NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello all,

My name is Jimmy, 32 yo from Sweden.

I don't train much. I used to and want to take it up again. This time I will include forearm and hand training as well.

I have a few grippers already, up to the RB210. I can close the RB160 fairly easy untrained. The main goal is, as for a lot of people here I`d wager, CoC #3. After that I don't know.

I've bought IronMinds Expand Bands to make sure I don't train only crushing.

Pinching will be done with plates at the gym until I get some of the cool toys designed for that purpose.

Bending will come later I think.

I'm 185 cm and weigh 113 kg (and dropping.)

Looking forward to learning more while here!

Hey all.

Jay from Southern AZ. Just coming in to the grip scene, but been working grip exercises for years on my own.

Roughly 6ft, 270. So far, I've worked my way up to the IM 2 CSS, a few mils away from the 2.5 MMS. Glad to be here!

Hi all,

My name is Mick, I am 35 and been religiously training with weights for 20 years. I am 6ft and a half and currently 210lbs with 33' waist. For some context, I was a beanpole 125lbs when I started weights so I am somewhat qualified to speak on gaining strength and size with pretty average genetics. I am from Australia and live near Sydney - keen to hear from any other Aussies on the forum.

My training over the years has been an evolution with a focus on bodybuilding for many years until through education and some wisdom, really discovered pure strength training about 5 years ago - and have never looked back. It was about this time I also discovered and became addicted to grip training, although I feel it has been only the past year that I really have become obsessed with it!

I train at home in a gym that has grown with me through the years. I have been fortunate to assemble a large array of grip equipment to keep me entertained. I am also a strong believer in bodyweight training (think Convict Conditioning - Paul Wade), powerlifting (think 531 - Jim Wendler ) and extreme conditioning ( think the Prowler and kettlebells). I have a million rehabbed injuries from having poor knowledge when I was younger, being naturally pretty weak and from training extremely hard, all of which influence my exercise selection carefully these days.

I have been stuck on the CoC No 2.5 for about a year with only a few mill to go and was looking for help to get me moving forward again even though I can shut the No 2 for 10 reps. I came across this forum and have just started KTA. I have a burning goal to close CoC number 3. I have most of Ironmind's grip pieces and have 10 lifetimes of grip goals to achieve.

This is my first forum, hell I am not even on Facebook, just don't have time!

My wife asked me when I first got some grippers why would I ever need such a strong grip. The first thing I said was ' What if I was Stallone in the movie Cliffhanger and you were my girlfriend who I droppped and killed...wouldn't you wish I could close a CoC No 3 then?' She still remembers this today - hence when I was taking about what my profile name should be...she said Cliffhanger! Good choice

Hello all! My name is Vadim i'm from israel! I'm training at armwrestling and looked for something that can improve my handstrenght and wrist.

Ordered set of 10 Coc's almost month ago, now its my new hobby, i really became freak of grippers! Read as many information as i can :D i really like it and my aim is to close the MONSTER #4 someday :D Good luck all of you guys!

Hello, name is Aaron and I've been playin around with CoC grippers for a little over a year now. I'm 28 years old, 6'3'' and tip the scales at 290lbs ( could stand to lose 50lbs or so ). I'm about 1/4 of an inch from a TNS close of a CoC 3.5. I'm not very good at setting a gripper so I don't train for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm shawn. Started posting here and messing with hand strength a while back. Tried to show off bending one night and hurt my hand. It took a while to heal and I got sidetracked for a few years. I do a lot of different lifting and crossfit. Found a bag of my nails and decided to get back into it. I was able to close a 1.5 coc and last I remember in 2008 I could barely close a one. I'm looking to stay at it and stay smart about it this time.

