believe I was 16 years old when I stopped coming here. Life, school, fun times, and not doing grip feats got in the way a little.

Yet I find myself here again, years later. Why, you might ask. You see I at one point could rip decks, was closing in on the #3, and even got certified for bending a 6” Grade 8 bolt. I even have a few lame videos on the Cyberpump Grip Gallery. Now I was joking when I said “mighty” in my intro, because I see myself as anything but. It just really shook me the other day when I was helping my family move and ran across a box of my old stuff. I saw an assortment of unbent nails with all my old gear. Well yesterday I bent a few Timber Ties just for fun, and saw an old friend of mine… The 60D nail… So I picked him up, winked, wrapped up and went at him! Ok OK.. A little out of context and that could sound bad. Anyway, It felt like I had never bent one before… The Damn thing did not budge. Attempt after failed attempt, and finally I was broken. What had happened? You’re telling me I could do this at 16, but here I am 24 and I could get the thing to kink?

So, needless to say, I’m back, albeit a little more portly than before. You see I started MMA and boxing for a little while, then suddenly fell off the wagon. Last time I was here I was sitting at about 185 lbs.. Well here are my stats now.

Height: 5,6

Weight: 245

So my goal is to simply get back in shape. No, I’m not 245 of muscle ;). Can’t wait to get back into the routine Fellas!

Oh and don't go reading my old posts... I used to be quite annoying.. very very annoying..

Hi my name's Levi. I'm almost 14 and am working on closing the number 1. I originally started griptraining to help with pullups, but now grip training is something on its own for me. Eventually I hope to become a captains of crush #3.

Oh how the mighty have fallen….

Hello, my name is Kit Cannon and I was once a Gripaholic. The real sad part about that statement is that it is very true. I WAS really into grip work at one time. I actually used to be a member of this forum under the handle SSJ50Matrix. It seems I can no longer use that name seeing as 2005 was the last time I posted anything. Naturally I forgot my password and all of that good stuff that’s included, which may not be such a bad thing. I believe I was 16 years old when I stopped coming here. Life, school, fun times, and not doing grip feats got in the way a little.

Yet I find myself here again, years later. Why, you might ask. You see I at one point could rip decks, was closing in on the #3, and even got certified for bending a 6” Grade 8 bolt. I even have a few lame videos on the Cyberpump Grip Gallery. Now I was joking when I said “mighty” in my intro, because I see myself as anything but. It just really shook me the other day when I was helping my family move and ran across a box of my old stuff. I saw an assortment of unbent nails with all my old gear. Well yesterday I bent a few Timber Ties just for fun, and saw an old friend of mine… The 60D nail… So I picked him up, winked, wrapped up and went at him! Ok OK.. A little out of context and that could sound bad. Anyway, It felt like I had never bent one before… The Damn thing did not budge. Attempt after failed attempt, and finally I was broken. What had happened? You’re telling me I could do this at 16, but here I am 24 and I could get the thing to kink?

So, needless to say, I’m back, albeit a little more portly than before. You see I started MMA and boxing for a little while, then suddenly fell off the wagon. Last time I was here I was sitting at about 185 lbs.. Well here are my stats now.

Height: 5,6

Weight: 245

So my goal is to simply get back in shape. No, I’m not 245 of muscle ;). Can’t wait to get back into the routine Fellas!

Oh and don't go reading my old posts... I used to be quite annoying.. very very annoying..

Welcome! And, in Kit's case...welcome back!

Hello, my name is Shane Cutler. I'm 6'3 252. I've been doing strongman/grip training for about 8 months total. I farmers hold 340 per hand for 32 seconds and can close the #3 easily in both hands. 3.5....not even close. I'm looking to improve grip strength for events and I'd really like to close the four within a few years.

Hello, my name is Shane Cutler. I'm 6'3 252. I've been doing strongman/grip training for about 8 months total. I farmers hold 340 per hand for 32 seconds and can close the #3 easily in both hands. 3.5....not even close. I'm looking to improve grip strength for events and I'd really like to close the four within a few years.

Welcome Shane!

Corrections A grade 5 Bolt

Welcome back Kit! I remember you and didn't think you were annoying most of the time. :)