Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

New PR in Last 2 Finger Pinch:

https://www.youtube....h?v=QRpwE-XfMZQ

"Pinching four 5 kg plates + 2 kg (1 kg + 1 kg in weight plates) with my right hand ring, pinky and thumb."

Hit three 5 kg plates + 3,5 kg with LH (Last 2 Finger Pinch PR). Hope to lift four 4 kg plates there soon.

--

Only Test Day/s left now on KTA Blob 2. We'll see what I can do then.. At least already nice increase in Last 2 Finger Strenght.

Today I did 276 Bodyweight Squats in 7 minutes time (PR in most Bodyweight Squats in One Set) (PR in most Bodyweight Squats in 7 Minutes).

Now I am over half way to my goal of 500 BW Squats in less then 15 minutes. This was significantly better pace also, then needed for that goal.

On the down side I got little pain in my head this time as well.. Perhaps need rest..

Resting pulse from last 4 times (taken from last 7 days or sumthing like that): 64, 60, 64, 60. I wonder what it would be if I did not use snus so much.. (=

Yesterday before bed time my resting pulse was 56 (PR.. :O) Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Tabata Squats

20 kg weight plate as resistance (20 kg plate equivalent to a 45 pounds plate)

Set 1: 16 reps

Rest

Set 2: 14 reps

Rest

Set 3: 11 reps

Rest

Set 4: 11 reps

Rest

Set 5: 10 reps

Rest

Set 6: 10 reps

Rest

Set 7: 8 reps

Rest

Set 8: 7 reps

Total amount of reps: 87 (PR in total number of reps, on this weight) (PR with 9 reps)

I think I will continue with the same resistance next time.

--

This was VERY painful. I was in great pain and I throw up 3 time afterwards. It was tough just to drink my usual after training glass of milk.

The last couple of weeks I have smoked a couple of cigarettes, and old BAD habit. I had stopped smoking for several months, then I tasted a cigarette puff, from my big brother -- Big mistake! Now I am determined again to NOT LET THESE ***** CIGARETTES destroy my health and condition! I WILL avoid cigarettes, for my general health and condition.

So it took until October 26 2012 until I dared to do this one again.. (Quote is from December 15 2011). And yeah, i'm avoiding cigarettes. There was some smoking after the tragic death of my big bro (RIP), but no more ciggs now,

Tabata Squats

20 kg weight plate as resistance (20 kg plate equivalent to a 45 pounds plate)

Set 1: 17 reps

Rest

Set 2: 16 reps

Rest

Set 3: 16 reps

Rest

Set 4: 13 reps

Rest

Set 5: 11 reps

Rest

Set 6: 12 reps

Rest

Set 7: 10 reps

Rest

Set 8: 11 reps

Total amount of reps: 106 (PR in total number of reps, on this weight) (PR with 19 reps)

--

Significantly more reps this time. And I were significantly less tired this time. It was though this time too off course. But last time the pain was enough to make a shy bald buddist reflect and plan a mass murder.. (= This was a clear sign that my general condition has become better.

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Good work on staying off the smokes. I smoked for a very long time and it took me about 3 years of on and off quitting to finally kick the habit. Keep going!

Good work on staying off the smokes. I smoked for a very long time and it took me about 3 years of on and off quitting to finally kick the habit. Keep going!

Thanks man. I still use snus :-/ So that made quitting alot easier. Congrats to quitting with the s*** !! It's a much sweeter feeling gasping for air after training.. then what you get from those d*** cigarette puffs.

Tabata Kettlebell Thrusters

12 kg kettlebell. One handed thrusters.

Set 1: 14 reps

Rest

Set 2: 11 reps

Rest

Set 3: 11 reps

Rest

Set 4: 10 reps

Rest

Set 5: 8 reps

Rest

Set 6: 7 reps

Rest

Set 7: 6 reps

Rest

Set 8: 6 reps

Total amount of reps: 73 (PR) (7 reps better then last time)

--

Did 1 more Round then desired. The sound didn't work to my Tabata Mobile App, I noticed after Set 1, so I had to restart.