Hey, I'm Jeff. I am fairly new to the world of grip strength/training. I am 23 years old, 6'4" 180 lbs, and from the States. I have participated in a variety of exercise formats and activities over the years: rings, weight lifting, dabbled in crossfit, and formerly was very into rock climbing. About two years ago I discovered the CoC grippers and bought the #1, which I trained with for a while before lending it to my brother. At this point I am sort of in a lull with regard to my fitness and want to get more into grip work. Along with pull ups, it has always been an interest and curiosity of mine.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm Mike. I'm 63, 5'8", 157 lbs. I just got a CoC trainer a couple weeks ago and can close it but only once or twice. Thought I'd look around for info instead of just fooling around with it. I blew out my elbow doing weighted pull-ups a couple years ago, I'm pretty much healed up but don't want it to happen again. Grip training seems like the way to go. I'd like to get a one arm pull-up again before I die. Presently I have 10 reps weighted pull-ups with 25 lbs, and 2 reps with 75lbs. Had multiple reps OAP on both arms in my 20's, got a career and lost a lot of my fitness. I'm trying to find my way back with Crossfit. I have a ways to go. Best regards to all.

Hi, My name is Jawed. I am 38 yrs old, 5' 5". 160 lb. I don't have much history with strength training or body building till last year. Maybe a midlife crisis. Have been struggling with wrist pain and tennis elbow while doing power cleans. Also recognized my grip limitations with dead lifts. I just a Fatgripz and COC trainer. Would like to make my way up to COC 2 and maybe try my hand on Rolling thunder. I am hoping to learn from all the experts on this board.

Hello everybody. My name is Dale, 5'10" 180 LBS from Albany, New York. Join this grip forum see how it is, right now I can close a CoC #1 that was left behind from the last owners of this ranch... My goal is to close a #2, just to be above what most men can close. I can already do 120 straigh push ups, 20 chin ups, 35 pull ups... which is above the average so this is my next goal. Not big into weight lifting but any pointers will be appreciated. Also wondering what happened to silverbackgrip, seems like his site and youtube is down... that guy was entertaining and really got me into wanting to try this... Any info on him or anybody else who does similar vids would be cool to keep motivated. Thanks all!

HI GUYS

im Aiden bingley i'm 6'4, 215 lbs, 17 years old from england. i'm a former rugby player and have only recently been introduced to grip training. Previously in off-season training i would spend some of my time weight training (mainly olympic lifts and powerlifting). but in the recent month or so, i have gained a liking for strongman and grip strength. I have just built myself a home gym with all the basics (power rack, bench, barbells, dumbbells etc) and have even acquired some strongman equipment (150kg atlas stone lol, tractor tyres, farmers walk, axles ) and for grip a vulcan gripper.

as i am quite new to grip training and many people on this forum are so highly experienced i thought it would be best to ask a little about trining on grippers.

should i train grippers after my main lifts allong with my usual core/ab exercises (3 times a week, 3 sets 5 reps)

thank you in advance for any responses or freindly hello's.

live long and train hard - bingley

Hi everyone,

I,m a bouncer from the Netherlands,I weigh 220lbs,my height is 6 feet,2 inches long.

the reason I would like to be a member of this forum is to share and learn.

What I do to get a grip on things:

1.Wristroller

2.Pinching

3.spongegrippers 150lbs-350lbs

4.Zotmann curls

5.Reverse dumbel and barbellcurl

6.Half a dumbell to twist from left to right

7.Bottle with rice to grip during the day

8.Gripping machine,one like Bruce Lee used

Still feel a bit weak;-)

What I also do is a circuittraining to train all musclegroups.

I use a barbell with one weight,then I have the following excercises:

Bent over row

Shrugs

Militairy press

Squats

Barbellcurl

Benchpress

No breaks,just go and all until failure,3x a week

In the morning I run between 3-6 miles

I also have an 8 isometric excercise daily

I have 5 different abdominal excercises,daily

my hands and forearms also daily.

I also deadlift minimum of 1,2 a week

Edited by bouncer

My name is Tommy and I have an enormous interest ingrip strength.My goalis to close theCaptains ofCrush3 or3.5 ona maximum of 1.5years andare strugglingtremendouslyfor it now.

Edited by kordkrogarn

Hello my name is Jonathan Vogt and I am 22 years old and I weigh 255 lbs and I am 6 foot 1. I am mainly interested in crush grip. I am certified on the captains of crush 3 and 3.5 and the ghp 8. I am trying to certify on the coc 4.

• Like 3

Hi Jonathan, I watched your videos with pleasure. You are BEAST with grippers. And with your age you can only grow!