Headache getting worse. Checked my Visual system. It has changed significantly.. Explains the headache. Talk about crappy timing to this bothering me in time for Kta Blob Test Days.. Tried max lifts today but it was just terrible. My new glasses is supposed to arrive next Tuesday or Wednesday - Planning for KTA Blob Test Day, next Thursday.

My resting pulse is off the charts..:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/ It sucks to be sick *swearing like Captain Haddock*

Felt bad this morning and until recently. But after a 2 km walk I started feeling better. My heart rate normalised itself. So I could'nt resist hitting some Bodyweight Squats. Did 316 reps in 7 minutes (PR in total number of reps, PR in total numbers of reps in 7 minutes). In the same set I did 100 reps in 1:29 (PR). I hit PR in reps in 5 minutes as well, but don't remember the time.

Did 100 Bodyweight Squats in 1:27 (PR)

Updating more tomorrow..

Got at the computer now.

Don't know what to write, but I write anyway. Never any good test day on KTA Blob. Got sick after last post with fever and nausea. Have new glasses now so headache gone. Fever Gone. Nausea Gone. Taking it fairly easy this week to not rush after the fever. Greasing the Groove with Last 2 Finger Pinch, will add First 2 Finger tomorrow. Not many sets. Not much from max weight (I know that's now ideal according to Pavel T for example). Aiming to to that 4 more days in a row. Hope to pinch four 5 kg plates with LH. Greasing with three 5 kgs + 3 kg LH. Greasing the Groove with four 5 kg plates RH. Hoping to hit PR with RH after this. Last 2 Finger (Pinch) strenght has come to live after KTA Blob. And it was a really though program. So I think it was a success I completed it. It def thoughened up my hands. And myself mentaly for grip training and grip workouts. So i'm happy I did the program. And pinching four 5 kg plates + 2,25 kg with Last 2 Fingers would be cool! Next goal RH :) Balancing it with four 5 kg plates LH.. Goal..

I don't know if I do this greasing for multiple weeks or not. I also want to get back to deadlifting. Thinking about approaching Deadlift with Grease the Groove, as well. 5 days training in a row, 1-6 reps, 5-6 sets i'm thinking then. Multiple weeks.

EDIT: Light Cardio this week with shorter bw squats sets.

• Like 1

Got an impulse and decided to try to do 500 bw squats in less then 15 minutes. Even though it was supposed to be easy cardio this week. My impulsiveness for once let me to a good thing (= :

500 Bodyweight Squats done in 13:39 (PR in most reps in one set).

So now I have completed my Bodyweight Squats goal, of 500 reps in less then 15 minutes.

EDIT: My BW is somewhere around 117-118 kg as of today.. I think its much cooler to do high rep bw squats if your a heavy guy/girl.. haha.. :tongue

Managed to squese out 17 reps with right leg, in one legged squats (PR). "Re-Grip" after each rep for balance. Balance sucked with Left leg, but I did hit 15 assisted for Balance reps (PR). I am a bit sore in my legs after the set yesterday. Perhaps I can hit a 20 repper with right leg, when fresh!

Tabata Kettlebell Thrusters

12 kg kettlebell. One handed thrusters.

Set 1: 15 reps

Rest

Set 2: 14 reps

Rest

Set 3: 13 reps

Rest

Set 4: 11 reps

Rest

Set 5: 11 reps

Rest

Set 6: 10 reps

Rest

Set 7: 9 reps

Rest

Set 8: 7 reps

Total amount of reps: 90 (PR) (17 reps better then last time)

I got interupted at the last set and lost count of reps. I'm pretty sure I did 8 reps, maybe even 9. But I write 7 so i'm positive I don't write too many reps.

--

Have taken a few 2 km walks since last update. Today is the last day of this 5 days Grease the Groove. Never got round to first 2 finger pinch, still just last 2.. But I did throw in a set of Card Tearing at the end of each day. I think my technique i've been using in videos makes it too easy. Now i'm trying to build up to a full deck, using only Over/Under Technique. I do "pull" the cards apart for the finishing move. Will try with 39 Cards tonight. 37 went down easy yesterday. Adding 1-2 Cards as soon as the last deck went down easy.

Bodyweight Squats News: Gosh. I counted and counted twice.. (yeah) on my 500 bw squats set. Turns out I only did 499 squats!! (true story bro). Lesson learned. When doing really high reps, always make "security reps". I'm learning to not get too frustrated from bad things happen in my training. Has never let to good things. Progressing there. Yesterday I did 500 squats but messed up the depth on them. +250 squats later with good depth but slow pace. Today I did ~388 reps on 12 minutes. Stopped there cuz I missed the goal pace.

"Pinching four 5 kg plates + 2,5 kg (1,25 kg + 1,25 kg in weight plates) with my right hand ring finger, pinky and thumb." (PR). See video below:

Tore apart a deck of Cards yesterday. Probably the ugliest tear ever done. The cards is low budget I found and bought 100 decks of. Easier then Bicycles, but lot harder then other cheap cards i've tried. Good for training. Did 300 bw squats in 8 minutes today. Questionable depth on some reps in the first 100. Ordered IM Blue Nails Yesterday, along with a Kettlebell DVD. Thinking about working out much with KBs.

Grippers

LH: Solid 2 repper on CoC #2.

RH: Miss, Miss, Powerful Close on CoC #3

Card Tearing

Begun with a full deck, no no, took away cards til about 45 and tore it slow and ugly.

Kettlebell Flips

Tried some flipping. First time. Did as best 5 reps on two hand flips with 12 kg kb. One hand flip to right hand x 1, x 1 to left hand (12 kg kb again). Not so heavy, gotta work on technique obviously.

Last 2 Fingers

RH: Four 5 kg plates x 1. 48 kg kb x 2.

LH: Three 5 kg plates for hold. Fail on 48 kg kb.

Kettlebell 2-Hand Press

16 kg kb x 35, drop, 12 kg kb x 12.

Felt weird..

TTK

2-Thumbs Crush: 10 kg x 55

Short of time for this workout so I decided to do One legged Squats:

Right leg: 20 reps (PR) (A Slow Set)

Left leg: 15 reps (Assisted for balance, except first 3)

My right leg has always been dominant.

Short of time for this workout so I decided to do One legged Squats:

Right leg: 20 reps (PR) (A Slow Set)

Left leg: 15 reps (Assisted for balance, except first 3)

My right leg has always been dominant.

Good pace with LL.

Grippers

RH: CoC #3, Close, Miss.

LH: CoC #2, 1 rep.

Card Tearing

47 Cards. Slow and Ugly.

Kettlebell Flips

12 kg: Hand to Hand Forward Flip and Catch x 20

16 kg: Hand to Hand Forward Flip and Catch x 10, 14

Technique went much much better then yesterday.

Abs

The Plank. + 15 kg, Drop, + 10 kg, Drop, + 5 kg, Drop, BW. Short rest then 1 x BW.

Two Hand Pinch

Two 20 kg plates for hold x 1.

Shrugs

48 kg kb x 52

Kettlebell Flips

16 kg: Hand to Hand Forward Flip and Catch x 10, 14

I mean "Backward Flip". Jogged a mile with the dog! Heavy terrain. + My feet started hurting. Think I need new running shoes.

Earlier today: 200 BW Squats in 04:51.

Just now:

Warmed up with Grippers (1 weak rep on CoC #3 RH, 1 rep on CoC #2 LH). Then I tore apart 40 Cards in 25-26 seconds. Don't remember the name of the deck, cheap one.

Kettlebell Flips

16 kg: Hand to Hand Backward Flip and Catch x 24 (PR but only about third time I do this one)

Wanted to try some Forwards flip. Took some failed attempts before I got reps going.

16 kg: Hand to Hand Forward Flip and Catch x 5, 1, 14

The Flips felt good.