Welcome! Would be cool if you kept a training log or so.

Also Tommy and the other guys! Welcome and please share your results and training!

Edited by Geralt

Hey, Im Dan. Found this board when I started training grip, which began when I flipped on the TV to see Sasuke had come to America and that I could try to get on American Ninja Warrior 4. I sprint well and was a good athlete through high school, squat ATG 405, DL 455, and push press 205, but being 6' and 210-220, I had some grip work to do. I have a set of 100-300lb Bone Crusher grippers and I can get the 300 for 3 on a good day, and I may grab a 2.5 and 3 COC soon to get more "legit".

over the past 7-9 months my routine has evolved to

- closing the BC300 for a few sets of 1-3 reps (nothing fancy)

- hang/do pull ups off a 2x2 on my pull up bar 4-5 sets (like the cliffhanger!)

- a few sets of 4-5 eagle loop pull ups with just my fingertips in the loops

I should find out in the next 10 days if I will be competing in the preliminary regionals in Miami!

Hi all

strongest people of the planet,

I'm Andrew Velikodny from Ukraine, with a small town.

be engaged in an closings. My first expander was COC 2.5, I was able to close the month of training, the next number was СОС 3, but injured his feet and longer engaged with, but as time passed and I returned.

Now do over the closing three COC from the cart/

Hello my name is Travis Mitchell. I am 32 years old, 5' 7" and 165 pounds. From Columbus, Indiana. Been training grip off and on for the last few years but now I am very serious about closing the number # 3 this year. I can close a #2 but cannot yet close my RB180. Which I would guess is somewhere around a 2.2.

Also just built my own SW and it seems to be helping. Will post pictures in my profile later.

Johnathan if you are ever home I would like to talk grip work with you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello GB'ers -

My name is Lars and I'm from the Mid-Atlantic, USA. I'm just a regular Joe family man that got into strength training in my 30's after spending too many years bike racing and running. I've run the newbie course of goofiness into proper strength training recently and am closing in on my goal of 1-arm pressing and chinning half bodyweight (currently 188lbs).

I have zero grip training background and just stumbled across Adam Glass' site late last year while searching for Kettlbell pressing advice. After watching a few videos there and over on DieselCrew I knew that I had to try this out. Since then I've bought a basic set of CoC grippers (1,2,3) and have been working my way towards closing the #2. I can see that learning how to properly set and handle the grippers is something that I need to learn more about so I have some reading to do.

Thanks for reading.

-lars

hi all,

my name is jon. i've been training grip for around a year and i'm amazed at how addicting this stuff is.

had a pec injury from which i've been recovering since august but i still am working the grip stuff hard.

the only grip setback with having a weak pec is i cant do any more bending. i was into the braced/unbraced stuff and my personal best was a 12" 80 timber spike. as far as unbraced - i could easily kill a 60d in any style; D.O., D.U., and terminator. currently i am in week 3 of KTA and the program is incredible as i have been hitting PRs on grippers regularly in spite of the intensity of the program. in fact, earlier this evening i hit level 12 on my V2... crazy because i have only had two grip days off in the last 2 weeks... goals for this summer are to smash the #3 and an extremely hard hg 300, which i would actually rate much harder than the COC #3

My name is Bobby.

I am 21, 6'5, and weigh roughly 210lbs.

My interests are grip and oldtime strongman feats. Ive been seriously focusing on these interests for roughly a year and have come a long way, and I am interested in nothing but progression. Currently I am nearly closing the CoC #2.5 with my right hand, and bending various light horseshoes and short stock of different steel grades.

My goals are achieving full potential: closing the #4, bending the gold nail, and turning my body into an efficient and powerful machine. And I will stop nothing short of bending the biggest steel possible. I am only interested in strength, not beauty; pure, superhuman strength. And this is what attracts me to grip and strongmanism, because it seems the best route to becoming something much greater than myself.

Steelbending especially, in all forms, is my real target, and I try to build all of my training around this focus. But unfortunately, I find that the more i learn about the subject, the more I realize how "in the dark" I am about it, so for all you steel benders out there, I'd love to swap information about what to bend, and all the different approaches to training for bending.